DJ Services by Matt Ames Reviews

19 | North Augusta, SC

19 Reviews for DJ Services by Matt Ames

Allie · Married on 10/01/2016

We were very pleased with the service that Matt provided. He was very helpful with the whole process! He made sure that the whole playlist was to us before our wedding so that we could add to or take off songs. He attended the rehearsal to make sure everything ran smoothly - and it did! He did a great job during the whole event! We would definitely recommend his services!

Lauren · Married on 06/20/2015

Matt was very nice and friendly and extremely helpful! We loved working with him and we are so glad that someone told us about him.

Sent on 01/27/2016

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

Thank you very much for your review, Lauren! And thank you, again, for your continued recommendations and support!

Amber · Married on 05/17/2014

Matt was great to work with and very responsive!

Sent on 05/26/2014

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

Thank you for your review, Amber! You were an excellent maid of honor and really took great care of your sister and were awesome to work with over the past several months!

Peach · Married on 05/17/2014

As a photographer, I come in contact with a LOT of DJ's through the wedding circuit. I've worked with Matt twice now, and I must say, he's awesome. He picks the right songs at the right time to get everyone moving on the dance floor, which makes my job taking pictures at the reception a whole lot easier!

Sent on 05/27/2014

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

Thank you for your review, Laura! You and your partners have always been true professionals and great to work with! I was glad to find out you were the photographer for Bonnie and Joel's wedding after working with you for David and Maegan's. The secret to my music selection is working with the bride/groom/wedding party ahead of time to make sure I am playing everything they would like and none of what they don't so each song will be memorable to them. I love your photos, and hopefully we will get to work together again! (Everyone, check out http://www.peach-photo.com for awesomeness!)
  • User3720683 · 2+ years ago

Awesome DJ! More than accommodating for song changes and really makes the reception about the bride and groom. Realizes the reception isn't about him and is such a blessing to have! Would absolutely recommend him!

Sent on 12/06/2013

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future!

Brynna · Married on 05/25/2013

I would highly recommend Matt to anyone looking for a DJ. He was extremely responsive and organized. Any time I needed something or wanted to make a change leading up to our wedding reception, he was quick to respond and make any changes. I wanted to make sure our DJ stuck to a specific playlist so that we were in control of the music and Matt was so good at honoring our wishes and keeping to our playlist. Even though we had worked out a schedule for the reception, we made some changes the night of, and Matt was great at going with the flow and adjusting to the changes. Such a pleasure working with Matt!

Sent on 06/04/2013

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

Thank you, Brynna! And, as I write this, happy one-year anniversary!

Rachel · Married on 12/15/2012

Matt's services were the perfect compliment to our wedding. With so many details and stresses a wedding brings, the music/guest entertainment was the last thing I ever worried about after hiring Matt. He's definitely a natural at what he does, and won't leave you disappointed!

Sent on 10/23/2013

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

Thank you so much, Rachel! It was do great to be there for the start of your journey with Danny, and I LOVE that a year later that journey now has a little one along with you two!

Maegan · Married on 11/17/2012

Matt was so professional, helpful, and flexible throughout our time of working together. He did all he could do ensure the music at our reception was perfect, and it was just that! We got so many compliments on the music, and I was so pleased with Matt's work. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for any sort of event!

Sent on 11/30/2012

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

Maegan, thank you and David so much for letting me be a part of your special day! It was a real pleasure to work with you in putting together a song list and order that best fit your tastes and the flow of your reception! I hope to see you at a future wedding/reception just as I did Zack and Kaitlin at yours! :)

Vickie · Married on 10/30/2012

Matt was by far the best D.J. I have had the pleasure of doing business with. Extremely Professional. My wedding reception was on a weekday and about a 2 hour drive away , there was no hesitation of him being available and on time when I needed him to be. He was prepared and was also ready for any on the spot changes. For any other events that I will have, Matt will be my first choice.

Sent on 11/15/2012

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

Thank you so much for this review, Vickie! It was an honor to be a part of yours and Gerry's reception. I congratulate you both and look forward to future events!

Amanda · Married on 10/13/2012

Matt was a great DJ! He even met with us prior to the wedding to go over song selections and really listened to what we wanted. I would definitely recommend him!!

Sent on 11/02/2012

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

Meeting with you and Keith and putting together music for your reception (and ceremony) was great! I enjoyed working with you both in creating a good experience! Thanks, Amanda!
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/14/2012

MATT WAS AWESOME! Starting with custom creating my playlist with me to the ups and downs and twists and turns of the receptions Matt was extremely accommodating! And that's an understatement!
    The playlist came out perfect! I love that I didn't have to hear any music I didn't want to hear on my wedding day :) That was definitely special. I was in constant contact with Matt via Facebook, email and text even though we were almost a thousand miles away leading up to my wedding!
    During the reception SO many things did not go as I originally planned and I feel like I kept asking Matt to change things in the playlist RIGHT on the spot, and he was able to. Everything went perfectly well even though it wasn't as we originally planned! It was great, everyone had a blast and LOVED the reception.
    You won't be disappointed by choosing Matt Ames as your DJ!!!

Sent on 10/18/2012

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

I absolutely loved working with you, Megan! Your ceremony and reception were both very well put together, and I really wish we could go back and do it all again because it was THAT fun!

Brent · Married on 05/30/2012

Matt is great! Accommodates whatever songs are requested and is great at announcements, too! What a voice!

Sent on 12/07/2013

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

Thank you, Brent! I have enjoyed working with you at various weddings. You are a true professional!

Lauren · Married on 05/25/2012

Matt was such a great DJ at our wedding reception. He had a great list of songs to start us off with and then we were able to add our own favorites. He also did a great job of arranging the songs to go with the flow of the reception. Our friends and family had so much fun dancing the night away. We had a great mix of new and old hits, slow dances, shagging music, etc. Matt also made our introduction very special with an intro song and his personal announcement of the wedding party. We highly recommend Matt for a fun reception!

Sent on 11/01/2012

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

Lauren, thank you so much for this review! I really enjoyed being a part of yours and Adam's reception, and it was fun putting together playlists that best fit the occasion! You two were great to work with, and I wish we could do it all again. Please have anniversary parties every year! Haha

Dianne · Married on 05/25/2012

I would highly recommend Matt Ames. He was our DJ for my daughter's wedding this past May. Matt was very easy to work with, very helpful with song suggestions, and was also open to any of our own suggestions. I was very pleased with him introducing the wedding party and the bride and groom. He is one of best announcers I've heard. He made our reception lots of fun and everybody had fun dancing. His prices are reasonable and he is very dependable. We are very glad we used him. Dianne and John Hammond

Sent on 11/03/2012

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

I love this, Dianne and John! Thank you so much! I hope to be there for future receptions of your kids!

Kaitlin · Married on 06/18/2011

Matt Ames provided the best service possible for our wedding! He has extensive experience working in radio and will exceed your expectations. He was easy to work with and very flexible. We didn't have to worry about anything during the ceremony or during the reception regarding our music and sound. I definitely recommend Matt as a D.J. for anyone's wedding!

Sent on 06/07/2012

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

Your ceremony and reception were beautiful! I loved being able to spend the weekend in Dillard/Clayton, GA and am very thankful to have been such a big part of your special day!

Thea · Married on 05/21/2011

Matt was our wedding reception host and DJ. To say that he did an excellent job is an understatement. He was great at organizing a few meetings prior to our special day in order to have all details worked out before the weekend—this took a huge load of stress off of me. He also allowed us to be very involved in the selection of our music so that we could truly personalize our wedding reception. He was very prompt in arriving on time and the set-up was fantastic! He made all the guests feel welcome, and it gave us the chance to truly enjoy our wedding reception rather than stress about everyone enjoying themselves. If I were to plan my entire wedding again, I would hire Matt Ames again in a heartbeat! He is great!

Sent on 07/18/2012

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

I really appreciate this, Thea! And if you and Jeramy redid your wedding, I would do it again in a heartbeat, too! :)

casey · Married on 06/20/2009

Very good announcer as well! Had everyone laughing and enjoying themselves not only at my wedding but other weddings I've attended. Very easy going and flexible.

Sent on 07/17/2012

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

Thank you for this review, Casey! It was honor to be a part of your day. I'm so glad you picked me to emcee your reception. Appreciate it, friend!

Kim · Married on 05/17/2014

Matt is very easy to work with, quick to respond to any questions or needs, followed our desired plan very well, and provided a wonderful value. He showed up on time and new exactly what to do for the rehearsal and reception with no problem. We were very grateful for his expertise--it was one less thing to worry about on such an important day! The only constructive criticism I would give is that he needs to be a bit more forceful in announcing and guiding the reception so that is doesn't lose its energy. Other than that, it was a job well done!! We certainly enjoyed him and he did a very good job for us!

Sent on 05/26/2014

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Kim! I felt the same way about the announcements that evening. I'll admit at times I was saying things quicker than I could gather my thoughts, and I noticed that show in my tone and presentation. I am glad to hear everyone still had a good time, though. It was a pleasure to work with you. A good wedding day often includes a good mother of the bride, and from our first Skype meeting, I could tell that was you. I also appreciate the warmth and welcoming you showed me the weekend of the wedding. I know you will do well in this role when Amber's time comes, as well!

Very pleased with the DJ. Easy to work with.

Sent on 12/24/2014

DJ Services by Matt Ames's reply:

Thank you very much for your review!