DJ Lee Waddell Musical Host Services Reviews

90 | Clifton Park, NY

90 Reviews for DJ Lee Waddell Musical Host Services

Mollie · Married on 05/28/2016

Lee was phenomenal!!!!! We and our guests had so much fun at our wedding!!! It really was the best day ever, and Lee was a pretty big part of that. He complimented the order of events at all the right parts, playing piano beautifully to lead the bridal party into the ceremony, playing all of our choices for the cocktail hour, and then setting the whole tone of the reception~ he had us all dancing right away and on into the night!!! We closed the place down. Every one of our guests talked about how much fun the wedding was. He fit all of the details we wanted into the reception and he did so in a way that helped make it fun and more natural, not forced or stiff. Lee was so friendly and professional himself, truly wonderful to work with!!! You would be crazy not to work with him.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Nicole · Married on 05/22/2016

Lee did an awesome job - so great that we hired him twice! First for my brother's bar mitzvah 11 years ago, and then again for our wedding this spring. Very professional & knows how to get a crowd dancing.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Jessica · Married on 11/14/2015

What can I say about Lee Waddell, other than amazing!!! I had such a tough time finding a DJ that fit our style, but when Lee welcomed us into his home we knew by the end that we found our DJ! I booked Lee almost 2 years out from the time our wedding was going to take place, and throughout the months I would come up with random obscure questions. Lee was fantastic at getting back to me within the day most times even though our event was still months away. Two weeks before the wedding we met with Lee again to go over all the small details and to find the perfect songs for specific dances. We were having trouble pin pointing a few songs and Lee within minutes was able to find a song that suit both of our personalities. The day of the event Lee played a piano during cocktail hour which was a huge hit with all of my guest, it was so elegant and perfect for the mingling portion of the night. On into the reception portion of the evening Lee was able to keep track of the time and maintained a perfect pace from one dance into another, along with dinner and cake cutting activities. I never once had to worry about when something was going to happen, cause Lee was already on top of it, he communicated with other vendors in ensuring everything went smoothly. We ended our evening with a Christmas song as the holiday season was just around the corner and my guest has such a ball with this concept along with all of the amazing song choices throughout the evening. I requested to have a clock of 90's boy bands played and me and my girls danced the night away. As my husband and his sister engaged in an amazing rap battle in the middle of the dance floor! Lee Waddell we want to thank you so much for your amazing work, our guest had an amazing time and we are so very thankful for everything you did to play a part in our special day!

Sent on 12/13/2015

DJ Lee Waddell Musical Host Services's reply:

Thanks sooooo much for your kind words Jessica! You both were terrific to work for! You made my week since I strive to exceed my clients' expectations! Happy Holidays!!!!!!

Lee

Lisa · Married on 10/16/2015

Lee was a phenomenal DJ, and an extremely kind and extremely professional person to work with. He came recommended to me from saratoga national as well as my photographers, and I couldn't be happier we got him. His voice and delivery of everything during the event is perfect. He plays the piano beautifully during dinner, and he gets the crowd PUMPED. And dancing all night long. Awesome awesome awesome!!! Lisa and Billy!! 10/16

Sent on 10/23/2015

I used DJ Lee Waddell for my October wedding this year and he was absolutely wonderful to work with! Not only did he take the time to learn music to be played at the wedding venue itself, but also was more than willing to help make some last minute changes in regards to timing and the venue. Very easy to work with and does a wonderful job of getting everyone up and dancing! I would absolutely recommend him to any bride!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Megan · Married on 09/26/2015

Lee Waddell not only was the DJ at my wedding but also my sisters! My sister wedding is where it all started! Lee knows how to get the party started and keep it going!
    I looked at maybe one other DJ and Lee had to be it! I met Lee almost one year before our wedding because I needed a special favor from him! I wanted to do a cool memorable dance with my dad! I asked Lee not knowing what I was getting myself into,to make a mix tape. I had him first use "stealing Cinderella" then a threw about 10 various dance songs. Well then we starting going to our dance lessons and the teacher suggested that it was to many songs for my dad to be busting a move! So after Lee worked so hard on the first mix tape at my request,I had to ask him to redo it! He did it happily and made it work and let me tell you,that's one of the talks of our wedding oh and that everyone's feet hurt cause everyone was dancing all night!!
    Lee also has cool up lighting and light signs(if that's what you call it lol) so we had a names on the wall for the first time!! It was such a cool touch and the up lighting made the pictures and ambience look great!!
    Bottom lie Lee Wadell is a great DJ and will always be #1 in my book and will recommend him to anyone !!

Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Megan · Married on 09/26/2015

We CANNOT say enough about Lee Waddell!!! From the very start, we knew we had found an awesome wedding DJ. We had a great first phone meeting with Lee - he made us feel comfortable and secure right from the start. We told him what we were looking for and what we valued and he made us feel very confident in his ability as a DJ. Closer to our wedding day, we had a great in-person planning meeting with Lee, where we talked through all the pertinent details of our reception and really ironed everything out. This meeting was super helpful and really calmed my nerves about things going smoothly. On the day of the event, he arrived on time and was an AWESOME DJ ... from making our wedding party introductions, announcing the speeches and first dances, and then keeping the dance floor alive - Lee did it all! We even unexpectedly made a mid-reception switch of the dance floor location, and without breaking stride - Lee changed the location of his speakers without any complaint. In addition to being our DJ, we hired Lee to play the keyboard at our outdoor ceremony. We even asked him to play with a violinist that he had never played with before! Lee did this amazingly well. His ceremony music was beautiful and exactly what we had asked for. We are SO grateful for everything he did for us!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Britta · Married on 08/01/2015

Lee was wonderful to work with and we couldn't have asked for a better Dj!! We met with Lee a few weeks before our wedding and we had many specific requests. Lee was attentive, professional,and invested throughout our interactions. Lee flawlessly incorporated each and every request into our reception. Lee was able to read our guests and managed to keep the dance floor packed from start to finish! My husband and I highly recommend Lee!! -Britta and Tom Albany Country Club 8/1/15

Sent on 11/11/2015

Andrew · Married on 07/24/2015

Lee was fantastic! He was professional, flexible, yet very personable and did a wonderful job at our wedding reception. He mixed in some of our favorite songs, played the piano beautifully during cocktail hour and dinner, and kept our family and friends dancing all night (and we are not a family of dancers). I cannot thank Lee enough for making our wedding such a wonderful experience and highly recommend him. I had high expectations for our special day and he exceed them. Thank you Lee!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Working with Lee was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. From our initial meeting with him through the end of the reception, he was nothing but professional, kind, responsive and personal. We didn't give him much direction for what we wanted played during our reception but he took what few thoughts we had and turned it into an amazing night! The dance floor was filled from start to finish and multiple people have commented on how great he was. He made sure everything ran smoothly and always double checked with us before making any changes throughout the night. If you're planning your wedding and you hire Lee, I guarantee that the music and flow of the afternoon/evening is one thing you will not have to stress about. Simply a fantastic DJ and an overall great person. We highly recommend him!!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Carla · Married on 07/03/2015

DJ Lee Waddell was absolutely fantastic! When we initially met with Lee, he made us feel very confident that he would provide a fun party atmosphere, but also in a tasteful way, which was important to us. Through the whole pre-wedding process Lee was incredibly helpful. He gave great suggestions, responded to emails very quickly, and even adjusted the uplighting colors he had so that they were more in line with the color of purple that our bridesmaids wore. At the wedding itself Lee was awesome - he kept the whole reception running smoothly by coordinating with our banquet venue for all of the reception events - the first dances, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc. He also helped immensely by announcing photos that were taking place, and asking certain groups (college alumni, brides side of family, etc) to report for their photo. I didn't have to worry about coordinating any of these things - they just kept taking place seamlessly. Lee's music selection was PERFECT. We had told him we wanted the older generation to have songs they would dance to and enjoy, as well as the more modern party songs for our friends to party to, and Lee made the combination happen perfectly. The older songs he played were also great "oldies" songs everyone knows, so it was a win-win. Every single wedding attendee who spoke to me told me they loved our DJ! We had the dance floor packed the entire night. One of the best things I want to note about Lee is that he really listened to our requests - not just specific songs, but he understood the atmosphere we wanted, and he worked hard to make that happen. Some other DJs we had spoken with informed us we had to "let them do their jobs", but Lee was more than happy to really listen to what we wanted, and then made it a reality. And finally, his prices are extremely reasonable, and his equipment was a very classy setup. We couldn't have asked for anything more and I would recommend Lee's DJ services 100%!!

Sent on 07/24/2015

Erin · Married on 06/27/2015

Lee was wonderful from beginning to end! My sister had Lee as her DJ as well, and he was fantastic so we decided to go with him. After we met with him initially prior to booking, Lee made us feel instantly comfortable! Lee is professional, and has a cool/calm/collected personality. When we met with Lee before our wedding at his studio, he played the piano for us, offered us a drink and food, and made us feel 100% comfortable. Can't beat the fact that he can play the piano for your ceremony! He designed our entrance song to be what we wanted it to be (a looped section of a song)... and he played all the songs we requested! Our ceremony was supposed to be outside, and we had to move it in due to weather, and I was quite emotional about it. Lee gave me a hug and was genuinely concerned about how I was feeling. He is a great guy, and my guests all commented on what a good party he threw! Can't go wrong with Lee!

Sent on 06/29/2015

P & B · Married on 06/14/2015

Lee was awesome. He went out of his way to make our day special and unforgettable.
    From playing piano for the ceramony, to getting the wedding party going... He was amazing!!!
    He made us feel special with the attention he provided to details before the wedding, to make sure that everything was smooth during.
    We highly recommend him to anyone who wants to have the best.

Sent on 01/20/2016

Lexi · Married on 05/23/2015

My husband and I used Lee for our wedding in May. Lee was very quick to respond to any questions or concerns we had. He listened to everything we asked. He was extremely thorough in going over anything and everything we needed for our big day, including things we had not even thought of! He kept our wedding lively and fun. He had everyone up and dancing! I highly recommend ANYONE looking for an amazing DJ to contact Lee!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Josh · Married on 05/16/2015

Lee was awesome!!
    He was very accommodating to our wishes and went with the flow of what we wanted through our preparation meetings right through the night of the reception. If we didn't really know what we wanted for a certain part of the reception, like a time line or song, he gave great options which made it easy for us to make selections we liked.
    He was also flexible when we made last minute changes to introductions, he had no issues doing what we requested. He's a great DJ and I would definitely recommend him

Sent on 05/31/2015

Nicole · Married on 03/07/2015

Lee was our DJ and he was fantastic. My sister and her husband had their wedding a year prior to our wedding date and she regretted her DJ choice up to this very day. My husband and I did not want to repeat her horrible DJ experience so we made it a high priority to do our research. We begin asking friends and friends of friends for DJ recommendations. Lee was one of their recommendations. Our DJ choices were narrowed down to three recommended DJs. We also went to wedding wire and was delighted by the testimonies we read about his services. After meeting with Lee for the first time, my husband and I were sold. He understood what we wanted and was also able to make excellent suggestions that worked out very well. On our wedding day we had some last minute requests and he accommodated them no problem. He remained professional from our initial contact to the very end. His calm and confident nature put us at ease and it really helped to brighten our special day. During our wedding he was so energetic, enthusiastic and fun. My guests had a blast and even commented us on finding him. In fact, I have both a family member and a friend who were at our wedding who have used him for their special occasion. I recommend Lee 100%, he really helped to make our wedding day unforgettable.

Sent on 04/07/2015

Amy · Married on 11/08/2014

Lee was our wedding DJ on Nov 8, 2014 and he was fabulous from our first correspondence to the day of the wedding! We really appreciated his calm and positive nature when we met with him. We were definitely looking for a fun, upbeat (yet non-obnoxious) DJ and Lee fit the bill perfectly. The DJ really sets the vibe for the entire reception; we had witnessed Lee in action at a friend's wedding and were thrilled he could take our date. He offered his live keyboard talents for our cocktail hour and we are so glad we went with that option as our guests really enjoyed the live music. Lee offered great suggestions for the flow of the reception when we met with him prior to the wedding, which worked out wonderfully on our day. He also did a terrific job introducing our wedding party and us, and kept track of all our details. We ended up throwing a few last-minute requests his way the day of the wedding and he made accommodations for each request, which we truly appreciated. I'm sure it's not easy dealing with crazed brides the day of the wedding, but Lee's gentle, reassuring nature made me feel like our requests weren't a hassle and therefore truly helped make our day as amazing as it was. My husband and I would HIGHLY recommend Lee's musical services to all! Thank you so much, Lee!!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Caroline · Married on 10/10/2014

Lee was absolutely amazing. He made everything come together and kept the party going straight through to the very end. He was so much fun and is very easy to work with. The music, tone, and atmosphere was a blast, all thanks to his great work!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Lisa · Married on 09/13/2014

Lee was our DJ for our wedding at The Boathouse in Lake George. He broadcasted our ceremony (mic for officiant + music), emcee'd the reception, and dj'ed the dance party. He was amazing and we had an absolute blast!!

From the very beginning of our partnership when he cut specific words out of songs with a 2 hour turnaround time on a national holiday, to the very last song on our special day, he was an incredible person to work with. We are so lucky we found him.

We were particularly grateful to have Lee at the musical helm as we tried to balance entertaining our guests with the last-minute changes of plans due to an allergic reaction I had from eating a nut-filled granola bar. He was so flexible and positive, and his ability to not only go with the flow but help re-organize the flow saved our wedding.

We whole-heartedly recommend him!!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Katie · Married on 09/06/2014

We had Lee DJ our wedding in September 2014. He was fantastic! He provided a lot of great energy for the dance floor and kept the mood going. In meeting with Lee prior to the wedding he was professional yet laid back. I had some specific ideas for music that I wanted played and he was very accommodating. We also worked with Lee on designing a monogrammed light for the dance floor and uplighting for around the room. He made the process really easy and we had a lot of compliments about how beautiful the lighting was. We would highly recommend him!

Sent on 01/28/2015

Stacy · Married on 08/30/2014

Working with Lee on our wedding was an absolute delight! As a wedding planner, I had worked with Lee on several weddings and his professionalism was so impressive that I didn't think twice about hiring him for my own wedding.

My husband and I are so happy with the way he helped us plan our wedding music; he is a great listener and was very conscious of our ideas and preferences on the wedding day. We had requested "no party dance" songs - but when my flower girl made a special request for one he checked with me first before playing it. He always had our interests in mind and it he kept the atmosphere perfect.

Lee also worked very well with our other vendors, including assisting our coordinator with microphone set up. He really went above and beyond. I highly recommend DJ Lee for your wedding or event!

Sent on 01/05/2015

Michaela · Married on 08/23/2014

Lee was amazing to work with! He was recommended to us by our venue, The Century House (which was wonderful), and from the first meeting we knew he was the right choice for our wedding. Lee was very professional, and personable, it was like my husband and I were talking to a friend during our meetings leading up to the wedding. He took all of our thoughts and concerns into consideration, helped us with specific song choices, and was willing to take our request list and work songs into the wedding for us that we really wanted to hear. Throughout the wedding day everything was perfect! Lee was engaged with our guests, took their requests into account, and was so animated, hands on and engaged that you couldn't help but have fun!! We have gotten compliments on so many of our vendors and Lee was one of the first everyone raved about! He was truly a joy to work with and I would hire him everytime I need music services for now on. I know you will love him as much as we do!

Sent on 01/16/2015

DJ Lee did a phenomenal job at our wedding at the Inn at Erlowest! Not only was he instrumental in helping us plan every detail relating to music, but he actually helped me tremendously with all other aspect of our special day including the photography, flowers, and planning the flow of the night. He even brought a complimentary bottle of champagne for the longest married couple and helped me plan a surprise for my brother as it was his birthday. Lee also brought a projector with him so that some of our attendants could show pictures during their toasts. This man thinks of everything!

I was worried that we wouldn't have a lot of people on the dance floor, but DJ Lee fixed that problem in no time as he had an excellent read on guests and knows just how to get everyone on the dance floor! You know you have an excellent DJ when your friends continue to talk about him after the wedding and want to know if he can DJ the next happy hour! I would absolutely recommend DJ Lee to anyone who is interested in finding a DJ who will help you have the most perfect day ever! Thanks, Lee!

Sent on 08/14/2014

DJ Lee Waddell was great. He was professional start to finish. Our schedules are very busy and he was flexible regarding doing most of the business by phone and email. We met once and he got all the information he needed to make the ceremony and reception run smoothly. He respected our requests and everyone enjoyed the day. I would definitely recommend his services!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Anthony · Married on 05/06/2014

Lee was very accommodating and helpful during our wedding planning process. Even the day of the wedding he offered us help with some last minute details. The day of the rehearsal he drove all the way out to our venue to help us go over the timing of the ceremony music.

As far as DJing, Lee was right on with timing for our ceremony and reception songs and really helped keep the mood flowing smooth throughout the night.

Sent on 01/30/2015