DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service Reviews

DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service 2
DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service 3
DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service 4

Allison · Married on 09/06/2009

DJ Bruce is awesome! By the time the reception ended our guests were chanting "Bruce! Bruce! Bruce!" They would have kept dancing if we didn't have to close it down. He keeps the energy UP!

Sent on 09/21/2009

Chris · Married on 06/10/2018

DJ Bruce did such an amazing job at our wedding on June 10, 2018!! I discovered "silent disco" headphones on a cruise in17 and asked if he would work with me on making that a reality. He was admittedly not sure how it would be received but was willing to give it a try and everything turned out fantastic! His station was "red" and everyone loved it! We found him to be personable, easy to work with, dependable and just couldn't have been happier. He did an amazing job, people didn't want to go home when the shuttle came!! We could've danced to his tunes alllll night!! Thank you so much Bruce!!!!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Erin · Married on 09/12/2014

We just used Dj Bruce as our Dj for our wedding at the Sanderling In Duck NC and he was awesome! He was very easy going with my guests and my last minute changes. He was very organized and efficient and his pricing was great. He let my guests make song requests and had a ton of options for music. Overall he was very easy to work with.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Brittany · Married on 10/04/2008

D.J. Bruce played the music for our ceremony as well. When the party was over, people were trying to pay him to stay longer so they could keep dancing. Bruce D.J.'s all over the Outer Banks on a regular basis. He really kept our party moving. We loved the music!

Sent on 10/28/2008
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 05/22/2016

My husband and I got married on 5.22.16 at the Sea Ranch Resort, We had visited the wedding expo in January '15 but never got to meet Bruce. Our first time meeting him in person was when we walked into the reception area as Husband & Wife - but he came highly recommended from our photographers (Ryan & Rachel) and our officiant (Tony) so we knew we had nothing to worry about! We were a little worried when he told us he usually doesn't play country songs because that's a majority of the songs we wanted to hear, but he did an amazing job mixing in country songs with our other songs. Highly recommend Bruce! He was super sweet and we stayed in contact by email throughout the whole DJ planning process. He also played songs during our ceremony as well. Thank you so much Bruce!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Courtney · Married on 07/11/2013

3.5

I would defiantly recommend Bruce Jones for your DJ in the Outer Banks. His flexibility for the ceremony was amazing as he was willing to take his equipment on the beach, after a storm just came through and then took his equipment back up into the pier house because we decided not to have the wedding outside. He is willing to do whatever you need for your wedding. All of my guests had an amazing time as we allowed them to request music which Bruce has a wide range of music. Bruce was even willing to stay for an extra hour at the last minute because we were just not ready for the party to stop. He was very easy to talk to and everyone said he was a delight to go up to and request a song. Bruce is very popular in the outer banks and does not respond to emails right away but don't worry because he did everything that we wanted in the end! He is amazing and I would defiantly recommend him!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Nicole · Married on 05/07/2014

DJ Bruce was great to work with. We had him at our reception, and only had a few snags. We had all of our "first dance" songs picked out in advance, and when we pulled up to the reception he had somehow lost the full version of our first dance song (what we were going to go into right after our introduction). We had to wait on the trolley until he re-downloaded the song (it took about 5-10 min, but felt like forever). It was just not as smooth as I wished it would have gone. Our trolley was also running about a half hour behind, pushing our reception events back. We ended up only getting about an hour of dance floor time after dinner, and it definitely was not enough time for everyone to really start enjoying themselves. Once his time was over, he stopped and did not offer any extra services to us. I understand that 5 hours was what his contract with us stated, however it would have been nice to offer us an extra half hour or hour so our reception just did not abruptly stop. He seemed like a super nice guy!

Sent on 05/16/2014

DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service's reply:

Nicole, I appreciate your feedback and review. I'm really sorry you didn't have the best experience. Unfortunately there's not much I can do to control the trolley's time. It's a long distance between The Whalehead Club and Aqua. With only one trolly making 3 roundtrip pick-ups, it definitely takes and took several hours, especially with in-season traffic. You were more than welcome to request more time at an additional fee at the end of my booking time, which our contract stated. As you stated above, my contract ended at 10:30pm, which is when I was instructed to play the last dance song. I go by the time on my contract and by the event order and timeline given to me. Unfortunately I didn't get much of a chance to talk with you. I didn't see you after the reception was over. I did talk to your husband, and he seemed pleased. Regarding your first dance song, I'm really sorry. I downloaded it from itunes the night prior to your reception, and the song had about 9 seconds was cut out of it at about 1:13 into the song. Fortunately I previewed the song just before you arrived to the reception and noticed the gap/glitch in the song. Therefore I immediately started downloading another copy of the .mp3 via amazonmp3.com. Unfortunately I wasn't in the best location to receive Aqua's wireless internet, so it did take about 5 minutes. On my behalf, I should have previewed the song beforehand, but I've never had that issue with an itunes download. It's definitely a lesson learned, and going forward I'll be sure to preview the full length of all special music downloaded from itunes. I'm really sorry you had to wait in the trolley 5-10 minutes before making your entrance. Your guests were dancing and seemed to be enjoying themselves from about 9:30pm -10:30pm. Again, I'm sorry you didn't have the best experience. It was a pleasure working with you and best wishes to the future!