DJ Chris Paul Reviews

147 | Palm Springs, CA

147 Reviews for DJ Chris Paul

1 User photo

kyle · Married on 11/17/2016

DJ Chris is the real deal. He was a true professional that we could just count on to get the job done... and then some!
    We weren't sure about all the songs we should include in our playlist for the dance floor so we left it in his hands to facilitate, and he nailed it. Highly recommend his services.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Jen · Married on 11/12/2016

DJ Chris Paul is an wedding renaissance man. He's handling all sound for my wedding, serving as a master of ceremonies throughout the day, DJing, bringing in the photo booth & attendant and handling all lighting and even tenting our dance room. Couldn't have asked for more! Can't wait for our big day!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Brian · Married on 10/16/2016

Chris was very professional and helped make the wedding transition smoothly throughout the night to the different stages (first dance, speeches, cake cutting etc.). This was especially important because we elected to not go with a wedding planner or even a day of planner. Music was great and he was great at understanding what the crowd wanted to dance to. He responded quickly to any questions we had and was very easy to work with! We highly recommend his services!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Ashley · Married on 10/15/2016

Chris was fantastic to work with, very responsive and professional from the very beginning up until the day of the wedding. He did a great job reading the crowd and playing appropriate music at different times of the night. He was obviously very comfortable as an MC and did a fantastic job flowing from one event to the next (grand entrance, dances, cake cutting, and so on ...). Everyone had a blast using his photo booth, we received a digital download of all of the photo booth shots in conclusion of the event (literally every single one of our guests used the photo booth, it was one of the highlights of the reception). Chris displays music videos while simultaneously mixing his playlist, what a fantastic feature this was, it was a great way to keep people involved on the dance floor. Chris also provided uplights in the room, which really helped set the mood for dancing after dinner so we didn't have to keep the ballroom lights on to have visibility the space. We have attended weddings where a DJ's odd choices in music left crickets on the dance floor, I don't think there was one point throughout the reception where there wasn't anyone on the dance floor having a good time dancing the night away (and I wouldn't necessarily have considered our guests a dancing crowd).Thank you Chris!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Rachel · Married on 09/30/2016

Book Chris. Let him take the lead. He will NOT disappoint! He's amazing to work with, super professional, knows how to go with the vibe, and will make your event a night to remember. THE BEST!!!!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Dana · Married on 09/24/2016

Chris was awesome! He was recommended by my planner and when we met we clicked. His style was perfect for our wedding: fun, classy, funky, and most importantly, up to date! He had great suggestions about extra lighting, using videos along with music, set up locations, etc. He made it super easy, and as an event planner myself, I am all about easy! Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Angela · Married on 07/09/2016

Chris Paul is an AWESOME DJ!! We had him at our wedding reception and he did an amazing job keeping the crowd dancing and the night moved along so smoothly. He really took the time to get to know us and the kind of music we wanted at our reception. Due to our distance it was difficult to meet in person, but we had skype meetings that were so personable. He is very professional and kind. His pricing is fair and his music choices are AMAZING! I can't tell you how many people I have talked to since our reception that said, "Your DJ was the best!" Such a fitting compliment for Chris Paul because he really is the best! Look no further for your wedding DJ!

Sent on 09/08/2016

DJ Chris Paul's reply:

Thank you! I have to say, meeting and working with you guys was such a pleasure. I really enjoyed your music choices and so did the guests, so really, you made me look good! I had a great time and really enjoyed pulling a few classics out to play. Thank you!

Thomas · Married on 05/14/2016

We hired Chris for our wedding. He was very responsive via email and by phone. We gave him a list of songs that we liked and also worked with him to come up with suggestions based on our taste in music. He offered great and and varied music selection for our ceremony, reception/cocktail hour and after dinner dance party. We would hire him again and recommend Chris with the highest regard. Thank you DJ Chris!

Sent on 06/03/2016

Celeste · Married on 05/07/2016

Chris was a true professional!! He kept the dance floor full all night, took requests and helped keep the festivities on time. I would definitely hire him again.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Victor · Married on 05/01/2016

DJ Chris Paul was absolutely amazing! My wife and I are so happy to have had Chris as our DJ and MC on our wedding day. Chris is so talented and was able to read the crowd when playing and selecting music. Chris doesn’t just find tracks and hit play, but he mixes songs, acapellas, and beats together to make a unique sound that is tailored to the crowd. We left the dance floor lighting, up-lighting (it was an out-door wedding), and overall ambiance to Chris and we were blown away (as were our guests!) Needless to say everyone had a blast and was asking who our DJ was! Chris was very responsive and professional whenever we needed anything and he was extremely easy to work with throughout the entire wedding planning process. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/29/2016

Vesna · Married on 03/26/2016

Chris was one of our favorite vendors throughout the whole process. He was responsive and on top of everything at all times. He really did an incredible job at the ceremony both incorporating the music we selecting and bringing his choices into the mix, world class DJ all the way! Thanks Chris!

Sent on 05/20/2016

My wife and I had excellent experiences with our vendors, and DJ Chris Paul was no exception. Making the correct choices have a lot to do with style, and styles vary, but after one initial phone conversation with Chris (after a few email exchanges), I knew he was the perfect choice and would do a fantastic job.

My wife has only been in the US for 6 years (from Taiwan), so I lead the way (with her final approval on everything, of course) on the vendor choices and communication. In selecting a DJ, it was important to find one that would partner with us and represent our musical preferences throughout each portion of our wedding. I'm a big music fan (primarily indie rock and 90's and 2000's hip-hop), and during my initial conversation with Chris Paul, learned that style was right in his wheelhouse, so it seemed to be great match. He's very experienced, so I'm sure he has many "wheelhouses" and can deliver great parties across a spectrum of genres, but he rattled off a bunch of artists that I love and was very enthusiastic about working with me to score a great event.

Prep: He emailed me the number of songs he needed for specific parts of the wedding, which obviously was important for us to choose, but we also trusted him to make his own selections for the cocktail hour, dinner, and dance party based on a few style recommendations from us. After all, we are paying him for his expertise, otherwise we could just set up a playlist and hit "play." We also discussed timeline and flow of the actual wedding, and felt very comfortable that he would help keep the wedding on schedule and timed out properly.

Event: We didn't hire a wedding planner, so I really trusted and leaned on our vendors to make sure everything ran smoothly. Chris Paul showed up when he said he would, he set up properly, and technically executed a great event, beginning to end. Our guests danced for 2 hours straight. Chris Paul was the perfect choice for us.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Corlin · Married on 01/23/2016

DJ Chris Paul is incredibly talented and great to work with. He takes time to meet with you and hear your ideas, but honestly, he knows what he is doing and you're in great hands. Everyone danced the night away and weeks later I am still getting messages about how great the music was. He told us that when the dance floor opened our guests would be in awe over the lights and the music going off. Everyone was. My mother in-law can't stop talking about it. I can't recommend him enough. Book DJ Chris Paul, book his photo booth. Let him do his thing and you will be so happy. He is a pro. Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without him.

Sent on 02/08/2016

DJ Chris Paul's reply:

I have to say that your DJ skills were impressive too!! I have the pics to prove it lol. Thank you Corlin, it was so much fun!

Erin · Married on 11/21/2015

DJ Chris is the best. He nailed it with our music taste. From the ceremony to the end of night dance party he was spot on with the music. My husband and I could not be happier. Chris is such a professional. You don't have to worry at all if you hire him for your wedding. We gave him a list of songs to give him an idea of our music taste and he absolutely nailed it. We couldn't keep ourselves from the dance floor because all of the songs were our favorite songs. My mom and my mother in law were on the dance floor as well all night. We got a ton of compliments on the music and the overall feedback from all of our guests was that it was a great party. We hosted brunch the next morning and many guests didn't make it because they had too much fun the night before. Amazing wedding. Thank you DJ Chris for an awesome wedding!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Katie · Married on 11/07/2015

DJ Chris Paul was a big hit. Everyone at the wedding loved him and wanted more of him! He played all the requested music along with his own and it couldn't have gone better. He hit the timing and volume on all the planned music perfectly. His photo booth also had the most creative props I have seen and felt very professional. I would hands down recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Charmaine · Married on 10/25/2015

DJ Chris Paul is the best of the best!! We had the most incredible time at our wedding. His energy, enthusiasm, perfect song choices and British accent made for the best party. DJ Chris Paul met with us personally and via Facetime several times before the wedding. He was very open to our ideas, but also had great suggestions to make our wedding special and fun. At one point during our reception (ALL of the guests were on the dance floor) a guest came up to me and shouted, "Where did you find this guy?" That was all we needed to hear! We got married last month and we are continuing to hear from our family and friends that our Palm Springs wedding was the most fun wedding they have ever been to! Thank you DJ Chris Paul for creating such a PARTY and giving us a wonderful memory to last a lifetime....we are forever grateful!!!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Alexis · Married on 10/23/2015

Chris, what can I say but, Let's do it again!! Chris was awesome. Given the option to do it all over again I would choose him in a heart beat. He was so much fun to collaborate with leading up to our big day and was totally open to all of our non-traditional song requests and went one step further to make our song selection even better then what we had hoped. Within each portion of our wedding he carefully curated the perfect song selection to fit the mood we were going for and he created the perfect dance party atmosphere for our crazy group of friends!

He was also able to make the microphone, speaker set up for our ceremony so effortless which I was so grateful to not have to think about it. Every part of working with Chris was easy breezy.

Not only would I hire Chris again but I'd also love to sit and have a drink with him. He was an awesome DJ and an even more incredible person to get to know. Thank you for everything Chris!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Jenna · Married on 10/10/2015

DJ Chris had every guest at our wedding dancing the entire night. And that is all we wanted! He also was very nice about taking some song requests from our guests and he really understood our taste in music. People have been raving about how great our DJ was and how much fun they had. If you want a fun wedding with great music, I highly recommend Chris.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Brendan · Married on 10/08/2015

Couldn't have asked for a better dj!!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Hagit · Married on 10/05/2015

DJ Chris Paul was great! I made him a list of all the songs I was to play at my wedding even some from a different country and he played every song! Also he brought the photo booth which was SOOO much fun! Everyone loved it!
    Thanks a million DJ Chris!

Hagit & Tim

Sent on 11/09/2015

Kevin · Married on 10/02/2015

DJ Chris Paul, exceeded our expectations to say the least. My wife and I are pretty big music people, so the music and dancing at our wedding was one of/if not the most important part of our wedding. As many people know, there is a big difference between the corny wedding DJ and those that make a party, a great party. DJ Chris Paul was very responsive to all emails and calls, he made the extra effort to meet us at the venue before hand to share ideas, (all of which were brilliant), he worked together with us to make a sort of playlist, while at the same time allowing him to do what he does best. Everyone from children, to 90 year old grand parents were dancing.

We were even asked for a "CD of the wedding music" the following day. I can't recommend him enough!!!

Sent on 11/05/2015

DJ Chris Paul's reply:

Thanks mate. What a party that was. Seriously!!!! This is why I love what I do when I get the chance to play to an awesome crowd. Cheers!

DJ Chris Paul was the single factor that made our wedding "the funnest wedding we've ever been to!" We had such a great time that most of our guests stayed on the dance floor for every single song. Not an easy feat when you have a diverse guest list. He played the music we didn't even know we wanted to hear! As for the photo booth, it is a must. Just stop thinking about it and DO IT. The props were hilarious and our guests used them on the dance floor making the mood festive and exciting the whole night. DJ Chris Paul is an amazing professional, he worked so hard that night and even went over by an hour because we didn't want to stop! It was midnight before we knew it. He has a lot of experience with different types of music and offered insight into the ceremony selections as well. We loved working with him and would emphatically recommend him to anyone who asks. His pricing is very fair and reasonable compared to other DJs in the LA/OC area. Thank you DJ Chris for making our wedding night so memorable.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Christian · Married on 09/19/2015

We could not have asked for a more engaged, creative, upbeat, intelligent and musically gifted DJ than we enjoyed with DJ Chris Paul.

We are admitted music snobs and had a list of tunes requested for the event but Chris skillfully augmented and integrated additional songs which escaped our request list and incorporated them perfectly.

Beyond that, Chris was a delight to work with and could not have been cooler.

If you want an unforgettable event in which your guests cannot help themselves by dancing non-stop for hours on end, then Chris is your guy! Cannot recommend him any more highly!

Sent on 01/19/2016

DJ Chris Paul was a key part of making our wedding day so special. Our dance floor was full the entire night and all of our guests raved about the music and videos he played. Thanks Chris!

Sent on 04/07/2015

Kelli · Married on 03/28/2015

Wow!!!!! We Just Love Chris Paul and he is now part of our family!!!! We were so impressed with EVERYTHING he did for us to make our wedding perfect. Chris Paul met with us about 3-4 times prior to the wedding to get a feel for what style of music we wanted and just hang out with us away from his busy schedule. We mapped out a timetable with what type of music was to be played for each part of the wedding which made the whole night flow very nicely. Chris Paul not only took care of our ceremony music as well, but also agreed to be our Officiant!!!!!! The ceremony was outdoors and the reception was indoor at the Hard Rock Hotel in Palm Springs. Chris Paul's very funny and unique personality brought a lot of entertainment to the wedding as well with many laughs. His charisma and charm were the perfect touch to tie the whole experience together for our Rock N Roll Wedding. We also requested red up lighting, music videos and a photo booth, which Chris Paul was able to do for us as well for a great price. The reception definitely felt more like a sexy night club than a wedding and that's was exactly what we wanted. I cannot rant and rave enough about how wonderful the whole wedding was because of Chris Paul. The guests loved him and are STILL talking about how much fun the wedding was because of our DJ!!!!
    Thank you Chris Paul!!!!! xoxoxoxoxo Kelli & Ryan Lee