DJ Express Disc Jockey Service Reviews

38 | West Bend, WI

38 Reviews for DJ Express Disc Jockey Service

1 User photo

Emmy · Married on 09/16/2016

DJ Express was awesome! Jeff and his assistant kept the dance floor packed. I would definitely use them again!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Heidi · Married on 10/31/2010

DJ Express is a great choice if you are on a tight budget. A friend of mine recommended them after her wedding, and I'm glad I decided on choosing them for my wedding as well. They play a good mix of music and are very open to song requests.

Sent on 11/11/2010

We wanted all of our guests to be dancing at our wedding of 300 guests, and DJ Express played an awesome playlist that kept everyone on the dance floor. We were very happy with the quality of their service. They also had very affordable prices.

Sent on 02/17/2013

Erin · Married on 11/12/2011

3.0

The DJ's were excellent. Although there wasn't alot of communication between the DJ's and myself at all before the wedding, which made me very anxious and nervous, they showed up on time and put on a great show. The DJ's played several of the songs I requested and were very proffessional. They have alot of experience and everyone was impressed with the music and lights. I would recommend DJ Express to any bride, especially one that is on a budget. They certainly were the most economical choice for me, and they were fantastic!

Sent on 11/16/2011

Tracy · Married on 09/26/2015

4.2
      3.5

Average DJ. Nothing over the top, but decent for the money.

Sent on 09/30/2015

3.5

DJ Express was by far the best value when searching for DJs for our wedding. At least $500 - $1000 less than the competitors in the area. Very friendly on the phone and accommodating since we lived out of state. The only complaint I would have is in regards to the packet they have you fill out for song selections/suggestions. It did not seem like this was forwarded on to the DJ that did the wedding or at least was not read thoroughly beforehand. We chose "quiet" for the personality of our DJ since we preferred just music and not have him talking to the crowd much. We also did not want any of the group dances included. He was on the microphone more than we preferred and did some of the dances/activities we did not want to do. I also had emailed some changes and additions to songs including what song should be played for the mother-son dance and they played the wrong song. On the day of our wedding the DJ came to us to ask about the grand march and special songs even though all that information was in the packet. The DJ however was able to quickly get songs we requested that he did not have. Overall, I think DJ Express did a good job. The DJ did a great job of reading the crowd to determine what to play next. Our guests really enjoyed the music and had a great time dancing, and that's what really mattered in the end!

Sent on 11/08/2014

Peggy · Married on 10/24/2009

3.5

The variety & the quality of the music our DJ played was great, but he played very few of the songs on our request list.

Sent on 08/05/2010

Heather · Married on 06/21/2008

3.5

The DJ's were nice and did meet any requests during the reception. Better communication would have been appreciated as well as sticking to the playlist provided. However, they did stop the Kenny G immediately when told too.

Sent on 07/26/2008

3.4
      3.0

Negatives included the fact that no one called to clarify plans before the event. The DJ was not dressed up. I did have a more casual wedding, but I did expect a little more professionalism and the music sounded fine,, but when the DJ spoke it was difficult to understand what he was saying. I am not sure if the venue was not the best for audio or if the equipment was not the best. That being said, the guests enjoyed the music and the cost was relatively low. I would recoment to someone who was trying to keep costs down.

Sent on 10/29/2013
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 06/11/2011

2.5

You get what you pay for. I didn't find out until 6 days before the wedding who my DJ would be, even though I contacted the DJ service 2 weeks or more prior on more than one occasion. When we got to the reception, we found out that the DJ brought along an assistant, which we were never told anything about, who we also had to then provide a $30 dinner to. The office assistant never wrote down what intro song we wanted, so the wedding party had to wait outside for at least 15 minutes waiting for the DJ to find the song we wanted. On top of that, they only played about 1/4 of the songs that were on my request sheet, and only played 3 different genres of music. They also played very, very few songs that our guests requested at the reception. I shouldn't have given them the amount that I did for the tip.

Sent on 06/20/2011

Jim · Married on 07/30/2011

2.0
      1.0
      2.0
      1.0

We used them for our wedding and all we got was two young men that drank all night and played right from our list!! Started tearing down equipment before the end.. Never received a call from Jeff before the wedding after we signed the contract!! He said 2 dj's not!! Maybe 1 and the other is a " helper"" we requested a song and the dj's were outside smoking and drinking. They were on the phone all night. Bad bad bad!! When asked they said this is how they always do it.. The night also went bad when our first dance song skipped and they used a completely different song.. After our wedding we talked with other couples that had exactly the same issues??

Sent on 01/29/2012

0.4
      0.5

Caution if you use this DJ service. A DJ makes or breaks your wedding night. Fortunately for me my guests loved to dance as do I. So we were out there the entire night. On your wedding night, you want things to run smoothly. This is hard to do when you are working with a vendor that has poor attitude and communication. Our DJ was switched on us last minute. And this was never communicated with us until I called 9 days before the wedding to get answers on questions that were unanswered. I was assured the new DJ was amazing. Sadly, this new DJ was far from. A DJ is supposed to read a crowd, mix music off of that, know when to play a fast song/slow song etc. Any vendor should present them self in a professional manner. Our DJ provided, was outside smoking more then he was DJing. I had to look for him to get him to start the party and then again to come back in to play a song. The groom's mother had to grab him from outside to play a song as well. They are your typical "wedding DJ." Who just play off a list, let the song run it's entirety and then go to the next. If you are looking for a DJ to be mixing songs and just keep the beat going and be PART of your night, this is not your vendor. Our DJ yelled to the crowd one time asking if we wanted a slow song or fast song. For the final song he again yelled and asked what last song we wanted played. It was so tacky. The up lighting was also provided by this company. And we wanted purple. The lighting instead was a fuscia pink color, so when asked about it, the DJ said that is what the purple looks like. Purple and pink however, are different colors. If the purple looks like pink, tell the person. A slideshow was to be played as well, with the DJ hooking everything up to make sure sound and video worked. And this was not done. The slideshow ended up, sadly, being played with horrible sound quality. Meet with the DJ first and follow your instinct. The one thing I would change, would be this.

Sent on 09/07/2014

DJ Express Disc Jockey Service's reply:

this was not true we did everything for her and no matter what we did she was just not happy
    for one she asumed when talking to me i would not be the dj when i let her know that i have many dj's and my dj josh was doing this event she was mad then josh drove 108 miles to meet them prior to the wedding she loved josh and told him to play all of her quests requests at the wedding ...so he did did just that josh is one of the best dj's out ther ..,well then she yelled at him saying to him stop playing this shit in frount of all of her quests so again he did just that and as far as the uplighting josh showed her that it was purple and plus if this was true why did the groom tell josh he was very happy with him and thanked him for a great day...it is hard ,very hard to please someone with such a bad atitude but we sure tried!!!!!! my costomers mean everything to me even these kind i also gave them back $200.00 just to make peace but i can see that did nothing at all !!i sure wish jeff the groom GOOD LUCK!!
  • User3673010 · event on: 11/08/2013

0.0

We had a contract with DJ Express for 11/8/2013. They never showed up. We had 250 middle school kids dressed up for a dance and no music. Parents were angry and kids were angry. We called that evening and left a voice mail with multiple numbers we could be reached, we texted them, and we faxed them the evening of the dance and no one ever got back to us. It was not until WE contacted them Monday to discuss the situation. We were told that our date had been entered for 2014 and were offered "deepest apologies." The owner, Jeff, never contacted us to try to make the situation right. We looked over the contract and it was stated that if we had cancelled without 90 days notice we would have been responsible to pay them $50.00... but nothing about what happens when they do not fulfill their end of the contract. I can't imagine if this had happened at a wedding, yes we had 250 unhappy pre-teens & teens (not fun) but it wasn't a day as important as a wedding. I would not rely on this company.

Sent on 11/12/2013