DJ Michael Valenti Reviews

105 | Ellicott City, MD

105 Reviews for DJ Michael Valenti

• W

Wendy · Married on 10/13/2013

Michael did a great job with our wedding. He was always quick to reply to our emails and was very professional the day of the wedding. He was personable and a pleasure to work with for our wedding.

Sent on 12/01/2013

Taylor · Married on 09/14/2013

Michael was tremendous at our wedding, and I highly recommend him.

Value - He is a great value, and was very reasonable in negotiating add-ons after we had already signed the contract. He was also very good at reading the crowd. There was maybe one song in which the dance floor wasn't packed (and it coincided with a photo op involving about half of the guests). Several of our friends have commented on how great our DJ was.

Professionalism - Michael was very well prepared. He asked great questions in advance, and scheduled multiple calls for us to talk through the series of events, what we wanted him to say, what was really important to us versus just a "if you can" request, etc. I have been to weddings where the DJs are incredibly impressed with themselves and they talk too much, make stupid jokes, etc. Michael only spoke when necessary, and when he did, he was well-spoken.

Our coordinator went MIA during the set up for the ceremony, and Michael stepped in wonderfully. He helped our officiants figure out where to stand, helped them troubleshoot a bunch of last minute logistical challenges, and maintained his cool throughout the whole thing.

Flexibility - Michael was incredibly adaptable. We had a guitarist play before the procession. The flower girls and I were supposed to walk down the aisle to the same song, but our coordinator signalled the kids too early. Michael could have very easily been confused, but he adapted quickly, and nobody even realized that a mistake had been made.

Overall, Michael gets my vote and whole hearted recommendation. His attention to detail (aside from his spelling ;-) which doesn't even matter when you're a DJ) was just wonderful and made for a seamless, wonderful evening.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Blair and Zlatko · Married on 08/31/2013

Michael Valenti is the best DJ you could ever hope to find! He got everyone at our wedding onto the dance floor and they stayed on the dance floor the whole night. Many guests came up to us later saying it was the best wedding they had ever been to, largely in part because they had so much fun dancing.

From the first time we met Michael to discuss our wedding, we had a great feeling about him. He is extremely knowledgeable in his craft and super easy to work with. He accommodated all of our requests, navigated difficult name pronunciations, and was always available to answer our questions. He also had fantastic suggestions on which songs to play at what times and how to structure the flow of the reception. We gave Michael the leeway to select pretty much all of the songs played throughout the evening, and the dance floor was rockin'!

We cannot say enough wonderful things about DJ Michael Valenti. We highly recommend him to anyone looking for the best wedding DJ EVER!!!! :)

Sent on 09/04/2013

Tara · Married on 08/24/2013

Michael Valenti is the best DJ I have ever worked with. My now husband I and moved from NYC to the DC area where we choose to have our wedding. Having planned many events in NYC for my work, I have worked with many professional DJs and musicians. Michael is top notch and is extremely professional.

From our many phone conversations and then our in person meeting, my now husband was very impressed too. He made us feel very comfortable in his skills to read the crowd and play appropriate music. Not many people may know, but Michael is a musician himself and knows every song he plays and lines them up based on their beats per minute, creating a solid flow of music.

He had everyone on the dance floor from the beginning of the reception at 7pm all the way to our Karaoke hour starting at 10pm and ending at 11:30pm. I know Karaoke is not an usual wedding thing to do, but my husband and I love to Karaoke and Michael was super great about working with us to make this a possibility and a huge success. Our wedding reception turned into a 80s Rock and Roll party that people are still talking about a month later. No one could believe that all of the children and grandparents were still dancing their socks off at 11:30pm.

If I am planning another event in the DC area, Michael will be the first DJ I call. Thank you Michael!!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Mike is a nice guy who cares about the wedding experience of you and your guests. He is open to meet in person, is very responsive to email and takes phone calls. He doesn't just put on music and walk away, he reads the crowd and really customizes the night. Our guests were on the dance floor the entire night and we have Mike to thank for that!

Sent on 08/08/2013

Margot · Married on 07/06/2013

Michael was a fabulous DJ and we would definitely recommend him to others! He was lovely, friendly, organized and listened to what we envisioned for our wedding from the first time we met, through our email correspondence during our engagement and followed through on all accounts during our wedding! The dance floor was packed the entire night and our family and friends continue to share what fun they had during our reception! Michael not only ran our fabulous party, but set up and ran our ceremony and cocktail hour (all three in separate spaces at the museum) seamlessly! I loved that Michael had online planning tools for my husband and I to use during our engagement to share the evening's timeline and request music. We would definitely work with him again and hope you do the same! Thank you Michael!

Sent on 08/10/2013

Jazmin · Married on 07/05/2013

Michael was the perfect DJ for our wedding. He played all of the songs on our must play list and incorporated some of his own choices which made for an excellent playlist. Michael knew how to keep the crowd going and had everyone up dancing the entire night. His prices were great. Very affordable. He was dressed professionally and kept the evenings events on the agreed timeline. Michael would be a wonderful asset to anyone's wedding!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/08/2013

Michael is a really nice guy and he does what you ask him to do and he played all the music i wanted and in the order i wanted i would recommend him to friends and family i got him through my sister's wedding 4 years ago in May!

Sent on 07/02/2013

Justine · Married on 05/25/2013

Michael truly made our reception a party! My grandmother was dancing to JayZ and didn't even realize it!! He is very professional and makes sure everything goes perfect and smoothly but doesn't make it a big show about himself. He is truly gifted and a professional at what he does. He is an artist at getting everyone out on the floor to have a good time. The dance floor was packed the whole time. Not only that but he is a truly good person, he puts his heart into what he does. He is a great value as well. I recommend him very very much! You will be so happy with your party if you book him!!!

Sent on 06/06/2013

Roger · Married on 05/18/2013

We heard about Michael Valenti through a recommendation and couldn't have been more thrilled with his performance. On the wedding day, his execution was absolutely flawless and he certainly did not have an easy task at hand. Because of the way our venue was structured (2941 Restaurant), Michael had to set up music equipment in three different spaces (ceremony space, dinner space, and cocktail / dancing space) in the span of an hour. For cocktail hour and during the reception, Michael did a great job of making the right announcements at the right time with the correct pronunciation of names. In addition, we had to move people between dinner and dancing spaces quite a few times, and Michael made sure to make these transitions very seamless.

Most importantly, Michael kept the party going all night long! I couldn't believe it, but everyone was dancing the whole night and having a blast. Our crowd was having so much fun that we decided to extend the reception by 30 minutes and Michael was nice enough to gift us that extra 30 minutes, which we appreciated very much!

To make sure the wedding day is as smooth as possible, Michael does a fair amount of preparation months before the actual event. We had originally booked Michael about 7-8 months before our wedding day and from the beginning, Michael was a true professional. In the early months, he took time to talk us through logistics, planning, and timing via multiple calls and emails. Picking our song lists were super easy via his DJ Intelligence technology, which allow you to easily preview and then create "must play" and "do not play" lists.

All in all, my wife and I were thrilled with Michael's level of service and his value is unbeatable. Most importantly, everyone had a great time and thought he did a good job. I even had a few of my friends (who will be getting married in the next year) ask for Michael's contact information to inquire about him being the DJ for their weddings.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Ben & Oyuna · Married on 05/11/2013

Michael was a Great DJ for Our Wedding!!!! He was very responsive to phone calls and emailed us regularly with updates or suggestions for the wedding music as well as met with us free of charge to make sure everything was perfect. He was very flexible, in-particular, we used several songs that were not in the mainstream. He was able to locate them and incorporated them at just the right time. His professionalism and wonderful knoweldge of his work made our reception very special and he was the perfect fit. We would recommend him to anyone!!!! Thank You Michael

Sent on 07/08/2013

Erin · Married on 04/13/2013

We met with several different DJs and when we met with Michael we knew instantly that he was our guy. He was so genuine and personable during our first meeting and absolutely lived up to every commitment. He was in contact with us several times leading up to our wedding and reviewed the key items such as song selection, timeline and names with us in order to make sure he had everything covered. My husband was VERY pleased that he did not play a single song from the do not play list (even when requested)! We are still getting compliments on how great the music was and how much fun they had dancing. There was not a single idle or 'down' moment throughout the party... everyone was on the dance floor having a great time.

Thanks so much Michael. You helped make our day as perfect and fun as we hoped for :)

Sent on 04/15/2013

Jeff · Married on 04/06/2013

Life of the Party!! We were hopping right til the end, from kids to great grandparents. I've never been to a party so exciting, and am so grateful it was at my own wedding. Michael knows his stuff, really scientific, down to song categories by beats per minute appropriate for any moment. We gave him a rough idea of what we wanted, plus a few special songs to weave in, and he did it perfectly, even personally stepping out onto the dance floor to lead line dancing! You'll never find a better DJ.

Sent on 05/11/2013

Jonathan · Married on 11/03/2012

DJ Michael was awesome; there is no other word to describe the quality of service and his skill. He was able to work with our wishes and was very accommodating to not only our tastes in music, but also those of our wide variety of guests. Michael possessed a quality I have found to be very rare in such providers and that is adaptability; he was able to seamlessly cover up a mistake made where my wife and I reversed the order of bridal party entry without him knowing and he was able to come up with quick solutions to potential lulls in activity by providing a constant flow of lively music. I can't thank him enough for his services; as I told him, if we could give him six stars we would not hesitate to do so!

Sent on 11/28/2012

Matt · Married on 10/06/2012

As a DJ and musician myself, the decision for entertainment at my wedding was top of the list in my mind. I interviewed countless jocks and bands and just didn't feel comfortable with any of them. Then, a friend of mine turned me on to Michael Valenti, or as he called him Mikey V. From first meeting I knew that this guy was the one. He was very responsive to all the kinds of music we are into regardless of whether or not it was a hit song or a playable wedding song.

Michael has an online database of all of his music that makes the process incredibly easy. You literally go onto the website and click on songs you'd like to hear and (most important for me) songs you DON'T want played!! He was very helpful thru the whole process and even gave suggestions for songs that might fit well with a certain theme.

Not being much of a dance guy myself, I gave Michael full control of the dance music. Let me tell you, that floor was packed all night long. He has a great understanding of tempos and logical progressions of music so that people just keep dancing!

Honestly though, the thing that thrilled me the most about him was his calm and friendly demeanor. Being in the business myself, I have to admit that alot of my fellow mates don't always have the best temperament(BIG EGO's!) and don't always go above and beyond for the guest experience. On the day of our wedding the caterer had arranged for a day-of-wedding organizer. Unfortunately, she was a scatter brained mess who was panicking and seemed completely lost the whole time. Michael stepped right in and controlled the whole night and most importantly kept my wife at complete ease the whole time. I am forever in his debt for that one!!

I have honestly never written a review of any one before. That alone should tell you how impressed I was with his service. Absolute top of the class. Thanks again Mikey V!!

Sent on 11/30/2012

Megan · Married on 10/05/2012

Michael did a fabulous job as DJ at our wedding. We could not have found a better guy for the job. He was willing to meet with us on multiple occasions, quickly responded to all emails, and made last minute changes without hesitation. The music selection was amazing and kept everyone on the dance floor for hours. We wanted to ensure that all age groups at the wedding would have a great time dancing and Michael did just that! Michael's music selections for cocktail hour and dinner allowed people to mingle without people having to shout over one another. Thank you for an unforgettable night! We had the best time dancing!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Crystal · Married on 09/29/2012

Michael was such a great vendor to work with throughout our wedding planning process! We found out about him through a friend of a friend, and he was such a big part of making our wedding such a huge success! The entire place was on the dance floor literally the whole night. Michael played great music and was able to incorporate all the songs on our requested lists. He has such a great personality and really wants to make your wedding a fun party. He was super responsive, and had great advice throughout the whole process. We really enjoyed working with Michael, and would definitely recommend him to others!

Sent on 11/06/2012
  • Sarah T.

Sarah · Married on 09/23/2012

Attention All Brides... Michael Valenti is 100% A-MAZ-ING! Seriously stop searching right now and book him! At our reception I danced to EVERY. SINGLE. SONG. I kid you not. Because of him you can actually relax and *gasp* have fun at your own wedding! If you want a professional DJ who plays all your favorite songs, who respects your do not play list, is not cheesy and interrupting, knows how to feel the mood of the crowd and keeps the dance floor packed, always returns your phone calls and emails (and even just checks in with you to say 'hi' from time to time), knows EVERYTHING about music and how to blend songs seamlessly, will work hard to find that random obscure song that you just have to have for your first dance, cake cutting, etc., is flexible and just goes with the flow when the timeline of your reception gets all mixed up and off-track, has a very cool easy-to-use online system for selecting music that you can keep updating as you plan the wedding... he is literally everything you want in your DJ and ridiculously affordable. Michael is a genuinely nice guy, fun, energetic, personable and puts so much care & attention to detail into your reception. He's on his A-game and will double-check pronunciations of names for your bridal party entrance, etc. I honestly cannot say enough good things about him. He is a headache-free vendor-- you never have to worry about him not showing up or making good on promises. When you look back after all the wedding dust has settled, you can pat yourself on the back for making that call and having Michael be your DJ. You'll be so glad you did!

Sent on 03/09/2013

Adam · Married on 09/21/2012

Myself and my wife Jen had the pleasure of working with Michael Valenti as our official wedding DJ a few weeks ago. However Mike was anything but a body behind a soundboard and speakers.

Mike was recommended to me from a friend who recently had Mike work his wedding. Mike was very prompt and responsive regarding phone calls and face-to-face pre-wedding meetings. It's said that "success is for those who prepare for it". Mike's interactive music software was user-friendly and worked very well with what Jen and I had planned to put together.

As previously said Mike was more than just a DJ. He wore many hats from the beginning, to the prime time, to the last dance which I'll never forget. In addition to the music, Mike was able to act as a time-keeper which was essential to Jen and myself having the time of our lives. Not having to worry about the schedule, we were able greet our guests, take part in the many activities and cut the rug!

We all know not everything goes according to plan. During the wedding Mike was very open to the one or two "audibles" that were thrown at him. Like the pro that he is, Mike took it all in stride with giant smile on his face. You see, not only does Mike do a fantastic job, you can tell he's genuinely having a great time doing what he does.

Once again three cheers to Mike. We would invite anyone to hire Mike for any event of significance, or if you're just getting the gang together for a night of karaoke.

Thanks again Mike! We love you!!!

Sent on 10/11/2012
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/08/2012

Michael as great to work with for our wedding. He was very accommodating , helpful and offered great suggestions to make sure our special day was everything we wanted. During the reception the crowd was on their feet dancing the entire time. The dance floor was packed!! It was very important to me that everybody was up and having fun, and that's what it was. Michael was very respectful of our requests, and if someone requested something not on our list, he asked before it was played. I highly recommend his services and expertise as a DJ. Thank you Michael for a very memorable wedding day!

Sent on 10/13/2012

Steve · Married on 06/30/2012

DJ Mike Valenti absolutely rocked! We wanted a very classy reception but we also wanted LOTS of dancing. DJ Mike was able to pack the dance floor with a great short set to get all the guests excited and ready to party directly after the first dance. Then, during dinner, he played great mood music to match our classy expectations. After dinner he really got the party going using his own music theory formula.
    DJ Mike knows music through and through (just check his website for proof) and he used a beats per minute formula to tailor make a party mix that kept the dancing and fun going through the whole reception. He also uses great online applications that really help in planning the schedule and flow of the reception.
    DJ Mike's value and expertise is top notch, and we would recommend him for any special event.

Sent on 07/24/2012

DJ Michael Valenti was an awesome DJ for our wedding! He had the dance floor packed and everyone had an amazing time. We could not have hired a better DJ. Everything was perfect: getting people seated, introducing the wedding party, making announcements, transitioning the reception to the different events (from speeches, to father daughter dances, to cake cutting), and getting people onto the dance floor. He had the perfect mix of music, blending and transitioning the songs perfectly to keep the party going. Everyone told us that our wedding was a blast and the music was great. He really turned our reception into a great party. He also kept us relaxed during the music planning process. After meeting with him, we knew the reception would be in great hands. We are definitely recommending DJ Mike as THE DJ to pick.

Sent on 07/08/2012

Jessica · Married on 05/27/2012

So sorry for the delay but I knew I couldn't NOT give DJ Michael Valenti a proper review on wedding wire. DJ Valenti was more than we hoped for. We had met and interviewed a handful of DJ's and after our meeting with Michael, we knew he was the one. He's very friendly, quirky and KNOWS HIS STUFF! He had us at BEATS PER MINUTE. We decided to meet somewhere in between his home and our home which was a bit out of our way, but worth it. We had a mix up with locations during our final meeting a week before our wedding but Michael made the drive and met us where we needed to be.
    Michael was very accomodating with all of our asks from piecing together music at certain time counts to speeding up or slowing down songs so that we could see if it worked with the pace of our first dance. Michael followed my wedding day plan to the T and had the crowd dancing the night away.
    We also found out last minute that we needed a mic system for the ceremony and Michael was able to jump right on it for us! A+++ THANKS DJ VALENTI!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Andrew · Married on 05/26/2012

Michael Valenti was absolutely flawless. He made the entire process from start to finish easy and stress free for me. He paid attention to the little details that matter, for example making sure he said everyone's name correctly. The timing of the songs were perfect for the entrances. The music, flow, and style was perfect. There was a little bit of everything from every genre. If you are looking for that DJ that makes sure everyone is having fun at your wedding or party, this is your guy! I could not be more happy to have him be part of my wedding. He is not only a great DJ, but a great person with an awesome personality! A++++!!!! Couldn't be more happy! Thank you Michael for everything. :)

Sent on 05/29/2012

Justine · Married on 05/12/2012

To be honest, I was hesitant about hiring a DJ, because I wanted our wedding to be informal and laid back, relaxed, intimate and classy. I thought I was an "i-pod playlist" kind of bride ;) And besides, all I had known of wedding DJs were the loud and obnoxious. But I was referred to DJ Mike and our fears subsided when we met with him to learn about his service. There is an honest twinkle in his eye and his love for music and his passion for his work was a ray of sunshine into the gray winter day. His calm yet enthusiastic energy was uplifting. He was exactly what we had hoped to find in a DJ, someone who would honor our wishes and wedding dream with enthusiasm and without judgement. There is no ego when it comes to DJ Mike Valenti. And he was a dream come true on May 12th. I've tried to put our satisfaction with our experience into words but they don't do it justice! Nevertheless, I will rattle some off though because you need to know how exceptional he is: DJ Mike is honest, personable, attentive, true to his word, dependable, kind, flexible, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, nonjudgmental, professional, amazing, supportive.....and the list goes on. I'll leave it to you future clients to add more, I promise if you hire DJ Mike Valenti you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 07/15/2012