DJ Chris Paul Reviews

147 | Palm Springs, CA

147 Reviews for DJ Chris Paul

1 User photo

Michael · Married on 03/21/2015

Chris was THE BEST to work with. We put on an Old Hollywood style wedding with a few production numbers where a professional DJ was imperative. Chris went above and beyond. He has lighting and a photo booth. Sound equipment with microphones too. We used 2 video screens and he incorporated black and white movies during dinner with his projector. Then we had great dance music with coordinating videos playing on the screens. From initial meeting and planning to arrival hour music, through ceremony, cocktails, reception, and dancing the event went off without a hitch. Thank you, Chris!!

Sent on 04/08/2015

Denise · Married on 02/07/2015

My husband and I could not have been more happy with DJ Chris. He was recommended to us by everyone we met in Palm Springs while planning our wedding and after hiring him we know why. The guy is fun, responsive, professional, really knows his music, and does an exceptional job reading the crowd. DJ Chris had even the "non dancing types" out on the floor all night and I had several people comment that the only thing that could have been improved about our wedding was the size of the dance floor!

I highly recommend Chris and feel confident in saying that regardless of your music choice or crowd you will not be disappointed with Chris. We couldn't have been happier that we hired him.

Sent on 03/21/2015

Lauren · Married on 01/24/2015

Chris is amazing! It's over a year after our wedding and our guests still talk about how great Chris was. He can get everyone to the dance floor by reading the crowd. What a talent! He is super easy to work with. He communicated well, he brought this great projection setup, lights, etc. He went over and beyond.

Sent on 02/20/2016

Jim · Married on 01/17/2015

DJ Chris Paul was highly recommended by Leslie Lombino-Ridge at "Spencer's at the Mountain" in Palm Springs where we held our wedding. We booked a year in advance and knew he was the DJ for our event. Professional, witty, and experienced. He was organized and even helped us fine tune our ceremony, reception, dinner entrance, and dance. He is more than a DJ. Chris creates a party! He interacts, projects video of songs to keep everyone entertained. Trust me, he is worth every penny!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Gabby · Married on 01/03/2015

DJ Chris Paul was THE BEST!! Not only does he have a fabulous British accent, but he's the BEST at getting people on the dance floor and understands what music is appropriate to play at certain times of the evening. He also has a hug projector that plays the music videos of the songs being played and that made it so fun!! Everyone Asked us who are DJ was after the wedding! He was amazing!!

Sent on 04/07/2015

Leo · Married on 12/13/2014

The music and the videos were awesome and I highly recommend Chris Paul for your event.

Sent on 04/07/2015

Sarah · Married on 12/05/2014

DJ Chris Paul was awesome!!! I originally told him we wanted more of a dinner party vibe but my husband convinced me we needed some more dance music and Chris KILLED IT! I danced my ass off. He was easy to work with, responsive and got rave reviews from other guests.

Sent on 12/12/2014

DJ Chris Paul's reply:

Thank you Sarah, you certainly did, so much fun!

Abby · Married on 11/15/2014

There's no one in Southern California that can get a party rolling like Chris Paul! It was a killer party and he did an absolutely incredible job. When it came time for dancing at our wedding, I honestly think there was never a moment when the dance floor wasn't packed, which was awesome. We had people asking us all night where we found the DJ because he was that impressive. Chris is very collaborative, approachable, easy to work with, and has a great sense of humor. You can't go wrong with him!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Dan · Married on 11/01/2014

Chris is everything we needed in a wedding DJ and some. We had a pretty horrible experience with our wedding site coordinator, but he was easily able to take over control of the reception keep things on track. A true class act.

He has to be the best DJ in town, he has every style of music you could ask for and really gets a feel on what you like. Then he can really reads the crowd and keeps everyone dancing and having a great time. I would recommend Chris every time.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Tanya · Married on 10/31/2014

I am a local hairstylist in the desert. I have been to many, many weddings. I cannot say enough how important a good DJ is! It can make or break your event. I didn't have a wedding planner. I could call or text Chris anytime. He always responds and I could meet with him in person. Chris helped me keep my wedding flowing, gave me helpful advice, and kept me on track with the traditional aspects, without there ever being downtime. His DJ set up is beautiful, it looked perfect with my decor. When I came back to work my friends couldn't stop talking about how much fun they had and how funny my DJ was.
    Worth Every Penny

Sent on 11/20/2014

Dana · Married on 10/25/2014

Chris was AMAZING! We got so many compliments from our guests about the music at our wedding. We had mostly 30-35 year-olds in from LA, SF and NYC but my parents and their friends were also out of their seats dancing much of the night. You don't realize how important a DJ is until it's your own wedding. They not only create and keep the party going, they also set the tone for it with announcements and timing. We described some of the music we liked for each of the "segments" of the wedding - ceremony, cocktail reception, dinner, and then dancing. Chris picked up on what we were describing and immediately said "I know exactly what you are looking for here... how about this? And then this? Followed by this?" He was spot-on and made it so easy! And he delivered perfectly. Chris also played our ceremony music and was instrumental in helping us choose our selections. Throughout, from the initial meeting to the wedding day, he was easy going and helpful. He kept everything running smoothly from beginning to end. And his lovely British accent is adorable as well!

Sent on 10/28/2014

DJ Chris Paul is AWESOME! Our wedding was the best night of our lives in part thanks to him. He worked with us on music for each "event" for our wedding to set the tone and feelings that we were looking to evoke. He let us pick the genres and our favorite songs that we wanted to hear, but then filled in around these to complete the night. He is a master at making the event flow, reading the audience, and ensuring an awesome good time for everyone. Our dance floor was packed the entire night. He even found some rather obscure songs for us that we requested. I would HIGHLY reccomend him. I want to throw another huge party just so I can book him again!!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Jacob · Married on 10/12/2014

Chris was a great DJ. Fantastic taste, and the videos were a nice touch. He also helped us pick a song to walk down the aisle to. Highest recommendation.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Mark · Married on 10/10/2014

DJ Chris was an awesome addition to our big day! From the initial meeting, planning and event execution he did an amazing job of listening to suggestions and energizing the guests. Chris is experienced and it shows in his ability to tailor the music to the flow of the wedding. From cocktails to dinner to reception Chris can make it all mesh perfectly and facilitate the timely flow of things with announcements and guidance. His music library is extensive and he met every request from our diverse and various aged guests. As with anything else you get what you pay for and DJ Chris Paul was worth every penny. Music is a key component to a fun and memorable wedding and thanks in part to Chris our wedding was everything we could of hoped for. I would highly suggest using him for any event needing a vibrant and professional DJ. Thanks Chris, You're the best!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Carolina · Married on 10/04/2014

Its been a month now since our wedding and when we talk to our guests, the first thing they say is " Your DJ was awesome". My one wish for my wedding was for my guests to dance their faces off and they did! DJ Chris Paul was wonderful to work with, super responsive and very accommodating to my requests, he also helped guide me when I was too overwhelmed to make decisions. Super professional and super fun, the dance floor looked amazing. I hope to be able to work with him again in the future.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Jillian · Married on 09/28/2014

Choosing Chris Paul for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. I feel that music almost more than anything sets the tone and feeling of the event and was vitally important to us. From the very start, Chris was excited, professional and responsive. We met twice in the months leading up to the wedding to discuss song choices and the feeling we wanted to convey, which I felt was really him going above and beyond. We had a million ideas of what we wanted the music to be and Chris helped us focus into a cohesive feeling for the day, respecting both the songs that were important to us and also offering ideas when we asked.

Do yourself a favor, and book Chris Paul early! Best decision I made.

Sent on 10/29/2014

jessica · Married on 09/27/2014

DJ Chris was such a big part of our wedding! He provided our pre ceremony music all the way to our dancing at the end. He was the perfect choice and listened to all our concerns. He also made really great suggestions. We were hesitant to have the music videos play during our dancing, however Chris convinced us and I'm glad he did. Our guests are still talking about how much fun the music videos made everything. If you hire DJ Chris, he will certainly be the one vendor you don't have to worry about!

Sent on 11/01/2014

Meagan · Married on 06/28/2014

Chris Paul was the biggest hit of our wedding. Period. Other than the 106 degree heat, we heard more comments about how great Chris was than anything else. Chris was not only responsive, but very eager to work with us on everything related to the musical components of the wedding. He answered all phone calls/emails promptly, he met with us twice before the wedding, and helped us to do it right while still having us put our own personal touch on the music. He found a way to help us integrate our favorite music (which is anything but mainstream) into the ceremony and events, without compromising the quality of entertainment for everyone else. His knowledge of music and vast library of selections helped to make the event great. One of the biggest hits was his playlist of big band and American Standards for the dinner hour. During the main dancing portion, he kept the entire crowd into it at all times. Also, do not think twice about the video display option... I was skeptical at first but it was truly great.

Chris is a true professional who knows what he is doing and is well worth the fee. I don't know any other DJs in the area, but I am sure he is the best.

Chris, thanks for braving the heat with us, we truly appreciate it. Also, many thanks for helping Meagan's father choreograph his presentation... that was one for the books. Best, Sean and Meagan

Sent on 01/06/2015

Chris was so easy to work with and gave us great suggestions on how we could best set up the room for dancing. He helped create a club vibe with lights and his video screen, but still kept it at a level that was appropriate for a reception. He met with us in advance and planned the music we wanted and discussed with us what we could expect. The day of our event, he was on time, dressed professionally and delivered a high quality evening. He kept the dance floor packed until the last song of the night, and delivered what he promised. Our guests were impressed, as were we and we recommend him without hesitation.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Mike · Married on 05/17/2014

This is not your average Blindly Leave Five Stars review. There really isn't another reasonable opinion of the work of DJ Chris Paul.

It never occurred to me that a great wedding DJ could also be a great DJ. We had a few guests who annually go to Ultra, Bonaroo, Coachella, and other world-class music festivals who were stunned at the talent of Mr. Paul. The beats were rolling constantly and the dance floor was always packed; even the wallflowers had no choice but to join in.

Mr. Paul demonstrates an innate feel for the party, moving in a brilliant way from song-to-song, moment-to-moment. What was originally thought of as a fun twist on the mother-son dance became the kickstarter for an absolutely insane evening.

My wife and I were blown away. Trust me, you will be as well.

Sent on 05/19/2014

Lara · Married on 05/10/2014

DJ Chris Paul was by far one of the best decisions we made in the wedding process. His communication during the months leading up to the wedding were great. He even took the time to meet with me last minute at our venue, just a few short weeks before the wedding. He was so flexible and extremely professional with all my requests. He gave us great suggestions to make our wedding a success. Our wedding was so much fun, and the day after when I talked to everyone they had so many great things to say about the DJ. He kept everyone on their feet dancing and played something for everyone. He even had my grandma on the dance floor the entire night! It was an extra special bonus for us that Chris is British because my husband is from London, and we had lots of british guests. Thank you Chris for being such a special part of the best day of our lives!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Chris Paul was the ultimate professional. He made himself available for two lengthy meetings on two dates in advance of our event to share ideas, learn our preferences and plan in detail every step of his services tailored specially for our event. He delivered in every aspect, and kept to our plan so that our event was just how we wanted. He was not afraid to make suggestions and to let us know if he thought our plan could be improved upon (and his suggestions ended up being correct). A number of our guests commented to us that they thought he did a great job-- and we agree!!

Joseph · Married on 05/04/2014

A pleasure to work with & total professional. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 05/18/2014

DJ Chris Paul was so great to work with.
    His playlist was excellent!! Love his music selection for the reception and for the dancing.
    We had a great time dancing the night away!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Tia · Married on 04/26/2014

Believe the hype. We had high expectations for Chris Paul as our wedding DJ based on his reviews, and he delivered. He took the time to meet with us in person to talk us through what he has to offer and to listen to our feedback to customize the evening to our tastes. Also as promised, he "read the crowd" and played music that kept the dance floor packed with everyone from my grandmother to our friends to my younger cousins. The next day, everyone kept mentioning how great the music was. He is worth every penny of his (very reasonable) fees. Book him while you can!

Sent on 05/28/2014