DJ Mike Janedy Reviews

88 | Somerville, MA

88 Reviews for DJ Mike Janedy

Tina · Married on 04/08/2017

Mike did a fantastic job dj-ing our wedding! His website and online forms made planning very easy. He was very flexible in meeting time and location, and has a great personality. He did a fantastic job at keeping people on the dance floor with upbeat tunes, and was respectful of our no play list. We had a blast!

Sent on 05/19/2017

Natasha · Married on 10/08/2016

Mike was wonderful. He came to our house for an initial meeting as well as a final meeting to discuss the music as well as the ceremony and order of events. Mike did the music for the whole day. Some of the music that we requested for cocktail hour was music he had to get but was great about making sure it was played and many guests complemented on the playlist. The ceremony was great as he provided us with different songs throughout each section and provided mics for the JP and speakers. People couldn't stay off the dance floor we even had Nana dancing all night.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Kristina · Married on 07/16/2016

Mike Janedy did our Photo Booth as well as our uplighting. He was incredible to work with. He was fast to respond and made sure that everything was going to be just the way we wanted it- the perfect color for uplighting, the photo booth strip looking just so! His staff on the day of the wedding was wonderful and attentive. The Photo Booth was so, so busy because he has the best props. We even received a flash drive and a scrapbook of all of the photos (so fun to look through). Mike comes highly recommended for both of these services and I am sure he is an awesome DJ as well!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Jennifer & Christopher · Married on 06/24/2016

Mike Janedy was the DJ at my wedding on June 24th, 2016 at the Lakeview Pavilion & I must say he was AMAZING! My guests were on the dance floor before dinner was served and continued to stay on the dance floor the entire night! The owners of the Lakeview had reached out after our wedding saying how fun our group was and that they couldn't believe how many people stayed on the dance floor through out the whole night.

I had researched a few DJ's before my wedding because they are such an important part of that night. Then my sisters boyfriend referred Mike to us & after that, everything went smoothly. He came directly to my house for our first meeting, which was very convenient, & after going over everything my whole family loved him & we knew we needed to use him for the wedding. Mike is very experienced and confident when it comes to weddings, which made my planning a lot less stressful. I knew the music was one thing I did not have to worry about. A few weeks before the wedding he came over for our final meeting & we went over the DJ timeline. Again, he was extremely organized & confident with every detail of the night.

We also use his photo booth service & the pictures came out awesome. It was a huge hit with the variety of props & the picture quality was great. At the end of the night we got a photo album of everyone's pictures & Mike also gave us a flash drive of all the photos that I could upload onto my computer. Everyone had so much fun with it, I would definitely recommend this service.

If you are looking for a fun & reliable DJ, Mike Janedy is the person to go to! From beginning to end, he was on point & made our reception so much fun:-)

Sent on 07/09/2016

John · Married on 06/18/2016

Mike j has been in the DJ business for the past 35 plus years, as I worked with him on a couple of events back in the early 1980's. Today, with his years of experience and professional talents, he is truly outstanding as noted in my highest rating of his services. At my daughter's wedding two weeks ago, everything was perfect in large part to Mike's planning with me in all aspects of the entertainment for the wedding. I received several compliments after the wedding from guests who were truly impressed with quality of the music. Mike knows his business, especially the types of music to play as the wedding goes from introductions to dinner and dancing. I definitely WILL be using Mike again at future events.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Matt · Married on 06/11/2016

I can't begin to say how amazing Mike was. Countless people have come to us after the wedding and raved that our DJ was fantastic. From cocktail hour, through dinner things were great, then once it was time to get people on the dance floor it was packed. He did an excellent job of including the songs we had requested as well as reading the crowd and playing what they wanted. I don't think I've seen a dance floor that full the entire time at any wedding I've ever been too. Mike was very helpful and super easy going through the entire process. I couldn't be happier that he was the DJ for our wedding. We also had him bring his photo booth and this was a huge hit as well. The selection of stuff he brings with him blows away any Photo Booth I have ever been in at a wedding before. The photo book that he made for us was the perfect guest book and we have already looked at it a dozen time since the wedding! Thank you Mike!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Courtney · Married on 06/04/2016

Working with Mike was amazing, he made every step of the way easy and enjoyable! He came to our house and met with me and my husband, and we loved his website where we had our own personal page to personalize our wedding at our leisure! He was very professional on the day of and guests raved about him and his variety of music and his ability to keep the dance floor packed with people of all ages. You won't regret booking with him!!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Chloe · Married on 05/14/2016

Mike was AWESOME! Our wedding was nearly six months ago and the first thing people say is "by the way, your music was great!" Mike honed in our wide variety of song choices ... from Aretha to Tom Petty and more modern choices .. and had great suggestions on how to flawlessly transition the evening, even prompting me to go with Beyonce's version of "At Last" at the *very* last second for an unforgettable walk down the aisle. We opted for the photo booth at the last minute and he was incredibly accommodating. The props were awesome, better than we've ever seen. He really does have a crazy selection! From the second we met Mike, we knew we were in great hands. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/23/2016

MIKE WAS AWESOME. All of my family and friends are still raving about him. He played great music, played exactly what we wanted him to, and was really good about keeping people out on the dance floor. Mike did a great job in helping us to find the right timing for our music and was flexible in being able to do the music for our outdoor ceremony, indoor cocktail reception, and then our reception. He did it all beautifully. We also got our photo booth from him which was perfect. We had a photo booth assistant and great props, and even got an album and USB at the end of the night with all of the photos - it was so funny! I would absolutely recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 05/17/2016

Mike was great to work with from start to finish. We were planning our wedding from a few states away, and he was extremely accommodating of our schedules and wishes for the music at our reception. The sound was great, the wireless microphones he set up for speeches during the reception worked flawlessly (which isn't always the case at weddings!) and people were dancing until they were literally kicked off the dance floor. We would definitely recommend Mike to our friends and family.

Sent on 07/07/2016

Kristina · Married on 01/01/2016

My husband and I had the best experience working with Mike Jandey for our wedding, we can't say enough great things about him! From the minute we met him we knew that he would be perfect for our special day. He was so easy to work with all along, get in touch with, pleasant and always available for questions. We didn't give him a list with that many songs to play at the wedding just general ideas of what we liked, and I can tell you that the dance floor was always full!! Mike knew exactly what to play for every single part of the night whether it be cock tail hour, dinner music, or the last minute bouquet toss I added in. If you are looking for an amazing DJ who will give you a stress free experience and do an amazing job overall you should go with Mike. Thanks for helping to make our wedding day one that we will never forget!!!

Sent on 01/20/2016

Mike was absolutely incredible. People were dancing before the salads were served! He did not stop playing amazing music all night long. I have received so many messages asking me who the DJ was. He was professional, attentive, and easy to work with! Amazing night because of Mike!

Sent on 12/09/2015
  • Lea & Patrick

Lea · Married on 11/28/2015

Mike was a referral from friends who hired him for their wedding so we knew right away that he was going to be good. He ended up being way better than good. The dance floor was literally packed all night and he even had a huge group of people up on the floor during dinner service which is rare at a wedding. Leading up to the big day itself was a breeze. Mike was responsive, totally flexible with all of our requests and very professional. We are so, so happy he was a (huge) part of our day.

Sent on 12/09/2015

Casey · Married on 11/21/2015

Mike did an awesome job at our wedding! He was very accommodating meeting us before the event. He even came to our house! He is very friendly and easy to talk to. We felt very comfortable with our decision to use him as a DJ before and during the event.

Sent on 12/14/2015

Michelle · Married on 10/03/2015

Mike Janedy is the best! My husband and I went to two weddings where he was the DJ, so we knew exactly who to call when we were booking vendors. Mike has an online form that makes the whole process easy. It helped us store the songs we knew we wanted and helped to remind of the songs we didn't even think about (i.e. songs to walk down the aisle to)! We filled out the information before our final meeting with him and it made everything go so smoothly. We told him exactly what we wanted - new music that people can dance to and none of the traditional wedding songs (i.e. electric slide, we are family, etc.). Mike absolutely nailed it! He was there early and all set up and got all of our songs exactly right. The dance floor was PACKED the whole night and he even played longer than we booked him for (the venue allowed it!) because everyone was having such a great time. My husband and I, and I'm sure ALL of our guests too, would highly recommend Mike Janedy!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Jen and I were thrilled to have worked with Mike for our wedding. He actually came to us through a referral by another couple that had an equally positive experience with Mike. For our wedding reception, Mike put on a great DJ set for us per our song selections and actually went beyond the call of duty by helping the bridal party get assembled for the bridal party introductions. In general, Jen and I felt like we were in very capable hands throughout the entire wedding reception. Mike is a consummate professional and we would highly recommend him for any wedding, reception or event.

Sent on 09/27/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/06/2015

Mike did an amazing job with the music at our wedding. He played a great mix of songs that was inclusive to all of our guests. He was very helpful in the planning process and all around very accommodating. I am so happy I choose Mike to DJ our wedding! I would definitely recommend him for all future events to my family and friends!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Alyssa · Married on 08/15/2015

If we could give Mike Janedy 10 stars we absolutely would! From the minute we started communicating with Mike he was completely attentive and answered every crazy question we had! He gave great guidance on song selection and how to plan the different music for cocktail hour, meals, dancing, etc. The portal he uses is so easy and convenient and helped us figure out what songs to use and even gave us ideas for song selection.
    Our reception was absolutely incredible largely due to Mike and his music selections! We knew we would have a large dancing crowd but never did we think that people would be dancing before entrees even went out!! Mike played amazing music during the meal as well so people jumped back onto the dance floor as soon as they were done! In addition to the music, Mike was a fantastic MC. He does incredible with introductions and is great at getting the crowd's attention for important events like cake cutting and parent dances.
    Thank you for everything, Mike!!!

Sent on 08/24/2015
  • User4619237 · 2+ years ago

DJ Mike Janedy is GREAT! My family used him before for my sisters wedding so this was our second time, and we were not disappointed. Mike is so kind, and professional. He has an amazing website set up where you can input/look up all the songs you want and add them to different categories. Not only is this fun to do before your wedding it also reassures you have all songs important to you played. On top of that Mike will come out to your house to meet with you before the wedding and go over everything you want. He is simply the best. He played music that kept the crowd going, he really knows what he is doing. If you are looking for a DJ book him asap- as he fills up quickly!
    Thank you Mike!
    Best,
    Dianna and Matthew McLean

Sent on 08/07/2015

Jenna · Married on 07/09/2015

When choosing my vendors for my wedding, there was never a question regarding who I would have as my DJ. My husband and I met with Mike at the beginning of our planning stage and were sold immediately! Mike was responsive and helped us create a personal feel for our guests during both the ceremony and the reception. His website has an interactive piece, which I loved, where you can list and organize the music you want (and don't want) to hear. He provided a beautiful DOJO light with our names, and even helped me coordinate a surprise for my groom - playing a song that I had written for him. Mike kept the crowd on the dance floor and accommodated my requests, along with those of our guests. I couldn't have asked for more!

We also rented a Photo Booth through Mike and it was a blast! Our guests had so much fun and the book he provided with the photo strips inside was such a cool memento to have! Before I got married Mike was always the first DJ I would recommend, and that hasn't changed! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/21/2015

DJ Mike Janedy was absolutely fantastic to work with. The week before the wedding he came to our house for a final meeting to go over plans, songs, dances, and names. He really knows his business and how to get people, and most importantly keep people on the dance floor. Any changes at any point that you need made, Mike can seamlessly shift on the fly and accommodate them. I am not my any means a dancer and my mother son dance was a little unconventional. We danced to Uptown Funk (which shocked everyone as i dont dance) We wanted to have people join us on the dance floor at a certain point in the song. When I told Mike about this he said great no problem we can do that. The parent dances are usually between salad and the main course. The day after I told Mike this I received a phone call from him that he had an idea to move the parent dances until after dinner and do mine last. He said it would get people dancing and he would keep them there after our dance.......he was right. I would highly recommend DJ Mike Janedy to anybody

Sent on 06/14/2015

Great DJ! Very professional...awesome uplighting and photo booth...guests loved it!!!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Mike is an absolutely amazing DJ! When I first started planning my wedding, I had to have Mike. I was even willing to change my date if Mike was unavailable. Mike really knows how to interact with the crowd and keep them up on the dance floor all night! He is a true professional and really understands the flow of a wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend Mike for DJ, uplighting, and floor monogram. My guests could not stop talking about the beautiful lights, floor design, and the great choice in music. Thank you, Mike, for making our wedding so great! I have have two CD's with all of my wedding songs as a gift from Mike. He is the best!!!

Sent on 06/21/2015

Kim · Married on 12/31/2014

When my husband and I got engaged - one of the first things we did was make sure we had Mike as our DJ. We have been to many weddings and he really is the best out there. It's been 3 weeks and people are still asking us who our DJ was and if they could have a copy of his playlist. Mike's website made the planning process extremely easy and when we met with him before the wedding we were confident that he would take care of anything we may have missed. His choices were perfect for our crowd and the dance floor was full all night. Not only are his music selections great, but he has a way of making the entire night run smoothly. The up lighting was exactly what we needed to complete the room and the photo booth was a huge hit - another part of the wedding people are still talking about. Mike even made us a CD with all of our songs which was awesome.. I can't say enough about how great Mike is - he played a huge role in making our day so perfect. thank you Mike, we had the best time! -Kim and Eric

Sent on 02/17/2015

Stephanie · Married on 10/11/2014

Mike was great! My husband and I are so happy we chose him to DJ our wedding. He was great to work with before the wedding and helped us a lot with some things we just didn't know. The day of, he was amazing! The dance floor was packed the whole time! The whole event went off without a hitch!
    Thanks Mike for helping make our wedding so much fun!

Sent on 12/14/2015