DJ Hecktik Reviews

33 | Carpinteria, CA

33 Reviews for DJ Hecktik

1 User photo

Jeff · Married on 02/27/2016

Stop your search for a DJ and hire DJ Hecktik (Josh). He performed for our wedding in Santa Barbara at Bacara Resort in Feb 2016 and I honestly don't have enough words to describe how incredible he is. The dance floor was never even close to being empty. I've never seen a DJ that works so hard throughout the entire night to understand and feel the crowd until the very last song. He knew exactly what style kept people on the dance floor, what songs to play that kept the party rolling, and he stuck to what worked. At some weddings (a lot of weddings) there are those "awkward" moments of silence where people just walk off the dance floor when a new song is played. Not at our wedding! Although we discussed our style of music and had a couple "must play these songs" before the wedding, there was no preset "playlist". His mixes were effortless and energetic, representative of our style, and his transitions between songs were perfect, creative, tight, and seamless. One particular quick mix "Teach me How To Dougie mixed with Ice Cream Paint Job" brought the place down, and he even made a custom mix for the Bridal Party entrance! Everyone at our party wanted to know where we found him. He knows so many styles of music and can incorporate whatever you want or need. One of my friends is a notorious wall supporter, he just doesn't like to dance. At our wedding he closed the dance floor down. He even commented that he "doesn't dance", but just felt it that night. Thanks to DJ Hecktik!

Sent on 03/27/2016

Courtney · Married on 11/07/2015

DJ Hecktik (Josh) deejayed our wedding two weeks ago in San Luis Obispo, CA and it was absolutely perfect! From the booking process, to helping with song selection, and up until the day of our event, Josh was incredibly professional, punctual, and overall just wonderful. His online database of hundreds (probably more like thousands) of songs made creating our wedding playlist so much simpler than I had first imagined it would be. After we chose the songs, he then went through and decided which to play during dinner, organized who was giving speeches, etc and it all went so smoothly. Our dance floor was packed the entire reception with the perfect variety of songs and it truly was the most fun my husband and I have ever had, and I know our guests agreed! Thank you again Josh, you were a dream to work with & our wedding day couldn't have been any better!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Garrett · Married on 09/12/2015

Josh (DJ Hecktik) was an absolute pleasure to work with for our wedding in Carpinteria, CA. He’s got a great personality: he’s easy to talk to via email/phone and is super responsive (plus he has a great voice for speaking to your audience or introducing your wedding party). Beyond that, he is a veteran so you need not worry about any technical difficulties during your special day/event.

My wife and I had him setup in two locations (front yard for ceremony and reception, back yard for cocktail hour). He brought equipment to accommodate both areas fluidly so he didn’t need to move his entire station. We also had him mic-up our two acoustic guitarists who played during the ceremony, and he brought two Shure SM58s with mic-stands which worked perfectly. On top of that, he also brought up-lighting.

Josh knows a lot of people in the Santa Barbara/Carpinteria area and to my knowledge has quite a bit of experience DJ’ing at most locations in the area. He had previously worked with our wedding coordinator and DJ’d at the venue, which made it a breeze for my wife and I. He knew exactly where to park, exactly where to setup and didn’t bother us or the wedding coordinator with extraneous details during the day of.

My wife and I wanted to give our special day the vibe that depicted us, so we provided Josh with enough material to cover say half of each the pre-ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing and then let Josh do what he does best. It was clear that he understood who we are and what we like; moreover, his mastery of judging and reacting to our guests truly reflected his veteran abilities in the industry.

I really felt like I got more than what we paid for with Josh. He is very charismatic and professional, plus he even brought his DJ friend (DJ Epik?) at no extra charge. Plus, I asked Josh last minute to add in “Downtown” by Macklemore which had just come out and he scratched it into the dancing no problem. I’d absolutely use Josh again! Thank you Josh.

Sent on 12/02/2015
  • mrsRsquare

Regina · Married on 08/01/2015

We booked Josh about a year before our wedding and good music was one of our MUST haves for our wedding and we made the BEST selection by hiring Josh. He provided an excellent and easy tool to work with to select music for all aspects of the wedding. He made himself available to meet with us in person a few weeks before the wedding so that we could share our ideas and plans. Josh was open to all of our suggestions and offered his own ideas based on his experience. He even joined us at rehearsal so that he could play through our song choices for the ceremony while we were rehearsing. He worked hard to get the dance floor jumping and he was personable and friendly to all those that made song requests. We are already thinking of what we can plan so that we can hire him again!

Sent on 08/14/2015

John · Married on 07/26/2014

Perfection doesn't fully describe DJ Hecktik at our wedding. While we did provide guidance for the reception, he took the time to familiarize himself with our musical tastes and came well prepared with pre-ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner music that were perfect for us. He even had people enjoying the dance floor long before the "dancing" portion of the evening began. In fact, apart from the short period when everyone was eating, there was never a moment during the reception when the dance floor was empty. Once he did officially invite everyone to dance, he managed to deliver on his promise to get everyone dancing and kept them there throughout the night. Many of our guests complimented the music selections and almost all didn't want to leave when he announced the last song.

DJ Hecktik was extremely easy to work with and I couldn't recommend him more highly!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Hristo · Married on 09/06/2013

We had DJ Hecktik for our 2 day wedding in September and he did an absolutely outstanding job!!! He made sure everyone, the kids, our age friends, the elderly people and my family from out of the country were having lots of fun. He had a hard job to do by trying to entertain all people during the 2 day wedding but he did very well indeed!
    Thank you for the great entertainment, DJ Hecktik, and we can't wait to have you next time we do a big party.

-Hristo and Janelle Hristov

Sent on 11/21/2013

Christina · Married on 08/03/2013

DJ Hektik did an outstanding job on our wedding, was open to all our music suggestions and even had a few great ones of his own! Very professional while still maintaining a down to earth personality! Such a blessing to have him DJ our wedding!

Sent on 08/15/2013
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 08/11/2012

There are not enough golden stars for DJ Hecktik. He is the best DJ in town. He arrives and sets up early. He is professional and organized and a delight to work with. I own Weddings by the Sea and have no hesitation to recommend him to my clients. He engages guests from 4 years old on up to us "oldies." He works seamlessly with my couples to make their special wedding day the best day of their lives!!!

Sent on 09/26/2016