DJ Entertainment & Photo Booth Reviews

DJ Entertainment & Photo Booth 2
DJ Entertainment & Photo Booth 3
DJ Entertainment & Photo Booth 4

Lori · Married on 09/23/2017

I really thought that the overall package was great. The one thing I would suggest for the future would be to have a set price for any time after the allotted time was up. I was unsure what was "fair" to pay per hour after our six hours was up. Other than that, I really enjoyed DJ Entertainment.

Sent on 10/10/2017

DJ Entertainment & Photo Booth's reply:

We generally tell all clients to pay what they think is fair for overtime instead of asking for a set amount because we don't want you to feel obligated to pay time and 1/2 for every extra hour. We will be talking internally and with other clients to see if we can find a price that makes both the DJ and our clients happy
  • Meghan

meghan · Married on 09/17/2017

4.2

Dave was great to work with. Very professional and overall pretty easy to work with.

Sent on 03/06/2017

Enjoyed helping Meghan and Justin celebrate their Sunday wedding

Emily · Married on 08/19/2017

4.2

Thank you so much for everything! My guests were dacing all night long. We had a blast.

Sent on 08/21/2017

DJ Entertainment & Photo Booth's reply:

We had fun keeping everyone dancing and the rainbow at the end of the afternoon was amazing

Alison · Married on 11/07/2015

4.2

DJ Dave Joyal was wonderful. His upbeat personality and willingness to please are obvious winning qualities. He was honest with us when we met regarding an idea my husband had about wedding party entrance music, but was more than willing to explain why his (my husband) idea was a fun one but not the most practical to achieve. He mentioned then that while it's ultimately our day and he'd do anything we'd like, he would be honest with us about our ideas based on his years of experience.

During our initial meeting with Dave he got a feel for who we are as a couple and had some basic questions to go over. His interactive planning online and the survey he has couples prepare ahead of time covered any questions I had thought of myself, and then some!

The collaborative effort of supplying Dave information about what your expectations are for your wedding day and his commitment to having things run smoothly on the event day came together seamlessly.

Along with the fact that he comes with an additional DJ (so that he, himself could be freed up to be the MC) the package we went with included ambient lighting that really tied the ballroom together! Additionally, he was able to provide sound/music outdoors for our ceremony and a microphone for our officiant and those who we had asked to share readings.

Dave and his team were thorough, pleasant, professional and fun! Guests came up to me throughout dinner wishing us well but also wanting to know if I customized the playlist ... I said we entrusted our DJ because we know he got a feel for us as a couple! We couldn't have been more right.

Thank you DJ Dave!

You helped to make or night amazing,
    Nick Levasseur & Alison Famisan-Levasseur

Sent on 12/28/2015

DJ Entertainment & Photo Booth's reply:

Loved the Star Wars theme, and we had a great time making the room pink like Alison wanted, truly enjoyed working with Nick & Alison

Sarah · Married on 08/02/2014

3.5

David and his assistant were both very pleasurable and professional to work with.

Sent on 09/09/2014

Had a good time in the Barn helping Sarah & Matt enjoy their day

3.5

A really great guy to work with.

Sent on 09/18/2014

DJ Entertainment & Photo Booth's reply:

Thanks it was fun DJing your wedding

Keith · Married on 09/23/2017

Great job getting everyone on the dance floor.

Sent on 11/02/2017

Brooke · Married on 08/20/2016

2.8
      3.0
      2.5

We discussed what song to play for "our" song at the meeting,but the wrong version of the song was played. I filled out a questionnaire explaining who was in the wedding party and how to pronounce their names,yet they were still introduced incorrectly. The music during special events (cake cutting,etc.) Should have been played louder to pump the crowd up. The DJ did stay a little later,bit we also payed more.
    I wouldn't recommend them.

Sent on 08/28/2016

DJ Entertainment & Photo Booth's reply:

This couple's has another DJ Company CANCEL on them less than 2 weeks prior to their wedding, and we believe the expectations and review are based off the overly zealous promises that they were given from the previous DJ Company as we have been hired by several of their guests to DJ their weddings or events.

Theresa · Married on 08/27/2016

2.6
      2.5

Dave was very happy to work with us and was prompt to respond to calls/emails. However, the music we requested was barely played, the processional song was incorrect, and he did not get people together for the garter/bouquet toss- so we were a bit disappointed.

Sent on 08/29/2016

DJ Entertainment & Photo Booth's reply:

Overall we're extremely disappointed in our performance and are very upset that the couple wasn't happy. The processional song WAS the correct song...
    but, we believe that the song they expected was either a different version or they were given the wrong song title... this doesn't change things for this couple, but because of the song problem we've instituted a new policy to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Anja · Married on 09/03/2016

1.8
      1.5

David is Dave's son. David dj'd. I did clarify what time he would be there to set up and received a response they could set up whenever. When I was able to chat with David he said he could be set up 4-5 for band. While getting ready we called David at 515, while we were about to start and band was not able to set up, he was just arriving and denied that he was supposed to be here earlier. We had not realized that he wasnt able to bring a stand for the microphone. This is why setting up early could have avoided a scramble DURING cocktail hour to solve this issue and missing 15 min of him playing that we paid for him to fly out and do. During the wedding he approached me the moment I was able to be alone. I said he was late. He denied that and continued to respond “my contract says 7." I understand that is when you are supposed to start playing. If it was an issue to set up early let us know. He continued to argue. I finally said “I do not want to talk to you.” He told my coordinator he was under the weather and did not want to be there. I am sorry, but this is my wedding, if you feel that under the weather find someone else! So many people picked up on his attitude. I was told by my caterer that nothing he asked to be announced was done. I dont think my expectations were through the roof. As the night continued I was frustrated with the country music played. Never did I ever mention country. Hardly anyone was dancing to it yet 1/2 the songs played were a country set. It killed the vibe, most people went to the campfire halfway through to listen to band play acoustically. You literally sat and played a playlist the whole night. I could have done that off an ipod. No one wants to hear “your DJ sucks” at their wedding. But that was all I kept hearing the night and week. It totally sucks and I am extremely disappointed. It killed the party and vibe. His brothers wedding the DJ was amazing and got on the dance floor and kept the mood going. I won't have that memory. I would never recommend David.

Sent on 09/12/2016

DJ Entertainment & Photo Booth's reply:

If you are reading this response, thank you for making all the way to the bottom of our reviews. There are always two sides to every story, so instead of trying to dispute all of the points Anja has made, I ask is that you look at all the other reviews we have, Thank you.

Renee · Married on 08/12/2018

1.2
      1.0

Dave was our DJ on 8.12.18. I am sad to say i was very disappointed. First of all, Dave makes you fill out a very long survey and we had one in person meeting, some emails back and forth and a phone conversation days before the wedding going over all of the details. I gave him painfully specific details of how i wanted things done and he assured me he could do it all. DJ Dave played the wrong songs for my ceremony entrance. For both the bridesmaids/ groomsmen and me as the bride! We had timed the songs perfectly and practiced with everyone the day before, and it totally threw everyone off. I spent months picking out the perfect song to walk down the isle to and i was on the verge of tears and didn’t want to walk because of the song being wrong. My dad finally got down the isle and i had put that behind me only to realize he didn’t put a mic on the officiant like we discussed. I was later informed no one past the 2nd row could hear a word that was said the entire ceremony. My father approached DJ Dave about the songs being wrong and he responded with “well she must have given me the wrong ones” which is impossible because i told him in the survey which versions (and parts down to the seconds) to play and he should have asked if there was any question. Then during the reception he approached me and i questioned him about not putting a mic on anyone and he said “could you hear each other? That’s all that matters” at this point i was pissed. $30,000 for 100 guests to come to our wedding and no one could hear our beautiful vows or anything the officiant said. DJ Dave was arrogant and took no direction from our venue and my wedding coordinator was often pushed aside by him as he completely took over everything. He forgot everything he was supposed to announce during the reception that we discussed on the phone just days before.The day after the wedding i cried myself to sleep because the song i had picked for my husband to see me walk down the isle was takenfrom me.

Sent on 08/20/2018

DJ Entertainment & Photo Booth's reply:

Let me start off my saying that EVERY song played during the ceremony was the correct version of songs Renee put into the questionnaire. Why there was a disconnect with Renee, I do not know, the last thing we want to do is play the wrong song.
    In correspondence where the songs were sent to Renee shortly after her review, she claims the songs were not the versions that were played and asked why I can’t be honest… I AM
    It is truly unfortunate that Renee mistakenly believes that Dave did not play the correct songs as her perception is completely tarnishing her memories of an absolutely beautiful ceremony and an extremely FUN reception

Alicia · Married on 11/12/2016

0.0

We were not pleased with Dave's behavior or attitude at our event. He was more worried about eating the free meal than he was moving along with the timeline we had set up. He made uncomfortable remarks about the groom's mother over the microphone for the entire party to hear. He got upset at a guest and rightfully so - however he swore over the microphone and dismissed us as we tried to apology for that guest's behavior. He came and ate off our our sweetheart table using our knife to butter his bread. I would not recommend him to my friends or family.

Sent on 11/18/2016

DJ Entertainment & Photo Booth's reply:

This review is very surprising... We performed 10 different introduction songs for the wedding party, both the Bride & Groom had surprise dances, plus the dance floor was packed ALL NIGHT LONG!!

Meaghan · Married on 08/12/2017

1.0

We had a very unfortunate experience with DJ Entertainment of NH. We hired Dave a year prior to our wedding after speaking with him and were very eager to work with him given the great reviews he had. Unfortunately, shortly prior to our wedding we were told we would have DJ Mike. We had a significant number of issues:
    Less than a month prior we had difficulty getting in touch with Mike as we would set date for a phone call and we would text us later saying he had picked up a trivia gig.
    Mike arrived to our ceremony in shorts, which is not appropriate wedding attire.
    We met him prior to the reception and he had us text our updated list of our wedding party. He did not use this list and called the wrong names in the wrong order, ruining the entrance.
    He did not stop our entrance song when we were at the dance floor, so we had to awkwardly speed dance for about a minute.
    After that he could not get our first dance song to play so we stood in the center of the dance floor in silence for another minute waiting for him to get our first dance.
    Additionally, instead of playing our last dance song per our list, he played a guest request.

When we reached out to Dave afterwards with out concerns and pointed out the points in our contract that were breached (professional attire, following song guidelines) he was very apologetic at first. However, when we requested a 50% refund based on the items breached in the contract he became very evasive. Our last notice from him was 5 days prior to posting this review, when we told us we would have a reply in 3 days. As of this posting, we have gotten no reply. I would suggest avoiding DJ Entertainment of NH.

Sent on 09/13/2017

DJ Entertainment & Photo Booth's reply:

We are sorry to hear that Meaghan's wedding didn't go as picture perfectly as planned. We have responded (prior to this review) and we tried to communicate with this couple via phone to address this and they refused... But, we will be addressing a number of these issues internally with better training and preparation as here at DJ Entertainment we strive for perfection every step of the way from initial contact through the last song. We require our DJ's to show up in normal clothes (pant/shorts + DJ Entertainment polo) before changing into proper attire before the wedding as we feel it helps keep them looking more professional throughout the night.