DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service Reviews

DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service 2
DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service 3
DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service 4

Andrew · Married on 10/12/2013

What great stuff can't I say about DJ Bruce? He was great at playing the music we asked him too and threw in some requests from our guest. Didn't speak too much but when he did, was perfect. Amazing person to work with and had myself and all of our guest dancing until 11pm!!!

Sent on 12/23/2013

Melissa · Married on 09/01/2013

Everyone says that DJ Bruce is the best in OBX and they are correct!! We had our wedding on September 1st at The Sanderling Resort and Bruce was awesome! He did two different set ups with one on the beach for our ceremony and then one in our ceremony space. He had us fill out a detailed list before hand with the type of music and feel we would like to have for each part of the day and he certainly helped us capture what we were going for. Bruce made sure our day had a great flow to it and made the transitions without us asking.

There was a time that we were taking pictures and I was worried that our guests would have gotten bored waiting for the party to start. I walked back into our reception space to a full dance floor as Bruce knew it was time and got the party going. All the wedding vendors in OBX and I would agree that if you are planning a wedding get DJ Bruce!!!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/22/2013

DJ Bruce was easy to work with and played great music all night. He was very flexible and has an innate ability always play the right song. Our guests danced all night he even stayed an extra hour for us. We are from Philadelphia and only met him at a wedding expo once. So glad we made the choice to have him apart of our wedding. Thanks Bruce.

Sent on 09/22/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/12/2013

Thank you DJ Bruce for making our day so memorable!! The music and your announcements were flawless, and you really knew how to keep the guests up and dancing! Because of you, we were able to truly enjoy our reception into the night!

Sent on 10/12/2013
  • User2522011 · 2+ years ago

Bruce was a super chill and cool guy who gave us exactly what he promised. He MCed in a way that wasn't obtrusive or corny during the event, played a great mix of music depending on the feel of the crowd, and took last minute requests. Great guy and an awesome DJ - kept the dance floor going all night!

Sent on 07/16/2013

DJ Bruce Jones was awesome! He was able to help me pick ceremony songs, plan for timing based on the bridal party size and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. He even played the polka form my in-laws to dance to!! Over all my experience communicating with him was good. He always addresses questions and concerns you may have. In fact when I researched 'what to ask your DJ' the list of question I had from that were already addresses on his website.

Sent on 05/31/2013

Melissa · Married on 03/30/2013

DJ Bruce was fantastic! He was always responsive and so fun to work with. He was on time and his music selections fit perfectly into our special day. We allowed guests to make requests, and he played them as a well balanced mix of music for everyone to dance to- especially since the requests were so different from each guest! He was great and I would recommend him to any bride and groom for their special day.

Sent on 04/03/2013

danielle · Married on 03/02/2013

a DJ can make or break your event. Bruce made it, and he made it fantastic. He plays to the crowd, isn't cheesy, and has such a great personality. Spot on with everything. Please book him quick before he is hired for someone else's wedding!!!

Sent on 09/15/2014

K · Married on 10/06/2012

DJ BRUCE ROCKS! Seriously, he MADE my wedding fabulous. The dance floor was NEVER empty and he played all of the songs we requested, in addition to some really fun requests from our guests. I hired DJ Bruce after seeing him "spin" at a local bar in Duck, NC. He was fun and actually had turntables, rather than just an iPod with a playlist. All of my communications from that point on via email and phone were great. He even met up with my mom and me to discuss his approach to DJing weddings. He was organized, polite, professional and so personable. We knew right away that he was the perfect DJ for our wedding. I really didn't want the stereotypical DJ, who talks the whole night, tries to make jokes, and plays silly wedding songs like the Electric Slide. My guests don't need poking and prodding to get on the dance floor, they just need killer beats and good mixing--which DJ Bruce does so well!

In addition to his expertise as a DJ, Bruce is just a very, very nice guy. He was always so upbeat and friendly during all of our interactions. My husband and I sang our first song instead of dancing to it, and he worked very closely with us to make sure that everything was set up and ready when we came out for introductions. He also did the music at our ceremony and it was just perfect.

I can't say enough great things about DJ Bruce...I will hire him again if I ever have another big party on the Outer Banks! He's the best...book him while you can!!! THANK YOU BRUCE!!!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 08/19/2012

Being from out of town, we relied heavily on online reviews. From the reviews we saw, we decided to meet with DJ Bruce during a visit to the Outer Banks the summer before our wedding. He was the only DJ we met with and he was the perfect pick! DJ Bruce’s forms kept the process simple and straight forward. He kept the party going all night long and we had such a great time! So many people complimented us for the songs we had played at the wedding but we owe it all to DJ Bruce (we only requested a few songs and he went with it). He is awesome and so great to work with!

Sent on 11/10/2012

Charley · Married on 08/10/2012

If you want to get your guests on the dance floor and keep the party going long into the night, DJ Bruce is the perfect choice. Rather than give DJ Bruce a long play list (which he would have graciously accepted and played), we turned the reigns over to him with the simple request to keep the crowd happy and dancing. DJ Bruce absolutely killed it. DJ Bruce was exceptional at reading the tastes of the crowd, and literally had the dance floor packed and bopping for 5 hours straight. And he was working with a crowd that ranged in age from 5 – 75, all of who were kicking up their heels. It should also be noted that DJ Bruce was the perfect choice to provide the background music during the dinner. His music selections during dinner were never overwhelming or intrusive but whenever you took notice, the response was always what a perfect song choice. My husband and I cannot say enough great things about DJ Bruce, and neither could our guests. Hire DJ Bruce, he will make your wedding truly memorable and fun, fun, fun!!

Sent on 09/11/2012

Andrea · Married on 07/08/2012

What do you need to have a great party my mom always would say is good music, good food and good company. Let me tell you DJ Bruce was perfect for our wedding. He need little to no direction and had our guest dancing all night. He is young and fresh and knows good dancing music. He did not play all the cliche wedding songs. He know what is hot and he played it. He was great and he kept the party going. I would HIGHLY recommend him if you are looking to have fun!

Sent on 07/25/2012

Samantha · Married on 06/28/2012

DJ Bruce did a fantastic job at our wedding. We were pretty laid back when it came to our song selection and pretty much let him take over (aside from the predetermined dances, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc.) and he did a great job picking the right songs for the right moment. Our guests were on the dance floor all night long and 10:00 came way too soon!

Sent on 07/25/2012

Bruce was also easy to work with! He had all of my favorite songs dancing and was able to direct the wedding, do announcements even though we didn’t plan them, and provide the ceremony music. We told him some must plays, and what music we liked and he took it from there. We were running late so I think one or two songs were missed, but it wasn’t his fault. He could read the crowd and gage if it was time to take a break with a slow song. He set up his computer to play older music during dinner. All in all, awesome and knows how to work a young crowd. You bet we did all the group dance songs and I showed the older generation how to wobble.

Sent on 07/17/2012

Duane · Married on 05/31/2012

We met with a couple DJ's before deciding to go with DJ Bruce. There are several good ones in the Outer Banks but we couldn't be happier that we went with Bruce. He was helpful in deciding music and responded to everyone e-mail I sent. Being out of state didn't hinder his ability to do everything we asked for the reception. We threw some last minute things at him during the event and he went with it and made it work. If you want someone who can mix things up, keep the dance party going, and just truly have fun, DJ Bruce is the DJ for you.

Sent on 06/22/2012

Brooke · Married on 05/27/2012

Bruce was great! He has a huge selection of music at his disposal and knows how to keep the party going. My husband and I were looking for a specific version of our first dance song that we could only find on YouTube. I looked everywhere for a digital copy of the song and could not find it. We were very pleased to hear that Bruce had it for us. We gave him some examples of songs that we liked and songs that we did not want to hear. From that he made fantastic song selections throughout the night. He is a very laid back guy and is well respected by the Outer Banks wedding vendor community. You can't go wrong with Bruce.

Sent on 08/06/2012

Debbi · Married on 05/03/2012

Bruce was the DJ at my daughter's wedding and we all agreed he did a spectacular job. We loved the variety of music he played and we couldn't have been happier with him. He was a consumate professionsal and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend him for any occassion - large or small. His rates were very reasonable and he was easy to work with.

Sent on 05/06/2012
  • jilianleigh

Jilian · Married on 04/06/2012

LOVED him! He played all of the music that we had requested and had them running into one another so smoothly that the whole night almost seemed like one great song! I danced the entire night and was so excited with each song that played. My husband was just as pleased. I am pretty sure that almost everyone was dancing the entire time he played! We tried to get him to stay longer but he had another event to go to. I think that we would have paid him to stay all night if he would have been available!

Sent on 04/27/2012

Jamie · Married on 11/19/2011

Bruce is a great DJ! He played every song I requested and kept the guests dancing all night! He is so easy and fun to work with!

Sent on 11/27/2011

Linda Dallas · Married on 10/15/2011

We had less than 5 months to plan an OBX wedding. Originally the bride and groom wanted a live band but it became clear that no "good" band was available so we were left going the DJ route. And boy, are we glad we did! We found DJ Bruce through a recommendation from The Sanderling, even tho our event was at The Whalehead Club. Bruce met with the bride and groom in August, talked about the playlist, and they were SOLD! We asked Bruce if he would also do the After Party because the reception had to be over, due to county noise restrictions, by 10 PM. He was glad to do that for us. Did we make the right decision? Oh yes -- the music was fabulous! During dinner, it was soft enough to have conversations without screaming, but when the party began, BOY did he get everyone of all ages out on the dance floor and having a blast! Everyone complimented us on the music -- he ws amazing! No one thought, "Oh, wish they'd had a live band.". I can't say enough good things about Bruce -- he is WONDERFUL!

Sent on 11/03/2011

Samantha · Married on 05/21/2011

Bruce is the best. He was able to find and play really obscure songs that we requested and he had everyone at our wedding dancing until the very end.

Sent on 06/17/2011
  • kendra

kendra · Married on 05/15/2011

Bruce was great. He was so nice and friendly. He played all the songs on our list, I think. We were having such a great time, we didn't even notice if everything didn't get played. He played a great mix of music. We truly, "danced the night away".
    My only complaint...and it probably wasn't his fault, is that during our wedding party's entrance, we couldn't hear the entry music, which was really disappointing. My husband and I worked really hard to pick that music out. However, where we entered from and where Bruce was located were kind of far apart, so it may have just be a location thing.
    We would definitely use Bruce again!

Sent on 06/08/2012

Heather · Married on 10/07/2010

DJ Bruce was awesome! He was great to work with and played great songs. Everyone commented on how amazing out music was. DJ Bruce kept the party going!

Sent on 12/06/2010

Amber · Married on 05/19/2010

DJ Bruce was amazing. I picked songs for the traditional things but didn't give him a playlist for the night. He somehow played everything I would have picked anyway. People kept complimenting me on "the music I picked" and I had to admit that he'd picked it all. Bruce kept the energy up all night and played any requests right away. His prices are fair and if I ever host another event in the Outer Banks, I know who my DJ will be.

Sent on 09/08/2010

Stefanie · Married on 05/13/2010

DJ Bruce is great! We live 4 hours from the OBX and didn't know many vendors in the area. DJ Bruce was a perfect fit for our wedding and our guests had a great time! Every song that we requested, he had for us, no problems at all!

Sent on 07/19/2010