DJ by CJ Reviews

136 | Brandon, FL

136 Reviews for DJ by CJ

Jaime · Married on 04/16/2016

DJ by CJ completely EXCEEDED my expectations and I would recommend them to anyone! My husband and I used them for DJ services during our ceremony, cocktail hour and our reception, as well as uplighting for our reception. John and Noriel are the both amazing and made sure our whole day ran smoothly. John went above and beyond in helping us plan every detail of how our ceremony and reception would flow the week before the wedding. He gave great advice and made great suggestions on the song choices for our introductions and dances. My guests have bragged to me about how impressed they were with our DJ. They enjoyed how John kept the guests laughing during the bouquet/garter toss and said they didn’t feel the need to request songs because they played great music all night long that appealed to all of the age groups at our wedding, which ranged from 10 months old to 90 years old!! Playing "Shout" got my 90 year old grandma on the dance floor in her wheel chair (which I NEVER would have thought would happen) and I can say seeing how much fun she was having on the dance floor was the highlight of my wedding night :) I highly recommend using them for your special day because I know they will make it perfect for you just like they did for us!

Sent on 05/24/2016

I did not originally budget for a great DJ; however, with some urging, I decided to go with DJ by CJ who I had heard wonderful things about from multiple other brides... it was the best decision ever!!!! He gave us exactly what we wanted. At the same time, he has enough experience that for the things we weren't sure about, he had so many ideas to spark up the fun! If you entirely left the planning process to him, he would create the most epic party ever. If you want to plan every moment of it, he will accommodate that as well. He also brought another DJ, so we were never without music. When one part of the wedding was moving, his other DJ went to set up so there would be a seamless transition for the guests. He was also an amazing host with a great personality! Down to every detail and every minute, he helped us plan the entire party. He was more than a DJ. Hands down, he was probably the most important factor in our wedding running smoothly.

So many of our guests commented on how amazing our DJ was! He is THE BEST, and he was worth every penny.

Sent on 06/21/2016

John with DJ by CJ is THE BEST DJ EVER! When we first contacted John in regards to a quote, he not only took the time to call us versus simply replying by email, but he also spent over an hour on the phone with us giving us every detail and answering each question we had. That meant a lot to us being that at the time he did not even know if we were clients yet. Throughout the entire planning process, John was VERY helpful! John met with us and planned everything out as far as introductions and song choices. He also put a slideshow together for us. At the wedding, not only did he ensure everything was on schedule, he also ensured everyone was having fun. Everything from music, uplighting, cake cutting, etc. was handled by John. We cannot thank you enough for a WONDERFUL night! We were absolutely 100% satisfied with his service!

Sent on 03/16/2016

Alanna · Married on 02/13/2016

The Quality of Service was above and beyond. John met with us right before the wedding and we went over everything. When I say everything, I mean details that we never even considered, timeline, song suggestions, worst case scenarios and how he resolves them, etc.. John has a keen understanding of who he is working with, and he figures out what they like. He had fantastic suggestions, and really answered any question that my husband and I had.

The Responsiveness from John is always quick and speedy, which is surprising considering how busy he is.

The Professionalism that you receive from John is absolutely above and beyond. I've been to multiple weddings where he has DJ'd, and he always looks sharp, he sounds sharp on the mic., he is always smiling, he has so much energy, and he just knows how to flow the event so that it is the most fun for everyone. He truly is a professional at what he does.

The Value that you get from DJ by CJ is unmatched anywhere. I cannot tell you how much fun my guests had. They were talking about it for days. The energy and the atmosphere that he creates is worth every single penny. We did not worry about anything at all - he just took care of everything.

DJ by CJ is Flexible. They are based out of Tampa, and they still agreed to DJ our wedding the day before Valentines Day in Orlando. Not only that, but they do not only DJ the music that they like, they DJ the music that the guests like and are dancing to. They just know how to control the guests feet!

Sent on 03/15/2016

Erica · Married on 01/16/2016

Dj by cj was absolutely amazing! We loved how professional but yet fun they were, any questions we had even not about music they answered and gave great advice also all of my guest were on the dance floor all night long that was the best part. I could not have asked for a better dj for my wedding thank you again.

Sent on 03/11/2016

Corey · Married on 12/18/2015

I've know John for a few years now. I work in the wedding business as well as a photographer and videographer. He is one of the absolute best out there that I have seen at any of the hundreds of weddings I have been too! So we had to have him for our wedding. He is DJ, MC, Host, and more. He helped to schedule and plan the night, made it fun and entertaining, no snags, everything up beat and a blast. If you are looking for a professional who will turn your wedding into a party, DJ by CJ is exactly what you need. Lights, amazing system, projector and screen- he has everything. Don't hesitate, he is worth every cent. Can't emphasize this enough.

Sent on 02/20/2016

Katie · Married on 12/11/2015

John did an amazing job at our wedding. He was so organized and helped the night go smoothly. We had so many compliments about how awesome the music was and that everything went so well. So happy we picked him for our special day!!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Shaille · Married on 11/21/2015

If you want a DJ that can make your night special, he's the one! He had every guest in our wedding dancing and everyone is still talking about how amazing he is. He even went the extra mile and asked for photos of my husband and I, then made a beautiful slideshow that played throughout the night on his big screen. He loves what he does, and you can surely see that with his determination to make sure the bride and groom have a good time. Any party that I have in the future I will make sure he is my DJ. I will recommend him to anyone with ease!!!

Sent on 12/19/2015

Christian · Married on 11/14/2015

Dalton was the DJ for our wedding and did an amazing job! He had everyone dancing the entire night and we couldn't be happier with him! We would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for their event.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Nichole · Married on 11/07/2015

We worked with DJ Brian Black and his wife Zabrina (I hope I am spelling her name correctly). The owner was my first point of contact and he was very informative about the entire process and what to expect from a DJ for the wedding. We really felt like he knew his stuff and was so patient with my questions. Brian was so great and made us feel so comfortable at our meeting. He had some great suggestions for the reception. The day of the wedding his wife and him really helped keep us on track! We would have been lost without them and the structure they provided for the evening. We have received so many compliments about them and their ability to keep the dance floor full and play to the crowd. They were fun and relaxed and made all of us feel relaxed as well.

Sent on 11/22/2015

Susan · Married on 10/24/2015

At first, we weren't sure if we wanted a DJ or band at our Wedding, but we decided on using DJ by CJ and we're glad we did! John is extremely professional and thorough, and helped us to plan for things that we hadn't even thought of. Not only did he play the type of music that we preferred, but he coordinated the timeline of the evening, got the group dancing, and kept the party going! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Kristine A. · Married on 08/08/2015

So proud to say that my wedding was one of the first ones I've been to where EVERYONE was out on the dance floor throughout the night....and that is thanks to John - DJ by CJ! I thought planning a destination wedding was going to be difficult, but with a DJ like John, it was easy, relaxing,.....and fun! John had a Skype meeting with me and my bride-to-be for over 3 hours one night going over every single detail of our wedding. By the time our wedding day arrived, we had no doubts that we had chosen the perfect man for the job! From the pre-ceremony music to the cocktail hour to all of the fabulous music during the reception, everything was amazing. John was familiar with our venue (FL Aquarium) and wedding coordinator and they worked seamlessly throughout the night. John brought an incredible sound system, lighting, and created a photo montage that was played during dinner that the guests adored. He even played music videos to accompany some of the songs and it was a HUGE hit! By the time our final dance of the evening rolled around, it looked like a planned scene from a movie. As my bride and I danced to "I've had the Time of My Life" our guests surrounded us on the dance floor and encircled us! What a feeling! We know that if John (DJ by CJ) hadn't been our dj, the night wouldn't have been half as magical - Stop looking now brides and grooms-to-be....DJ by CJ is your guy!!!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Beata · Married on 08/08/2015

Your search is finally over – if you are looking for an incredible DJ that will rock your night all night long - John Strandberg from DJ by CJ is your man!
    John has truly been a pleasure to work with. He was easy going, very professional, and he understood our taste in music. My wife and I have never attended a wedding where all guests were dancing, singing, and having a blast. He kept the crowd entertained the entire night. In addition to playing awesome music he had music videos playing on background monitors for some of the biggest hits.... But wait there’s more! John also put together a photo montage of our pictures and had them display on his monitor throughout the night. That really put the cherry on top. We were extremely happy to work with John and are forever grateful that he was a part our magical night.
    John, thank you for giving us “The Time of Our Lives”

Sent on 08/27/2015

Kaitlin · Married on 06/17/2015

When I was first looking for a Dj for our wedding I searched so many sites and reviews. I was so nervous picking someone to do our wedding because it'll literally make or break the vibe of the reception. I also had no idea how to coordinate the day and make sure everything happened when it was supposed to. John took care of all that from start to finish! No other companies I read about did that. You didn't even get to meet with your Dj till the day of the wedding for most companies. John kept in constant contact with me throughout the months up until the wedding. I knew as soon as I talked to him he was the right choice. My guests raved over him, he kept them dancing and kept the party going. He really knew how to read the crowd. I was at such ease on our special night, especially because John was also having fun. I just got to enjoy myself without a single worry. I wouldn't have changed a single detail about our night and John had a huge impact on that. Defiantly a 10 out of 10!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Caitlin · Married on 05/30/2015

We are SO happy we chose DJ by CJ for our wedding! John was so easy to work with and you can tell from the first moment you speak to him that he knows what he's doing and truly enjoys it. We had two DJ's at our wedding and they helped to time everything out for the evening from our ceremony to first dances, etc. We had a tight timeline (Ceremony at 7pm and Reception ending at 11pm, both at the Florida Aquarium) and their timing was essential to making the night flow smoothly. Our guests were raving about what a great job they did and my husband and I couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 06/08/2015

John is absolutely phenomenal!!! I was referred to DJ by CJ by a couple of my friends, who have used them for their weddings. They all said they are awesome and made their wedding day perfect with the choice of music and making sure everything runs smoothly. When I talked with John I knew he was the one for our wedding. His personality, professionalism, and overall how he runs his company was beyond incredible. He told me that he would make my day run smooth, make sure that everyone is on schedule, and would do whatever we needed. He did not want us to worry or stress about anything at our wedding. When we went and met him to go over our schedule for the wedding day and our choice of music, John went over everything and gave us many choices of music and different options of ways we can do things at reception. With all being said, DJ by CJ runs a great company and are very reasonable when it comes to the price for the amount of work and talent they bring to the table. We were very impressed with his work and music he played to keep the dance floor full at all times. We would without a doubt use DJ by CJ for other events and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ for wedding or any other event!!!!

Sent on 05/02/2015

Katie · Married on 03/07/2015

Brian did an amazing job at our wedding!!! He was very flexible and easy to communicate with. He was helpful during our planning meeting and helped us choose a variety of songs for our ceremony and reception. He was able to get a good feel of the crowd and he kept everyone on the dance floor all night. Our food came out late and he handled it so well. He kept the party going ! He was so organized and made our jobs so much easier.

Sent on 03/22/2015

Laura · Married on 11/29/2014

Brian Black was the DJ for our wedding through this company and he was so good it was ridiculous. He made the night amazing, read the crowd easily, and kept everyone dancing and entertained the entire night. No one left early, they stayed dancing to the awesome music he played. I gave Brian lots of freedom to do his thing and I could not have gotten a better event thanks to him. He is a must-have!!

Sent on 12/07/2014

Heather · Married on 11/01/2014

My husband and I chose DJ by CJ for our wedding and could not be happier with out choice. He personalizes everything around the couple to be married. He really keeps the party going and goes above and beyond to make sure all the wedding guests have a good time. We received many compliments on how great our DJ was. He is very thorough, shows up looking very sharp in a suit and also brings an assistant with him. We were aprehensive about whether or not we wanted uplighting and literally DAY OF our wedding, as I'm sitting getting my hair and makeup done, I text John and asked if he could provide uplighting. He immediately responded without a sound of worry and made it happen- the room looked beautiful! If you're looking for a fantastic DJ who is professional and talented, this is your guy!

Sent on 11/26/2014

Christie · Married on 10/11/2014

From the moment we answered the phone we we're hooked. We knew John Strandberg was going to be our DJ and we couldn't wait!!! John took care of us and made us feel like we were his only clients. He kept in touch through out the planning process any time we needed to get a hold of him whether by phone, text or email he responded promptly. There were many answers we didn't have and several options we weren't aware of but John walked us through each and every detail and put our minds at ease. On the day of our wedding he made sure everything ran smoothly and we did not have to worry about a thing. It was an honor having John as our DJ and because of him our wedding was that much more memorable. Our wedding would not have gone as well with him. If you're stuck on choosing we have the answer, DJ by CJ. Can't say it enough DJ by CJ is AMAZING!!! Thanks John!!!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Theresa · Married on 10/04/2014

EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT

Can't say enough about John - he was excellent from our very first conversation till the day of the wedding - we never had a worry and everything went smooth as smooth could be even with the occasional wedding hiccup - EXCELLENT

Sent on 10/26/2014

CJ was amazing! He was spot on all night and guided us through everything we needed to know while still not taking up our time at our wedding and giving us information that was not needed. He was polite, punctual, and kept everyone moving and grooving and happy. The lights and music were incredible and I could not have asked for a more kind, professional, and phenomenal dj. I would recommend him to everyone I know (and have already) and would not hesitate to hire him for any event I need! The guys that help him and work with him are just as great as he is! Incredible!!!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Casey A. · Married on 08/16/2014

We had a destination wedding in St. Pete at the Sirata. It was amazing!!!!! We could not have had a more perfect day and Brian made it happen!!! He was very professional and kept the night filled with entertainment!!! We got so many compliments on what great time they had and how awesome the music was all night. He was there to please and he went above and beyond!! I would recommend them to anyone!!! Thank you so so much Brian we will have your music in our hearts for a lifetime!!

Casey and Ian Weber :)))

Sent on 10/12/2014

Kaleena · Married on 06/21/2014

Where do I even begin?! I started experiencing anxiety around a few months before my wedding. Needles to say that John put all of my worries to rest when we sat down to finalize everything. He practically served as a coordinator because he planned my entire ceremony and reception from start to finish while correlating which song best suited each moment. He added the pixie dust to my day by assuring that every single minute was accounted for and simply flowed. He kept the party going my entire reception and used his wonderful sense if humor to keep everyone engaged in the activities! Until this day everyone continues to ask, "Man, where did you find that DJ"?! Oh, and the yellow lighting behind the statues that he staged correlated perfectly with my yellow and white theme! Thank you, thank you, thank you fir everything that you did to make my day memorable!!

Sent on 04/28/2015

Cassandra · Married on 06/07/2014

John was the best DJ anyone could ever have for any event. He really doesn't let any dull moment occur and really gets your guests engaged in the reception. He is an amazing person and really makes it a point to follow through with any requests you make. The uplighting is definitely a must! We are definitely recommending to all of our friends.

Thanks again John,