DJ-Chicago Reviews

1 User photo

DJ-Chicago 1
  • W

Wand · Married on 07/20/2013

Dylan of DJ Chicago was our wedding DJ and was one of the BEST values of our wedding.

We met with the owner, Mark, who was so attentive and read us perfectly in selecting Dylan to be our DJ. We hired them for both the ceremony and the reception, and he did a fantastic job at both. All my family's names were pronounced correctly (which is no easy feat), the music was perfectly timed, and best of all, he even reminded us to eat some dinner when we were getting carried away doing our table rounds (it was already 9 pm!).

Dylan read the crowd perfectly, and kept the dance floor packed all night. He respected our Do Not Play list, even when my maid of honor requested one of the songs(!), and smoothly incorporated any requests into the flow of the set. Our fear was the dreaded empty dance floor, but it never happened!

No doubt, this was the best vendor per dollar spent, hands down.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Mark, the owner, was our DJ. He was fabulous! He ran the wedding and kept everything right on track! He played the perfect music for our group. Not only was he amazing on the wedding day, he was also awesome at helping us get the flow of the wedding day set up when we met with him. He had great input and helped me find the perfect music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, entrances, and the reception. We loved Mark and DJ Chicago so much we have used them for some large family parties since! I would highly recommend Mark and DJ Chicago for any ones party/wedding.

Sent on 01/27/2014

Diana · Married on 03/09/2013

Mark did an excellent job at our wedding. We received so many complements on our DJ. He spent time with us to help choose the right songs for the different events throughout the night. Mark was extremely professional and couldn't have done a better job. I would recommend DJ Chicago for your next wedding. I truly couldn't have been more pleased!

Sent on 03/24/2013

Our dj for our wedding was amazing! Everyone was dancing and had a great time.

Sent on 02/11/2013

Kelly · Married on 10/20/2012

We had Alec from DJ Chicago play our wedding in October. He was so great!! We had some tricky intros and a different kind of father/daughter dance and he nailed everything! During the rest of the reception the dance floor was never empty. Throughout the entire experience Mark and Alec were completely professional, friendly and fun to work with. Mark was always responsive to any questions or changes we had. Our wedding was a great time thanks to DJ Chicago.

Sent on 11/16/2012

Alison · Married on 10/06/2012

We thought Alec did a great job at our wedding and kept the dance floor busy. We appreciated the meeting beforehand to get everything organized and discuss the type of music we wanted, as well as to get some ideas. We had a great time!

Sent on 01/21/2013

Our wedding at Salvatore's was awesome, largely in part because Chris, our DJ, helped throw such a fun party. The dance floor was packed the whole time, except maybe for a few minutes when the 2nd or 3rd obscure song from the Tragically Hip was played. I know we mentioned this as a favorite band of my husband's when meeting with Mark and Chris before the wedding, but we didn't think it wouldn't get much, if any, play! That is such a tiny, minor thing though. I accidentally threw the bouquet at the chandelier - that was probably the only low point. And seconds earlier, Chris had warned me about it. He was very attentive to detail and really helped us all through the key moments. He was not a hokey DJ at all, in fact, he pretty much only talked when absolutely necessary. Mark and Chris will ask in advance what "group" songs you wouldn't mind being played. We told them Cha-Cha Slide, but only if the dance floor was empty; that song didn't get played. Chris read the mood of the crowd perfectly and seemed to know exactly what to play and when. It was about a week or two after Gangnam style hit - Chris refused to play it even though a few guests asked for it. He had the foresight to know we would ultimately not want to associate that song with our wedding day. Thank you Chris!

Sent on 03/18/2013

Jillian · Married on 09/15/2012

We loved loved loved our DJ! We had heard DJ Chicago at a different wedding and we were immediately draw to their company. They were fantastic to work with and matched our style with the perfect DJ. We liked how they read the crowd, kept the dancing going, and helped us with the over all flow of the night. We picked our DJ because we liked his ability to mix songs and over lay certain tracks. He listened to our requests but knew when the time was right to play certain songs. The company's owner, Mark, was outstanding to work with. They were very fast with correspondence via email, and I always felt in the loop.

Sent on 09/24/2012
  • User2921917 · 2+ years ago

We chose DJ-Chicago because they came highly recommended from our venue and they did not disappoint! Mark (the owner) is extremely organized, professional and knowledgeable and will make you feel 100% comfortable that every detail is taken care of. Mark and Tom (our DJ) met with us before the wedding to talk through all of the details and were very helpful to us in planning out the timeline of the day. Tom did a great job with the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and kept the flow of the day going without being cheesy or intrusive. We would highly recommend Mark and his team!

Sent on 12/31/2012

DJ Chicago did not disappoint. I loved our DJ (Alec). He made our ceremony and reception the perfect atmosphere. I also appreciate how fast they were at responding to emails. Thanks DJ Chicago-Mark and Alec!!!

Sent on 08/15/2012

Misty · Married on 07/07/2012

LOVE! I had SO much fun at my wedding thanks to DJ Chicago. Gil was our DJ and we cannot say enough good things about him! He kept the dance floor filled all night! Everyone was sad when the last song was played. We needed someone that could play a variety of music, old, new, spanish, dance, rock, etc. Gil was the man! We gave him a list of songs we liked, but only about 4 songs were on our "must play" list. He did not need help though. The music was probably the part of the wedding that I stressed the most about because we had such a variety of people, but Gil made everyone happy, and that's saying a lot, since my family can be hard to please! haha.

Sent on 07/18/2012

Jackie · Married on 06/22/2012

These guys are great! They are very flexible and understanding. Alec was our DJ and he kept the dance floor packed all night long! Our wedding was over a month ago and our guests are still raving about how much fun they had!

Sent on 07/30/2012
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 06/15/2012

I dont even know where to begin! Mark is the owner and he did our wedding. He was beyond awesome!!! Mark was a recommendation from a friend of mine, and he also did a close friend of ours wedding, which was a fun surprise. Everyone loves him!
    Over the course of my year and a half engagement my husband and I were able to add songs to this online playlist - adding little notes like Bouquet Toss song, etc... we also added must play songs, do not play songs and we could update it whenever we wanted. A couple weeks before our wedding we met with him and finalized everything and he really helped us pick our processional music because i was stumped.
    He really got to know us and the type of music we like and on the night of we had people on the dance floor from 8pm-12am! Everyone danced all night long - it was so amazing!!! He truly helped to make it one of the best nights of my life - so memorable, so much fun!!!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Jenn · Married on 05/12/2012

Everything we had expected and more from DJ Chicago!

We originally set up an informational meeting with DJ Chicago because of the outstanding rating on Yelp, but after talking with Mark, we were sold. Mike ended up DJ'ing our wedding and we recommend him any chance we get.

From our wedding planner at the end of the night, "Rarely have I seen that many people dance for that long at a wedding!"

He kept us informed and managed to keep our (rather large) bridal party also in line. His communication was great, and he was flexible when things weren't exact to the schedule. He worked well with our photographer to coordinate who/when/where. In terms of music selection, Mike again did a phenomenal job. We had everything from 70's classics to country to top 40 -- and it was seamless.

Sent on 05/29/2012

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2012

I loved having DJ Chicago at our wedding. Mark was our DJ and did a great job. He was awesome at staying on schedule, informing me when things were coming up that I was needed for (cake cutting, first dance, etc), he would seek out the parents to introduce himself and also give them a heads up when their speeches were coming up.

The music was great, he played what we wanted and didn't play the things we specifically didn't want. The dance floor was packed all night thanks to him! He really helped keep the party going! I would recommend him to anyone!!!

Sent on 05/12/2012

Kimberley · Married on 04/28/2012

Gil did a phenomenal job at our wedding and we can't say enough good things about DJ Chicago!!! Mark & Gil were such a pleasure to work with from start to finish. They did an absolutely fabulous job coordinating with us prior to the wedding and with the music the night of - our dance floor was packed the entire event & everyone had an amazing time [our crowd was about 50 % younger/older - so no easy task]! Gil made sure to play music we requested, and checked in with us throughout the night - and catered to the crowd to keep the party going. I would absolutely refer anyone to DJ Chicago in the future!!

Sent on 05/24/2012

Jessica · Married on 02/25/2012

Professional and extremely easy to work with. Gets a feel for the crowd as quickly as possible to make sure the dance floor is constantly full. Would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a quality DJ.

Sent on 04/15/2012
  • User2060088 · 2+ years ago

Can't remember if I filled this out - if not, I'm happy to do it again because I LOVED Mark at our wedding! Music is really important to me, and I really wanted someone special that would be able to give us the feeling of fun and love at our wedding and Mark did just that. He did an amazing job preparing us for the big day (plus I love his amazing office loft space). The day of he did all the announcements perfectly and the music was GREAT. At one point, Todd turned to me and said, "why do I love every song that is at this wedding?!" We had an amazing time and our family and friends agreed. Even when we were stuck with no sound equipment at our rehearsal dinner, Mark reached out to help us with anything we needed. Was so nice of him to go out of his way and just added to our love for his work. Thank you, thank you!! Will recommend you to absolutely everyone :)

Sent on 10/04/2014

Adelaide · Married on 11/11/2011

We had the pleasure of having Mark from DJ Chicago keeping an AWESOME party going for our wedding.
    He played all the songs we requested, songs our guests requested and didn't play anything on our "do not play list". He went with the flow of our non-traditional songs and was REALLY easy to work with!
    Highly recommend DJ Chicago :)

Sent on 11/15/2011

Kate · Married on 10/29/2011

We booked DJ Chicago after searching for quite sometime for the best fit. We were hesitant to book a DJ for our wedding as we didn't want our wedding to feel like a junior high dance with a loud booming MC and strobe lights galore, but after meeting with DJ Chicago, we knew they would be a great fit!

Mike DJ'ed our wedding and he was fantastic! He was incredibly professional, fun, and vigilant to what our guests wanted. The dance floor was packed the entire time, and throughout the event, Mike would ask us every so often if there was anything my husband or I wanted played. He also helped keep everything running on schedule, so it was a relief to not have to worry about those details on the day.

If you are looking for a DJ that is far from cheesy, professional, and will keep your guests dancing the whole night through - book DJ Chicago. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/10/2012

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2011

We had Mark for our DJ. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about him! He was the DJ at my cousins wedding and that is how I got him for mine! He was excellent then and of course even more wonderful now!!! He played what we wanted and didn't play what we didn't want. He played any requests my dad made and made sure that every age group was happy and out on the dance floor! My dance floor was NEVER empty even my 85 yo grandparents were out there most of the night! He did everything I asked of him. We even planned a surprise fun dance for my dad after the slow daddy daughter dance and it went seamlessly! He only talked on the mic when it was appropriate. He was so polite the whole night and we loved him!! He said everyone's name right, even with a last min change! ALSO he looked up the WI badgers "teach me how to bucky" song for us and played it at the reception!! The people from WI LOVED IT!! Mark went over and above for us and even stayed an extra hour for us! (We payed him of course!) But people were having so much fun they didn't want to leave! BEST WEDDING DAY EVER! THANK YOU MARK!!!

Sent on 10/26/2011

Megan · Married on 08/27/2011

Professional, fun, and fresh. Our dance floor was packed the whole time. I would recommend DJ Chicago to anyone!

Sent on 09/23/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 07/09/2011

Gil was great! Very happy with DJ-Chicago!
    We hired DJ-Chicago for our wedding, and found Mark (the owner) and Gil (our Dj) wonderful to work with. They both sat down with us and went over the entire reception timeline and list of songs, and were helpful in working out all the little details. At the wedding, the dance floor was really going the whole night, and after the last song, some of the guests were even chanting "One more song!" When we told Gil what type of things we liked, he was able to find the songs that fit along with it perfectly, for cocktails, dinner, and dancing. We were really happy with Gil and with DJ-Chicago!

Sent on 08/03/2011

Ann · Married on 07/08/2011

The DJ is a huge part of making a wedding fun, so its a big decision. I highly recommend DJ Chicago for their professionalism and thoroughness and especially DJ Mike. We thought Mike was outstanding at our wedding. Our situation was a lil tricky since we planned our entire Chicago wedding from Toronto, but DJ Chicago made it very turn key for us. We interviewed about 4 DJ companies in total and finally we booked with DJ Chicago, based on the reviews and our interview back in March for our wedding July 8th. We meet with our assigned DJ (Mike) about a month prior to the wedding while we were in town. It was great finally meeting Mike and that put us at ease since we went through every detail imaginable from ceremony till the end of the reception.

All our guests commented on what a great DJ he was and we heard comments like, "the DJ ROCKS!, Awesome play list, Amazing DJ," etc and we agree! Mike was so professional and he made our wedding ceremony and reception run very smoothly, especially since we had so many different details. He helped keep us on schedule with speeches, anniversary dance , first dance etc. He got the crowd dancing all night long and was warm and friendly not only to my husband and I but also all our guests. You could tell he had genuine interest in making our wedding just perfect.

I suggest once you book with a DJ spend some time going over the wedding time line and different must play songs and do not play songs before your meet with your DJ; it will make the mtg and wedding day go very smoothly!

Sent on 08/18/2011
  • Brandi

Brandi · Married on 07/02/2011

We used Mark at DJ Chicago and he was FANTASTIC. He is the best DJ I have ever heard/seen. Mark had the dance floor hopping all night long. He was very professional and played music that all our guests enjoyed. We even kept the party going late and Mark stayed playing for no extra cost. You will not be disappointed if you go with Mark!!

Sent on 08/09/2011