DJ on the Side Entertainment Reviews

112 Reviews for DJ on the Side Entertainment

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Danielle · Married on 10/20/2018

Great! Very flexable and friendly

Would highly reccomend dj on the side! Chris went out of his way to make our day perfect!

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 10/07/2017

Chris is amazing to work with and makes the whole wedding planning process a breeze. With his website, choosing songs is so easy. He even created a timeline for the reception for us so we didn't have to worry about it. He kept the guests dancing and having fun the whole evening! Definitely a good choice!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Caitlin · Married on 10/15/2016

Chris made the whole process of selecting music for our day a breeze. We were able to pick exactly what music we wanted played, and Chris held to this list. He was extremely professional and thorough, making sure he got the names of the bridal party exact, and playing the right music at the right time. From start to finish, Chris did exactly what we wanted, and absolutely nothing we did not. It was an absolute pleasure to have him as a part of our special day.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Liz · Married on 06/11/2016

Loved working with Chris from DJ on the Side for my June 2016 wedding! Ahead of my wedding day, we had a few calls and a meeting to discuss the timeline, music, and atmosphere for the wedding and he was very responsive and helpful. Behind the scenes, he helped my family coordinate a few surprise dances and I greatly appreciated his advice about what music would get people up and dancing. On the day of my wedding, he seamlessly coordinated ceremony and reception music and had everyone on the dance floor for the whole reception. After the wedding, I've heard from so many of my guests that our DJ was amazing - highly recommend DJ on the Side!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Chris Philips recently deejayed our wedding and reception- he did a great job! Our guests ranged in ages from 30 to 90, so finding middle ground with music for that group was probably tough... but he did it! People were out on the dance floor all night!

Chris worked with us from the beginning in helping to create our special day- he created an online forum for us to edit our play list, a 'do not play list', specific songs for dances list, etc. On the website, there are also lists that you look at for ideas- the "most popular" song lists (which we found to be helpful!).

Literally, several days before the wedding, we made another song change, and Chris was on it. I was worried that with all of our emails and conversations back and forth (indecisiveness on our part about songs!), that surely, one of the wrong songs would get played....but it didn't!!

Chris was able to keep the night moving- he had everything perfectly timed out so the guests never got bored. We used Chris' recommendations for the 'order of operations' for the night- and it worked great. He obviously in VERY experienced and knows how to best organize the evening.

Sent on 11/04/2015

Chris Phillips was hands down one of the easiest vendors to work with on our big day, words cannot express how happy we were with his service, overall presence and how great of a guy he is. From the start, Chris worked with my fiance and I to fit within our budget and to make our special day everything we envisioned. A couple days before the wedding, he met us close to where we live for a run-down of the day. He asked all the right questions, LISTENED to what we liked, disliked and made sure he covered all the things we never even thought about. I didn't want an over-the-top, cheesy DJ - Chris was definitely not either of those things, he was everything we wanted in a DJ. His music selection was awesome, he guided the ceremony, reception and everything in-between flawlessly. Also, the lighting was ON POINT! It was exactly what we wanted and it looked magical at the Half Moone. THANK YOU, Chris - We would recommend you to anyone, keep doing what you're doing and we are so happy you were apart of our big day!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Brittany · Married on 08/22/2015

We are so happy we chose Chris to DJ our wedding! He was so easygoing and nice throughout the whole process. My husband was unable to help with a lot of the wedding planning so he was very happy with the user-friendly website to add songs we wanted played at the wedding. The website was so organized and easy to add information for the whole reception (and ceremony). There was one or two songs that we were unable to find on his song list and he responded to my e-mail almost immediately and added those songs for us. As for our ceremony and reception Chris did an amazing job! The ceremony music was perfect and He had everyone dancing on the floor within minutes of the reception and we had a packed dance floor the entire night! Thanks so much for all of your amazing work, Chris!!!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Remy · Married on 08/01/2015

Chris did a phenomenal job Dj'ing our wedding! He is very professional but knows how to get everyone up and dancing! My husband and I loved working with him and he even made us our own song mix for a fun dance that we choreographed. He is extremely talented and can make everyone at your wedding happy and entertained. We were beyond thrilled with DJ on the Side :)

Sent on 08/22/2015

Allie · Married on 07/25/2015

Chris was our DJ and he was absolutely PHENOMENAL! We interviewed a bunch of DJs before we found Chris, but once we spoke with him, we knew immediately we wanted him to MC our wedding. He proved to be a great choice! He provided the perfect balance of announcements and music. He encouraged people to get on the dance floor without being over-the-top. He led our entire wedding based on the timeline we provided and he was able to adjust when needed, working extremely well with all our vendors. We didn't have to think about a thing on the day of our wedding, and we didn't even have a wedding planner! We chatted via phone and email a few times before the wedding and his planning website was very easy to use. We would recommend his DJ services to anyone! We wish we could rate more than 5 stars! He has a great, positive personality to boot. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! Go with DJ On the Side!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Chris was absolutely wonderful to work with. I knew upon meeting him for the first time that I wanted him to be my DJ. He was very easy to get along with, laid back and just wanted to make sure you were happy and everything turned out how you wanted it. He quickly responded to any emails I sent him. I loved the fact that he met with me and my parents before the wedding to go over all the details to ensure everything was correct and to work out any details. At the wedding he made sure the atmosphere always stayed upbeat and fun and he also made sure that the music was never too loud. Everyone loved his DJ skills and had a great time! I'll definitely recommend him to others!

Sent on 06/17/2015

We had Chris Phillips as our DJ from DJ on the Side and he did an absolute amazing job!! We loved the music played and he did perfect with any announcements we needed and with keeping the party going. Three days before our wedding I found out that the harpist that we had contracted to do our ceremony "misplaced" our contract and was not going to be able to perform our ceremony due to a scheduling conflict. I called Chris and right away he told me not to worry or stress, that he could cover us no problem. He instantly took away all of the stress that had come over me upon finding out about the harpist. I will forever be grateful to him for that. I would highly recommend DJ on the Side for any party or reception, they will no doubt do an awesome job!

Sent on 05/15/2015

Nina · Married on 11/29/2014

Chris was our do on the wedding. He is very professional. He did a great job entertaining our guests. Everything was on schedule. We were not worried a bit about the music)
    Thank you, Chris!

Sent on 12/14/2014

Sarah · Married on 10/25/2014

DJ on the Side was recommended to me from a friend who had a wonderful experience with them! Chris (owner) was incredibly responsive throughout the entire process. Their website is so easy to use! I was able to just go in and add songs when I thought about it or when I had time. I met with my DJ, Mike Liggins, the week of the wedding to finalize the details and review the timeline for the day. Mike was a true professional and alleviated all my concerns. He also worked with one of our speech givers to coordinate accompanying music for his speech (which was hilarious and perfectly timed!). He played outstanding music during the cocktail hour and dinner. Once it was time to get the party started, Mike played an awesome mix of music that resulted in all of our guests dancing at some point throughout the night! He and his wife were an outstanding team and they were just lovely to work with. I have already recommended them to others and will continue to do so! Thank you to the DJ on the side team for a wonderful experience!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Samantha · Married on 10/25/2014

Chris is hands down the BEST dj out there. I spoke with a few different djs before finding DJ on the Side Entertainment and after the first time I spoke with Chris, I knew he was going to be great! We had an interfaith Jewish/Christian wedding and told Chris we wanted everyone on the dance floor the entire time. He did just that and more! Chris was very familiar with the Jewish traditions and helped our wedding reception flow very smoothly. Chris also has the BEST stage voice and helped us ensure we played music for all ages, but still kept everyone dancing! I would highly recommend Chris to everyone. If you hire Chris as your dj it will be one less thing you have to worry about :)

Sent on 11/07/2014

My husband and I used Ed McAndrews for our wedding reception last October and he did a great job! He kept the crowd engaged and dancing all night, but didn't steal the show. He was very communicative and friendly during the whole process.

Sent on 07/15/2015
  • F

Ayana · Married on 08/16/2014

Chris from DJ on the Side provided wonderful entertainment for our August 2014 wedding. We met with Chris in person and by phone multiple times before the wedding. He took his time to understand exactly what type of atmosphere we wanted and it was perfect. All of our guests said that we had the best DJ they've ever heard. They loved how it appealed to everyone. The rave reviews have been non-stop and we have Chris to thank. I couldn't have been more pleased with his professionalism, flexibility, and responsiveness.

Sent on 12/06/2014

Katy · Married on 02/14/2014

I'm so impressed with their service!!! He kept my friends and family on the dance floor the entire night. The mix of music was perfect for the crowd and I couldn't be more happy with how everything turned out!

Sent on 03/27/2014

DJ on the Side Entertainment's reply:

Hi Katie. Thank you for the kind words. It was great working with you.

Chris

From our first conversation with Ryan, we knew that we were in good hands. Everything in dealing with DJ On the Side was made easy (online payment, online planning forms--song requests, timelines, etc) from an administrative standpoint, but Ryan went above and beyond. We Skyped with Ryan a few weeks before our wedding, because we don't live in the area, and he went over everything from start to finish and then back again to make sure he had everything right (including asking for pronunciations of all the names, etc). We could not have felt more at ease. And, the night of the wedding--well, let's just say it was a dance party for the ages. We felt comfortable that Ryan understood what "vibe" we were going for during the reception, when we described it to him before the wedding, but he blew us (and all of our guests) away. He kept it simple and straightforward (per our request) and kept everyone (old & young) on the dance floor for hours! I've been to weddings with sub-par DJ's and I know that they are worth their weight in gold, so do not hesitate for one second in booking Ryan at DJ on the Side.

Sent on 11/19/2013

I didn't realize how important a good DJ was until we started working with DJ on the Side (specifically Ryan). He was wonderful to work with. We were working long distance with him but he was more that flexible in setting up times to meet over Skype and work out our wedding details. He put together a timeline for us and kept everything flowing on the day of the wedding. We used him for our ceremony and reception and couldn't have asked for things to have gone better. He was professional, fun and had the perfect level of involvement in the evening.

Sent on 07/16/2013

elizabeth · Married on 04/27/2013

Ryan was great to work with, from beginning to end! All of my guests raved about the music and lighting!

Sent on 05/20/2013

music and entertainment were amazing for our wedding

Sent on 06/07/2013

Madeline · Married on 04/20/2013

Chris from DJ on the Side was truly amazing to work with. He was so flexible and very easy to communicate with and make suggestions/ changes to. My husband and I got along really well with him and really enjoyed him on a personal level through our meetings and we knew he'd fit in well with our crowd. I can't even tell you how many people have complimented our music since getting back from the honeymoon. Everyone was so impressed by the DJ and how professional he was and how much of a PARTY it was. They were very happy that the music was spread over such wide generations that everyone would enjoy. Chris could really read our crowd and kept everyone on the dance floor all night!

Sent on 05/01/2013

DJ on the Side Entertainment's reply:

Madeline,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I knew from the first time we met that your party was going to be a great time! It was my pleasure getting to know both of you not only on the vendor level, but also talking about softball, schools, etc. I wish you and Alex all the best! Remember, we work in DC too :)

Sandt · Married on 04/20/2013

We picked Dj on the Side because of reviews online. From my initial meeting with Chris until Ryan played the last song it was easy and perfect. Everyone commented on how great my music choices were!! Made me look like a music genius! ( I left most of it to Ryan) Thanks for making our wedding such a success!!

Sent on 05/20/2013

Amie · Married on 04/13/2013

Ryan was an amazing DJ for us and made our wedding so much fun! He was easy to talk to and provided excellent professionalism!

Sent on 05/14/2013

Ryan was a perfect addition to our wedding. He made it so fun and kept us dancing! Our friends even bought an extra hour!

Sent on 05/14/2013