138 Reviews for DJ Craig Wood

Liability Insurance (17)
MC (12)
Photobooth (3)
138 DJ Craig Wood Reviews

We cannot say enough great things about Craig. My cousin recommended Craig to us and we are so lucky that he did. Craig was fun and easy to work with during the planning stages and very available via email. He did the audio for our ceremony and did a great job running the microphones for the officiant, reader and music. We didn’t even notice he was in the room, but everyone could hear! At the dinner, he played some awesome nerdy dinner music at our request (think Star Wars) and perfectly orchestrated times for speeches, etc. The dance floor, however, was INCREDIBLE. The dancing was really important to me and my husband and Craig totally got that. He read through our requests and “must-plays” and nailed the vibe we were going for. The dance floor was never empty, and 75 year olds and 13 year olds alike complimented the music – a very hard feat to accomplish. He didn’t talk too much, but made all the necessary announcements and talked when necessary. Craig also did the uplighting in our reception space, which was beautiful. Craig is just a great DJ who loves music and can feel out a crowd – what more can you want?

Profile Picture Julia, 12/9/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Craig is AMAZING! We will recommend him over and over! Our wedding guests couldn’t stop talking about how awesome he was, the dance floor was never empty. Craig was super helpful from beginning to end. If I could give more than 5 stars I would!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

My husband and I can't even begin to praise DJ Craig for his musical talents at our wedding. He not only made sure the crowd wad having fun, but also looked like he was having fun himself. He was SO flexible and easy to work with. Craig always offered to help in any way he could even if it was outside of music. Craig has the best personality for this gig and really made our day the BEST. Plus he let me spin with him and he dealt with me stealing the mic on occasion ! Kudos to DJ Craig!

Profile Picture lynn, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

DJ Craig Wood was an amazing dj for our wedding! He was super responsive and helped figure out all of the details during the planning process. On our wedding day he was super high energy, played amazing music and had the dance floor packed all night. He worked with us to do a traditional dance celebrating my husband's heritage. Guests of all ages stopped to tell me how amazing the music was. I would use DJ Craig Wood again in a heart beat. He made our wedding so memorable and so much fun! Chose DJ Craig and I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/21/17, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

Craig was the easiest person to work with out of everyone I had to dealt with in regards to my wedding. A pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Robert, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We love Dj Craig! He is an awesome Dj. He was very very helpful in the planning process. Has such a great personality and sense of humor, helped make us relaxed during such a stressful planning process. He was so flexible and open to anything. Our guests loved him as well and kept asking who he was and where we found him! He played EVER song we asked him to play!!! He kept us online with our timeline and kept the reception going all night! Absolutely will use him again!

Profile Picture Katlyn, 8/26/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Craig Wood. The man, the myth, the legend. I cannot put into words how lucky we were to have him as the DJ for our wedding. From our first meeting, I immediately got a sense how kind, talented, professional, and hard working he is. Craig responded SO quickly to all of my emails. He discussed every single detail with us during the planning process and even edited our first dance song so it was a perfect length. At the reception, I have NEVER danced more in my life. He kept the dance floor of 160 people PACKED the entire night. He didn't play one bad song. I cannot count how many of my guests came up to me during the reception or called me after to tell me how great our DJ was and they had never had more fun at a wedding. He was a perfect gentleman, so much fun, and did a great job announcing. Craig is the BEST DJ around and I am so so so grateful to have met him and feel so lucky he was available for our wedding day.

-Kate and Will Vanderzant

Profile Picture Kate, 8/12/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you're looking for the most bang for your buck on a DJ, don't look any further but Craig - this guy is the MAN. He was fantastic from the moment we met him in our initial face-to-face meeting. As a music/sound/tech geek, I immediately discovered that Craig had the right stuff and setup to make a bomb atmosphere at our wedding. Craig was very communicative and responsive with us through the entire process leading up to our big day; he was flexible enough to move his gear indoors for the ceremony (when we called an audible to move it inside due to thunderstorms), and kind enough to coordinate with some of our musically-talented family/friends who played keys, guitar and sang during our ceremony and a part of our reception. My wife and I weren't able to experience much of the dance party given we were constantly pulled away by our photographers and videographers, but we could tell that Craig was bringing down the barn while we were taking photos outside. Craig's great attention to detail and incredible ability to communicate with a number of key players (coordinators, caterer, etc etc.) really allowed our entire wedding to go off without a hitch. Again, look no further than DJ Craig Wood! Thank you bro!!!

Profile Picture Chris, 7/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

THERE IS A REASON DJ CRAIG’S REVIEWS ARE SO AMAZING. IT’S BECAUSE HE REALLY IS THAT AMAZING. He made everything so easy, kept our dance floor rocking all night, didn’t do any cheesy DJ shticks, and was just a wonderful person to work with. Thank you, Craig!

Profile Picture Angela, 7/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Craig was great to work with. He worked with us to edit our first dance and entrance songs just the way we wanted them. He is very attentive to detail and made a memorable night for us. Our guests had a fantastic time. I wouldn't hesitate at all to recommend him to anyone. We couldn't be happier with the experience. Thanks again, Craig!

Profile Picture Heather, 7/14/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Craig was one of the best decisions that my husband and I made for our June wedding. Although Craig is based in NOVA and we had heard of him through another vendor, he was more than willing to travel for our Richmond wedding AND be extra early to help us prepare so we would not have to worry about anything! Craig met with us well before our wedding to talk about our vision and how he thought he would most be able to help. I had very specific music choices I envisioned for my ceremony and walk down the aisle, all complicated by the fact that we were going to have an outdoor ceremony. Craig provided stand and wireless mics for our officiant, and readers, as well as ceremony music that was perfectly timed with our processions. Then, he timed our recessional perfectly with our first kiss to a cheering crowd. All without any rehearsal! It was truly magical and one of my favorite memories.

Craig is also a fantastic DJ, the life of the party, and a great host. He introduced our wedding party, but most importantly, he got the party started! Must have songs were played and there was an excellent mix of pop, soul, and tunes for all generations. My mother commented at the end of the night how impressed she was at how much of a party the wedding was and how everyone enjoyed themselves on the dance floor!

On a professional level, Craig was always responsive, courteous, and reasonably priced. One of the best-kept wedding secrets out there!

Profile Picture Leah, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Craig was an amazing DJ for my wife's and my wedding! He was extremely accommodating to our requests and was always happy to take a phone call with us and walk us through the schedule. We loved how he took the time to understand what music defined our taste so that every song played kept us on the dance floor along with our guests. There was never a lull! We highly recommend him for anyone who wants all their guests on the dance floor and the peace of mind of an organized MC. Very professional and very fun all at once!

Profile Picture Brian, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Craig was one of the best parts of a fantastic wedding day. Not only did he keep the party going all night, but he was incredibly easy to work with prior to the big day. Anything we needed, he provided without hesitation. We could not recommend DJ Craig Wood highly enough!

Profile Picture Benjamin, 5/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Craig Wood was the BEST DJ my husband and I could have asked for! His personality and talent is beyond amazing. My husband and I aren't big music people, yet planning our music was the least stressful part of our wedding, all thanks to Craig! Craig was very quick to respond, he answered all of my millions of questions, and he gave us the best dance party we could have ever asked for. He brings so much energy and fun personality that it's impossible not to love him! My husband and I recommend him to everyone because he's simply the best! Thank you SO much, Craig, for making our wedding that much more amazing!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Craig is awesome at his work!! He made our wedding so much fun and his music was always on point! He was such an essential part of our wedding and we are so happy to have chose him for our wedding! Must have DJ!

Profile Picture Catherine, 4/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Craig is amazing! So great that my two best friends and I (all three of us) used him for our weddings! I continue to refer anybody looking for a DJ to Craig. Starting with his music choices - Craig knows how to throw a great dance party with the latest hits and perfectly intermingle your favorites or blasts from the past. Secondly, his value is amazing and he continued add whatever I needed. The day of it was very windy and he was prepared with all different types of mics for the officiant and us to make sure our guests could hear us. Lastly, Craig is FUN himself - a great person!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Craig Wood did an amazing job at our February 2017 wedding at the National Museum of Women in the Arts in Washington, DC. We met with Craig over the phone only one time before our wedding and he was able to get everything that we wanted; when you're planning your own wedding it's such a relief to feel so taken care of! Our guests still talk about what a great time they had, and the dance floor never quit. Craig is a true professional, and was there from initial setup before the ceremony through the end of the night. He provided all of his own equipment and the additional lighting we requested, and he also provided us with a recommendation for the photo booth we used. We couldn't be happier with how our wedding day turned out, and Craig Wood was a huge part of making it all happen!

Profile Picture Jordan, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

DJ Craig is seriously the NICEST guy out there! We were so lucky to have found him and have worked with him. All we wanted was for all of our guests to be out on the dance floor all night long and sure enough he delivered exactly that! Everyone was on the floor dancing the night away! Not only is DJ Craig awesome at what he does but he is also very easy to work with. He was flexible and took into consideration all of our requests. He went out of his way to help us by finding a photo booth company to use and was the middle man handling EVERYTHING for us! He made life so much easier during the planning process. We were able to meet with him on a couple occasions to go over things, was always responsive through email, and just an overall genuine person trying to ensure you have the BEST DAY EVER. He is professional, knowledgeable, and passionate about this work and he DELIVERS. You can't go wrong booking him and if you are able to, we strongly recommend him to DJ your wedding. He's the best and you will definitely get your dance party!

Profile Picture shahira, 11/12/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Craig is simply the best! He made the whole experience so great, and the night was a non-stop dance party. He had a good mix of classics and hits, and read the crowd well. He didn't do any of the cheesy DJ stuff, talking just enough to do the job that needed to be done. The uplights he provided were also a nice touch. He went above and beyond to get a good version of a song that was really important to me - it made my day!

Profile Picture Sam, 10/30/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, One Event Per Day

This should be the easiest decision of your entire planning process. Go with Craig and you will not regret it for a second. In the lead up to the wedding he was by far our most responsive vendor, answering us pretty much immediately and always going above and beyond to help. You'll really appreciate this when juggling all your vendors! He's also incredibly flexible- working with the small band we had for cocktail hour and setting up my niece who sang during the ceremony with AV equipment. And last- but most importantly- he knew how to read our crowd and the dance floor was packed the entire night!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Craig is so nice and was incredibly easy to work with while planning our wedding. He was our most responsive vendor, always thoroughly answering our questions and providing helpful suggestions for songs to use, timing of the reception events, etc. The day of the wedding he showed up early and was very flexible, as we needed to change a few things the day of when we moved our outdoor ceremony indoors. Most importantly, the music and dancing all night was all on point. We had given him very little direction on the music selection, and he did a great job reading our crowd and keeping people on the dance floor. Everyone said how fun the reception was, and I'm sure that had a lot to do with Craig!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/1/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Craig. We first met him for a drink at a bar to go over our wedding details and what we were looking for exactly in a DJ. We hit it off right away and booked him a few days later! We had a few changes with the initial contract and timing, and Craig was EXTREMELY quick to respond with anything we needed. When it came time for the wedding, we had several changes to songs the week of and he was extremely accommodating. He also has great song recommendations so make sure to ask him for his huge PDF file! He helped us set our officiant up for the ceremony even though we had live music by other musicians at that time. His music selection and feel of the crowd was key in making our day so special. We could not have imagined working with anyone else on our wedding day and are so thankful for Craig!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/17/16, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Craig was AMAZING! As the groom it was my job to find the DJ and I nailed it. From the initial phone call with him, through planning leading up to the wedding, DJ Craig was quick to answer our questions, understood all of our requests and he even created a special Tarantella/Horah mashup for us. At the wedding itself DJ Craig was totally on point and crafted the perfect playlist that had everyone, young and old, dancing throughout the night. Afterward he even sent us a list of the songs he played so we could make a playlist of it ourselves. He also provided all the uplights and speakers and the officiant microphone as part of his very reasonable fee.

Profile Picture User7312890, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Craig was more than anything we could have asked for in a DJ. We inquired about booking him and the next day we had a meeting setup. During the meeting, we had a great feeling about him. He was professional, well organized and knew exactly what questions to ask. About a week before the wedding, we had another call with him just to go over the wedding timeline and last minute details. He made it so stress free.

We were worried because we didn't have anybody to film our ceremony and wanted to see if he had any ideas. Long story short, he ended up buying a Go Pro to film our ceremony...a really, really nice surprise that he didn't have to do.

For the actual wedding, he had awesome uplighting and a great setup. He knows how to keep people on the dance floor and keep the party going. After the toasts and first dance was done, the dance floor was packed all night and, if I do say so myself, Craig made it the most fun wedding we've ever been to!!

I would recommend Craig 100/100 times...not a single question about it.

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/27/16, 5 Reviews