DJ David Medina Reviews

DJ David Medina 3
DJ David Medina 4
DJ David Medina 5

Tracy · Married on 04/09/2017

I would definitely recommend DJ (David) Medina to anyone who is interested. Trust me, he will not disappoint!! Our wedding was on Palm Sunday and DJ Medina was punctual, prepared and accommodating. From the first conversation with DJ Medina, my husband and I immediately liked him. He was experienced and guided us through every step of the process. We selected different genres of music for our wedding and DJ was able to meet all our requests. He was pleasant and willing to speak whenever we requested. He was also appropriately dressed and calm throughout our wedding which helped me feel at ease as well. Most importantly, our guests enjoyed the music. Everyone was dancing and had a blast. It was a sincere pleasure meeting and working with DJ Medina.

Sent on 04/18/2017

DJ David Medina's reply:

Thanks for the amazing review! It was my pleasure. Wishing you guys the very best.

Joann · Married on 11/19/2016

My husband and I feel so fortunate that we had David as our wedding DJ! Not only is he one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, but he is a ridiculously talented DJ who will go out of his way to make sure you have the perfect wedding.

We were initially introduced to him as he was the wedding DJ for two weddings we went to last year. That was no coincidence by the way - the second couple heard him at the first couples' wedding and fell in love with David's style. When we approached him about our wedding he was so genuinely happy to help us out.

David is extremely flexible which was much appreciated - my husband and I both work full time jobs so we really only had time to talk to David after work and that was never a problem for David. Also, anytime we e-mailed him we got a reply within hours. He provides his couples with a questionnaire that is thorough and will ensure that you get the music you want and he really knows it all from international to jazz to alternative to hip hop.

On the day of the wedding, he emceed perfectly and he kept the party going strong. He also did something so thoughtful during the dinner while everyone was eating, he slipped in a song by the Smiths for my husband (David and my husband had a conversation several weeks back about how they were both fans of the Smiths). The Smiths are not necessarily the type of band you would expect to hear at a wedding but David played it at just the right time and it put a big smile on my husband's face - it was such a thoughtful move on David's part.

He really is the consummate DJ. He not only has an encyclopedia-like knowledge of music but he is one of the most professional and approachable people you will ever meet. We HIGHLY recommend David for your wedding!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Diana · Married on 11/12/2016

David is the best DJ we could have asked for! He is extremely professional, accommodating, and knows how to keep the party going. Among all of the DJs we interviewed, David stood out as the most responsive and serious about his work. That level of professionalism followed all the way through the wedding night. Prior to the big day, he was communicative and proactive in seeking our input. On the day of the wedding, he arrived very early to make sure everything was set up well in advance. During the dancing part of the evening, he knew how to keep the party going - the dance floor stayed packed for hours! We relied on David as an "em-cee" for the reception too, and he knew how exactly when and how to get the crowd's attention. Multiple guests asked us after the wedding if they could get a copy of the David's playlist - that's how perfectly he was able to 'read' our crowd! Would recommend David to anyone - he is simply the best.

Sent on 01/16/2017

DJ David Medina's reply:

Thanks so much Diana. It was really a pleasure to work with you and I am happy that you had such a great time. Please recommend me - you'll get to party with me again at your friend's weddings!

Cheers & Happy New Year!

FYI, I just won the Knot's "Best of Weddings 2017" and Weddingwire's "Couples Choice Award 2017". Woo Hoo.

David

Ron · Married on 10/15/2016

David did a fantastic job with our wedding. Before the event, he gathered feedback on our musical tastes and then smoothly brought in his guidance that if we wanted people dancing, we'd have to focus on fan favorites. So, during the event, he pulled in a lot of our favorites during breaks in the dancing, and he had everyone dancing the rest of the time. We had a diverse crowd, and David handled it deftly, for example switching from the hora immediately to a Mexican favorite to pull our Mexican guests onto the floor. Everything flowed smoothly, and everyone had a great time.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Evelyn · Married on 10/09/2016

Finding a great DJ was one of our top priorities when my husband and I started planning our wedding. From our first conversation with DJ Medina we knew he was exactly what we were looking for. Unfortunately DJ Medina was booked but he recommended DJ Marlon. When we met DJ Medina and DJ Marlon they were both so warm and upbeat, it was like meeting old friends. DJ Medina even helped us find an amazing percussionist player at a reasonable price. Both DJ Medina and DJ Marlon worked together on our playlist and it was beautifully executed on the day of our wedding by DJ Marlon. Our friends and family were so impressed by DJ Marlon’s skills, they all danced and had a wonderful time. Our playlist included salsa, cumbia, pop, oldies, 80’s, 90’s, hip hop, Spanish rock… it was awesome! I wish we could do it all over again. The day of the wedding DJ Marlon made sure everything was taken care of; he went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was special and not just another wedding. We feel so grateful and thankful to have found DJ Medina and DJ Marlon. Thank you for the best day ever!!! We highly recommend DJ Medina and DJ Marlon for your special day!

Sent on 02/09/2017

DJ David Medina's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review. I am so happy that you and your guests had such a great time. If I am booked I try to make sure that I choose the right DJ for the job. Glad we did not disappoint. All the best to you guys.

Erza · Married on 10/08/2016

We first met DJ David Medina at my sister-in-law's wedding a few years ago. It was only right that when we got married last month that we hire him to DJ for our wedding. From the beginning he was extremely professional, understood our vision and was able to carry that through on our wedding day. DJ Medina made the process very easy on us with a few phone calls and an outlined spreadsheet of what music we wanted at our wedding (and did not want). The day of our wedding he flawlessly handled our music selection, which were in 3 different languages! Our guests never stopped dancing the entire night and couples who attended our wedding who are soon to be wed requested his information for their own weddings. If you hire DJ Medina for any of your events I guarantee that he will see through your vision and make your party come to life. You can focus on everything else while he handles the music and you will not be disappointed! Thank you DJ Medina, we hope to see you soon!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Elissa · Married on 09/24/2016

David Medina is a true professional who is not only talented, but also kind, comforting and flexible!! There were so many elements to our wedding music that we were unsure of. My family is American by way of Puerto Rico and the hubby's family is West Indian/Grenadian. We were concerned with everything from age of our guests to "do we play old school hip hop? Salsa or bachata? Reggae or soca? What about old school R&B? Current pop?". We created a detailed playlist but ultimately David was able to IMMEDIATELY get a feel of our wedding and it was 100% TURNED UP!! We played some songs from the playlist and other songs came into rotation based off of the vibes and the choices were on point. We had bare feet, formal napkins being used as forehead wipes, and a bride who exchanged her platforms for converse. He knows all types of music and above all is just a genuinely beautiful person, inside and out. His energy was wonderful and we ALL loved having David at the wedding. Your money will definitely be well spent.

Sent on 09/19/2016

DJ David Medina's reply:

Wow! Thanks for the glowing review guys. So happy that you and your guests had such a great time at your wedding. This is why I do what I do!

michael · Married on 09/18/2016

DJ David Medina was a pleasure to work with. I found good reviews on him on the wedding wire and decided to give it a go. My fiancé and I met him at a Starbucks in the city to get to know each other better and we got nothing but positive vibes. It didn't hurt that we also enjoyed the same movies. After the initial meetings, we kept in touch to go over the questionnaire he sent us and the list of songs that we wanted to have played at our wedding. Two weeks before the wedding we discussed over the phone the playlist and plan for the big day. During our call he also gave us advice on what might be an optimal schedule for the reception and at the same time was open to ideas we had as well. On the wedding day, David was there early and a complete professional. He even was able to accommodate some last second changes in a cool and calm manner. My fiancé and guests had a blast and everyone kept complimenting David. But what surprised me most is when my mom called me couple of days later and said, "the DJ was so good! your Uncle also thought he was great and nice!". She didn't even mention the food! David was fun to work with, a complete professional and was the perfect choice for our wedding. I would 100% recommend him if your looking for a DJ for any event.

Sent on 08/18/2016

Stef · Married on 08/19/2016

David made our vision come true! He helped us create a perfect combination of music that made everyone dance all night. He also helped us get the best congo player so that we could add a pizzazz to the music. I highly recommend David to anyone and everyone looking to have a wedding filled with lots of dancing.

Sent on 09/24/2016

jennifer · Married on 06/25/2016

David was great to work with and everything went wonderfully. He really listened to our ideas and made sure that we got the music, announcements, and overall flow that we wanted for our wedding. He checked all the boxes on our 'must plays' and was very helpful with things like cutting the songs just right for first dance, father/daughter, etc. His style was great and very professional, keeping things moving, and people dancing and having fun. All this for a price that is way more reasonable than a lot of the competition we looked at. Can't recommend David as an event DJ enough!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Ellen · Married on 06/18/2016

I cannot say enough about how FABULOUS David was for our wedding. Not only was he so easy to work with before the event, but during the event, he kept the dance floor packed and the party going all night. Before the event, David was easy to reach and responsive. I had several questions about song recommendations and protocol for the event and he was a great adviser. During the event, he read our crowd well and played songs he knew would keep them moving! We have had so many compliments on the amazing quality of the music. Guests kept saying that the playlist was incredible. They are still talking about it! I am so glad we chose David for our special day. His professionalism is unparalleled and his repertoire and knowledge of music was vast. I can guarantee, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Amber · Married on 05/22/2016

Finding a wedding DJ online is hard, because lets be honest, unless you've heard the person play at someone else's wedding, you can't really tell what you're going to get. Luckily, DJ David Medina has videos of his work online! So once we saw/heard what his style was like, we knew we had to meet him. He was so personable, organized, professional, real, and genuinely kind. He helped us with our timeline and finding the right balance of music to set the tone for our ceremony and reception. We loved his non-cheesy, cool style and knew that there would be no risk of having him "taking over the show" (if you've seen it happen at weddings, you know what I mean). He helped make our wedding the best day/night of our lives! Thanks David!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Kay · Married on 05/21/2016

We couldn't have been happier with DJ Medina. He came recommended by our venue (the stunning Farm on Adderley), and after our first conversation, we knew it was meant to be. Tasked with "playing the music you always wish you *could* play at a wedding" , he crafted a playlist that hit all our MoTown, Otis Redding, and Talking Heads highlights, and had the entire reception for our brunch wedding *hopping*. (Tall task for a spring brunch affair!). We continue to receive compliments on the day, much in part to the effortlessness of DJ Medina in crafting the perfect musical backdrop for our day, and for everyone there.

Sent on 07/07/2016

Right from our very first consultation phone call, we knew we wanted to work with David. He was extremely easy to talk to, and just completely got the vibe we were going for. Unlike some of the other DJ's we interviewed, David wasn't afraid to offer his opinion when asked, and he was very comfortable suggesting songs based on the kind of party we wanted to have. On the day of the wedding, David did a fantastic job of reading our very diverse crowd of guests. He masterfully navigated through our extensive song request list, and kept the mood fun and upbeat, and the dance floor crowded. David is incredibly professional, easy to work with, and just has an amazing personality that really shows in his work. We couldn't be happier that we chose David as our DJ!

Sent on 05/13/2016

David is a fantastic DJ! He is a genuinely kind and honest person with years of music experience. Very learned in all types of music genre. He can play anything! All the things you look for in a wedding DJ- not cheesy, professional, timely, organized, responsive to the crowd, and gets the party going all night long. He also offers help with ceremony and cocktail music/sound set-up. He is so great 3 of our friends have used him for their weddings! Keeping him in our files for future events...

Sent on 05/02/2016

monica · Married on 02/16/2016

They really made all my guests feel great! I had an amazing time using this dj

Sent on 05/05/2016

Brian · Married on 11/14/2015

David was organized, attentive, punctual, and could really read the crowd. Everyone was dancing from the moment the dance floor opened. He heard our requests and elaborated from there. He made some great suggestions about floor plan and timeline. He was extremely friendly and cooperative. Great service. Great price.

Sent on 11/23/2015

Lauren · Married on 11/14/2015

David and Marlon where wonderful! My husband and I put together a somewhat last minute wedding and were on the fence as to whether or not to even have a DJ...SO SO SO happy we did. In the weeks leading up to the wedding we got calls from both David and Marlon and went over our song request forms and plans for the wedding. They helped us organize the flow of the wedding in expert detail and really made us feel secure that we had someone with solid experience in charge of the experience. On the day of the wedding we were less than organized but that had no effect on Marlon's ability to do his thing and do it well. He was able to work with my Cousin's Boyfriend who was a cellist without any problems and even uploaded my friend's music so that they could do a last minute surprise performance! All in all - these guys really helped to make our wedding day a memorable and spectacular one. HIGHLY recommend these guys for any event!

Sent on 12/27/2015

Alex · Married on 11/07/2015

David and his team are as professional as they come. Keeps the people dancing when it counts. My wife and I cant wait to plan our next event with him. Lets just hope he's available!!

Sent on 08/23/2016
  • O

Omar · Married on 10/23/2015

DJ Medina was amazing and was able to mix Mexican, Korean, American songs for our wedding in a danceable way for everyone. He is truly international! He even threw some Samba I requested. I am extremely happy with his services and would recommend him with absolutely no reservation. DJ Medina was very easy to work with and really made you feel comfortable during a stressful time! DJ Medina announced everyone perfectly and confidently. The personalized one on one meeting before the wedding is key to a successful event!

Sent on 11/23/2015

David was the DJ at our wedding, and was excellent. Our guests raved about the music and everyone (young and old) had a great time dancing. David knows the right balance between seeking input from the couple, and using his expertise to create the right mix for everyone. We were particularly happy that David did an excellent job seamlessly combining English and Spanish language music, something that was very important to us. David did a fantastic job, and I would wholeheartedly recommend him to others.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Jorge · Married on 10/11/2015

Boy am I glad that we picked such an incredible DJ! David was awesome all around. He really knew what kind of music we were into and did not skip a beat during the wedding. The music was flowing and the transitions between songs were just perfect. We really couldn't have asked for a better DJ. I've been to so many wedding where the DJ's literally just hit shuffle on a Macbook. The flow of the music from beginning to end was just perfect.

I highly recommend David. He was professional, his equipment sounded great, he was dressed really nicely. Just all around a great DJ you will be very happy with your decision if you go with David!

Thanks for everything David!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Everyone wants the contact info of my DJ! He was fabulous, played just the right mix of old and new songs. Very danceable and fun!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/18/2015

DJ David Medina came highly recommended by two of my co-workers. David was a pleasure to work with, always timely with correspondence and very helpful with suggestions. He guides the entire process and touches base as needed. David kept the pace of our wedding really well and had everyone dancing. He has many years of experience and can accommodate any requests. Thanks so much David, we really appreciated your courtesy and professionalism and would gladly recommend you to anyone looking for a great DJ.

Sent on 10/07/2015

DJ David Medina was a fantastic DJ and a total pro. From our initial meeting to pre-wedding planning to doing our ceremony sound and music to the dance floor, David was organized, responsive, informative, patient, so so kind, and just an excellent guy. We were surprised during the planning process by how many vendors expected us to guide them through interviews and planning, but with David we felt like we were in experienced but easy going hands. This is all in addition to the fact that with essentially no guidance from us he played excellent music all night and kept our dance floor PACKED beyond capacity. We planned a huge three day event and we chose David because at our initial meeting we felt like we could cross worrying about music completely off our list, and we were right. He schlepped out to our hard to reach, non-traditional venue, set himself up, accommodated all of our last-minute issues and changes, and kept the night timed and flowing beautifully with just the right tone, and no awkward showboating. Finally, we know we didn't even use a tenth of his musical capacity, and we still felt like we won the DJ lottery. We so highly recommend David to anyone who wants an excellent dance party to be the centerpiece of their wedding.

Sent on 11/10/2015