DJ Chris Paul Reviews

147 | Palm Springs, CA

147 Reviews for DJ Chris Paul

1 User photo

Kasey · Married on 03/23/2014

My wedding was the best night of my life. Chris Paul helped make that happen! My fiancé (now husbend) and I had been to a lot of weddings and we knew what we wanted and what we didn't. Chris Paul understood my needs and made them happen. His immediate response to emails and extensive play list was only the begging. He made sure that my best friend could sing at our wedding with a microphone and assisted my dad in the best father daughter dance. He was professional and so kind. I would recommend Chris for a wedding or any other event!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Diana · Married on 03/01/2014

Chris Paul was hands down the best wedding DJ ever. He made our wedding a party to remember. Everyone was dancing the entire evening. He was very responsive to any emails I sent him and we met with him several times before the big day. I basically left the music for the reception in his hands and I wouldn't change a thing. He seamlessly handled everything from before the ceremony, to the dinner and the dancing. Also, the music videos he played on the dance floor were amazing. I wish I could have more parties so I could hire Chris to dj them.

Sent on 03/03/2014

Rachel · Married on 02/22/2014

My [new] husband and I absolutely loved working with DJ Chris Paul! In addition to being extremely funny, he is also personable and easy to work with. We really felt like he listened to us and went to great lengths to make our “wedding soundtrack” exactly what we wanted. My husband likes random 60’s lounge-lizard music, so Chris Paul made it work for the cocktail hour. I wanted to dance all night to early 90’s hip-hop and R&B, so Chris Paul made it happen! We left it up to him to choose the last song of the night, and he surprised us with the perfect one! Also, having the videos projected on the wall by the dance floor was a fun bonus feature. Initially, I was concerned that videos would take away from the event, but they really just added to the ambience. Overall, four very enthusiastic thumbs-up! Thank you so much!

Sent on 03/16/2014

Richard & Jason · Married on 02/15/2014

DJ Chris Paul was amazing. Having a destination wedding did worry us (we had it in California, but live in NY), its always difficult to find someone who understands what you are looking for without meeting him in person. I must say he nailed it at once, after our first conference call with him, he captured exactly our taste for music and the direction we were aiming for on our wedding. When we met the week of the wedding, he had made a excellent pre-selection of songs, every song was perfect. You can tell he has passion for what he does, it is not just playing music that play on a radio, he chose songs that really represented us and during the wedding he kept everyone dancing and having a great time. I always say music is probably the most important part of a party, it stays with you long after the wedding is over. We are so grateful we found him, and wouldn't doubt for a second recommending him. And this is not only us, it was a common sentiment, our guests kept asking us how did we find such a good DJ. Thank you Chris!

Sent on 03/23/2014

Caroline · Married on 02/01/2014

Do yourself a favor and book Chris Paul to DJ your wedding!!! He is so incredible....I told him we wanted a party....and boy did we get our party! It was SO much fun. From the beginning, I knew I made the right decision. He is extremely prompt at getting back to you and when I was out in Palm Springs the few times leading up to the wedding, he always made himself available to meet me at the venue to go over all the details. We worked together to come up with the best playlist for my wedding and throughout the night, I had all my guests commenting on what a party it was. He mixed the perfect blend of current as well as some throwback songs to appease everyone. I would do anything to go back and relive that night. Chris is such a cool guy with extreme talent at his career and I would recommended to anyone planning a wedding or event. Thank you, Chris, for the best night of my life!

Sent on 02/18/2014

DJ Chris Paul's reply:

Thank you , it was brilliant!

Miles · Married on 11/23/2013

Chris Paul is an artist. There's a reason why he is THE DJ in Palm Springs, and now we know first hand. From pre-ceremony classical through cocktail hour jazz, to pumping top forty dance party, this guy KILLED it. The music video projection on the the wall turned out to be one of the biggest hits of the evening, and we're so glad we did it. It added an extra element of energy and excitement, and looked very classy. Chris is someone who is very aware of what's going on around him, making subtle changes to the playlist in realtime to orchestrate builds in the evening. Never overbearing, always just the right vibe at the right time. Kind of magical actually. Chris was a pleasure to work with leading up to the event, available and very accommodating. Everything we asked for we heard, but it was the choices he made that really blew us away. We felt like Chris knew exactly what to do at all points in the night. Without a doubt one of the biggest components of our successful party, and we would highly recommend him!

Sent on 02/18/2014

DJ Chris Paul's reply:

Thank you Miles, it as a pleasure to work with someone who really knows their music and I loved it, what a great party! Cheers!

Danny · Married on 11/03/2013

If you’re a DJ there are certain things that money can buy: high-end audio equipment, flashy turntables, staggering vinyl collections, expensive looking headphones endorsed by hip-hop artists.

Then there are things that – even if you are blessed with Bill Gates-ian sized wealth - simply cannot be purchased: stage presence, creativity, and above all great taste in music.

DJ Chris Paul, unequivocally, has all of these cannot-be-bought qualities - including some of the finest sonic acumen of anyone I have ever encountered. When my wife and I hired him to provide the tunes for our wedding, he patiently worked with us on our song selection, helping pick tunes that were both personally resonant to us but also rollickingly fun and a joy to dance to.

When the ceremony actually took place he took command of the event, directing throngs of guests (a tough thing to do – especially after cocktail hour) with a gentle yet authoritative demeanor (not to mention a wry British accent). The reception itself proved to be complete blast with our 140+ guests showing off their best moves on the dance floor set to music ranging from early Jackson 5 to Sticky Fingers era Rolling Stones to some of the very best offerings from Daryl Hall and John Oates. (Pro tip: Chris Paul also offers a visual component to accompany the music. It’s seriously awesome. Get it.)

Multiple people approached us and said that our wedding was the very best one they had ever attended. Flattering? Sure! And in no small way due to Mr. Paul’s efforts. More importantly, however, in Chris Paul we’ve made a friend for life. How many people can say that about their wedding DJ?

Sent on 11/10/2013

Shannon · Married on 10/27/2013

Chris was more than a DJ! First, and I think most important, Chris is a lovely person! He is very friendly, easy to converse with, and extremely funny. He made us feel as if we were making a friend rather than hiring a DJ. And let’s talk about the term “DJ”! Chris is SO much more than a “DJ”! Chris has an ear for music, he knows what works, he knows what is popular, and he knows all genres making it very easy for him to get a feel what his clients are looking for. We had what some may consider “different” music for our ceremony. Chris did not blink an eye at your choice, he took our music, edited it, and it was EXACTLY what we wanted. Any song request I came up with he found, and I can come up with some pretty strange music. I don’t know how many times during the wedding that my husband and I talked with Chris, and to be honest I enjoyed talking with him more than most of the attendees. I would hire Chris again without a second thought. I am looking forward to future events such as birthdays or anniversaries so that we can hire him again. We not only feel we made a wonderful choice with choosing Chris Paul as our DJ, but that we walked away with great memories and a new friend!

Sent on 11/07/2013

DJ Chris Paul's reply:

Thanks for those lovely words Shannon, and yes, you have a friend in Palm Springs, I enjoyed meeting and planning a great soundtrack with you and really had a great time with you and your friends, yea, your girlfriends are crazy! Look forward to hanging out with you both next time you are in the desert!
    Cheers darlin!

Heidi · Married on 10/25/2013

Upon meeting DJ Chris Paul, we knew we needed to look no further for our wedding DJ. Chris is professional and funny, hard to come by in one package!
    He listened to our desires and did a fantastic job helping to create the atmosphere + vibe for our special celebration, begining to end.
    The music he played was absolutely AMAZING! He knew exactly the right combination of songs to get the party going and to keep the party going.
    DJ Chris Paul is a man that knows what he's doing, he comes with our highest recommendation!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Josh · Married on 10/13/2013

Chris was amazing at our wedding! From the first time we met him, we knew we made the right choice. He was helpful, providing suggestions where we wanted to defer to his expertise, but also accommodating of the specific requests that we did have. The night was fantastic -- everything we could have wanted. He was a pleasure to work with. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Charles · Married on 10/11/2013

In one word, DJ Chris Paul was "amazing". He was our favorite vendor to work with at our wedding, and he took SO MUCH time out of his day, each time we traveled down to Palm Springs, to meet with us and to ensure that we were happy and as stress-free as possible.

When asked about the favorite part of our wedding, nearly every guest said "that DJ was amazing and his set-up was unlike anything that I have ever seen before." He had ALL of the guests dancing the entire night and we actually went over our reception time at the hotel by an hour because the guests were having such an amazing time on the dance floor.

From the lights, to the video screens, to Chris himself - it was awesome.

Thank you DJ Chris Paul for making our wedding amazing and memorable. DJ Chris Paul is by far the best DJ in Palm Springs and I would vouch that he would make anyone's wedding absolutely awesome.

Sent on 12/06/2013
  • Adina

Adina · Married on 09/28/2013

Working was DJ Chris Paul was seriously one of the best decisions my husband and I made when planning our wedding. He was super fun, professional, and we just felt confident that he would deliver an awesome dance party - and boy did he ever!!! The dance floor was PACKED the entire time! Guests loved the cool up-lighting and videos he projected - it added a really unique visual element to our dance floor. Chris was in charge of all the sound and music for the entire wedding and everything went perfectly. He provided a clip-on wireless mic for our officiant and had a wireless mic for a reading during the ceremony and also the toasts. Chris met with my husband and I at our venue (Casa Cody Inn, Palm Springs) before the wedding and gave us great suggestions of where we should place the dance floor and the bar - and all his suggestions were spot on - the flow of the wedding really worked out. We also spent some time in person talking about the type of music we wanted at various stages of the wedding (pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour, introduction, dinner, and dance party). Chris listened to what we wanted and offered us great suggestions based on our taste in music and personalities. The music throughout the day truly felt like "us" and the guests loved it! Chris was also super flexible about last minute changes. My husband and I couldn't decide on a parent dance song. During the reception, we finally decided that we would regret not doing it, so we gave Chris our thoughts, he bought a few options on iTunes instantly and without skipping a beat, introduced us and the song and kept everything short and sweet. It was beyond perfect! I highly, highly, HIGHLY, recommend hiring DJ Chris Paul - you will not regret it! Plus, his accent is pretty awesome! ;)

Sent on 10/15/2013

DJ Chris Paul's reply:

You guys are awesome! I knew we would have a great time the very first meeting we had, and that was quite a meeting! Stay in touch! Cheers!

Devon · Married on 09/07/2013

Amazing DJ - Could not have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 09/12/2013

We would absolutely recommend Chris and are so happy with our experience!
    We so enjoyed our first meeting with him (at The Ace hotel which recommended him) and knew right away that we wanted him to be a part of our wedding.
    He asked for a must-play and a do-not-play list and we appreciated that those considerations would be met. He then did a great job of tailoring the music to our crowd and getting everyone on the dance floor having fun. It was such a blast!
    And of course Chris comes with his amazing British accent so the announcements sound great!
    He really was a delight to work with and I would absolutely say you should have him dj your wedding!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Candice · Married on 06/15/2013

DJ Chris Paul was awesome! He knew the wedding venue inside and out and was so helpful in helping us prepare for the big day! Loved his choice of music and he listened to what styles we prefer. Everyone complimented us on the music videos he plays during the songs as well - adds an extra cool factor to the dance party :)

Sent on 07/06/2013

Sharon · Married on 06/01/2013

Chris was great to work with, he helped to create an amazing atmosphere for our wedding. I loved how he, in his own words, scored everything from the pre ceremony music to the reception like a movie building the drama until the party and dancing begins. I can't tell you how many of our guests came up to us and commented on how great Chris was. He helped to create the perfect reception, I can't express how great he really was. If you ever get the chance to use Chris for your wedding then do it, you will be very happy you did.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Todd · Married on 05/11/2013

Dj Chris Paul. Professional, detailed, funny, on time, excellent communicator during our planning process for our wedding and a great DJ on site. Our guests loved him and the music was great. Thank you DJ Chris. Definitely would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 06/21/2013

Katie · Married on 05/04/2013

Chris is simply the best! My husband and I couldn't be happier with the services that Chris provided for our wedding, the music was perfect, and Chris is a great guy! The video dance party that he provides (if requested) was a highlight enjoyed by us and MANY of our guests, we got tons of compliments on the great time everyone had because of the music and dancing.

All in all, we made a great choice in choosing Chris to DJ our wedding, he is a pleasure to work with, and has great taste in music!

Sent on 05/31/2013

Tim · Married on 03/30/2013

We had the pleasure of working with Chris for our wedding last march in Palm Springs. He was great to work with, professional, and best of all: cool. We had some really strong opinions about what kind of music we wanted with a wide mix of tastes and genres: big band classics, top 40, new wave, house, indie rock, and hip hop. Couldve been a wreck but Chris was super calm and collaborative and gave us some great suggestions. In the end the playlist was a massive hit with everyone. I'd hire Chris anytime and recommend him for parties or weddings or whatever.

Sent on 04/22/2013

Sulia · Married on 03/22/2013

My husband and I couldn't be happier that we selected Chris Paul to be the DJ for our wedding. He was able to execute exactly what we wanted in terms of the vibe for the ceremony and reception. We did not give him a set playlist (something my friends have done for their wedding), because we had a lot of trust in him that he would be able to deliver what we wanted. I gave him my vision of the feel for each part of the wedding, and let him take it from there. He also gave me great advice on songs that would fit our crowd, songs to avoid, etc. He has the unique ability to read a crowd, something only a talented musician is able to do. I can't say enough good things about Chris, and I truly hope that everyone who reads this hires him for their wedding.

Even today, our guests are still commenting how great he was, and how it was such a great party. We have already recommended Chris to all of our friends, whether they're getting married, throwing a party, or a corporate event.

Sent on 05/01/2013

brian · Married on 12/15/2012

DJ Chris Paul is the best in the biz! He is the recommended vendor for the Parker Palm Springs and we were so glad to get to meet him.

The end product on our wedding day was absolutely spot-on. His attention to our requests, selection to match our tastes, and reading of what was working on the reception dance floor were all terrific. He spoke at appropriate times and stuck to the music the rest of the time. Additionally, he and his assistant provided flawless sound and music for our ceremony. Chris has all of the needed equipment and know-how. There was no hint of a human fumbling to make things work, rather it was like the music and amplified sound magically occurred.

Special notes about the reception... two groomsmen asked him to help them with music accompaniment to their speech at the last minute and he was able to understand what they wanted then flawlessly execute his part. We were also extremely skeptical of using music videos during the reception, however after meeting Chris several times we decided to trust the professional. What a good choice we made! Chris knows his business and the videos received many compliments! The videos were a hit!

It was truly a pleasure meeting Chris and planning our wedding with him over the past year. He's a cool guy with great ideas who takes pride in his profession. As for costs, there's nothing hidden, no weird additions, and no other nickel and diming going on. He's not trying to scam anyone. He names a price for his product and I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/20/2012

Corey · Married on 12/08/2012

DJ Chris Paul was excellent to work with from start to finish! He was very easy to relate to and he handled everything from the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception. The atmosphere he created was so much fun and he had the dance floor packed all night!! Chris was also great in suggesting songs and genres for different points in the evening. There is not a single thing that we could complain about with DJ Chis Paul's services. We would highly recommend DJ Chris Paul to any couple looking to have a fun party with a very reliable DJ!
    -Corey and Annie

Sent on 01/07/2013

Andrew · Married on 11/11/2012

DJ Chris Paul is the real deal. Music is hugely important to us and he got the vibe perfectly right every step of the way. From the ceremony to cocktail hour to dinner and on to the most epic dance party EVER. No one left the floor the entire night! Highly recommend his amazing video projections too. They are an unexpected highlight to the night! On a personal note: he's a totally charming, laid back professional who clearly loves what he does. You won't be sorry!

Sent on 12/10/2012

Tory · Married on 10/26/2012

It truly was perfect! He did an amazing job from beginning to end and I couldn't be more thankful. Everyone I have spoken with after my wedding have told me that had they had such a wonderful time and that the music was just perfect! Chris was a joy to work with and made the evening flow and made sure I was at ease the entire day!

Sent on 10/28/2012

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2012

DJ Chris Paul was a HUGE part of the success of our wedding! When we initially met with him, he told us he'd throw us a party and that's exactly what he did!! From start to finish, he was amazing...always taking the time to review the music, offer suggestions and just chat. He also provided me with the outlines for my day-of schedule and they were such a huge help. One of my favorite parts was when he opened the doors to the Viceroy ballroom the whole thing was lit up in blue lights...it was magical and just set the tone for the whole evening. If you're getting married, there is no other choice but Chris Paul for your DJ...thanks, Chris!!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2012