DJ by CJ Reviews

140 | Brandon, FL

140 Reviews for DJ by CJ

Bryan · Married on 08/04/2012

My wife and I can't say enough about Brian Black from DJ by CJ. He was absolutely amazing!!! From the moment that we contacted him, he was all about us and what we wanted. He gave us direction and let us make decisions on what we wanted and even when we didn't have a decision made he gave us options and when we didn't know, he took over and played great music that kept us coming back to the dance floor. He also even edited a few songs for us so that we could have just the clips that we wanted. DJ by CJ is very affordable and they are worth every penny!!! We just can't say enough about Brian and the whole package that he gave us.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH AND WE APPRECIATE EVERYTHING YOU DID FOR US!!!
    -Bryan and Lexi Unruh

Sent on 08/09/2012

Tami · Married on 04/27/2012

Only hire this DJ if you want the BEST PARTY OF YOUR LIFE!!!!! John---you are AMAZING!!!!! I can't tell you how many of our guests sought me out at my daughter's reception this past weekend to tell me how AWESOME you were! You were PERFECT! You were able keep everything running smoothly while ensuring that everyone had a great time! You are an incredible entertainer!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Amanda · Married on 03/10/2012

I knew DJ by CJ was a good choice since they were on the preferred vendor list for The Florida Aquarium. What I didn't know is how smooth everything would go having Brian Black DJ my wedding! Brian downloaded ALL of the music I suggested (a lot that he didn't already have), and kept the night on track! He was friendly, professional, and listened to what I wanted. Thank you for helping make my night so memorable Brian!

Sent on 03/29/2012

Danielle · Married on 02/19/2012

John did such an amazing job at my wedding. I could not be happier with the way the entire night went! He picked such great music for the ceremony and that continued throughout the reception. He reslly kept everything going smooth all night. I can't thank them enough for making my wedding a night I will cherish for the rest of my life!!!

Sent on 03/31/2012

Lisa · Married on 01/07/2012

John and his assistant are fabulous. They did everything we wanted and more. We would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/15/2012

Kim · Married on 10/01/2011

I really cant say enough nice things about John and his D.J's from D.J by C.J! Because they were excellent. I have been to so many other weddings and never have I seen D.J's be as fun and nice as them. I helped my sister plan her wedding and that was one vender hard to find until someone recommended John. Then a year later I had the pleasure to use them for my own wedding. He will treat you with the Utmost care and your wedding ceremony and reception will flow perfectly & be a blast because they are there!

Sent on 10/21/2011

Andrea · Married on 03/20/2010

Dj by CJ was one of the best choice I made when planning my wedding. They were professional, helpful and accomidating. The made sure my recpetion ran smoothly and played the music for my wedding ceremony perfect and just how we had planned. They were on time and reasonable in price. Would reccomend them to anyone!

Sent on 04/10/2010

Lauren · Married on 09/19/2009

John at Dj by Cj was an awesome dj! John and his team were very friendly and professional. We were under a bit of a time constraint but John made the night run smoothly. He made sure every special moment happened without feeling rushed. The music he played was great and he was extremely in tune with my guest. Most importantly John cares about what he does and it shows. I would recommend John whenever given the opportunity. Thanks again John! Lauren and James holland

Sent on 10/09/2009

Madalynn · Married on 03/26/2016

Absolutely wouldn't recommend anyone else! Kept my wedding fun and lively! Made sure everything stayed on schedule but without feeling rushed. Still getting compliments to this day!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Great experience. We didn't have to worry about the flow of the party or anything because the Dj handled it. We didn't have a wedding coordinator and the Dj did all that work for us. You give them a timeline and they make it happen.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Chris · Married on 03/21/2015

Brian and his assistant (fiancé) were a perfect team and they covered everything amazingly. I was very worried about the reception, by Brian took charge and I was able to have a glass of wine (or two) and enjoy myself. He had great ideas for song choices for both the wedding and reception and everything flowed without any issue.

I rated the responsiveness slightly less than perfect because we had to contact him to set up the meeting just prior to the wedding, but no issues after.

We also did feel like the owner of the company (not Brian) misrepresented the total cost when initially speaking with us and adding cost at the meeting just prior to the wedding. Of course at that point (so close to the date) we had no other option but to pay it or not have a DJ. If using this company, I would make sure that the convo and pricing is backed up in an email. Even though we had a contract that did not mention this extra money, they would not budge. My feeling on this did not affect my rating, as I was rating the service I receive from Brian, the actual DJ.

Sent on 06/08/2015
  • Brett

Brett L. · Married on 05/15/2021

They love it

When John is your DJ you are getting someone who loves to make a party happen. You also get to choose your favorite songs and discuss them with him. When our day came, he knew which parts of the event each song was perfect for - our guests who knew us best were impressed at how personalized the music was. He's living his best life when he's a DJ, and that made for a great, entertaining time at the wedding.

Sent on 06/11/2021

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you both for everything!! Your wedding was so beautiful.
    Wishing you both all the true love and happiness together!

Mike · Married on 02/25/2017

Awesome! That's the one word I can use to describe our experience with DJbyCJ.

We have several friends who had hired them as their DJ for their weddings and we were sold. Then we saw the list of great reviews on several wedding websites. I can say for sure that not only do they do a great job at our wedding, they will help you feel at ease before the wedding becasue they are on point when it comes to planning all the little details out and helping fill in any gaps you may have in your planning (or several gaps in our case :)

On our initial phone conversation, John really went the extra mile to talk to me about their services and exactly what they offer that other DJs just don't. They sat down with us a few weeks before the wedding at our home for two hours and made sure we were comfortable with everything and helped our wedding turn out amazing. They had great suggestions backed up with knowledge and a lot of experience.

Shout out to Nick Bockholt, Noriel Castro, and John Strandberg. You guys are great, thank you!

Sent on 03/01/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/17/2013

We recently used DJ by CJ for our August wedding. John was very responsive and super helpful in planning out our music selections for both ceremony and reception. He was also great with coordinating the day of schedule and keeping things moving and on track.

He definitely kept our party going with great music selections and was responsive to guest requests. Our dance floor was packed the whole night. We love his assistant Dalton!

Only drawback was he mispronounced our Best Man's name, otherwise overall good experience.

Would recommend to other brides.

Sent on 09/14/2013

Elise · Married on 03/12/2016

3.0

We were very happy with DJ by CJ as our wedding entertainment. John, the owner, was so helpful during the first phone call, explaining the typical flow of a wedding reception, what he and the other DJs could offer, and things to keep in mind as we planned. I could tell just from that phone call that he and his company were professional, organized, and experienced. DJ Brian Black provided the wedding day entertainment, and he was knowledgeable, friendly and truly fantastic at making the reception a huge hit. He had this uncanny ability to gauge the room and keep everyone on the dance floor, yet he also honored our request to play a particular playlist of songs we loved during cocktail hour. Though we had some issues getting in contact with Brian to plan for the reception, these issues were overshadowed by his outstanding performance on the day of. I would recommend DJ by CJ and DJ Brian Black to anyone that wants to have a fun, exciting reception with a packed dancefloor.

Sent on 04/02/2016