DJ Tripp Reviews

14 Reviews for DJ Tripp

• Bernaline

Bernaline · Married on 10/20/2018

He's the best!

Emer was awesome at my wedding reception. He's easy to work with and even though he's just queuing the songs most of the time, he knows how to draw in your guests to dance (even those who are shy). He sticks very well to the timeline and will even teach a dance or two on the dance floor. He's very open to the bride or groom's ideas and has a bunch of options to choose from to create a package that's right for you. You won't be sorry!

Sent on 11/16/2018

DJ Tripp's reply:

Thank you for your time posting this Bernaline. Because of this, I may reconsider joining WeddingWire again. Although I did not get your inquiry here, it would be nice to get future brides-to-be here on WeddingWire because of your thoughtful comments. I did play most of your suggested playlist and I would have played more of your song requests given the extra time that night, especially the Hispanic songs you chose. I also would have gone out to the dance floor to either initiate group participation like the bridal train or the chicken dance but the distance to the dance floor was not that close from the DJ table area. Regardless I observed the your diverse crowd of wonderful guests with the timing respected for the cake cutting, money dance and other formal dances. Overall many of the guests that I interacted with throughout the day and night were nothing but considerate and grateful. This just fuels me to do the best I can to ensure everyone there enjoys their time with you and your family. I am thankful for how everything came to close and I wish you and everyone there the best! Continued to be blessed!

Joseph · Married on 10/21/2017

Five star service here...Emer was really easy to work with! He was very responsive and flexible to our needs. I highly recommend him for any of your special event needs!

Sent on 10/29/2017

DJ Tripp's reply:

Thank you for your time to post this review Joseph! I had a wonderful experience with you and your friends and family. Your involvement in planning was well appreciated and the event turned out just as successful as the planning. Best regards in your new journey and I am so grateful for your consideration! Continue to be blessed and thank you again:)

Madelaine · Married on 08/19/2017

You were awesome during the planning process and day of! Thank you Emer! :)

Sent on 09/08/2017

DJ Tripp's reply:

Thank you for your review! I am so happy for you Madelaine and JD! Thank you for that awesome T-shirt that I will always remember your big day! Continue to be blessed and stay blessed :)

Leah · Married on 08/15/2017

Emer was the best vendor at our wedding. He kept the crowd going during dance times, and he kept the audience well-informed during our fast-paced wedding. He even assisted with some of the planning and coordinating for different times. Honestly, he did a better job than my day of management wedding coordinator.

Sent on 08/15/2017

DJ Tripp's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Leah:) I appreciate all the input that you and Dustin gave to help prepare for your big day! I had a wonderful time and seeing this just makes me so happy to hear! I wish you and Dustin only the best! Continue to be blessed:)

Julie · Married on 07/02/2016

Excellent service!!!! Highly recommend DJ Tripp aka Elmer! He is very energetic and engaging!!! He was DJ at my brothers and friends weddings- very impressed! He is the best DJ in Hampton Roads!!!!

Sent on 07/16/2016

DJ Tripp's reply:

Thank you so much for your very kind words and time to post this. I truly had a wonderful time at you and John's big day with your friends and family! Best regards and wishes to you and all your guests! Definitely a memorable time and well appreciated :)

Emer is beyond awesome! He takes the time to get to know his clients and what they want. He has energy to keep the crowd going. Emer is probably one of the top 5 go to person in Hampton Roads for weddings. It was a pleasure working with him and it is truly an honor to call him a good friend. Thanks for everything!

Sent on 09/15/2013

Kay · Married on 12/29/2012

I thought it would be a hassle having to hire a DJ that is located far from where I lived because I really would not have the time to see him, but it definitely all worked out GREAT!! We communicated through the phone and emails. He definitely helped me get more organized in regards to our music choice. We shared ideas and took some of his advice because he is more familiar with weddings than I am. I finally met him right before we had to open up the dinner/dancing area at my reception. He did a great job and everyone was asking where I got my DJ from. Definitely a great choice! He was recommended through our friends, who is actually doing their wedding in the summer.

Sent on 01/08/2013

Donna · Married on 09/08/2012

If I could give above 5 stars I DEFINITELY WOULD!

Quality of Service:
    DJ Tripp (or Emer as I know him) was able to feel the crowd and play music accordingly, emcee'd with great enthusiasm, and provided useful input to my timelines that greatly benefited the flow of the wedding reception.

Responsiveness:
    Never had a problem contacting him or getting a response from him.

Professionalism:
    Extremely professional! Knew exactly what he was doing and seemed to genuinely enjoy being there.

Value:
    Was VERY affordable especially for the quality of service he provided.

Flexibility:
    Emer met with me on several occasions in person at his office to go through my wedding timeline to ensure that he was familiar with all aspects of the event. We even did this over the phone once too. During one of the meetings he scheduled (our final walk-through) he was under the impression it was going to be held over Skype and I thought it was going to be held in person. When I called to tell him I was on the way to his office at 8PM for the meeting he was already headed out of the door but he stayed and we ended up holding this meeting at his office until nearly 10:30PM. He did so without any hesitation. He found time to go over every name in my wedding party (which was A LOT of people with DIFFICULT names) and he made sure he was able to pronounce them correctly.

Truly wonderful all around DJ for a wedding!

Sent on 09/13/2012

DJ Tripp's reply:

Donna, I am appreciative of your kind words. I'm just honored to be a part of you and Josh's BIG DAY at the Half Moone Cruise and Celebration Center in Norfolk. Your vendors were very accommodating and the FLOW was just right. I wish we had more time to enjoy the evening but your bar & photo booth were great attractions not to miss! Your allowance for the speakers and projector screen positioned itself just right. Your guests were fun to see and your planner kept me informed throughout! The payoff was how seamless and correct everything came in place. I appreciate the time you and Josh put in to communicate with me. My best to you, Josh and your wonderful families!

Carly · Married on 08/17/2012

Great job! Always going above and beyond to make our wedding special from planning out of state!

Sent on 08/25/2012

DJ Tripp's reply:

Carly, I had a great time with you and Chad at the Virginia Beach Resort and Conference Center. I'm so glad everything worked out given the distance from Arizona to Virginia! You had a fun bridal party and all your guests were very responsive to everything going on! I appreciate you and Chad's communication via email, cell, skype and finally in person! We made it to the end of the night and I felt complete with all that you wanted to happen. Thank you for having me celebrate the big day for Mr. & Mrs. Chad Gepfrey! Yay! I got the pronunciation right the whole time! Smiles!
  • Crisite

Crisite · Married on 08/10/2012

DJ Tripp was awesome for my wedding reception. He brought great positive party energy. He was receptive to the guests and what types of music the guests liked dancing to. My family and friends likes get up to dance and get down with the party! He announced the bridal party with great ease, professionalism and his suggestions were helpful for sequencing events. He also had lighting that helped to make the reception hall prettier with elegant ambiance. My sister and cousins have been using DJ Tripp for many years, he always throws a great party!

Sent on 08/26/2012

DJ Tripp's reply:

Cristie, I had a great time with you and Jason's families and friends. My trip to UVA's Alumni Hall in Charlottesville, Virginia was a wonderful experience. Having a current student there helped as well as Cody's ongoing communication throughout the day and night. I didn't let the hard rain affect us as we all kept dancing the night away. Going through each of your family members makes me feel as a member too. Just seeing and hearing how much everyone loves you and Jason really says a lot. I enjoyed the continuing "Namata Glee Club" tradition and even the groomsmen got in on the act with their "Magic Mike" rendition! I appreciate you and Jason having me travel up there and be a part of your special day in Charlottesville!

ashley · Married on 06/30/2012

DJ Emer is the most amazing DJ I've seen and worked with. Its that time of year for my husband and I as all of our friends (including us) are getting married. I saw Emer at a friends wedding last year and knew that I had to have him for mine. He gets everyone up dancing while keeping them all informed about the events.

Sent on 08/07/2012

DJ Tripp's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley. Despite nature's "call of the winds", everyone banded together for a great time at the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley in Winchester, Virginia! Seeing everyone happy both Friday and Saturday was really something! This was my first experience in your area just 18 miles east of West Virginia and 9 miles south of Maryland. That satisfying sigh of relief for such a wonderful evening paid off in the end. The "togetherness" your guests expressed just showed how much they cared for you and Ryan! Thanks again:)
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 06/16/2012

Emer did an excellent job at being our Dj. He was able to help us pick out music and find music we specially requested. He also was able to meet with us frequently to run ideas. I have gotten many compliments from our guests about how he got the crowd involved. We had a blast! Thanks, Emer!

Sent on 08/11/2012

DJ Tripp's reply:

Kristen, I had a wonderful time seeing and hearing your guests having fun at the Founders Inn and Spa in Virginia Beach! Observing you and JC enjoying the entire time showed how great it was! You could not have selected a better location, a better day and a better group of people to share your special day. Thank you for having considered me!

Jenny · Married on 06/03/2012

Emer is a great DJ. He has done many of my family events. I would definitely recommend him. He is willing to make his customers happy, easy to contact and communicate with. Energizes the crowd and keeps the party going.

Sent on 08/07/2012

DJ Tripp's reply:

Thanks Jenny! After so many years, can you believe I'm finally documenting my DJ services now? I've been so into the work that I forget to go over this part. This is why I love do what I do! The energy that your family and friends have over each party is something I live for! Your ceremony and reception at the Piazza in the Village in Colleyville, Texas was so beautiful! Thank you for your hospitality in Keller, Texas as well! I love to travel anywhere in the country and I thank you for the experience of having to DJ for the first time in good ol' Texas! The weather in Dallas is awesome without the humidity, and who knows? Maybe Houston? Thank you so much for you and Justin's wonderful hospitality!

Vladimir · Married on 03/24/2012

Emer contributed tremendously to the success of our wedding day! A night of High energy, audience participation, excellent communication, attention to detail and most of all- fun! Our guests were complimenting Emer on his awesome job for weeks. We could not ask for a better DJ! Thank you Emer!

Sent on 08/12/2012

DJ Tripp's reply:

Traveling to Chicago and staying at the Eaglewood Resort and Spa in Itasca, Illinois was well worth it! I think I spent more time on the dance floor than behind the DJ area. The games, the announcements, and the group dances were just a few to keep the awesome flow of the evening! I will never forget how much fun I had with all of your guests at Venuti's Banquets and Ristorante in Addison, Illinois! Vladimr, having me for you and Joanna's ceremony and reception was an honor. Thank you!