83 Reviews for DJ MaShane

Sound/PA System (3)
Projector (2)
One Event Per Day (1)

Paul and Shane are the BEST from beginning to end

Shane far exceeded my expectations , the personalizing all of it amazing - truly amazing !!! We are so greathful we found you and spend the best day of our lives with is
Us and our guest had the best time.
Shane I miss you already my friend.

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Shane was, in a word, AWESOME. After our wedding ended we had multiple guests ask for his card because he got everyone dancing. The biggest complaint from guests was that he played too many good songs and they didn't want to take a break! People of all ages were dancing, he was a great MC and helped us to develop a timeline of events, his advice was awesome. In fact he knew with a nod that we were ready to have our (somewhat lengthy) first dance song start to fade out. He also helped us with the uplighting in the room and we had a custom globo light that he placed in just the right location. I cannot say enough good things about DJ MaShane. Affordable, professional, all around great DJ!

Profile Picture Jacqueleen, 8/7/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We met with a lot of different vendors while planning our wedding, but after our meeting with Shane we knew we did not need to meet with any other DJ's. We were looking for a very classy ceremony which we wanted to slowly transition to more of a party and get everyone up on the dance floor. DJ MaShane was the perfect man for the job. Shane is really a down to earth person and easy to talk and joke with which made working with him so much easier. Paul was also great and very responsive to emails with questions and concerns. Together they have the perfect company! We really enjoyed the creative twists DJ MaShane offers as well such as the roll the dice for a kiss rather than the clanking of glasses and the different ways he has to give away the centerpieces. After our meetings, Shane knew exactly what we were looking for and our wedding day went perfectly. Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, was on the dance floor! We also got up lighting, a light up monogram and a photo both through them. We got so many compliments about our amazing DJ and everyone loved the up lighting and photo booth. The dance floor was full until they kicked us out. Thanks so much, Shane and Paul! You were an integral part of our perfect day and we are so thrilled with how everything went! By far the best DJ service around!

Profile Picture Kerrin, 7/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

DJ MaShane was amazing! I can't tell you how many compliments we got and ALL our guests were on the dance floor the entire night. He was easy to work with, communicative, reasonably priced and even figured out a way to cut our first dance down a bit even though we asked him to do so right before the first dance was going to start. I highly recommend DJ MaShane - he sure knows how to keep a group on the dance floor!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 6/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Shane was awesome! We really wanted to find a DJ who we clicked with and understood our musical preferences. After our first meeting, we knew he would be a great fit. He had our party dancing all night and played a great mix of music to appeal to all of our guests, while sticking to our own musical tastes. He was a great MC and helped keep the mood up without seeming too chatty like some DJs can be. We appreciated how he took the time to get to know us and the feel we were going for with our wedding. He was so flexible, friendly and professional. When we found out that the piano was going to be out of our church on our wedding weekend, they were able to very affordably include the ceremony and travel to the church as part of our package. We also did uplighting and a custom monogram, which really transformed our venue and took our reception to a whole other level. Our guests also LOVED the photobooth. It was worth every penny! We have some absolutely priceless pictures of our guests. I'm so glad we decided to use Shane and his team for all of our entertainment and lighting. Thank you for helping to make our wedding amazing!!

Profile Picture Colleen, 4/30/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Photobooth, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

DJ Mashane did an awesome job at our recent wedding at the Hotel Viking on 11/21. The up-lighting looked AMAZING! Totally worth having! It really pulls the space together! The music he played during the ceremony sounded great and exactly what we requested. The music during dinner in the ballroom was PERFECT! After dinner, DJ Mashane really played a GREAT variety of music - almost everyone was up dancing the night away. After the wedding, I had several rave reviews about the music from our family and friends. DJ Mashane and Paul, I cant thank you enough. You were truly terrific to work with and I would recommend your services to anyone! We are happy to be a future reference if needed.

Thanks again, guys! Happy Holidays!
~Holly & David

Profile Picture Holly, 11/21/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dj Shane was absolutely amazing! We couldn't have asked for a better Dj for our big day. He always had great ideas from song choices to the layout of the night and we only had to say a couple of words and he knew exactly what we wanted. It was like he knew us our whole lives. My husband is brazilian so he asked if Dj Shane could play some brazilian/ Portuguese music and he stepped up to the plate! He took the challenge and exceeded our expectations. He blended the songs beautifully together like they were meant to be mixed and our wedding guests never left the dance floor the whole night. The up lighting was beautiful along with the floor monogram. Again the professionalism and quality is top notch and we didn't have to break the bank for what we wanted which was great! We are so thankful to have had such a great Dj to make our night perfect! Thanks again!

Profile Picture Corina, 11/15/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We used DJ MaShane for our wedding in October and he was fantastic!! I originally hired him because I photographed a wedding he was DJ'ing before, and thought he did a great job! Since then, I had worked with many others and he always stuck out in my mind, so once I got engaged, I knew he was the one we would choose and he didn't disappoint! Kept the crowd on the dance floor and played a wide variety of music that everyone enjoyed. Would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Shayna, 10/30/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The quality of the service is definitely what they promised. Shane had creative ideas for making the night fun for us and all of our guests. The uplighting and monogram were fantastic and the dice game was super fun. The photo booth was also a big hit.
Paul was great at checking in, staying on top of details, and following up on all of our questions and needs. He definitely made sure everything was as we wanted it.
There was a bit of upselling, but it was not pushy, and since we were able to negotiate, the drone was worth it in the end. Our advice would be to read the contract thoroughly and make sure there is full understanding of each part.
Shane's energy and enthusiasm were what made us sign with him after our first meeting and it was his personality that made our wedding reception shine. His music choices and professionalism were a hit with all age groups. We loved working with him, received many compliments from guests, and would highly recommend him to others.

Profile Picture Jenna, 10/24/15, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Videography

Shane is by far the best wedding DJ in Rhode Island! We have been to 4 weddings (all close friends) and he was the DJ. Each wedding was perfect. He's fun and keeps the music upbeat so people were dancing all night. At each one of the weddings the music was completely different and the end result was the same with everyone dancing all night long. He customized the music to what worked for each wedding. Paul was great with handling the communication for the wedding and answered my emails very quickly. I would totally recommend them!

I also rented their photobooth. It was a great value and very high quality. My guests used it for almost the entire 3 hours. The props were great and photos came out perfect.

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/23/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Shane and Paul were great. Im so happy we picked them to DJ our wedding. Best night ever, mainly because of Shane's awesome song selection. I was dancing all night long!

Profile Picture User5570862, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Shane first did a friend of mines wedding a few years ago and did a great job!! I knew I would want him for mine. He got everyone out on the dance floor, all of my guest said that they had a blast!! It was such an amazing night!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Shane is absolutely awesome and it was a blast to work with him from the start! He really knows how to throw a party and he did just that! He had my guests dancing before they were even finished with their dinner and they didn't stop the whole night. He was absolutely perfect with timing and playing the right songs at the right times. His song choices were classy and also a ton of fun for the younger crowd to dance to. A DJ is one of the most important pieces of a wedding given that they are the major source of entertainment and all of my guests could not stop telling me how much fun they had. I know I made the perfect choice! He did a fantastic encore at my guests' request. He also suggested a remix version of our intro song when we were being introduced and the wedding party and guests loved it! No one sat down the entire night. I also must say that Paul was fantastic to work with!!! He is great with checking in, answering promptly and making sure to answer all questions. I can't thank you both enough!

Profile Picture Kate, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
4.3

We chose DJ Mashane after careful research, helpful reviews and an in person meeting. We were confident that Paul and Shane could meet the needs of our offbeat wedding. Both guys were friendly and very approachable. We booked well in advance and explained the feel we wanted to create with lighting and music. I feel like if there were one thing I'd change about the wedding would have been better communication to ensure that clear boundaries were established. Again, we chose to have an untraditional wedding that was very interactive and Shane got swept up in the fun of it all. We loved the lighting and the monogram on the dance floor. We love that Shane and Paul embraced our not so traditional ideas and helped to make our day special. I just wish that things were a bit more polished. Overall, we were satisfied with the service.

Profile Picture Amy, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

I can't say enough good things about DJ MaShane! From the moment we meet with him we both knew our wedding was going to be great but we didn't know how great it was going to be. Music selection was great. He had everyone on the dance floor from young to old and didn't use any of the "typical" wedding songs as we asked him not too. We wanted knew songs because they have a better dance beat but he did some remixes of old songs to bring in a newer feel to them and all my friends absolutely loved it.

Photo booth was great along with the uplighting really changed the ballroom for the better.

Profile Picture User5572946, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Videography
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Couldn't be happier! My wedding on 9/12 was everything we could have hoped for and more. Everyone raved about how much fun they had and I definitely owe a lot of that to Shane and Paul. They listened to all my requests and the uplighting looked amazing!

Profile Picture Christie, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ MaShane was the DJ for out August 2015 wedding in Middletown, RI. DJ MaShane and Paul were always pleasant, professional, and quick to respond to our questions. Their prices are also very competitive. When we made last minute changes by moving our ceremony site off the venue, Shane was very flexible and pulled it off without a hitch. Shane really catered to my wedding crowd and kept the party going all night. DJ MaShane is very talented and creative in mixing songs. All of my guests raved about how much fun they had dancing and how great the music was at our wedding. I highly recommend him for any event, especially your wedding!

Profile Picture Jenna, 8/28/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Absolutely LOVED working with Shane and Paul! From the first time we communicated with them, they were warm, welcoming and very easy to work with. They are very quick to respond to all forms of communication. Shane took the time to get to know us as a couple and to help us figure out exactly what we needed to make our wedding a success.

Our ceremony was outdoors, so we were concerned about our guests hearing the ceremony. Shane provided lapel microphones and a great sound system. Everything was crystal clear and all of our guests were able to hear the ceremony clearly. He was also very helpful (and patient!) in helping us to select songs for the ceremony.

The reception was amazing. My husband's family is Dominican, and we wanted to have a nice mixture of music, so everyone would have a chance to dance. Shane got everyone on the dance floor and kept them there all night. We provided very little in the way of "must play" songs, and Shane was awesome at reading the crowd and keeping everyone happy and dancing.

We 100% recommend DJ MaShane! You will not be disappointed. It's been nearly 5 months since the wedding and we are still receiving compliments about DJ MaShane!

Profile Picture User5523746, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

They were easily contacted, quick to respond. They were very receptive to my special requests.

Profile Picture User5275460, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews

Profile Picture Marlene, 7/10/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Shane was fantastic! He kept everyone dancing and was very responsive throughout the planning process. Loved that there was a "Do Not Play" list so we didn't have to worry about any songs we didn't want to hear being played. I highly suggest booking Shane for any event.

Profile Picture Brian, 7/10/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our experience with Shane was amazing! He gave us such a fun wedding and he did all the work! His games are hilarious and really get the crowd going. The Harlem Shake video is a blast as well. I would recommend Shane to anyone that wants to throw a FUN wedding!

Profile Picture Julia, 6/27/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Him and his crew were amazing! They did a great job! Perfect variety of music and played everything I asked for! Two thumbs up:)

Profile Picture User6047069, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I met DJ MaShane and his partner, Paul Duffy a little over year before my wedding date of March 20, 2015. Our meeting went really well and I could tell instantly that not only was this a great business to work with for our wedding entertainment services, but that Shane was going to be the PERFECT DJ for the best day of our lives.

We are now 3 days post-wedding, and my husband and I can't stop absolutely raving about how AMAZING DJ MaShane was and how INCREDIBLY HAPPY we are to have chosen him and had his talent at our wedding celebration. We spent time with him prior to the wedding expressing our vision for our ceremony and reception music and he took great care in learning our likes and dislikes and what we hoped to have happen along with what didn't. He was an outstanding MC and was professional, respectful and provided everything we wanted and more. We couldn't be happier to express the fact that DJ MaShane was SO FAR BEYOND OUR WILDEST DREAMS for our wedding entertainment. We sincerely recommend him to anyone looking for the BEST entertainment services for your wedding ceremony and/or reception.

Profile Picture Rachel, 3/20/15, 5 Reviews
4.7

Shane was awesome! He has a great personality, is so easy to work with and knows his music! He was professional, did a great job and took the time to make sure he had the correct pronunciation of each of the bridal's party name's, Highly recommend Shane if you want a fun night with everyone on the dance floor!

Profile Picture stacey, 3/20/15, 2 Reviews