DJ Michael Reviews

87 | Brighton, MA

87 Reviews for DJ Michael

• Z

Zach · Married on 07/22/2017

When choosing a DJ for our wedding, my wife and I searched through multiple websites and reviews. We sent inquiries to a few different DJs and companies. Michael was quick to respond and had a much more personal touch when compared to other agencies we contacted. He was thorough with all of the planning and made the process easy. Anytime we had questions, he was available.
    The music at our wedding was very important to us and Michael did an amazing job. He had us fill out a planning sheet to make sure the day went smoothly and we were not disappointed. He did his job flawlessly, limited any off script talking at the reception and kept the evening moving along on schedule. He checked in with us frequently enough, but did not make the day about him, as some DJs tend to do. The music selection was perfect! He integrated all of our must plays and did a great job of reading the room to keep the dance floor full all night.
    We felt very comfortable with Michael and his prices were reasonable. He also did an excellent job setting up the audio for our ceremony. If you are looking for a professional, fun and relaxed DJ to keep your wedding running smoothly, look no further. We would not hesitate to hire Michale again.

Sent on 08/09/2017

DJ Michael's reply:

Thanks for this glowing review, Zach. This and your wedding make my Summer!

Ashley · Married on 06/24/2017

We booked Michael to be our wedding DJ this past June and we were incredibly happy with our decision. He was professional and responded very quickly to emails. He listened closely to our requests and thoughtfully shared his prior wedding experiences to help with our decision making. He has a wide selection of music and will even buy additional files to accommodate you (we requested songs from our favorite video games during our prelude). Most importantly, our crowd was dancing all night and we had so much fun at our wedding thanks to him. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a modern DJ in the Boston area--you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Claire · Married on 06/03/2017

Working with Michael was a fantastic experience from start to finish. He was knowledgeable, professional and so talented. We gave him a limited amount of direction and just a few requested songs, as he assured us he could please our dance-loving guest-list. I am so happy we trusted him! He kept the dance floor packed the entire night with an amazing play list! Our guests are still talking about how awesome the music was; my aunt said every time she tried to sit he would play another great song that she couldn't miss! In fact, one of my guests already booked him for next summer! It was so wonderful to not worry about the flow of the party and the music throughout the night, Michael took care of it all and with such success. If I could give 6 stars, I would.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Eva · Married on 11/19/2016

Michael did an exceptional work at our wedding. He was very professional, easy to work with and very accommodating. He was very well prepared and he managed to successfully blend different cultures together and have everyone on the dance floor. We really appreciated his positive attitude and all his great recommendations that made the night flawless. If you are looking for high quality and professionalism, look no further. Thank you very much Michael for all your great work! Matt & Eva

Sent on 12/06/2016

Thea · Married on 11/11/2016

My husband, Kevin, and I hired Michael to DJ our wedding on November 11, 2016, Veteran's Day! We gave him a moderate amount of guidance in terms of requests and asked him to use his judgement with the rest. Michael was very professional, adjusted his music to a crowd of varying ages, and was great at determining what songs were a fit for our intimate group. He was also very responsive to any of our questions throughout the process and inquired with us during the reception as to what our needs and the needs of our guests were. We were so pleased with how the feeling of the music kept everyone dancing the entire night!! He made sure to put the focus on Kevin and I, and he was tactful and engaging with his announcements. We could not have asked for a more perfect night! Thanks to you Michael! Thea and Kevin Canty

Sent on 11/26/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2016

Michael was a blast to work with, from start to finish. As soon as we met him, my husband and I knew we needed to look no further! He really listened to us, and I could tell he had a good understanding of exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Michael did the music for the whole shebang: ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception! He played everything we wanted and did a great job of mixing in fun songs of his choosing. Michael has this very calming presence, and I just knew he had a good handle on things. The day of our wedding, it poured rain and they had to move everything inside. Michael was totally prepared for this less than ideal situation. Our guests danced all night! Other pluses: The added uplighting he did was a great touch; he gave us a CD of our songs; he even sent a short video he shot on his phone of some of the dancing. You cannot go wrong with Michael so definitely book him if you have the opportunity!

Sent on 01/25/2017

Melissa · Married on 08/19/2016

Michael was the DJ at our wedding last weekend in Haverhill, MA and my husband and I could not have been more pleased. We were VERY picky about our playlist and asked Michael to play ~100 handpicked songs, mixing in others he recommended that were similar. Michael took the time to find and download every single one, yes...every. single. one. He totally blew us away with his dedication. He also made it a point to meet with us beforehand to go over how we wanted things to flow throughout the evening and to make sure he got all of the name pronunciations correct. What's more is that he showed up early, charged an extremely fair rate for his services AND (cherry on top!) he gave us CDs post-wedding of all of the songs he played. He's literally such a rockstar and I'm so glad we found him. If we ever have another event where we need a DJ, he'd be the first one I call. You will not be disappointed - he's the best of the best. Thank for making our day amazing, Michael!!!

Sent on 08/30/2016

DJ Michael's reply:

Thanks so much for this amazing review, Melissa! I was nervous and plenty of preparation and arriving early helps cure that. Congrats! I really liked that vineyard.

Morgan · Married on 08/13/2016

My wife and I used Michael for our wedding in August. He was great and everyone had a fantastic time. We wanted everyone out on the dance floor for as much of the night as possible and he made sure the dance floor was packed all night. He used the music we wanted and made sure the night flowed well. Michael was quick to respond to emails and the night went as well as it could have. We couldn't have asked for anything more, thanks again Michael!!!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Tim · Married on 07/02/2016

Mike did the music for our ceremony and reception was incredible. He was able to take the songs we requested and create a playlist that was really amazing. The dance floor was packed the entire time! He also had no problem switching it up mid-dance party when we asked for songs that weren't on our original list.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Michael · Married on 06/25/2016

DJ Michael O'Neill is top-notch!

My wife and I are particular about the music that we listen to - we're not really top-40 hits kind of people. We wanted our wedding playlist to move with the theme of the night: songs from Paul Simon, Arcade Fire, and Prince during cocktails and dinner; and Motown classics, Mackelmore and 90s hip-hop to keep the dance party going through the night.

Mike was a real professional throughout all of the planning of our reception - and most importantly, very punctual - never once did I wait more than an hour for a response from an email.

Mike was incredibly easy to work with in regard to playlist planning - he's not just a guy with some high-end audio equipment, hes a music lover, and knows what songs work and what songs don't. If you want people dancing at your ceremony, or if you're worried about getting the grandmas and grandpas out on the dance floor, Mike knows how to do it!

Unfortunately, I don't plan on getting married again, but if I was, I'd book Mike again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Allison · Married on 06/04/2016

I was pretty laid back about every part of my wedding except the music. Michael had by far the hardest job of anyone at the wedding and he executed it flawlessly. I had a very specific cocktail hour list, in addition to very specific introductions & music for the introductions, which required some specific editing and transitions. He did it all, never once was put out or complained about it, and gave me the absolute perfect soundtrack to our wedding. The guests raved about his music selections and people were crowded on the dance floor until the very last song. All of our guests said they can't remember the last time they danced so much. He kept the night running smoothly and coordinated with the caterer to make sure things moved apace (I didn't have a wedding coordinator, so it was DJ Michael & the caterer who did it all!) In the weeks leading up to the wedding, non-wedding life stuff got very stressful and just the tone of his emails totally changed my mindset and got me excited for my own wedding. You won't find a better DJ or a better price. So, hire him, then tip him, because he'll give you a better night than you could have imagined.

Sent on 06/16/2016

Brittany · Married on 05/07/2016

We loved Michael! From the initial meeting to the last song, Michael went above and beyond to make sure we had exactly what we wanted for music during the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Our ceremony and reception was at the Portsmouth Country Club and he was able to provide ceremony music outside, cocktail hour music in the lower level patio, and reception music upstairs in the ballroom.

He is an excellent MC- Michael helped the whole wedding party (including a frazzled bride and groom at times!) throughout the day with professionalism.

His ability to get a crowd dancing and maintain a fun energy is why I would recommend him to any bride and groom. Many of our guests complimented the DJ and his choice of music throughout the night. The last few songs he had everyone on the dance floor! He will give you complete autonomy of your playlist if you so chose; however we chose to let Michael take the reigns on the music and he did not disappoint!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Michael was recently our DJ at our wedding at the Barn at Gibbett Hill in Groton,MA. We could not have been happier with our decision to have him DJ our wedding! He was professional, classy and a pleasure to work with. He kept the guests dancing all night, and my husband and I never left the dance floor. He played all of our requests, and it's clear he knows what he's doing. We would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a phenomenal DJ for their wedding!

Sent on 03/05/2016

Lisa · Married on 11/21/2015

DJ Michael O'Neil was fantastic! My husband and I are very particular when it comes to our music, Michael listened to us and curated all the music to our tastes while keeping people on the dance floor the entire time. He was very professional and super easy to work with. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 12/15/2015

shelby · Married on 10/09/2015

Michael was SUCH AN AMAZING DJ.

Michael came recommended to me by a friend who had attended her friend’s wedding, and both my husband and I could not have been happier with our choice. Michael was an extraordinary DJ and he kept the party going all night – I don’t think the dance floor emptied once! He was extremely professional and didn’t do any gimmicky stuff to draw attention to himself (long winded introductions, cheesy games/songs, etc) – he made sure the night was about both my husband and I. He met with us beforehand to go over song requests for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and was sure to get our somewhat unique song requests for the night. Beyond the few songs we requested (and the few we were dead set against) we just let Michael do his thing and pick the music himself and we could not have been more pleased - he knew exactly what song to play next and how to keep the energy up. My biggest fear for my wedding was having an empty dance floor…his advice to me was “the crowd goes where the bride goes – if you’re on the dance floor, they will be too” and he could not have been more right – I don’t think I’ve ever had so much fun dancing in my entire life. Seriously.

Michael also provided our uplighting and acted as our wedding coordinator and did a fantastic job at these two tasks as well.

Our wedding could not have been more perfect, and we owe a lot of that to Michael – we could not recommend him enough!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Michael was the DJ at our Cambridge Muliticultural Arts Center wedding this Fall and he was the best decision we made throughout the entire planning process. The dance floor was packed the entire night with our guests dancing to song after song of awesomeness. He played all of our requested songs and all of the songs that he chose on his own were spot on. So many guests (young and old) came up to me during the night to tell me that the playlist was incredible.
    More importantly, Michael knows his stuff. Like all brides, I was a little nervous about how the night would go. I didn't have a wedding planner to make sure everything flowed perfectly so I relied a lot on creating a schedule beforehand and making sure the vendors were all in agreement. You may not expect a DJ to have a big role in the logistics of the evening, but they certainly do. From the cocktail hour, to dinner, to the toasts, cake cutting, and parent dances, Michael's experience shines during weddings and he knows how to make the night pass seamlessly. We started planning with him almost a year and half before our wedding day and he was by far the most responsive and nicest vendor we worked with. He even edited our first dance song for us. Once he knew what our ideas were for our event, he reassured us not to worry about anything and he executed every detail perfectly.
    If you need a DJ, Michael is your guy. The reviews could not be more accurate; he is incredible and deserves every single one of these accolades.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Athena · Married on 09/20/2015

My husband and I could not have picked a better DJ for our wedding at Zorvino Vineyards this fall! Michael played all of our requests, and all of the songs he chose to play on his own were perfect. Our dance floor was packed the entire night. In fact, the bartenders at Zorvino told my parents at the end of the night that our wedding was the best Sunday night wedding they've ever seen, and they attributed this to the fact that people were up and dancing throughout the entire event! Something else that I really appreciated about Michael was that any time a guest requested a song, he made sure to find either my husband or I first to ask if it was okay. We were his number one priority the entire night.

Aside from Michael playing a big role in making sure our wedding reception was the party we wanted, he was so helpful and accommodating through our planning process. My family had some very specific/particular requests when it came to playing some more of the traditional Greek songs for Greek dances, and Michael spent a lot of time going over this with us to make sure he got it right. One of my favorite parts of the entire wedding was looking around and seeing literally every guest up on the dance floor trying to Greek dance with my family!

Finally, Michael was very knowledgeable with his recommendations for other aspects besides just songs - parent dances, cutting the cake, how much time to allot for different parts of the night, etc.

I can't say enough amazing things about our experience with Michael as our wedding DJ. Book him now before others do!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Absolutely wonderful! We had Patrick McIntyre as our DJ and he was so amazing to work with. He was responsive by email from the time we hired him months before the wedding, and was available to talk as much as needed the week of the wedding. He worked with our musicians to set them up as we discussed, and was a consistent but invisible presence at the wedding! I didn't worry about set up at all thanks to Patrick. He also put on a really great dance party, making sure to incorporate our style while also playing a bunch of fan favorites. He was our favorite vendor! I definitely recommend Patrick, or any of the DJs that work for Michael's company. Phenomenal service and great people.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Haley · Married on 09/12/2015

Michael was absolutely the best wedding DJ we could have asked for. Even our venue (that does about 50-60 weddings a year and is a full time music venue) said he was by far one of the best DJ's they have ever had the privilege to work with. He did the music for our ceremony, appetizer hour, dinner, and dancing. He played all our must plays, stayed away from all of our do not plays, and had our dance floor packed all night. He even announced Big Papi's 500th home run during our reception (after checking with us of course), and worked with the maid of honor/ best man to provide the perfect musical accompaniment to their slideshow speeches. More than just being a great DJ he is also a great guy; super personable and very professional. Would absolutely recommend to anyone looking for the perfect DJ for their big day!

Sent on 09/17/2015

We had a great experience with Michael. He was easy to communicate with during the planning and really guided us through the information he needed to make the night run smoothly. He played all our must plays, none of our do-not-plays, and he had the dancefloor full of all ages all night! He even gave us cd's of our requested songs. Plus he was a great MC when needed, but also didn't otherwise interrupt the party. He is a great guy and we would wholeheartedly recommend him!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Brittany · Married on 12/06/2014

The best part about Michael was his professionalism. When I emailed him a year ago to inquire about pricing he emailed me back within a few minutes. We met with him and loved him instantly! His first comment was that if you play the right song after song then people will be on the dance floor all night long---and believe me they were! He easily flowed a variety of great dance music for the large variety of people at our wedding. Everyone from my 80 year old Grandparents to my 18 year old cousins were on the dance floor. We had an absolute blast and cannot wait to hire Michael for our next event!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Bob · Married on 11/15/2014

We just had Michael DJ our wedding reception at the Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center and he was fantastic! We could tell from our first meeting that he’s a total professional, and knows how to create the type of party you’re looking for by asking some great questions and filling in the rest with his expertise. Another thing we loved about him – Michael doesn’t do that heavy-handed self-promotion thing. No banners or signs, just great announcing and music that kept our evening on track and got everyone on the dance floor!

Michael made the music planning process really simple, with great song suggestions for some key moments. Our song list was kind of all over the place, but he turned it into a great playlist for the night! He was always on top of the crowd’s mood and adjusted to keep the energy up. The music was so good he even had my mom dancing, which I didn’t think was possible!

I highly recommend hiring Michael if you have the opportunity!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Anna · Married on 10/12/2014

We had heard michael from one of our good friends weddings and we knew we wanted him to do our wedding at that time, and we are very glad we went with him! He was so helpful and responsive whenever I emailed him about song suggestions and recommendations. We only chose a few songs we wanted to hear and let him do the rest- he played a great mix of older more classic wedding songs and modern songs- everyone was on the dance floor, including my mom, which is not an easy thing to do! We had people telling us they had such a great time on the dance floor. He has gave us a cd of songs from our wedding and a trivia book he had written which was a great personal touch. I highly recommend Michael for any wedding!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Kristin · Married on 09/20/2014

My husband and I are so lucky to have had Michael dj our wedding. Music was a big deal to us and Michael was a joy to work with. We had a wide range of requests- polka, indie, pop, and classic- which Michael executed flawlessly. We couldn't be happier with the way the day turned out. Leading up to the wedding, Michael was very accommodating and understanding. We can't thank him enough for setting the perfect tone to the start of our life together! I HIGHLY recommend Michael to anyone looking for an affordable, amazing, and top notch dj!

Sent on 01/24/2015

Axel · Married on 08/30/2014

Michael DJ'ed our wedding reception this summer, and I can tell you unequivocally that he was worth every penny. He was extremely easy to work with and completely unfazed when we told him we needed to have music in a different room for cocktail hour, two different dining rooms, and a separate area for dancing. No problem. When the bridesmaids tried to play a surprise video and their speakers weren't loud enough, he came to the rescue without being asked, connected his own speakers and had it all working in two minutes. And then there's the music itself. We worked out a music plan together ahead of time, but Michael knew what to play when and the dance floor was full the entire night. If you have a chance to snag Michael as your DJ, do it! I cannot recommend him enough.

Sent on 11/06/2014