DJ-Chicago Reviews

133 Reviews for DJ-Chicago

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

1 User photo

DJ-Chicago 1

Amazing job! Gil was very professional, meticulous and easy to work with. We put all the music choices in his hands, and he nailed it! Everybody enjoyed the music, and it created a great environment for our celebration.

Sent on 09/17/2016

Bill · Married on 08/20/2016

We could not have made a better decision that DJ-Chicago. From our initial meeting all the way up until the last guest left, Mark (the owner) and John (our DJ) were a breeze to work with and helped us plan and put on a really fun show! Some highlights included:

-In our initial meeting, Mark asked us if we'd thought about cocktail-hour music. We'd been so focused on reception/dancing that we hadn't given it much thought, but since our wedding was half-American, half-Brazilian, Mark suggested some bossa nova. It worked really well, and gave cocktails a fun, relaxed vibe before the reception started.

-When we arrived at the venue about half an hour before the ceremony started, John spotted us gave us an enthusiastic high five as soon as we saw him (we probably looked somewhat terrified), and that was exactly what we needed in that moment-- it was really encouraging and calming. My wife actually gave him a hug!

-John checked in with us repeatedly over the course of the night on what was coming up next in the timeline--we hadn't known he was going to do that, but it was really really helpful. I also believe (although I could be wrong, because the timing became a little bit of a blur) that he managed to get some things started ahead of time. When he saw an opening, he would check in with us on who the next toast-givers were, go find them to check in with them, and then go announce the toasts, even if it was a bit early, to allow for more dancing later

-The music choices themselves were perfect--everyone was dancing right up until the last song. As indie rock lovers, we thought it was great that he was able to sneak in a little Modest Mouse during dancing. It went over really well! He also managed to find pop songs that both the American and Brazilian guests could enjoy equally. My wife's 80 year-old, non-English-speaking grandmother told us in Portuguese that "all her jams were playing."

For all those reasons and more, thanks to Mark and John from DJ-Chicag

Sent on 08/28/2016

Erin · Married on 07/03/2016

A friend of mine recommended Mark from DJ Chicago and it was an awesome suggestion. The dance floor was filled til the very end of the night when we had to eventually kick people out. I was pretty vague in my suggestions of a music list and he did a great job selecting songs, a good mix of old and new. He even was flexible with some rather odd requests by my husband (the Imperial March may have made an appearance). You can't go wrong with Mark!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Gabrielle · Married on 06/25/2016

So I originally booked DJ Chicago based off one review I read where someone claimed they danced so hard at their wedding the groom ripped his shirt in half. Let me tell you, we danced so hard my father came very close to ripping his shirt! Our dance floor was PACKED the whole night. I literally didn't even use the bathroom all night because every time I tried to go, another amazing song came on. It was nonstop. Mark read the crowd and provided the most excellent performance. He wasnt one of those DJs who liked hearing his voice the whole night either.. He was just wonderful. Please don't look anywhere else, book DJ Chicago. Thank you, Mark!

Sent on 06/28/2016
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 06/25/2016

We cannot say enough good things about DJ Chicago! My husband and I just started looking for DJs, one of our friends had just gotten back from a wedding and could not stop talking about the music---DJ Chicago! After reading reviews, looking a their website (which is very user-friendly, has their music database uploaded, and walks you through their process), and inquiring with Mark, we knew that we wanted to book DJ Chicago. They have great customer service all-around. If you e-mail a question, you will have a response in less than a day.

Within a few weeks of your wedding, they will set up a meeting with you where you discuss the details together with the manager (Dylan) and your DJ (John). You can have it as custom as you want! My husband and I love music and had specific requests that were not in the database, during the meeting we would find the version we liked and they would download the song(s)! Also, they would make sure that they knew the order and pronunciation of everyone's names.

The day of the wedding, John (our DJ) was on time, set-up, and dressed professionally before we even arrived to the venue. He made the night flow so seamlessly! Everyone could not stop complementing on the music and DJ! The dance floor was packed all night--even our venue coordinator who has been in the business for over 40 years pulled us aside and said that she has NEVER seen the dance floor that packed for the ENTIRE night! We cannot thank John and DJ Chicago enough for making our wedding night amazing!

Sent on 07/11/2016
  • X

Xiao Yan (Catherine) · Married on 05/28/2016

We reached out to Mark only after extensive research. By far, Mark had the best reviews in the Chicago area and couples consistently stated that he was easy to work with and knew exactly what type of music to play based on what was happening. We were very thankful to have Mark play at our reception. About 1 month before the wedding, Mark reached out to us to set up a meeting. I sent Mark the day of schedule before the meeting and I knew from our conversation that he reviewed it carefully before the meeting because he had follow up questions for each important segment. I appreciated Mark’s sensitivity to the music that should be played during our traditional tea ceremony at the reception. He actually sent me a list of instrumental songs to choose from after the meeting. I had a chinese song for my father-daughter dance that was available only on youtube. Mark helped me download it as an mp3 and sent it to me for review. I was working when we met with Mark telephonically so could not write down meeting notes. Mark sent me a pdf of all his notes for review and sent me reminders of what I needed to get back to him on.

During the reception, Mark was extremely professional. He was dressed in a suit. He coordinated with my photographers and videographer to keep us on track throughout the night. He would tell us, “this thing is next but you have some time so no rush.” He never rushed us, gave suggestions as needed, asked for permission to play the r-rated songs after most of the children and older folks left, and made us feel very relaxed. We received so many compliments on the music throughout the night and afterwards. The music was on point. I told Mark we hated the cheesy music that is overplayed at every wedding. He came up with a brilliant solution - to play the oldies. Our guests, young and old, all jumped out of their seats to get on the dance floor. It was awesome. We had so much fun the whole night because Mark really kept the party going. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Nicolle · Married on 04/16/2016

DJ Chicago was amazing, we worked with Mark and Chad. Chad was our DJ the day of our wedding and he did AMAZING! His music selection was great and kept everyone on the dance floor all night long! We could not have had a better DJ! Thank you so much and we highly recommend using DJ Chicago.

Sent on 04/27/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/10/2015

Mark was the DJ for our wedding on 10-10-15, and he was FANTASTIC! Right off the bat from the initial meeting, Mark was personable, friendly, and eager to get to know us. Throughout the process, he made sure he had everything correct and verified everything so that we were confident things would go just how we wanted. My husband and I had some unique additions to our reception that involved a LOT of logistics (i.e. placing a speaker outside, moving all 200 of our guests from the ballroom to the veranda for a firework show, which he also had to play the music for, and getting the guests back in the ballroom afterwards) That was no easy task, and Mark executed it flawlessly. On top of all of that, the dance floor was PACKED and I mean PACKED all night. I can't even tell you how many times people came up to us to tell us how great of a party it was and how awesome the music was. We would hire him again in a heartbeat! Mark was amazing!! THANK YOU!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Sydney · Married on 09/25/2015

I could go on and on about how fantastic Mark is. From our very first phone call, I knew he would be awesome to work with. I very much stressed to him how important it was to me for our reception to be a dance party. He made it happen! I can't tell you how many guests came up to me to tell me what a great DJ he was. From the ceremony, to cocktail hour, to dinner, to the reception, the music selections were flawless. I had given him some guidance on the vibe we wanted and the type of music we wanted to hear, and he totally ran with it. He helped us to create our timelines prior to the big day, and everything went off without a hitch!

Again, I would recommend him a million times over. Just a top notch guy who really wants to make your day special.

Thanks Mark!!!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Sara · Married on 09/19/2015

We hired DJ- Chicago for our wedding on 9/19/15. After meeting with Mark the owner- I felt confidant that he would be great to DJ our wedding. We met with Mark again a week before the wedding- and he was SOO helpful in helping give us music suggestions and song choices as my fiance and I weren't very particular.

I only gave Mark one piece of guidance - and that was to keep the party dancing all night and that he did! He read the crowd, and kept all my guests dancing the entire night. I had so many people come up to me and say he was one of the best DJ's they've seen. He played a great mix of old & new - but not the lame old traditional wedding songs- he played some 90s hip hop that our whole group loved. He gave us great suggestions for our entrance song, pie cutting song, etc. after we told him the vibe we were going for that night. With his guidance we also ended the night with Bohemian Rhapsody - we had all of our guests screaming/singing along and it was hands down one of my highlights from the night!

Mark/DJ Chicago was extremely professional, reasonably priced and soo helpful. We would highly highly recommend anyone book Mark for their wedding!

Sent on 10/05/2015

When planning our wedding, my fiance and I agreed that the most important aspect to us was having a raging dance floor all night long. DJ Chicago MADE our wedding! Mark was our DJ and our contact person from start to finish. His work was FLAWLESS. While my new husband and I love to dance, we were pretty vague about what exactly we wanted to hear at our wedding. Mark made perfect suggestions every step of the way and accommodated every question and request we thought up.

Our initial meeting was smooth and the contract straightforward. The song list available on the DJ Chicago website was accessible and comprehensive. We got great ideas for songs and themes and in our final meeting it was clear that Mark had taken notes and made sure he understood what we wanted. I wanted specific versions of specific songs for our ceremony and Mark made it happen.

From the ceremony, to background music, to our reception entrance, all the music was on point. Mark checked on us periodically throughout the night, making sure we liked what we were hearing and giving suggestions based on his experience reading the room. When my bridesmaids asked to make a short, unscheduled speech, Mark made them check with me first. When dinner service was over a little early, Mark was ready to get the party started.

Within minutes of the dance floor opening, we had guests telling us they loved the music! Our dance floor was never empty. Every transition from one song to the next was seamless and made perfect sense. We heard everything from Queen and ABBA to oldies to 80s pop to 90s hip hop (all taken from our request list!) and nothing felt out of place. He even whipped out a random Rupaul song that my best friend decided she NEEDED to hear in the moment! In the days after the wedding, my family and friends have kept saying it was one of the best parties they've ever been to. THANK YOU DJ CHICAGO!

Sent on 09/21/2015
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 09/05/2015

DJ Chicago was AWESOME to work with! Our DJ, Dylan, played exactly what we wanted, and we felt like he and the owner, Mark, really took the time to get to know us so that he could get a good sense of the kind of couple we are. Everything was perfect, they are so responsive, accommodating, and easy to work with! I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Jenna · Married on 09/05/2015

Mark at DJ Chicago did a great job. He let us give him a list of songs we wanted to play and he honored that. He is very professional and made sure to get the speeches, dances, introductions, cake cutting, etc. rolling on time. Highly recommend this company!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Tim · Married on 09/05/2015

Outstanding! On so many levels. Mark (owner) and Chris (our DJ) helped make everything very special and awesome at our wedding. From pre-planning meetings, to their professionalism (while being very fun too), to the music at 3 sites (ceremony, cocktail, and reception) they nailed it all. Bottom line: I would recommend them to anyone, anytime. They also provided up-lighting for our reception, came early to set up everything up, and really really did an awesome job. This company is legit.

Sent on 09/18/2015

Geraldine · Married on 09/04/2015

Our DJ, Nick, was a HUGE hit at our wedding, we still have people telling us they miss it because the DJ was so awesome. Although we had some timing issues, Nick was spot on with the music we like while maintaining the dance floor full at all times. We could not have asked for a better DJ, he was so attentive and funny and our guests can't stop raving about him. THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 10/08/2015

DJ Chicago did a great job at our wedding! They kept everyone out on the dance floor all night long! Great vendor at a reasonable price.

Sent on 09/27/2015

Sara · Married on 07/25/2015

DJ-Chicago, Mark (the owner), and Mark (the DJ) were all wonderful to work with for our wedding this past summer. As soon as we met with Mark, the owner; we knew that he was the top contender. My husband and I met with a lot of wedding DJs and they were all corny! When mark did not roll out a contrite video of people dancing to "Thriller" at a wedding, we already knew he was at the top of the list. Then, when he sent us to hear Mark (the DJ) at 3 dots and dash, we were sold. I'm Jamaican and my husband is a Southerner and I was concerned that no one was going to be able to make the music styles mesh. DJ Mark was a master mixer. He had the whole crowd on the dance floor all night long. My brother sweated through his shirt and split his pants the music was so good.

Sent on 01/23/2016

Our DJ, Mark, was outstanding! DJ-Chicago was recommended to us after several of our friends used them for their own weddings, and we couldn't have been happier! We decided to let Mark kind of do his own thing, instead of giving him every song to play, and we were so glad we did! Everyone was raving about how good the music was throughout the whole reception. The dance floor was never empty. Mark does an excellent job of reading people, and picked the right music every time! DJ-Chicago was also very reasonably priced as well. We will definitely be recommending DJ-Chicago to any one else we know getting married!

Sent on 08/02/2015

Valerie · Married on 06/27/2015

We loved DJ-Chicago!! Mark, the owner of DJ-Chicago was by far the most organized and responsive of all of our vendors. Our DJ, Dylan, did a great job of combining two very different musical tastes for a very fun wedding reception. We would highly recommend DJ-Chicago for anyone seeking an organized, responsive, and talented DJ!

Sent on 07/19/2015
  • Genieb11

Eugenya · Married on 06/06/2015

We knew pretty quickly after meeting with Mark that we wanted to book DJ Chicago for our wedding. He was super laid back and extremely familiar with our venue. About a month before the wedding, we met with Mark to go over all the details as well as meet our actual DJ, Gil. Gil was fantastic! He kept the dance floor packed the entire night and we received a ton of compliments on how great our DJ was.

Sent on 08/18/2015
  • W

Will · Married on 04/24/2015

There's a simple reason everyone rates DJ Chicago five stars. Fair price for outstanding service. I spoke with at least two wedding vendors who had their own weddings done by DJ Chicago and that alone speaks volumes. If people in the industry are using it, you know the service is legit.

Like all things wedding-vendor, I expect you to compare DJs and meet with a few. Just make sure you include DJ Chicago. I'm confident that like us, you'll choose them over the other services.

Mark DJed my wedding this past Friday. They might as well have taken away the tables after dinner because once the music started, no one stopped dancing until they kicked us out. In DJ Chicago we trust. And so should you.

Sent on 04/28/2015

Jillian · Married on 04/18/2015

From start to finish, we absolutely loved working with DJ Chicago!

Firstly, the prices and responsiveness from this company beat its competitors without question. This company was extremely professional and timely in responding to any questions or concerns we had. When I was putting out price quote inquiries to other DJ companies in Chicago, I was bombarded by an exuberant price and pushy salespeople. That is the exact opposite of my experience with DJ Chicago. I never felt bombarded and was shocked/pleased at how reasonable the price was in comparison to other, less quality companies. My husband I went in to meet Mark at the Chicago office, and were matched with a DJ of our similar age and music taste. This was not something I had heard from our companies, which I feel sets DJ Chicago apart from the competitors.

I got TONS of compliments on the DJ during and after my wedding. We had Nick, who was an absolute delight. He was the perfect blend of informative in his announcements and fun, but also "on the sidelines" and out of the way, so to speak. All of my guests loved the blend of music Nick played, and his ability to read the crowd. Nick was a perfect match for us!

HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this company! We are so happy with our decision. Do not settle for a cookie cutter DJ that does not take your considerations into account. This company is honest, hardworking, and absolutely awesome! 5 stars all the way!

Sent on 05/19/2015

Grace · Married on 03/28/2015

We had a great experience with Mark (owner) throughout the process. It was simple, smooth, and stress-free. Prices are reasonable and well worth it. Mark had great direction and recommendations. He was not available on our date, but he paired us up with a great DJ according to our music needs/wants.
    We had the pleasure of having Gil as our DJ for our wedding back in March. He provided the music for ceremony, cocktails/dinner, and the reception. Gil was able to accommodate some last minute changes/requests without hesitation. Everyone loved the music, and the dance floor was packed until the very last second. We received so many compliments on Gil and the music from our family & friends. The DJ can make or break the party...Gil definitely rocked it!

I highly recommend DJ-Chicago!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Katrina · Married on 03/14/2015

Mark at DJ-Chicago was a pleasure to work with from the very beginning. In our initial meetings, he was incredibly enthusiastic about the venue and our song selections. He offered great suggestions about what song choices work at weddings. He was incredibly professional in the planning stages and we felt very confident that he would be well prepared for the big day. Mark did an excellent job with the introductions, and again gave great advice as to when we should do speeches (we had everyone speak before dinner so that our speakers could relax while they eat). Once it was time to dance, Mark did an amazing job. The dance floor was rarely empty - if/when a song didn't work, he quickly transitioned to the next one. He took requests from guests, but was careful to honor our do-not-play list. His song choices were on point - we have had so many comments already from our guests about how much fun they had dancing. We had a blast dancing, and we would strongly recommend Mark and DJ Chicago to anyone getting married, or for any other event that needs a DJ.

Sent on 03/16/2015
  • User4620639 · 2+ years ago

Mark from DJ Chicago was incredible. Book him now!!

We have been to a lot of weddings over the past few years, and ours was the best dance floor of them all, by a long shot. The entire wedding was up on their feet - all ages - all night long. The dance floor was so packed, there were overflow groups among the tables. We'd never seen anything like it, and were absolutely over the moon.

In our pre-wedding session, Mark discussed our musical tastes and the artists that were special/meaningful to us - and it was amazing to hear him working in the songs/artists we discussed throughout the night, whether it was during dinner or on the dance floor. It truly felt like "our wedding."

We are still getting compliments on how amazing the music was, and it's already been a month! My mother's friends attested to the fact that they hadn't danced that much in 20 years, and our younger friends were practically crying with happiness by the end of the night. They had that great of a time.

So thank you DJ Chicago - you made our wedding better than we could have even imagined!

Sent on 12/19/2014