DJ Flounder Reviews

38 | Arlington, VA

38 Reviews for DJ Flounder

38 DJ Flounder Reviews

Meredith · Married on 06/02/2018

DJ Flounder was great! He was so responsive and always answered my questions, no matter how ridiculous! We had a change of ceremony venue a couple months out and he was very accommodating and made us feel very comfortable. Everyone spent the whole night dancing and kept talking about how much fun it was, and I really believe that was because of DJ Flounder!

Rebecca · Married on 11/05/2017

Flounder is the absolute BEST! He is extremely talented, listened to all my requests and concerned, and everyone at my wedding had an amazing time!

Chris · Married on 10/28/2017

DJ Flounder was the best DJ and so much fun to work with. His music styling and attention to our requests were amazing. The Sound was booming and the lights helped set the mood. Everyone had a blast, and the photobooth was also a big hit. I can't wait till our 1-year anniversary party, cuz this is the guy I want to be playing the music there. Thanks, Flounder!

Adam · Married on 10/15/2017

DJ Flounder was a great DJ - he did a great job of playing the type of music we like (which isn't necessarily top 40/typical wedding music) while keeping everything danceable. We loved the flow of the songs, and we got a lot of compliments on the music. We definitely recommend him!

C · Married on 06/03/2017

What a fun DJ to have at your wedding! He was very professional without losing the relaxed feel a DJ should have. DJ Flounder’s accommodation to our music requests (e.g. no cha-cha slides, occasional Frank Sinatra, etc.) was unparalleled, and ensured that the music matched OUR expectations, not his personal ones. I strongly recommend DJ Flounder to anyone looking for a fantastic DJ!

• Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 10/15/2016

DJ Flounder and his assistant made our big day even more special and amazing from start to finish! I (the bride) planned every detail of our wedding and Flounder's extra planning and request forms on the back end of his website made everything SO much easier for me! The music was absolutely on point and was everything we asked for and more! Every request we made was played and the rest of the music he selected couldn't have been more perfect and in line with our style and vibe. The Lighting and Photo Booth services were the cherry on top really gave every guest the opportunity to have an amazing time even if (for some insane reason) they weren't in a dancing mood! BEST DAY EVER! Thank you again and again Flounder!

Adina · Married on 10/09/2016

Flounder was AMAZING! He was very professional, easy to work with, and our wedding party was just the way we wanted it! He was very communicative leading up to our wedding and took the time to understand what we wanted. He did a great job getting our guests up a dancing, young and old, and played a great mix of music that made our wedding party vision come to life! Perhaps the best compliment is that I would hire him again in a heartbeat!!

Vincent · Married on 06/25/2016

He is GREAT, played our music picks and made them work with his. GREAT MIX!!!!
    Did all we asked. Made it GREAT!!!! The man knows all the music... Fantastic
    Great comments after affair about him from all our guests, family and friends...

Carolyn · Married on 06/04/2016

I cannot say enough good things about DJ Flounder. He was fun, professional, and easy to talk to during the planning process (my now-husband talked to him for 10 minutes and wanted to buy him a beer) and he absolutely blew me away during our wedding. Because of DJ Flounder, we had DOZENS of guests say it was the most fun wedding they'd ever attended. The dance floor was packed the entire time, and none of us had ever seen so many people dancing at a wedding. My mom loves to dance and was worried that our DJ wouldn't play music that she liked, but he managed to satisfy everyone's taste without playing a single song that we disliked. Before the wedding, he created a planning website for us so we could add must play and do not play songs and invite guests to submit requests, which was awesome- and he honored those requests on our big day. He also brought beautiful lighting and a photo booth that was a huge hit. I felt like he truly went above and beyond for our wedding to make it the best night of my life. I wish I could give him ALL the stars. HIRE DJ FLOUNDER!

Kimberly · Married on 10/11/2015

Flounder DJ'ed my wedding over the weekend and I couldn't have been happier. He and his team showed up to set up their equipment, photobooth, and uplighting in no time. Their professionalism and confidence was immense and put everyone around them at ease. He and his team were an absolute pleasure to work with all the way around.

Thanks for everything Flounder :)

Kim & Richard

• Natalie

Natalie · Married on 09/26/2015

We hired Flounder based on his amazing mixing skills. We did give him a list of songs that we wanted played, but explained to him that we wanted him to take charge and do exactly what he loves- DJ! Flounder was the absolute highlight of our wedding day! The dance floor was on fire the entire night and was never empty! I have already had two good friends ask me for his information so that they can book him! I cannot thank you enough for making our wedding day so fantastic. It was everything we ever dreamed of- thanks to you! :)

Flounder was AMAZING!!! He was so easy to work with, so easy going, helped us through every step along the way and made it the most fun wedding we (and any of our guests) had ever been to! He was so receptive to our "wish list" of songs and playlists, provided suggestions where we needed help, and even offered up alternatives based on all the details we went through. He was super flexible, willing to work with us, and made us feel totally comfortable and at ease. By far the best investment and we are SO SO SO thrilled with how everything turned out. People are STILL talking about his mix and our wedding was weeks ago!!

• Alli

Alli · Married on 07/18/2015

Bryan (Flounder) helped us throw the greatest party ever that reflected our tastes! After a few conversations about what we like, Bryan nailed the right mix of songs for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Our guests filled the dance floor and consistently complimented the music and lighting.

Flounder also was quick to make us custom tracks for our special dances. I would book him again if I had a big party and recommend him to anyone who wants to please a crowd of all ages.

Priscilla · Married on 05/30/2015

We knew since we didn't have much in terms of entertainment lined up for our wedding that the DJ had to be stellar. We found that in DJ Flounder and his team. We love listening to his Throw Back Thursday sessions on 107.3 and were ecstatic to find out he was available to DJ our wedding! He was very personable and super easy to work with. He was able to tailor the music to the eclectic mix we like and kept our dance floor packed and had our guest still wanting more by the end. His set up, equipment and staff were very professional. Flounder also doubled great as the MC. We can't thank him enough and wish we could have him at all our parties!

Regina · Married on 05/09/2015

DJ Flounder is AMAZING! He DJ'd our wedding at Lansdowne Resort on 5/9/15 and we can't stop talking about it, he kept everyone, of all ages on the dance floor until the party ended. He was extremely responsive and gave us great input and recommendations on songs for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. I would highly recommend him for any occasion, you won't be disappointed!

DJ Kid Lucky was awesome, definitely made our wedding very memorable!!

Cannot express how happy I am with FM Entertainment. Denise was so incredible at coordinating my event with me, she anticipated our reception needs and wants without me even contacting her. She was so prompt in her responses, made me feel stress free and very nice. I would recommend her to any bride!

DJ Kid Lucky was INCREDIBLE. I feel like he and his support MADE the wedding a party, which is exactly what we wanted. He did some incredible cuts to some specific music, and was so much fun. My guests are still raving about him!!

THANK YOU!!!

DJ Flounder was an amazing wedding dj! I picked Flounder in particular because he was able to make the type of music I like (non dance-able music) into music people could dance to - and he really did deliver! He is incredibly responsive to email queries, and was very helpful in guiding my husband and I are towards what type of music we would like during the different stages of the wedding. His website was easy to use and helped my husband and I figure out what we needed to plan for.

If we were impressed before the wedding with Flounder's professionalism and expertise, the actual day of blew us away. His set-up looks amazing (no folding table for him) and he kept the floor packed! Numerous people told us during/after the wedding how awesome the DJ was and how big of a difference it makes for the party. I would 100% recommend getting Flounder - you won't regret it!

Jeff · Married on 05/17/2014

DJ Flounder was amazing. He provided us with easy instructions to follow for giving him our basic music selections (Ceremony Entrances, First Dance, Father/Daughter, etc). He then built a song lineup based on those selections that was a perfect match. I was very impressed with his work given our significant changes in the lineup as the night went on. We had strings/modern classical to start, Sinatra type during dinner, and more club/dance to finish off the night strong. His team was professional, on time, and his equipment was top notch. I would recommend his additional LED light bars, we had a party hour at the end of the reception and they really made a great atmosphere on the dance floor. I would also recommend if you are doing a Party hour to let DJ Flounder pick the songs. He did an amazing job mixing and as we are from Vegas, he really made it feel like the most exciting club on the strip.

I have been to a ton of weddings where the DJ and or Band lost the vibe and did not keep the night going. With DJ Founder this was not the case, we had 123 guests at our wedding and 6 hours later at the end of the reception around 90 were still on the dance floor going thanks to the great energy he created. I strongly recommend him for your next event.

peter · Married on 11/09/2013

If you ever have a question about your reception and cant decide on what you want Flounder will not only answer the question but make it 10 times better. We couldn't be more pleased with the music, lighting, and overall professionalism from Flouner and his team. I would recommend him to everyone!

Harry · Married on 10/05/2013

If you're searching for a DJ that blends the right mix of music, hosting, atmosphere, and sound for your wedding, DJ Flounder is your man! From listening to our preferences during the planning stages to providing the right mix of songs for the different stages of the evening (cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing), Flounder created the perfect evening. In addition to providing DJ services, Flounder and his professional staff, setup the sound system for the ceremony and provided up-lighting for our reception hall. Flounder made the party come alive. We highly recommend DJ Flounder and his team.

Jason and Ashley · Married on 10/05/2013

Flounder was the DJ at our wedding on October 5th, 2013. We asked a lot from Flounder and his crew, and they delivered flawlessly.

Ashley and I had a lot of requests and questions leading up to the wedding, and Flounder knew all the right questions to ask and suggestions to make. Using the tools on the website Flounder provided was easy and put all the items that needed to be covered in one place. Flounder reviewed all of our song requests and provided expert guidance on items that Ashley and I were unsure of.

We had a lot of requirements on the day of the wedding. At the outdoor ceremony, there were two officiants, an instrumental trio, a guitar, and a singer that all needed microphones. Flounder took care of all the details and the audio went off without a hitch. The cocktail hour was in a separate building that Flounder provided background music for, and to top it all off, the reception was in a third building. Flounder was the perfect emcee and DJ. Flounder kept us on schedule, and the songs he played kept the dance floor jumping all night long. The LED uplighting provided a classy ambiance to the room and it was a nice bonus that the lights were wireless so there weren't cables in the way.

Ashley and I are extremely grateful to DJ Flounder for being an integral part in making our wedding day truly amazing. We highly recommend his services for any event.

Jason and Ashley Mass.

Nina · Married on 10/04/2013

You guys were awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't thank you enough for putting up with our crazy family.
    You music selection was spot on target.
    I danced so much I didn't even get a chance to take my shoes off.
    Thanks again.
    mother of the bride,
    Nina

• EmilyRaeChang

Emily Rae · Married on 10/04/2013

We can't thank DJ Flounder enough for helping us throw the most fun wedding ever! Everything with the music was perfect and DJ Flounder was really helpful when planning everything beforehand. I couldn't have wished for a better wedding. I wish we could party like that every Friday.

Kathy · Married on 09/21/2013

We highly recommend DJ Flounder for any event! Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without him. Two weeks later guests are still talking about how much fun they had and how great the DJ was. He met with us a month before the wedding and thoroughly reviewed everything we wanted to have happen and all the music we wanted played at the wedding and met all of our requests and then some. We also used his lighting services which completely changed the look of the venue from dinner to dancing to cake cutting. His up lighting and modern DJ set up is part of the reason why the venue is now using our wedding pictures for their marketing pieces! DJ Flounder is also very flexible and took many song requests and quickly fulfilled them during the reception making for a fun, energetic party. We can't thank Flounder enough for making our wedding so memorable!!