52 Reviews for Paul Michaels Events

Liability Insurance (5)
Sound/PA System (5)
One Event Per Day (4)
Projector (1)

I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was to work with Paul Michaels Events as my wedding DJ and photo booth. From the start Paul provided excellent and attentive service. He is extremely knowledgeable about the wedding world and has tremendously helpful insight. He was able to answer any an all questions we had without any hesitations. The online tools provided are wonderful to help nail down the details and made the planning process painless. Additionally, he was very reassuring through out the entire process and ultimately provided an excellent wedding day experience. He and his assistant were timely, kept us on track, played all of our requested songs and kept the party moving. After the wedding I had several people tell me he was one of the best wedding DJ's they had ever seen. 10 / 10 I would recommend his company for your event.

Profile Picture KATIE, 4/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Paul Michael Events was a clear and easy choice for us when it came to picking our DJ. The first time we met with Paul Michael, he really listened and understood what our vision was for the night of our wedding reception. He was well organized, proactive, personable, and not pushy. He had a lot of experience and helped us with some of the details we had not thought about. We did not have a wedding coordinator and ultimately decided to go with Paul Michael Events as they acted as both a coordinator and a DJ.

The night of the wedding, the flow of music was perfect and they kept everyone on the dance floor. They really helped make our night special. We highly recommend Paul Michael Events!

Profile Picture Holly, 2/24/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

DJ Paul was amazing. He really took charge and helped us with a lot of things, not just music and photo booth issues. He was very professional and communicated with us well. We love having him at our wedding!

Profile Picture Bryan, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

From day one Paul was supportive throughout the process. He did multiple check ins around your schedule and helped the ease the stress in any way he could. He has resources available if you need them, such as a place to rent a dance floor from, or possible photographers you can hire. Come the day of the wedding he did not disappoint. Weeks later, our families are still talking about the music from the reception and how much fun they had dancing. From the time the dancing started until the end of the night our dance floor was booming the whole time.

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

If I could give more stars I would! I attended a wedding where Paul was the DJ 3 years ago, he was nothing short or awesome! Everything you would want a DJ to be, from mixing music to being the MC on dances to teach people so they do not feel left out. When we were searching for DJ's I asked my Fiance(Wife) to meet Paul, he was so professional and courteous towards her that I knew he would do anything to make sure it was the day she dreamed of.

I knew about Paul's music ability, but what really makes him worth every penny is his organizational skills. His website is easy to use for music choices and organizing, and he his very accommodating to what you want. He delivered on all the hype I promised and then some, even to the point where he said he was ahead of schedule (for this time sensitive OCD person) he made me feel relaxed. The dance floor was never empty, and the only thing I would change is to hire him for longer.

Most importantly he is a genuine person who cares about your special day. I feel that he wants to make sure its perfect and that is what drives him. If you give him the chance, you will not be disappointed.

P.S. If you hire Paul, please invite my wife and myself, we know it will be an awesome party!

Profile Picture Gary, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

If you’re looking for a wedding or event DJ in Chicago or the suburbs, stop your search with Paul Michaels Events. Paul was our wedding DJ in June 2017 and we are beyond thrilled with everything he did to make our day the most memorable, fun and easy.

Here are 5 reasons why we loved working with Paul, and why you should hire him for your wedding or event!

1. From the moment we first spoke, Paul was professional, organized and communicated with us throughout our engagement. We always felt like we were an important client and that he understood what kind of music and vibe we wanted at our wedding.
2. He kept our dance floor packed! We had access to our playlist (Must Play, Maybe Play and Do Not Play), which was helpful as we planned our event. He made suggestions, and the result was the best dance party we could have hoped for!
3. As someone who has planned several events, I felt confident in my ability to keep everything organized and managed, but I couldn’t have done it that day without Paul. He went above and beyond to communicate with my other vendors in advance, managed the evening’s timeline, and kept in close communication with my groom and I throughout the night.
4. He took photos of us on the dance floor! In addition to all the wonderful photos and video I have from my other professional vendors, Paul snapped several shots of the dance floor and the very end of the night. We otherwise wouldn’t have had these memories, so this was a wonderful surprise!
5. He has a wide offering of services. We only used him for DJ services, but you can book Paul and his team for up-lighting, fog effects, photo booths and more. He has a ton of experience as well as connections in the industry (thanks for the last-minute transportation reco!).

Paul rocks, book him today!

Profile Picture Victoria, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Highly recommend DJ Paul Michaels! He has been the DJ for two of my family members prior to our wedding and did a fabulous job! As soon as we got engaged, we already knew we needed him to be our DJ. We had a very intercultural wedding (Mexican and Lithuanian) which needed a combination of Spanish, Lithuanian, and English music. DJ Paul Michaels did an awesome job by incorporating all of the music. Our guests really enjoyed themselves, we got multiple compliments, and our dance floor was always filled!!

Profile Picture Erica, 6/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

I recently worked with DJ Paul Michaels for my wedding in March and his service was phenomenal! DJ Paul Michaels was absolutely fantastic to work with!!! He is very detail oriented and wants to ensure your wedding day goes perfectly! His level of quality standards is benchmark in the industry and the proof will be the amount of people on the dance floor. He is also very accommodating to your wedding needs and goes through every step of the planning process.

For those of you who are having Indian weddings, have no fear! My wedding ceremony/reception was Indian and it was executed flawlessly!

Profile Picture nikita, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

DJ Paul Michaels is a DJ that I still don't believe is real. He is surely a mythical beast that has ventured into our reality with the sole purpose of being an amazing DJ. Couldn't ask for a more professional, timely, flexible purveyor of fine music. Beware of booking him for weddings though, because he's a handsome devil and might steal your girl. ;)

Profile Picture Levi, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

DJ Paul worked our wedding on October 14th, 2016. His professionalism and organization are unparalleled. He met with us multiple times to ensure that every finite detail was intimately planned. Additionally, he met with the venue to ensure that his set up, tear down, and event execution would be flawless.

His diligence and professionalism truly put us at ease. We had full confidence in him.

Paul had his finger on the pulse of the crowd the entire event. Despite the fact the crowd had eclectic tastes in music, Paul made sure the dance floor was filled to capacity. He really knew how to work the crowd. I personally appreciated how he staggered the speeches with the dinner courses so there wouldn’t be any speech-fatigue. Paul’s timing was on-point.

He helped make our day truly special, and we are forever thankful. To say that we strongly recommend Paul would be an understatement of epic proportions. If you’re going to choose a DJ for your wedding, your search begins and ends with DJ Paul. His professionalism, quality, diligence, responsiveness and flexibility are unrivaled.

~Justin and Alissa

Profile Picture Alissa, 10/14/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Worth every penny! Very detail oriented and contacts other vendors to make sure everything is set up so the bride and groom are stress-free on the wedding day. Very knowledgable with a variety of songs and kept all the guests dancing throughout the night! Our name in lights was phenomenal, a great add-on for sure. It was a pleasure doing business with Paul and his assistant Justin. If we ever need a DJ in the future, there is no doubt that we would contact Paul again!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Paul goes above and beyond to make sure your wedding is special. All the guests were impressed that he considered their song suggestions and not just the couples (which he would approve with the us if it seemed a little strange) He taught popular dances (The Wobble) to an overflowing dance floor. Book him! You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Katrina, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Paul was fantastic in every way. He is highly organized and easy to work with leading up to the wedding. He met with us and helped us create exactly what we wanted. Paul assisted us with up lighting, a video slideshow, music and much more. Paul's easy to use web based portal page enables you to add any songs to your playlist at any point leading up to your big day as well as any songs you dont want. It also allows you to plan out your day and enables you to tell the DJ exactly what you want announced etc. You will not be disappointed if you book Paul. Very enthusiastic and easy to work with. I would definitely recommend him.

Profile Picture User6994366, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Booking Paul for our wedding was a no-brainer! He is very personable and easy to get ahold of with all your wedding questions! I was a picky bride about the music and worried about my 80 and 90 year old family members having a good time as well as our 20 and 30 year old friends- Paul had the whole wedding dancing all night! Book him, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Adrienne, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Paul was a great partner for our wedding. I say partner because he went above and beyond the normal DJ responsibilities while helping us plan our event! His advice and wedding expertise really helped us plan an incredible guest experience, which was very important to us! His software is easy to use, but sophisticated, and Paul was easy to schedule meetings with either in person or on Google Hangouts. Paul also offers fair pricing and a lot of fun extras. We had him provide our uplighting, which totally transformed the event space during dancing and helped make it a great party! Our guests never left the dance floor once it opened and it was hard to get everyone to leave at the end of the night; it just shows how much fun everyone had during the reception! Anyone looking for a DJ in the Chicagoland area should look no further!

Profile Picture Leah, 5/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, One Event Per Day

DJ Paul is awesome! He's great to work with, has lots of options, very accommodating to meet us anywhere, very organized, knew our venue so he could help us plan, and has an amazing website that lets you sample music to help you decide what to use. His website can also be used to put together a timeline for the big day. Everything was perfect at our reception and our friends are still talking about how great the music was and how much fun they had! I've been to many weddings and Paul helped this become the best one I've been to. And I'm not just saying that because it was mine!

Profile Picture Doug, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Paul was great to work with!!! He was very accommodating for my busy schedule, and always made me feel like my day was as important to him as it was to me!!! Jimmy did an amazing job on the day of, and we have gotten a ton of complements on how fun our reception was. Thanks to DJ Paul Michaels for a job well done!

Profile Picture Allison, 4/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We we're referred to Paul through a friend, and loved his style. Awesome selection, and great quality speakers! We were sold before booking. Our reception went off without a hitch, couldn't have been more happy with the professionalism. I received a thank you email from our photographer who said that Paul was one of the best DJs he has worked with in a while because he let them know about when we would cut our cake and do our first dance, etc. I didn't even think about that! Glad we went with Paul!

Profile Picture Nicole, 3/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Paul did an amazing job at my son's wedding. Everybody complimented the reception and music after all was said and done. I would completely recommend Paul and his services to anyone who is looking for a professional "fun" DJ. We can't say thank you enough !!!

Profile Picture Angie, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We heard of DJ Paul through a friend of his that he went to school with. At the first meeting I could tell he was very thorough and took his job seriously. Every detail was needed and his goal was to help make our wedding perfect. His online system worked out really well, gave lots of suggestions for when we got hung up on finding a song, and made it easy to work on over time at home at our pace rather then try and hash it all out at once in one meeting. What I really liked was that he was all about the bride, whatever she wanted was what she would get, not that he ignored the groom or everyone else, but knows the wedding was to be the most important day of her life and wanted it to be as such. My wife's goal was to have the dance floor packed all night and not to let the party die out, and he succeeded over and above. In addition to music, he also brought up-lighting which tied our big room together so that it all felt like a party not just the dance floor, the projector and spot lighting for the dance floor, and what my wife really liked was his dancing on the clouds effect. For our first dance he had this fog machine that filled up the dance floor with fog making it look like we were literally dancing on clouds, awesome; none of the guests knew about it before hand and was definitely a highlight for everyone. So to those out there looking for a cheap dj with speakers that can play the normal top 40 songs, DJ Paul is not for you, he is a professional offering a service, and one must pay for professional service.

Profile Picture User6006583, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Excellent DJ, many good ideas, Paul knows how weddings work, and what is /is not needed. Asked many questions at initial get together which did not make sense at first, but after explaining, realized these were necessary questions that we would not have thought of. This guy is good.

Profile Picture Jay, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

From start to finish, Paul was amazing! I first spoke to him on the phone, & by the end of the call I knew we had found our DJ. At our first meeting he brought up a lot of points that we hadn't even considered which we greatly appreciated. He offered so many great additions to customize our wedding, most of which we used. He responded quickly to our questions and really made sure our day was unique to my husband and I. He really knows what he's doing. We still, a month later are getting comments about our wedding being one of the best and most fun. Paul is the reason for that, you seriously can't get any better.

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/17/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Uplighting, MC, One Event Per Day

We first met DJ Paul at another family members wedding in July 2014. As the night went on, we were in awe at how hard and focused he was on making the couples day special and just perfect. We knew right then that we wanted to book him for our wedding, even though we had not yet set a date! At our first meeting, we knew that we had made the right decision. We had lots of ideas and he was able to take them all and help us plan out our special day. As we finally set our date in October 2015, we had the pleasure of working with Paul for about a year and a half. He was so responsive to text, email and calls.

As the wedding day came, we did not have to worry about a single detail. DJ Paul performed our Outdoor Ceremony music as well as our Reception Music and up-lighting. The dance floor was packed all night long, Paul as able to play off of the crowd, he knew what to play out of our playlist and requested songs to get our guest out on the dance floor. The up-lighting was awesome, it started with purple and changed throughout the night.

We highly recommend DJ Paul and his staff to anyone who is looking for a great DJ. We were so happy with our choice!

Profile Picture Justin & Ashleigh , 10/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

Paul was very easy to work with and an excellent DJ for our wedding! He was always available via a phone call, email or even a text whenever we needed anything from him and we had absolutely no concerns or problems with using Paul as our DJ. He even offers a bunch of extra lighting, sound, and visual effect features to help make your wedding day truly one of a kind and what you've always dreamed of. At one point during our reception, he even got on the dance floor and showed all of our guests how to do the 'Wobble' so everyone could join in! Highly recommended DJ!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Do-Not-Play List

Dj Paul Michaels was amazing! He is organized, attentive, and has the latest technology. Our uplighting was beautiful and the music was exactly what we wanted. He helped us plan or timeline, gave us tons of suggestions on everything from music to games to when to cut the cake, and kept us and our guests dancing all night. We highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Krystle, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews