DJ by CJ Reviews

137 | Brandon, FL

137 Reviews for DJ by CJ

Samantha · Married on 11/04/2017

John and his team are fantastic! If you’re considering other DJ’s don’t! He was professional, quick to respond and made sure to incorporate things we wanted. With his experience and attention to detail, you and your guests will have an experience you won’t forget. John kept the crowd entertained and night flowing smooth. Thank you John!

Sent on 12/17/2017

Tabatha · Married on 10/21/2017

John and Nori were amazing- John always took my calls even on vacation (sorry about that again) My father passed away a few years before my wedding- John was able to make a slide show of my father so that while I danced with my Uncle my father was present in some form. His song choices and interaction with the guest were amazing. Highly recommend, and hope to use again in the future.

Sent on 12/16/2017

Chelsea · Married on 10/20/2017

My husband and I hired DJ by CJ to DJ our wedding at The Florida Aquarium, and from the start to end their service was fantastic . Our DJ was Darby, and he did a great job at making our night run smoothly and making it fun. He was very helpful in answering any questions we had and meeting all of our requests along the way. I would strongly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Christine · Married on 09/09/2017

It is hard to put into words how John & Noriel from DJ by CJ made our wedding special and memorable. We met with John and reviewed the plan and music choices. He asked some really great questions about us and how we envisioned our wedding day. We came up with some really great memory moments. John spoke with experience and passion for his job. Jason and I were scheduled to be married on September 9th, 2017; however, Hurricane Irma decided that she wanted to visit Florida. After making the decision to move the wedding forward to Sept 8th to give family, friends, and vendors time to make decisions on whether to stay or ride out the hurricane, John & Noriel were able to make that change with us and keep us calm. They were organized and got people excited and dancing. They helped make our day one to remember. Thank you John and Noriel!!!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Claire · Married on 07/01/2017

We had so many people tell us we had the best music at our wedding! Everyone was dancing the entire night, John even stayed an extra half an hour because we couldn't stop dancing. John took the time to sit down with us before the wedding to plan out our entire night of music from the ceremony to cocktail hour to reception. He incorporated all of our special request songs and really understood our musical preferences and our crowd of people. We purchased the additional uplighting and are so glad we did, it really brought out space to the next level. The quality of care we received was above and beyond expectations, you can tell John loves what he does and cares for his customers. A good DJ is so essential to a great wedding and John helped us have the best night ever!

Sent on 08/12/2017

Bridgett · Married on 06/25/2017

My new husband and I were referred to John from CJ by DJ. I am so glad we were referred to the company because our wedding was absolutely amazing! John talked to me (wife) on the phone, then Aaron and I met with him about a month before the wedding. John, helped us choose the best wedding songs, went over a do/don't play list, and made sure we were happy with everything! Oh, the best part is... we gave him special pictures of our families. He made those pictures into a great slideshow for everyone to see. He was extremely professional, organized, ready to go, and a fun DJ. We truly couldn't have asked for a better DJ because he was one of the reasons our wedding was as memorable as it was. Thank you DJ by CJ! We will be referring your company to other people.

Sent on 08/12/2017

Jayme · Married on 06/17/2017

Having an amazing DJ was a high priority for our wedding and after our first time speaking with John we knew we had found our DJ. We had spoken to a few other DJs but John spoke confidence, knowledge, and passion for what he does. This definitely showed in his performance, as well. He is also so friendly and easy to work with. Prior to our wedding we met with John and planned all of our music. He had wonderful suggestions and recommendations and was able to find lesser-known songs we requested. His mixes for the bridal party entrance were amazing and so much fun. On the night of the wedding, John and his team played music that matched what was happening throughout the night and kept the dance floor full during the reception. John was an amazing MC and kept the events moving along throughout the night. We loved the video screen, the up lighting, and dance floor lighting. He also made an amazing slide show for us that played during dinner! Everything he did was custom to us and reflected our favorite artists and songs.

I am so happy we were able to work with DJ by CJ and would definitely recommend them to any couples looking for an amazing DJ who can create a special experience.

Sent on 08/14/2017
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 06/13/2017

Book this dj!

I could not say enough good things about this DJ! John was absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! He is so good at what he does and its obvious he has tons of experience doing this! He is incredibly professional, organized, and so much fun! I knew our night would go smoothly with John and his assistants help. He knows how to read a crowd and get the party started! People were on the dance floor all night long and there was never a dull moment. He kept things exciting and kept our guests engaged the entire time. I am so glad I trusted John and all his recommendations for our wedding, it made the night unforgettable for us and our guests!

Sent on 10/20/2020

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you both for giving me the honor to be a part of your special day!! I wish you both all the true love and happiness!!
    Your DJ,
    John

Rachel · Married on 05/06/2017

Brian was so wonderful at our wedding! They really kept the party going & made our reception so much fun! We were very particular on every song we chose & he played them! They were on our preferred vendor list & we were so happy to have worked with them! Thanks again Brian and the DJ by CJ team!!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Viviana · Married on 04/30/2017

My husband found DJ Brian Black through DJ by CJ, and we are so happy that he was our DJ! Not only was he entertaining and kept the party going, but he is a great person to work with. We first met with him at Panera to go over all the little details, and he is super organized, which is awesome! He drew out an outline to make sure everything was set for our big day, played samples of songs to help us decide which version we liked best, asked lots of questions and provided suggestions and feedback. He is professional, charismatic and a wonderful DJ. Our wedding was formal attire and he was dressed sharp, too! We received comments from our friends and family about how they liked the DJ and enjoyed the music he played, and of course my husband and I did too. I know we had some guests request a lot of songs (as well as the list we provided him) and he did a great job of keeping everyone happy lol. Thank you, Brian, for being a part of our special day! We will definitely recommend you to our family and friends, and if you DJ for other events besides weddings then we look forward to booking you in the future.

Sent on 05/28/2017

Terese · Married on 04/22/2017

What a perfect reception!

Brian Black was a great Master of Cermony and the music/beat kept folks on the dance floor the entire time! Brian listened to the Bride and Groom to select music - his club D J talents were evident! His new title is Master of Fun!

Given that the Bride and Groom are from Boston, we appreciated Brian's flexibility to meet with them while in town visiting as well as by phone to plan for a great wedding reception!

From the bride and groom -- we got SO many compliments on our wedding playlist!!!!! We told Brian that we love 90s hip hop, motown, and 00's club hits from Lil Jon and he DELIVERED!!!!

Sent on 04/30/2017

Giovanni · Married on 02/17/2017

Brian Black with DJ by CJ was amazing from beginning to end. He was able to capture the essence of our theme through music and our guests loved it! Our ceremony would not have been the same without his input on some of the songs we chose, which he suggested instrumental arrangements for. We felt comfortable and trusted Brian through the whole process. His attention to detail and love for music is noticeable and it reflects in his work. I also want to thank Brian, John and everyone at DJ by CJ for being sensitive to our needs, considering our wedding was an LGBT wedding and not traditional. Love is love and these guys get it! We would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 04/01/2017
  • AmigWedding2017

Sadie · Married on 01/21/2017

We had Brian as our DJ and he did a A++++ job. He was just fantastic and we couldn't be happier. What a great DJ. You can tell that he loves his job and all our guests told us how awesome they thought he was.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Katie · Married on 12/17/2016

Brian Black did an amazing job and made our wedding the party we wanted it to be. He provided music for our pre-ceremony cocktail hour, ceremony, and reception. He could not have done a better job listening to exactly what we wanted and making it happen. Brian was professional, fun, and our guests are still raving about the great music selection. He kept the party going and the dance floor full the whole night. We cannot imagine our wedding day without Brian. We absolutely recommend Brian for any event. Thank you for exceeding our expectations! Katie and Adam

Sent on 12/29/2016

Janelle · Married on 12/16/2016

John Strandberg is an artist, and he compiled beautiful music for our wedding. The dance floor was packed, and everyone had the best time! I could not recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 12/26/2016

Jennifer · Married on 11/26/2016

I wasn't sure what to look for in a DJ, but I'm so glad my venue recommended John and we were so glad to have him! He was professional, experienced, and made sure the night ran smoothly and everyone had a great time. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Lorrie · Married on 11/19/2016

What can I say, John stole the show. John was so very professional and knowledgeable it really helped the night go by smoothly. He really does know how to get the crowd going. He was extremely funny and everyone enjoyed his presence. You know you've done your job when people are talking about you the next day.

Sent on 12/03/2016
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 11/12/2016

As the mother of the bride, it was important that our little girl have the best. Well, she got that! John is a professional! Before the wedding, he meets with the couple to choose specific songs. He asks for pictures of the bride and groom of them young and current and prepares a beautiful slide show that he displays during the reception. He has a real knack with people and can get anyone up and movin' to the groove. His assistant is also very professional and they make a great team. The music, up-lighting and his dynamic voice makes you feel like you're a star.

Sent on 12/02/2016

Brian was amazing. He listened to everything we wanted and more. Could not have asked for better jams at our wedding. Thank you!!!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Kerin · Married on 11/04/2016

From the very first conversation I knew they were our DJ! They are very passionate about what they do and want your day to go as perfect and stress free as possible! They kept everything going on time and still made everything tons of fun!!! Do yourself a favor and book them !!! Thanks so much!!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Hannah · Married on 10/28/2016

He was the best DJ! We honestly could not have picked anyone better. I would highly recommend him to anyone! All of our guests loved him. He was phenomenal!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Barbie · Married on 10/22/2016

Darby was simply amazing to work with and extremely professional. He accommodated our music requests and also did an awesome job creating my father - daughter "mix up" dance. My husband and I loved him and everyone at our wedding was pleased. We also loved how he kept everything on schedule through the night.
    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED A+ A+ A+

Thanks for everything Darby!!! ;) You really made our day special!!!!!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Audrey · Married on 10/15/2016

John was wonderful to work with. We had a great meeting so he could meet us and get a sense of what we were looking for. He provided recommendations but was very accommodating to what we wanted. The dance floor was packed all night and he played nothing but great music! Everyone had a great time and raved about the party! John was able to play the slideshow we created and so we had our pictures right there on the dance floor. John helped make our wedding everything we wanted and i would highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Brian · Married on 10/08/2016

This Guys Were The Best !!, Came To Our House , As A Guy I didn`t Have A clue LOl . But After talking with us Darby Came up with the Perfect Mix Of Music For Our Wedding! My Wife And I Come From Very Different Cultures, And He Was Able to Put It Together Perfectly ! On Top Of That , Coming up On Our Anniversary, He Put Together The Songs From The Wedding So I Can Surprise My Wife ! It Is Rare To Find This Kind Of Service Anywhere Nowadays . Thanks Guys !!!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Nydia · Married on 06/04/2016

John was absolutely wonderful to work with! He met with my husband and I to go over every detail for the day of our wedding! When it came time to our big day, John just wasn't our DJ, he helped make sure the entire reception ran smoothly and the music was fantastic! All of our family and friends got up and dance and we had the best time. I completely recommend DJ by CJ and John for his fabulous service!

Sent on 06/12/2016