118 Reviews for DJ Sota Entertainment - West Coast Wedding DJs

Uplighting (3)
Consultation (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Photobooth (1)

I can't say enough wonderful things about DJ Sota! From our first call with him, he was professional and personable - a cut above others we spoke with. Every interaction with him gave us increasing confidence that we were in good hands. On the actual day of the wedding, he was amazing. He listened to what we wanted in terms of vibe and honored the songs I wanted him to play while keeping things moving along smoothly. When we had some last minute changes at the end of the night, he pulled them off and made it look easy. The music for the wedding was a big deal to me and he pulled off exactly what we wanted! I can't say enough about how trustworthy and professional and talented he is!!

Profile Picture Aleksandra, 8/4/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

DJ Sota was the perfect addition to our wedding. He is great at reading the room and finding the right "groove" for your event. He did a fantastic job as our MC and DJ for our wedding. Their company also has a photo booth which is a big plus. Our guests loved it!

Profile Picture Melanie, 6/16/18, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

DJ Sota was top notch- he was professional & totally gets how to make an event awesome! He did a great job helping us plan to run of show with song suggestions, ideas for making the reception engaging for our guests and helping us plan the timing of the ceremony and reception. He handled the entire event with class & the dancing mix was a blast. He was easy to work with, fair in his price and generally made the evening such a blast. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Susan, 4/20/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Sota Entertainment was a pleasure to work with. From the start he made our music planning such a breeze. He is very organized, professional and very detailed in planning music for ceremony and reception. My husband and I highly recommend him. Although we did not have a large wedding, he was flexible in providing a package which fit our needs.

Profile Picture griselda, 10/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Dakota was awesome to work with and played all our requested songs. Our call with him before to walk through our timeline and make suggestions was super helpful!

Profile Picture Astrid, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Music has been a huge part of our relationship and we knew we wanted our day to be filled with the music that we really loved, and so we knew picking the right DJ was crucial. Dakota (DJ Sota) was absolutely fantastic! We spent hours putting together our own MASSIVE playlist of 60+ songs for our cocktail hour and another 60+ songs for dinner/dancing to send to him, because we wanted to make sure the music we wanted was played. However, it was in no particular order and it had way too many songs for the evening, so I was curious what he was going to end up doing with it. When we met for our final details meeting with him and our wedding planner, Kristen Black, it was clear that he had done his research! While he knew most of the artists we put down, he had already looked up the few songs he didn't have or hadn't heard of, and had excellent suggestions for how to weave in our music and the music for the masses (classic wedding songs) that we wanted to include as well to make everyone happy. He had also started putting some of the songs in order based on what he thought would flow best. I was impressed with his professionalism - he had a number of things he wanted to get through to ensure he had a clear idea of our vision for the day, but we also had fun just chatting and getting to know each other a bit too. By the end of the meeting, I had no doubt that Dakota was going to deliver on an amazing day! And he did! On the day of, everything went off without a hitch! He stuck to the timeline and found a way to weave in all of our must hear music (which we, of course, put in bold on the massive list we had already sent him...we were so over the top!). People still talk about how incredible the music was and how much fun everyone had! The dance floor was packed all night and there was no awkward down time! The flow of the music and the evening was absolutely perfect and we owe that to our fantastic DJ, Dakota, and wedding planner, Kristen!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 7/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Dakota was recommended to us by a friend who used him for their wedding and I'm so glad he was! He was very detailed in requesting music from us beforehand and he was great at really getting a feel for what kind of music we wanted and what we liked. I had many compliments on our playlists throughout the event and the dance music was exactly what I hoped for. I was having a hard time focusing on visiting guests because I just wanted to keep dancing!

He was an excellent MC and kept the energy going well. We included the shoe game at our reception as well and he did a really great job with it and it was a really fun addition.

Thank you so much for everything!

Profile Picture Renee , 7/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

We had Dakota play at our wedding in May, 2017. I don't think the dance floor was empty all night, we had a fantastic time and danced the night away. We told him what our musical tastes were generally with a few specific requests and he was able to put together a great playlist, a nice mix of oldies and new stuff. He handled requests very well and even found songs on the spot that weren't already in his library. We would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Daniel, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

We chose Dakota as the DJ for our wedding on 11/6/16 and we were thrilled with how the night went. He was very hands on with everything, from sending us a rough timeline during our initial inquiry, giving us an online database to pick and choose our music from, to several phone calls where we went over all the details leading up to the event. He also had no problem giving suggestions, which was really useful in the end. We even had some last minute changes to the music that Dakota handled seamlessly.

The day itself went perfectly; Dakota kept the dance floor going, kept everything on schedule, and made all the dances really special (one of my favorites was how he approached the 'anniversary dance'). I've had several friends and family tell me afterwards about how great he was at keeping everything moving and how much fun they had on the dance floor.

We also used his wife, Kristen as our day-of coordinator and also used his photobooth service. Both are highly recommended - Kristen was a dream come true and the photobooth assistant went the extra mile and put together a book of the extra photo prints.

Overall, my husband and I thought Dakota killed it and would recommend to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. Thanks Dakota!

Profile Picture Meg, 11/6/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

Oh My God! Thank you very much Dj Dakota. You're awesome!!!!! Perfect from the beginning to the end ;)

Profile Picture paula, 11/4/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Microphones

We had the pleasure of using DJ Sota at our wedding this past Saturday, October 29th at Spanish Hills Country Club. As an extra special benefit we had his wife, Kristen, with Stop and Stare Events help assist us with wedding planning. DJ Sota was ready and availabe to assist us with any questions leading up to the wedding. We asked for songs to be synchronized at a particular time for Grand Entrance and DJ Sota made sure that it happened to the exact second. We were also very nervous about how much light the venue would provide and DJ had uplighting ready and available the night before the wedding. Talk about keeping the bride and groom calm right before their wedding!! I would highly recommend both DJ Sota and Kristen services to anyone looking for great music, high energy and flawless execution.

Profile Picture Freda, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

We worked with Dakota to DJ our October wedding recently, and WOW, he truly impressed us!! We had a very specific motown funk music theme and he perfectly merged all of our wishes with expert suggestions & additional ideas we hadn't thought of, including coming up with genius selections for the processional tunes (and dare I say, my now husband is a slight music snob). Dakota was incredibly professional and truly helped us navigate the best music-flow for all of our happenings. He is a true expert, and I would highly suggest using him, no matter your taste preferences. He is a perfect guide - very adaptable and knowledgable. We also rented video projection through him, and he managed all of the video streaming flawlessly. The sound quality was also superb for all areas of our outdoor venue. His work, in tandem with his wife - Kristen Black - who is a coordinator/wedding planner/owner of Stop & Stare Events, was top notch. They are the best team ever, and a fantastic value. I would highly suggest hiring both of them if you do require the service.

Profile Picture Destin, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Dakota was an amazing DJ! He went above and beyond our expectations and really kept the party going. He was a great dj and great mc and very professional. We had a few behind the scenes issues and he did a great job with keeping things on track and helping to solve some problems. I highly recommend him to anyone! We couldn't be happier with his performance.

Profile Picture Brooke, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Best DJ Ever!!! I have been to many weddings where the DJ totally makes or breaks the event. DJ Soto was professional and kept the party going. His announcements were right on cue and he was able to be quick on his feet and change up the timeline when new things came up. He worked really well with our wedding and venue coordinators and was so easy to communicate with. He helped to accommodate in our timeline our first dance turned flash mob turned party time, and even acted a little and played along when, at our request, he scratched the song and changed it to another one as rehearsed. Thanks to DJ Soto, the flash mob went off without a hitch and the party kept going after that. He was easy to get a hold of and was very helpful in answering all of our questions and nailing down the final timeline. When you have three different people telling you the best way to do things, he was able to put all of them together, combined with his expertise, to make the best flow for the big day.

Profile Picture User6437290, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Thanks to DJ Eddie, our wedding was a SUPER fun party! Music was a big priority for us and DJ Eddie executed flawlessly. Our friends love to dance and my husband and I have a very diverse taste in music from hip hop to funk to country to old school R&B. Eddie was able to provide a great assortment and incorporate everything we wanted. He also had great strategies to get people onto the dance floor. I've received SO many compliments since about how it was one of the most fun weddings they've ever attended. Furthermore, our ceremony had great sound and the whole thing went off without a hitch. I worked with Dakota in the planning phase and he was so thorough, responsive and helpful. Most importantly, he provided excellent advice from all years of experience. I would absolutely recommend working with West Coast Wedding DJs!

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

DJ Sota (Dakota) did our wedding for us last weekend and he was just fabulous to work with and a super nice guy. He was one of the 1st vendors that we booked because he had such great Yelp reviews and he was close to the venue (Ventura County) which we thought was super helpful - though he does travel for weddings anyways.

He set up 3 different DJ stations throughout the property (ceremony, cocktail hour and reception) as well as 12 up lights. He was very professional throughout the whole process and quick to get us quotes/information as needed. He also helped us pick a lot of our key songs because we really weren't sure what we wanted. He worked really hard all night to keep the party going and keep people on the dance floor. We had a bit of a smaller wedding - about 83 people - but with his great tunes, we kept it going until midnight! He also made efforts to play songs the older folks would like to get them on the dance floor.

He was just very attentive to our needs and we were nervous about the 1st dance/parent dances so he suggested that we keep them shorter and fade out the music and it worked really well.

He was a great M/C all night as well, talking to the crowd and letting everyone know what was going on. With his help, the wedding could not have been more seamless!

All and all, we really enjoyed working with DJ Sota from West Coast Wedding DJs and would recommend him for anyone's wedding or party in the future.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 7/1/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

DJ Matt was incredible on our wedding day. He was flexible and very willing to adjust to changes we made. He was super friendly and fun. The music he put together was great, he listened to our suggestions, everything was perfect!!

Profile Picture Julia, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dakota absolutely killed it at our wedding! He's the kind of DJ who gets involved in the planning from the beginning, and understands what it takes to execute your vision for the wedding. On the day of, he worked seamlessly with our coordinator to make sure everything happened on schedule and as planned. Of course, the actual DJ'ing was on point too - everybody was dancing until we had to turn the music off!

We especially appreciated him working with us on short notice, and his willingness to drive out for our wedding. He's enthusiastic about his work, and he'll help put you at ease during what is probably a terrible wedding planning process!

Profile Picture Michael, 5/30/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

"DJ Sota is a wonderful and extremely professional DJ. He also officiated our wedding and did a GREAT job. We were so pleased with his sermon and delivery, it was beautifully done. He is great at making song suggestions for people like me who are so indecisive! I had a few last minute changes too and he handled them with no problem at all. My wedding guests and I enjoyed dancing the night away and he made the games we played so much more fun! His playlist was exactly what we talked about in our meeting and I LOVED IT! My husband and I have such different tastes and he made sure to accommodate both of us by playing the perfect mixture of songs. I had also heard a new song that my bridesmaids and I wanted to hear and he went out of his way to make sure he had it and played it for us. That was awesome! I HIGHLY recommend DJ Sota and look forward to having another party so I can hire him again! Thanks for a wonderful experience!! You are awesome!"

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Officiant

DJ Sota was awesome! He was very quick to respond from the very beginning and very professional. He is so helpful to help put together your whole day, the timeline and he's done a lot of weddings so he has great suggestions of how to make things run smoothly and keep your guests entertained! We received several compliments from our guests at how fun the music was. He also did uplighting for us that really added so much to the ambience of the whole night. Along with being an awesome DJ and really listening to what we wanted at our wedding he was a wonderful MC. He didn't steal the show but had an awesome presence and helped everything move along and encouraged our guests to be part of the whole evening! I would definitely recommend DJ Sota to all Bride's out there so you have one less thing to worry about for your big day because he has it handled! One of the best decisions we made!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

DJ Sota rocked it. My husband and I are so incredibly satisfied with the services Dakota provided on our May 1st wedding day.

He was professional in every one of our interactions and very responsive to all of our (many) requests and last-minute changes. He listened to us, provided gentle suggestions when necessary and truly exceeded our expectations.

His non-cheesy MCing and well-designed dance sets made the evening a dream - from the walk down the aisle to the last song! We can't thank him enough.

Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Valerie, 5/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Sota did a fantastic job at our wedding and exceeded our expectations. Everyone had a blast and many people commented on how great the music was! He also provided lighting for us which was lovely!

Profile Picture Alex , 1/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

DJ Sota is amazing!!! DJ Sota helped shape our timeline from ceremony to reception. He was patient and easy to find whenever I have questions here and there. A month prior to the wedding, we were able to go through everything with him face to face. It made us feel like we can completely rely on him. He even went in the venue and went through everything with my venue's project manager. It was such a relieve knowing he's on top of everything.

Profile Picture Shirley, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

My husband and I recently got married and used West Coast Wedding DJs for our reception and we are so glad that we did! Dakota was SO GREAT to work with- not only was he the emcee for our wedding reception- but he also did ALL of our lighting in the ballroom. He helped us create the overall look we wanted in the reception room by adding tons of purple uplights, pin spotting and helped create a custom monogram for us that matched exactly with all of our other décor. We really trusted and valued his opinion on how the lighting would work and it TOTALLY transformed the room into our dream reception room.
He was also an amazing emcee- We had a fun time meeting with him before the wedding to go over song selections for every aspect of the reception and he totally hit the nail on the head with what music to play for the dancing- everyone complimented us after the wedding that he played amazing song selections. He was also great on the mic introducing our extremely large bridal party and getting the other guests excited for the Grand Entrance. It was SO nice not to have to worry about having a crummy DJ at the wedding since music was something that was both very Important to us. We highly highly recommend Dakota and West Coast Wedding DJs!!! Not only will you not be disappointed by their DJ services- but also their lighting packages!

Profile Picture Hillary, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews