76 Reviews for DJ RollingRick

One Event Per Day (4)
Uplighting (4)
Liability Insurance (2)
72 DJ RollingRick Reviews

DJ RollingRick was one of the highlights of our reception! We were on the dance floor all night with our guests dancing and having a good time. Prior to the wedding, DJ RollingRick was always very professional and very responsive. It was extremely easy to pick out our must play songs, do not play songs, and other special songs in his system. He has a great selection of music and was even able to find some obscure songs we wanted to play. He was really a pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Natallya, 5/19/18, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Rick was an absolute pleasure to work with for our wedding. He is kind, professional, knowledgeable and kept our guests on the dance floor! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Julie, 3/16/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Rick DJ'd our wedding on 10/07/2017. We are so happy that we booked Rick as our wedding DJ. Dancing at weddings is one of my favorite things ever, so the DJ was really important to us for our own wedding. Rick played all of our "must play" songs and did an awesome job choosing additional songs based on the artists/genres that we let him know we and our guests like. He also did a great job with the ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner music, as well as uplighting and dance floor lights that really transformed the space after dinner. The dance floor was packed from the moment it opened and we are still getting compliments about how great the music was and how much fun everyone had dancing. Rick was professional, thorough, responsive, and amazingly positive from our very first meeting. We could not have been happier that we chose Rick as our wedding DJ and we highly, highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Michaela, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Rick was not only an amazing DJ, listening to all of our (often-very-specific) requests, concerns, and questions, but he is also an awesome guy and really fun to work with! He was enthusiastic and got people moving, and did an incredible job balancing the requests people had that night, with a solid mix of music that appealed to guests of all ages. Something that makes him unique from other DJ's (in our eyes) is that while he is confident and enthusiastic, he also comes across as humble and kept everyone's focus on having fun and celebrating our marriage. We couldn't be happier with our choice of DJ!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Alyssa, 8/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Rolling Rick did an amazing job for our wedding. He had kept people on their feet all night with great music selections and how he put the playlist together to keep the night going. All the guests had a great time thanks to him. He also help us pull together some music selections for cake cutting, ceremony, etc so the evening would go seamlessly.

Kara and I are extremely happy with our selection to use him as the DJ for our wedding. We wanted to make sure everybody had a great time which he did.

Profile Picture Robert, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Professional, Professional, Professional. When I first called Rick and had a short interview with him, I was impressed with his quick response and availability to answer any of my questions, and offer assistance to those details of which I had not even thought. He was very easy to talk to and was eager to comply to any song requests either from myself or my guests. When we had our first meeting, Rick helped us with the order of the evening events and never forgot or left anything out that we discussed. If you are looking for a D.J. not only do I give Rick Colburn a 5 star rating for quality of service, knowledge of music and being the ultimate gentleman, I would suggest to anyone to not even shop around. He is indeed in my opinion the best in the industry.

Neil and Amy Friedman

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Neil and Amy, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot tell you how happy my husband and I are that we hired Rick for our ceremony and reception on 9/17/16. He is a true professional. The music was timed perfectly for the ceremony and the music at the reception was fabulous. We gave Rick some very broad guidelines for the music and asked him to run with it; he did a great job, somehow getting people to dance (and they are NOT the dancing crowd). If you are looking for someone to also accommodate your super specific requests as well, Rick has an amazing website that you can pick and choose all of your songs,

We could not be happier with Rick. He was amazing in every way. Thank you for making our day the best day ever!

Profile Picture Jen, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We loved Rick from the first time we met with him! He was very friendly and professional, and had an excellent pitch for his services, including a slideshow on his iPad! We immediately felt comfortable with him, and really loved getting his effusively joyful emails throughout the process, checking in on us, and reminding us to get him specifics songs, and the order of events for the day, etc. Rick had an excellent understanding of our venue, and knew the type of feel we wanted for our music and MC, and fit that perfectly. He was more than willing to be upbeat, chill, whatever we wanted whenever we wanted it. For our first dance song, we requested an edited version of a song, and he clipped it perfectly and the guests loved it! Because our wedding was in the early afternoon, we were a little concerned that people wouldn't be dancing much, but Rick brought everyone out with a Motown set early on and kept the guests dancing through the end.

All in all, Rick was an excellent support during our wedding (and before). Many guests commented about how great the music was (and we only picked a few of the songs) and how nice of a job he did with introductions, transitions, and the send-off. We totally lucked out finding Rick among all the options for wedding DJs, and hopefully this review will convince you, dear reader, to email Rick and hire him as your DJ as well!

Profile Picture Erik, 5/29/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We just booked Rick and I am so excited!! He was very professional and prompt at our meeting. His website is user friendly and there is so much that I can do right there!! And to top it off, he is super reasonable in price! Can't wait for our wedding so I can review his great performance!!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Keep the dancing going all night! We opted for DJ Rolling Rick to pick the playlist for us and just keep the party going. The music was perfect, a little something for everyone and the dance floor was always full.

Profile Picture Joshua, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Rolling Rick went above and beyond our expectations! He is friendly, courteous, responsive, and professional. He met , emailed, and talked with my husband and I on many occasions to make sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted (which it was). He found the most wonderful version of "Landslide" for my Father-Daughter dance, professionally cut the song my husband used for his Mother-Son dance, provided ceremony music, and the most wonderful entertainment and lighting for our reception. Our guests continue to rave about Rick, and the "best dance party" they ever had. We all loved/love Rick!!! I certainly hope that I have another occasion in which we require his services. As a bride, he made the process so stress-free. Plus, he's just a great person!

Profile Picture Sigourney, 4/23/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

At a hectic time when you really need someone who will put everything into making your special day exactly as you want, Rick steps up and does a superb job with a positive personality and a smile that will put you at ease. He's an excellent DJ, who is professional, polite, and easy to work with.
Rick met and exceeded our expectations. I'm so happy we chose him.

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Rolling Rick was awesome. He carefully planned with us with his super-duper software both the timing and the events. We chose to have the dollar dance which seems to be a NEPA polish tradition, and even though Rick was not familiar with the tradition, he took the time to do some research on the tradition and how to make it just right for us. He also included questions for the shoe game without our help so that we would be surprised. Another special touch was an old song, that was not available in his extensive library - we were so pleased that Rick was able to get the song in the version we requested in memory of my grandmother.

We also took advantage of the uplighting, which really dressed up our room. He made our wedding reception really special.

Rick was more than just a DJ, he was an artist, with his ability to fade in and out of songs and his beautiful decor set up with the uplighting, and he was a phenomenal MC.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Flowers

Rick was absolutely wonderful to work with. He was constantly looking out for us from our first meeting when I forgot my phone and he helped me find it, to the very last song at our wedding which was perfect. He was flexible working with our somewhat unique song selections for both the ceremony and the dancing later. Throughout the process he was cheerful and enthusiastic. Whether it was pronouncing everyone's names correctly or keeping the timing of our wedding flowing effortlessly, Rick did a great job.

Profile Picture User4899749, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I absolutely loved having Rolling Rick as our DJ! While having our initial meeting, Rick was extremely kind, helpful and patient, and clearly made our satisfaction his priority. He really listened to our preferences and suggestions for music, and made our wedding so much fun for all of our guests. We were very impressed by Rick's ability to select songs that got ALL of our guests moving on the dance floor! It was an amazing wedding reception and we have Rolling Rick to thank!

Profile Picture Abigail, 8/23/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I were planning our wedding in Boston from our home in NYC, and couldn't have been happier with DJ RollingRick. We met Rick only once in the early stages of planning, but the online event planning site helped us identify songs we wanted to hear (and more crucially, songs we definitely did not) and made the entire thing very easy to manage, while Rick was very quick to respond to any questions we had along the way. The week before our wedding, we had a full run through on the phone to make sure everything was in place, Rick was meticulous and enthusiastic.

Rick's performance at the wedding was exactly what we'd hoped for, the dance floor was never empty, introductions and speeches were handled very well, everyone had an incredible time.

Profile Picture Robert, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I would highly recommend DJ RollingRick for weddings and any other events. None of our other wedding vendors surpassed DJ RollingRick in professionalism, responsiveness, or helpfulness. He is an experienced DJ that provides first-rate customer service. He was perfectly accommodating in tailoring the soundtrack and delivery style to our tastes, and also provided helpful guidance in preparation for our event and improvisation on the day of the event where needed. Many of our guests remarked about how much they enjoyed our DJ's performance. Rick takes a great deal of pride in his profession and invests himself in the experience of his clients. His passion for music and skills as a DJ are reflected in his work. I give him my highest endorsement.

Profile Picture User5230776, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were introduced to Rick by Marcia Goodwin at Stonehurst: The Robert Treat Paine Estate in Waltham. I am so gald I trusted her judgement and went with Rick. Rick was AMAZING. He played every song that we requested (popular and not-so popular). I loved his positive energy and attitude. He was extremely flexible with our last minute changes. I requested to play only happy dance songs and my husband asked for John Legend's "All of Me". He managed to make both of us happy by turning it to a dance song.
Thank you Rick for making our day extra special. :)

Profile Picture Baharan, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Rolling Rick was great! He came several hours early to set up. He was great about taking requests. He really made sure that our guests were enjoying themselves. Our guests had such a great time.

Sean and Cindy

Profile Picture Sean, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Rolling Rick was a joy to work with. He was able to accommodate all of our music requests as well as three separate music stations for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He rotated music accordingly which helped get our guests out on the dance floor. DJ Rolling Rick was very helpful to us when we were planning specific songs for cake cutting, first dances, etc. His personality and energy was top notch. I would highly recommend DJ Rolling Rick for your event.

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/6/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Rick is a fantastic choice to be your DJ. He kept our guests dancing all night long and he played every song we wanted. Not only is he a great DJ, but Rick's pricing is a great deal. Given the quality of his work, he could charge a lot more for his services. We were very happy we listened to our photographer who recommended Rick to us. I would highly recommend Rick to anyone planning an event.

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 4/24/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Rick did a phenomenal job with the music and lighting for our wedding!! Everyone had a great time, young and old, and the dance floor was never empty. Rick helped us pick out music and personalize our ceremony, and his suggestions based on his experience were PERFECT. We cannot recommend Rick enough!

Profile Picture Samantha, 11/9/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I loved the time Rick took with me to go over music selection for every stage of the wedding! Very pleased with Ricks services!?

Profile Picture Yvonne, 11/2/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Rolling Rick has been helpful since the minute we met him. Rick was helpful at selecting songs and explaining how the process worked. He always responded quickly to any questions we had and always offered extra help if we needed it. On the day of the wedding he arrived early to make sure he had time to set up all his equipment and be ready for our special day. When selecting songs during the night he observed the crowd and picked songs they were interested in. Rick kept the dance floor busy all night long. Overall he did a great job from start to finish and would recommend him for anyone's wedding!

Profile Picture Steve, 10/18/14, 1 Review