54 Reviews for Ovation Entertainment

Projector (4)
Liability Insurance (2)
Disco Ball (2)
Karaoke (1)

We received Michael's information from a friend who was adamant about how necessary Ovation Entertainment is to make a wedding unforgettable. We hired him and found out how true that is. Michael met with us three times over the course of our wedding planning to work through our unique timeline. He had a portal for us to list songs, personal information and family dynamics so he could be fully prepared to MC our night. He worked to get to know our music preferences, and what kind of night we wanted to have. When it came to the wedding, he was on time, with an assistant and THREE separate set-ups making the flow of the evening seamless. He was so professional. He had mics for the ceremony and made sure the entire thing was heard. HE BROUGHT PROPS FOR THE RECEPTION. WHAT. They kept the guests on the dance floor ALL NIGHT LONG. Seriously, I still have people telling me my DJ was ON POINT. People who don't dance were the last ones on the floor. Michael is the perfect mix of party and professional. Through the whole night, there was never a lull. Even down to walk up songs for the wedding party speeches! He cares about the couples he works with and his passion for what he does is evident. Please choose Michael YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Profile Picture Hannah, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

From the very first meeting all the way to the end, you were confident and ready to take on one more customer; and that too without a planner. We can't thank you enough.

Even at the last minute when our bubble guns weren't working, you pulled through for us.

Our guests can't stop talking about how great you were. They loved the props and song selection.

You truly are in the right line of work. You know what to play and when to move on to the next.

Our day couldn't have gone any better!

We look forward to referring family and friends your way, and of course us wanting to use you again and again in the future.

Thank you DJ MIKE!,

Profile Picture Chris, 11/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Even though we had a lot of incredible vendors, Michael went above and beyond every expectation! He was early to every meeting, worked around our schedules, and ultimately brought the party!! He helped us with custome songs and playlists and added so many incredible things to keep the party going all night long! He also worked with singer for perfect timing and pitch. We cannot rave about him enough! Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Deb, 11/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List

Can't say enough good things about Michael!!!! He was a pleasure to work with and was beyond on top of things!!!! All night all our guests kept saying your DJ is amazing!!! He brought props for people to wear on the dance floor and always kept that party vibe going!!! SUch a genuinely great guy and DJ!!!

Profile Picture Sara, 9/16/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you are looking for a top notch DJ then you have found the right man. We used Michael as our DJ for our July 2017 wedding. Michael came recommended by a friend of ours that also used him for a wedding. From our first meeting with him I knew that we were lucky to find him. Michael's professionalism, talent and quality of service is over the top! We met with him and he planned exactly what we wanted. From start to finish we knew our wedding day would be absolutely wonderful. He has creative and fun ideas and knows exactly how to get the party started. Our dance party was amazing, guests are still talking about our wonderful DJ and what a blast they had. Michael adds some fun surprises and interacts with the guests. I highly recommend him! Thank you Michael, you are wonderful at what you do!

Profile Picture Jenna, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, MC, One Event Per Day

My brother and sister in law used Michael for their wedding in 2014 and my entire family said we had to have him again because he was so great. I don't know how it's possible but Michael surpassed our expectations and helped us throw a great party by keeping people dancing and keeping us on schedule. He was wonderful to work with coming up with fun ideas that worked for my husband and I. I recommended that my friend use Michael for her wedding a month after ours and she is, so I'm excited to see him again for another great dance party. Thank you thank you thank you Michael for an awesome dance party!!!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Erin, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

In my years in the wedding industry, it's hard to see someone who cares about the client and their day like Michael. The way he approaches wedding encompasses the whole wedding- from the photographer/videographer, to the venue, to the guests, and especially the wedding couple. There wasn't a missed moment that they guests and vendors didn't know when the couple is doing their thing. Think of a focused laser beam but yet a diffused light bulb; that was the way Michael worked, masterfully.

Profile Picture Rocky, 11/18/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

We love DJ Michael!! He did an amazing job from start to finish with our wedding. He set everything up at Strawberry Farms, including speakers inside and outside for cocktail hour, and his price includes lighting, which he changed through out the evening to fit the mood. Michael was very prompt with emails and met us for all of our meetings on time. He gave us many great suggestions of what to do during the reception, one of which was taking photos with every table! We HIGHLY recommend him!

Profile Picture User7741482, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Michael has now helped with three family events, including my own wedding. On a tight timeline, Michael helped above and beyond the call. Not only did he sit down and dive into mine and my husband's music tastes in depth, but he painstakingly developed a fluid schedule for the entire reception. He helped me think of traditions I had never heard of, which made our night all the more special. He invests so much into each of his events, it's hard not to think of him as a family friend once you're through.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 7/31/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

The.Best.DJ.Ever!! When the majority of your guests are on the dance floor the entire night, you know you chose the right D.J.. When you continue to get compliments on how fun your wedding was, you know you chose the right D.J. My husband and I were beyond pleased with our decision to have Michael D.J. our wedding. His professionalism, personality, and skill surpassed our expectations. He responded to e-mails in a timely manner, met with us on multiple occasions to discuss our wedding, coordinated with our other vendors, and helped us create a flawless timeline for the day of our wedding. I would definitely recommend his services to anyone!! Trust me, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael is hands down the best choice for a DJ/MC. We are so grateful our venue had him as a preferred vendor, and that we were able to secure him for our day. Upon our first conversation with him, we know he was a total professional who absolutely knew what he was talking about, and clearly cares about the couples he works with. From day 1, we were in constant communication, which was great for us since we were planning our wedding from out of state. His online planning tool makes it really easy to choose your must-plays and the songs that coincide with the special moments of the ceremony and reception. He was always open to meet with us in person when we were in town and made the times work with our schedule. He truly wants to know and understand each couple and all the players in the wedding to make it a smoothe day for everyone involved. He built our timeline for us, so we really didn't even have to think about it, but he was receptive to all our tweaks and changes, so we were able to build the perfect day together. On the day of, everything was flawless. Michael played all the right songs when they were meant to be played, and once the dance floor was open, nobody got off of it (including me...which led to a lot of sweat...but I digress). He also threw in a lot of cool props that we didn't know he was going to! Glow sticks and necklaces, light up glasses, etc. Everyone had an absolute blast and it was in large part to Michael. Would 100% recommend him to anyone who asks me! Do yourself a favor and book him ASAP so you don't miss out!

Profile Picture Jenna, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hands down Michael was the best DJ I've seen at any event in my life! Plan your event around his schedule and you'll never regret you did!
We booked him for our 5/15/16 wedding and he met with us numerous times during the months prior to our wedding for several hours each in order to piece together every aspect of our ceremony and reception. During the ceremony he was flawless and at the reception he kept the party going and the audience engaged the whole night! From his professionalism to the sound to the lighting he was amazing! All our guests said hands down the best wedding ever and we owe Michael the world for all his time and efforts!!

Profile Picture Mario, 5/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot even express in words how absolutely amazing this DJ is. We booked Michael based on being a preferred vendor at our Wedding Venue, and they definitely know what they're talking about. We weren't aware how instrumental the DJ would be in our wedding. In meeting with Michael, it became obvious that he was going to run the show, and boy was it quite a show! I have received so many complements on how fun our wedding was and what an awesome DJ we had. I didn't have to think about a thing, he led the way the entire night and the dance floor was NEVER empty, which was one of my concerns when selecting a DJ. I told Michael I wanted people to have fun, and he made sure it happened! He was very patient when we couldn't make up our minds about what song for this or that moment, and he had some really suggestions that we used and they were awesome! If you want a great DJ and a wedding/event that you and your guests will remember, this is your guy!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/13/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

I feel sorry for anyone who didn't have Michael as their wedding DJ!!! Working with Michael McNeil of Ovation Entertainment was an absolute pleasure.

My husband and I got married at Strawberry Farms Golf Club in March 2016. From our first consultation, Michael was attentive, organized, available, friendly, and FUN! Over the course of our FIVE planning meetings, Michael was not only able to create a thorough wedding day timeline and a fun and unique wedding playlist....he also took the time to get to know us as a couple. He personalized our wedding down to every entertainment detail. From our ceremony music to the last dance of the night...he did an amazing job at guiding us in the right direction, but also incorporating songs/themes that we wanted.

Michael is very organized and is a BUILT-IN WEDDING COORDINATOR! He created a very detailed wedding timeline for us, down to the minute. He kept us on schedule on our wedding day which made it so much more enjoyable for us and our guests. Nothing was rushed or had to be left out.

My favorite thing about working with Michael was his expertise. There were a few entertainment details that we were unsure about, but Michael took the time to explain why they are important and why they work. Thank goodness we listened to everything he suggested because HE WAS RIGHT. Our dance floor was full all night long! We even turned to him for advice on photobooths, florist, ceremony processional order, and our cigar bar. HE KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT WEDDINGS!!! All of the advice he gave us was 100% right.

HIRE MICHAEL MCNEIL. He was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding.

Thank you, Michael!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Samantha, 3/26/16, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We were referred to Michael McNeil by friends and family members that used his services in the past. I had first on experience with him when my cousin had hired him as her DJ for their wedding back in October of 2014. I am not joking when I say, I planned my wedding date around this mans schedule! If I was getting married, I was to have only one DJ, Michael! We had multiple face to face meetings, going over themes, song choices, transitions,our likes, dislikes.... he had put together an itinerary that was so beyond helpful! I must have e-mailed him 100 times throughout the year and half we hired him, and never once did I have to wait more than a couple hours for his response! Michael even met us out at the venue in Palm Springs (TWICE) to get a feel for where he wanted to set up and how long her needed to place certain songs! By the end of the night, he a toy box full of props and goodies for our guests that they still can't stop talking about! The enthusiasm he portrayed for our wedding is what a bride dreams about!

He wasn't just a DJ, he played the role in assisting with the wedding schedule and was very in tune with what my groom and I wanted as well as our family and friends! He truly made our wedding spectacular and I highly, highly recommend his services! Whatever your dream is... I assure you, he will blow you away!

Profile Picture Tanya, 3/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Karaoke, MC, One Event Per Day

Michael was unbelievable, his attention to detail and ability manage the time allowed for my wife and I to not worry about a thing. He had several meetings with us prior to our wedding day and made it very easy to make our song choices. His equipment is top notch and I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Our friends and family cannot stop raving about how incredible our DJ was, and we cannot wait to refer him to other weddings/events.

He said it to us when we first booked him, if you don't get the name on the wall when you book a vendor... then you might want to look elsewhere. He was 100 percent right!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/9/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael was amazing! When we first met with him, we knew we wouldn't work with anyone else. We left that meeting feeling the most organized we had felt since our wedding planning process began. He was so professional and his experience with DJing shone when he went through details with us. He helped with the timeline of the day of, down to the minute (which I loved). And provided priceless recommendations for song choices.
We brought my dad to the next meeting, and Michael took notes and learned all of the Lebanese songs we wanted played, in what order and when. My dad even provided songs that weren't in the online music library of Michael's, and Michael added them right in to our playlist.
I know why Michael has 5/5 star reviews. Our wedding was INCREDIBLE because of him! He has two sound systems, so the transition from ceremony to reception was flawless. He worked with the harpist that we had at the ceremony. He could read the room the entire night and knew which songs to play when (which is great for the Lebanese music I wanted played; it was great to have a DJ who knew when to switch back and forth). We had created a playlist online on our own time that he used to make us dance all night. His uplighting was incredible. AND special plus: while out on the FULL dance floor (Michael got everyone dancing so easily), I kept seeing someone walking around with a basket. I brushed it off as an uncle who was carrying a basket for one reason or another; I didn't care, I was having such a great time dancing and celebrating. Then I realized more and more that my friends and family all had little goodies! Michael had been going around, passing out awesome goodies to everyone on the dance floor! Cool sparkle gloves, light up sticks, sun glasses, etc. Everyone loved it!
Between his professionalism in meetings and as the MC (he is great at name pronunciation), and his ability to get a dance floor full and keep it that way, we hands down recommend him to anyone!!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Michael was our DJ for our April 2015 La Canada Country Club Wedding. From our initial meeting to our final dance he was literally flawless. I don't think couples realize how important a DJ is for your big day! Michael was the captain of our ship! He met with us 5 times before our Wedding to ensure everything was set and made sense! His knowledge and music recommendations were spot on and we truly felt he cared about us and our day going smoothly! I will 100% recommend him to anyone and everyone! He is the BEST in the business! Thank you Michael!!

Profile Picture Bri, 4/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael was outstanding!!! Best DJ ever!!! We couldn't have had a better DJ for our wedding. All of our guests loved him!!! He interacted with the crowd a lot and make it super fun! He was always super nice but still professional over the phone and through our planning. He also gave out props and glow rings which people couldn't get enough of. We loved that he came early and played music through our cocktail hour while our ukulele player was outside. You'd be crazy not to use Michael for your event! Thanks again Michael for joining in to make our wedding day the BEST PARTY EVER!!!

Profile Picture Samantha, 4/10/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

From our very first meeting to the last dance, Michael was truly amazing and we are honored to have had the opportunity to work with him for our daughter’s wedding. Sometimes you just know when you have found that extra special individual that you know will go above and beyond anything you could have ever expected. That was exactly what we found in Michael, a talented and dedicated individual with a phenomenal eye for attention to detail. Michael was highly professional and a true pleasure to work with every step of the way, from each meeting to the big day. Words cannot describe how thankful we are to have met Michael and to have had the opportunity to work with him! He is truly amazing. Michael carefully planned each and every minute of both the ceremony and reception. The day was flawless! He had EVERYONE out on the dance floor having the time of their lives! From each sweet and tender moment of the ceremony to the phenomenal music and dancing at the reception, we cannot describe how memorable this day was and we are sincerely thankful for his amazing talent! Michael was an extra special and integral part of our daughter’s beautiful day and we highly, highly recommend him! His amazing talent, phenomenal personality, and attention to detail are truly wonderful things to remember! We will never forget this beautiful day! From the bottom of our hearts, we hope that others have the pleasure and opportunity to work with Michael, a truly talented and amazing individual

Profile Picture Jennifer, 2/21/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael was awesome. I will definitely recommend his services.

Profile Picture Emily, 11/16/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hands down the best decision we made about our entire wedding. We live in Portland, OR and had our wedding down in Orange County. Needless to say, it was insane trying to plan a wedding from hundreds of miles away. Michael was a SAVING GRACE. I literally might have lost all my hair without him. He was willing to plan over the phone, Skype, email and even accommodated our insanely busy schedule when we happened to make it down to OC before the wedding. I did not have a vision about our wedding before we sat down and talked with him. We had a lot of weird song requests seeing as my husband is a huge Doors fan and my family loves Springsteen. He accommodated ALL OF IT! He even edited our first dance song because we thought it had a boring break in it. He came up with great ideas I would have never thought of. He was all my family and friends could talk about. OH and did I mention he brought A BUNCH of party favors for the dance floor? My guests were literally on the dance floor from beginning to the very very end (they would have kept going if our venue allowed). It was all thanks to Michael. I PROMISE you, you won't be disappointed if you hire him. Seriously, hire him. Well worth the money. I'd pay $1,000 more. HIRE HIM.

Profile Picture Taylor, 10/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael was the DJ for our wedding last weekend and he went above and beyond! He met with us at least 4 times before the wedding to plan the timeline of events and music. He is very responsive and easy to get in touch with, be it to set up meetings or make changes to something. I felt in good hands on the day of knowing that he would keep the event moving, and he did! Everything went as he had planned with us and our guests never felt bored or like they had downtime between activities such as dancing, cake cutting, bouquet tossing, etc. Our guests were actually amazed by him and we had several people ask for his info for their upcoming events. (One of my bridesmaids is now planning her wedding and is using him!) He passed out a lot of toys and props for people to dance with, which we didn't expect, but made the night even more fun and memorable. He did a great job of reading the dance floor and playing music that kept the party going. We were so grateful for all of his suggestions as well as his willingness to listen to our wants, and we had some quirky things on our want list. Every bride has told me to expect something to go wrong on my wedding day, and maybe we were an anomaly but we honestly didn't have anything go wrong. I have to attribute a lot of that to Micheal's planning and hard work. If you want your wedding or even to be a great party with lots of dancing, I recommend you stop looking here and call Michael. Everything was amazing thanks to him!

Profile Picture Maegan, 6/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael was a fantastic DJ! He was responsive, professional, punctual, and upbeat in every interaction I had with him. He just gave off such a positive and energetic vibe the entire evening. His playlist was tons of fun and he really knew how to get the guests excited and onto the dance floor - which can be hard to do! Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael was the BEST DJ! We had such a great time at our wedding, and so did our guests--we keep hearing from everyone how much fun they had on the dance floor. Not only did he play great music all night, he also provided uplighting, helped with a slideshow, coordinated with the photographers, and helped cue events throughout the evening. Michael also met with us several times before the wedding and really helped us to get organized, get a schedule together, get a good music selection figured out, and all in all helped us make sure our wedding day go smoothly. He was always helpful and prompt. We highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Kristine, 6/14/14, 1 Review