DJ by CJ Reviews

136 | Brandon, FL

136 Reviews for DJ by CJ

Erin · Married on 05/31/2014

John is hands down the absolute best! Planning a wedding in 7 months was no easy feat, however John made everything as simple as possible. He is incredibly fun, thoughtful and extremely helpful. No matter what stage of planning we were in he offered to help, gave us ideas, and at the end of the day our wedding was absolutely perfect. We couldn't have asked for a more organized, fun and hilarious night. John not only was our DJ but also provided the up lighting which truly pulled the whole venue together and made the night look magical. We can't imagine having anyone else, and are so happy we were blessed with the best. Thank you John for sharing your skills and making our night perfect!

Sent on 06/14/2014

Derek · Married on 04/25/2014

Excellent DJ ! John and his crew were VERY PROFESSIONAL and entertaining ! Everyone at our wedding had a blast. My sister actually booked him for her upcoming wedding. I would definitely recommend DJ by CJ for any event or wedding.

Sent on 06/22/2014

John and Noriel were awesome! The uplighting is definitely a must to make any reception space feel more grand and "put-together."

Sent on 05/15/2014

Lyndsie · Married on 03/15/2014

My wedding would not have been the same without John! He helped us every step of the way and created a true show out of our wedding. I have received so many compliments on our DJ and we could not have been happier with our decision. He kept the party going all night long and was flexible to include any and every detail we wanted. Also, if you have NO idea what you want, which was our problem, he has a talent for grasping your vision even when you don't! I would highly recommend DJ by CJ to any bride to be!

Sent on 04/20/2014

John Strandberg was a wonderful DJ!! Him and his assistant made our night so much fun and exactly how we wanted it! We were able to play a slideshow on his screen that he brought of all of our pictures which was something really special! Also he played artist videos along with some of his songs which was a lot of fun :) he also provided the lighting for the night! We were very pleased with all of his hard work!

Thanks John!
    Rhonda & Mark Duncan

Sent on 04/28/2014

Mrs. · Married on 02/22/2014

John & his team have perfected the art of entertaining & are extremely professional.The standard they work by is nothing short of perfection--Thank you John & Dalton for doing such an amazing job at our wedding, you put my mind at ease knowing it would be impossible for people not to have a good time---

Sent on 03/10/2014
  • Y

Yina · Married on 02/08/2014

I only have one thing to say:
    I don't know what would of been of my wedding without John and his team.
    They are awesome, they made my wedding!

Sent on 02/11/2014

Ananis · Married on 11/30/2013

John was amazing very professional and very organized. He made the evening flow smoothly and was very helpful with day of coordination as well. Great Experience!

Sent on 12/05/2013

Kim · Married on 11/15/2013

I was lucky enough to meet the crew of DJ by CJ at a wedding I was attending. The DJ was Brian, and I knew that night that Brian was the DJ for me. He keeps the party moving, he understood that my husband and I wanted to dance and celebrate the night away, and we did just that. Brian was easy to work with, he was available to answer the questions I had. If you are looking for a DJ that will listen to you and play exactly what YOU like versus what the DJ or the old family members like, then choose Brian. He kept the party going!

Sent on 01/12/2014
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/09/2013

My wedding was November 9th in St pete, I used this company and worked with Brian. Honestly they really made all the difference! From the start John was super helpful with explaining my options, and helping me reserve my up lighting . Then Brian really listened to what my fiancé and I wanted, so much so that he played every song Tim had requested to hear. The amazing part is he did a seamless job going from event to event. This company is personable and reliable and truly put my mind at ease for our special day. Thank you so much John and Brian you helped bring my vision to life!
    - Jennifer M.

Sent on 11/24/2013

Words can not express how much my husband and I appreciate John. From the first phone call I couldn't wait to meet him at our first meeting I knew we were in great hands!! With all the craziness of our wedding day John was one of the only vendors looking out for us and our wedding. John was more than just a DJ for us any one can play music John made sure our guests had a great night and it was an awesome party, considering everything that went wrong with the rest of our event our guest didn't notice because John kept them entertained. We are beyond thankful for John and will continue to recommend him again and again!!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Marcia · Married on 10/12/2013

Awesome job by John and his team. The 2 hour pre-wedding consultation was priceless. This is the first wedding we planned and he led us through all the details. He provided music for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Danieka · Married on 09/08/2013

John and his team were AWESOME to work with!!!! If you are a worried bride that had no idea how a wedding is supposed to work or how you can even begin to control it and make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be like me you need DJ by CJ. John directed everyone and everything. I did not have a wedding planner and my biggest concern was wedding day direction. John came in with typed programs for all of my vendors and my wedding party we knew what was happening when and so did everyone else. The music was great and the connection that John had with our guest was excellent. Our guests loved our DJ.We danced all night! DJ by CJ made our wedding night everything that it was and we couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 09/15/2013

Renee · Married on 07/20/2013

John was more than a DJ. He met with us multiple times before our wedding to help us set up a schedule for our wedding day, and to help us select all of the songs we needed. He had a great variety of songs for the ceremony music so it made it very easy for us to choose something beautiful without having to search for it on our own. John helped give us ideas to make our wedding day special like creating Power Points full of pictures to show during our reception. John was very professional, yet fun. He and his team made our wedding day run so smoothly. They kept everything on track and made sure nothing was forgotten. He did a great job of getting the crowd's attention and making things fun. He was truly a master of ceremonies, not just a DJ. We would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!! We could not have pick anyone better!!! We were so happy with him. :)

Sent on 08/03/2013
  • Carissa

Carissa · Married on 05/18/2013

Brian from DJ by CJ was absolutely amazing!! Everyone has told me how much they enjoyed the music/dj from the reception. Not only did he play music during the reception, but also DJ'ed our cocktail hour and was very open to any feedback/requests we had. Brian is awesome - highly recommend!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Rachel · Married on 04/13/2013

My husband Josh & I knew that we wanted the best dj for our wedding. We wanted to have the time of our lives & the same for our guests. I couldn't believe how easy & smooth everything was bc of DJ by CJ! John really took his time with us & our day was PERFECT! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/09/2014

The service we received from DJ by CJ was out of this world! John and his partner are simply amazing!! We really felt as if we hired both a DJ and wedding coordinator. Our wedding would not have run as smoothly if it was not for our DJ. Our guests are still talking about how great of a job they did and have had several friends ask for their information. We cannot thank them enough for everything they did for us on our wedding day!!

Sent on 05/09/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 02/08/2013

John was recommended to us by a friend. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the wedding and reception format. He had worked at our venue numerous times and had a fantastic working relationship with our wedding coordinator. He worked very hard to create special moments throughout the night and our wedding wouldn't have been the same without him. I would recommend his services to any bride looking for a great DJ!

Sent on 02/18/2013
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 11/10/2012

John was amazing!!! The entire reception ran smoothly and we did not have to worry about a thing! John kept everyone dancing, including our grandmothers, all night. The dance floor was always full and everyone had such a great time dancing the night away! John also provided uplighting at our reception site and it made the room look beautiful!

Sent on 12/06/2012

Brigitte · Married on 10/26/2012

John was FANTASTIC! He made the evening run smoothly! There was never a lull and the music was great. Everyone had a GREAT time! Thank you John for helping make it a memorable night!

Sent on 11/01/2012

DJ by CJ was amazing and I would highly recommend them for any wedding or event. John assisted us with the ceremony music which I've received so many compliments and really kept the fun going throughout the reception. He was flexible and you could tell that this was more then just a job. He even coordinated his attire with our wedding colors. I can't say enough about how great of a job he did for us.

Sent on 12/16/2012

Abby · Married on 09/08/2012

We were so impressed with Brian from DJ by CJ. He was so professional, fun, and kept the flow going smoothly throughout the whole night. We had specific music we wanted and he made sure to do exactly what we asked! He even made sure to play songs that he didn't originally have, but he got them just for us. We couldn't have been any happier with him!!!!

Sent on 09/16/2012

Bryan · Married on 08/04/2012

My wife and I can't say enough about Brian Black from DJ by CJ. He was absolutely amazing!!! From the moment that we contacted him, he was all about us and what we wanted. He gave us direction and let us make decisions on what we wanted and even when we didn't have a decision made he gave us options and when we didn't know, he took over and played great music that kept us coming back to the dance floor. He also even edited a few songs for us so that we could have just the clips that we wanted. DJ by CJ is very affordable and they are worth every penny!!! We just can't say enough about Brian and the whole package that he gave us.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH AND WE APPRECIATE EVERYTHING YOU DID FOR US!!!
    -Bryan and Lexi Unruh

Sent on 08/09/2012

Tami · Married on 04/27/2012

Only hire this DJ if you want the BEST PARTY OF YOUR LIFE!!!!! John---you are AMAZING!!!!! I can't tell you how many of our guests sought me out at my daughter's reception this past weekend to tell me how AWESOME you were! You were PERFECT! You were able keep everything running smoothly while ensuring that everyone had a great time! You are an incredible entertainer!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Amanda · Married on 03/10/2012

I knew DJ by CJ was a good choice since they were on the preferred vendor list for The Florida Aquarium. What I didn't know is how smooth everything would go having Brian Black DJ my wedding! Brian downloaded ALL of the music I suggested (a lot that he didn't already have), and kept the night on track! He was friendly, professional, and listened to what I wanted. Thank you for helping make my night so memorable Brian!

Sent on 03/29/2012