DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service Reviews

DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service 2
DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service 3
DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service 4

Robin · Married on 10/18/2015

DJ Bruce was fantastic! Many of our guests commented on the great selection of music, and how great he was with keeping everything flowing smoothly. From the get-go when we met him at the OBXWA expo in January, we knew he was the right DJ for us. He was very easy to talk to, and he always was sure to get back to me when I had any questions. He provided all information we needed, and was very clear on what information he needed from us, and made the process very easy from the start. We are so happy to have had DJ Bruce at our wedding and would recommend him to anybody looking to have an OBX wedding!

Sent on 10/23/2015

DJ Bruce was awesome! He was extremely flexible and listened to everything we wanted and our needs. If you want a great DJ on OBX, DJ Bruce is the one, but book him quick bc he gets booked up QUICK! DJs are so much better than bands:)

Sent on 11/03/2015

Shyanne · Married on 10/13/2015

Absolutely loved the music and atmosphere he created! Highly recommend! He was so easy and professional. We handed him a list of songs that had meaning there was no added work it all turned out perfect!

Sent on 04/15/2016

Caitlin · Married on 10/02/2015

Bruce was amazing!!!! From the time I met him at the bridal expo I knew he was the perfect fit. He was so wonderful to communicate with and his music choices where amazing! When he asked for a list of songs I just gave him our general style of music we enjoyed and he hit the nail on the head! He had everybody up and dancing the whole reception. He is truly a great guy and DJ. I would recommend him to any bride looking! Thanks Bruce!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Taylor · Married on 09/20/2015

DJ Bruce is the best! Great with communication, great with last minute details and you can easily give him an idea of what you want and he can run with it in order to make all your guests happy. We can't say enough great things about his personality, service, and professionalism. He goes above and beyond - and was absolutely perfect for our wedding! Rest easy knowing everything will go perfectly for your event when booking Bruce! :)

Sent on 09/28/2015

Patrice · Married on 09/18/2015

Oh man. Where to start with DJ Bruce!?! We are so happy and feel so lucky that we got to have Bruce be apart of our wedding celebration.

We had found Bruce originally via WW, and soon after, we realized everyone in the OBX area knows and LOVES him. It was really exciting to hear such wonderful things about him after booking him. Even our photographers from Raleigh mentioned we should hire him, not knowing we had already reached out to him! Needless to say, we were excited, and we couldn't help but have high expectations.

Bruce DID. NOT. DISAPPOINT. From answering all of our music related questions quickly and patiently, to keeping the dance floor packed, we enjoyed working with Bruce start to finish. He played all of our requests (and there were many), he had the best flow, and in general, the music was just so good. All ages danced, which is exactly what we wanted! He also was the perfect, non-offensive wedding announcer as well and took an amazing final song shot from the DJ booth, which I very much cherish. :)

Thank you, Bruce for everything! If ever we host another party in OBX, we are coming to you!!! - Patrice and Ben

Sent on 05/22/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/15/2015

DJ Bruce was an absolute dream! He played everything we asked for and more. He was such a hit at our wedding! He made me feel at ease and really was able to keep the party going! We were so thrilled with him!!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Keri · Married on 09/06/2015

DJ Bruce was great!! He definitely went from ideas that my fiancé and I chose for music style and selection! He also found songs that people requested last minute.
    He was also accommodating when I asked him to allow my uncle rap to a biggie smalls song! Lol thanks!!
    If you would like DJ Bruce to stay a little late let him no in advance by he's a well known dj in the area. You will want him at your event!!

Sent on 09/13/2015

We had our wedding at the Hilton Garden Inn Pier House in Kitty Hawk this month (7-2015), and had planned on a "DIY" iPod, but chickened out about the sound system and music flow a month before. LUCKILY - since our wedding was on a Sunday, DJ Bruce was available, and we are SO thankful! He did an amazing job, and was also more affordable than other DJ's in the area. We didn't want any cheesy introductions, and had some pretty specific requests in regards to our music tastes, as well. He played an array of songs from all generations, like we asked, as well as a lot of 90's hip-hop and old school songs that our guests LOVED. Everyone kept coming up to us and saying how awesome the DJ was. We partied for hours, and had a fantastic time. Thank you DJ Bruce, for making our wedding a hit!!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Brittney · Married on 06/20/2015

Bruce was so easy to work with! He is quick to respond to any questions and is very helpful. He did such an amazing job at our wedding, the dance floor was crowded the entire night!! I received so many compliments on the music, it was perfect.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Steph · Married on 04/11/2015

DJ Bruce was fantastic! He did our ceremony on the beach and the reception. He was fantastic to communicate with leading up to the day. Every guest said great things about him and how open and friendly he was to any requests. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night and kept everyone entertained. He is THE BEST!!!

Sent on 04/14/2015

jessica · Married on 11/16/2014

When we first started looking for a DJ for our Outer Banks wedding, we asked around, and without fail, EVERYONE suggested DJ Bruce! And we are so glad we listened and booked him, because he helped to make our wedding perfect! He listened to our needs, and helped us with everything from ceremony music, to cocktail hour and our reception, and was very professional through it all. Everyone had a great time at the reception- he played music that kept everyone on the dance floor all night. It was just what I wanted and more!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Mollie+VJ · Married on 10/17/2014

Planning a "destination" wedding isn't easy, especially the music. Going off the same reviews read here and among OBX locals we took a leap of faith with DJ Bruce and couldn't have had a better party. Our family likes to dance so the DJ had to be good and DJ Bruce was better than good. He had the beats thumping the whole night. If you can book DJ Bruce, do it!

Sent on 02/16/2015

Michelle · Married on 10/10/2014

DJ Bruce. Was. Perfect!!! I knew just by taking to him, and everyone else that had ever met or worked with him, that he was going to be the best DJ for our wedding day. He did not disappoint whatsoever.

He executed our parents/bridal party/bride & groom introductions flawlessly! His song selections for the entire night couldn't have been more perfect! He kept the dance floor FULL the entire night! He helped make our reception better than we could have imagined it!

We received countless praises from our guests about how amazing he was and how he was one of the best DJs of all the weddings they had attended.

We cannot recommend DJ Bruce enough for your big day!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Krista · Married on 09/27/2014

Bruce was awesome!
    When we starting asking other vendors who they would recommend as a DJ the consensus was DJ Bruce is the best, and we couldn't agree more. Good music was a must for us, and we didn't want a cheesy wedding DJ. I met Bruce about a year before the wedding and knew his laid back attitude would be a perfect fit for our wedding. He was responsive to emails, and gave us a template to complete with our music for our first dance etc, how we wanted to be introduced, and any music we definitely wanted to hear. He did an incredible job of mixing our must have songs with so many other great selections I hadn't thought about. Overall we didn't want to try to over control the music, but just let him do what he does best and he delivered above and beyond! As the night wore on I love that he included more modern music, and honored lots of requests made by guests, to include taylor swift for my nieces (thanks Bruce!) Even better was that there was no cheesy DJ voice, and he stuck to our do not play list (no cheesy group dance songs thanks you bruce). I don't think I left the dance floor for three hours, and was an absolute sweaty mess at the end, and it was all thanks to the great music! Thanks Bruce for making our party such a blast!!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Jackie · Married on 07/23/2014

Bruce was absolutely perfect for our wedding! I had a couple last minute adds about a week before the wedding, and he threw them in no problem. Any song we asked for, we heard. Then for the rest I told him it was a mix of country and old school rap, which he also came through on! He waited until we were ready to play our final song, and even when my husband missed the groom's cake cutting song, he played it again. He was great through out the night, and we couldn't thank him enough!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Kasandra · Married on 07/18/2014

DJ Bruce was fantastic. He did our beach ceremony and our reception inside the Kitty Hawk Pier. He did such a wonderful job and all of my guests loved him. He also played some Spanish music we requested, which ended up being a big hit with our guests. Honestly, I couldn't have asked for anything more. You will not be disappointed if you book with him.

Sent on 07/30/2014

Corey · Married on 07/12/2014

Bruce was a DREAM DJ! I planned my own wedding, and I decided that I was going to make my own playlist when I saw the prices for a DJ. However, I realized that the DJ is the person who basically controls the entire flow of the wedding reception. Then I found his website, and his prices were the best value compared to any other DJ that I found. And believe me when I say I did my research!! So many DJ's have hidden fees. It's ridiculous. Bruce played everything that we requested, and all of his music choices (beyond our specific requests) were perfectly matched with the type of music we wanted to hear. He made a special announcement to congratulate my best friend and her husband for joining us on their own wedding anniversary, and made all other announcements on time, as discussed prior to the event. He kept in constant communication with us from the beginning until the BIG DAY! He was personable, helpful, and prevented me (the bride) from having a total nervous breakdown.

Thanks again Bruce!!!
    Allen and Corey Carter

Sent on 03/13/2015

Vicki · Married on 07/11/2014

Love DJ Bruce! Kind and Professional! He was so on top of everything at our wedding at The Sanderling Resort and multiple people came up to us right after my husband and I made our entrance to tell us how much they loved what he was playing. He really reads the room and played everything that we asked at the PERFECT time! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Andrea · Married on 07/09/2014

DJ Bruce was amazing for my July wedding in Hatteras. The music kept our guests dancing all night and he was an awesome master of ceremonies. Best DJ on the island hands down!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/22/2014

Simply put, Bruce is the man!

He is basically the Miss Cleo of turntables. Magically mixing music live and reading the crowd with the best of them. We had a steel drum player at our ceremony and Bruce worked with him to transition into the reception. That should of been recorded and sold for top dollar on iTunes. Talk about a total pro.

Thank you Bruce for playing our favorite songs and making our wedding so much fun for everyone. We are forever thankful.

Mr. & Mrs. Sosnin

Sent on 09/10/2014

Beth · Married on 06/11/2014

We hired DJ Bruce for our destination wedding at the Sanderling Resort and could not be more pleased! He provided the music for our beach ceremony and for our dinner and reception afterwards. He was wonderful to work with throughout the entire planning process - he was responsive to questions and provided suggestions for music selection.

Bruce played exactly what we requested for our dinner and reception, making sure to play my special requests as well. Throughout our reception and the following week we received numerous compliments from our guests about the music selection. I would recommend him for any special occasion!

Sent on 06/21/2014

Bridget · Married on 05/16/2014

DJ Bruce was amazing! Everything from the ceremony, to the introductions, to the dances went perfectly smooth. He did everything I asked, no questions!

Sent on 03/11/2015

Mary · Married on 05/10/2014

DJ Bruce made my wedding the "most fun wedding" my guests have attended. He came through with the song choices and was able to keep the crowd dancing for the entire reception. He was very flexible when I asked if he could include some Greek music for my family. He was easy to communicate with and responsive to what we wanted. I would highly recommend him if you don't want a trpical, corny wedding dj!!

Sent on 03/10/2015

Maureen · Married on 04/28/2014

My husband and I were planning a destination wedding in Nags Head and we initially found Bruce through the Outer Banks Wedding Association website. We researched dozens of DJs, and when a local friend recommended him to us, we knew we had made a good choice! Email and phone communication were key since we don't live in OBX, and Bruce was always immediately responsive and so pleasant. We tried a couple times to make a trip out there to meet with our vendors including Bruce and the first time plans fell through, and Bruce was completely understanding. We finally met in person at Front Porch Coffee, and he cleared his plans with little advance notice to meet with us. When you spend time with him you really get a sense of how well established and liked he is in the area - practically every person who walked into the coffee shop greeted Bruce with a smile. He was even more pleasant in person and made us feel so relaxed and excited for our wedding day music!

We hired Bruce to provide music services for our ceremony AND reception. On our wedding day, the weather was horrible. We waited until the last minute to call off the outdoor ceremony and move everything indoors. Bruce was so professional and completely went with the flow. The change in plans was so flawless that all of our guests thought we were planning an indoor ceremony the whole time!

Our guests are still raving about the quality of our ceremony and reception music - we keep telling them it was all Bruce, not us! He kept our diverse crowd happy from the youngest guests to our grandparents. He did an exceptional job with all of the announcements and kept our guests, and us, dancing all night. I don't think we could have found a better DJ for our wedding in the Outer Banks and we would recommend Bruce to anyone! He is so talented and so personable. I hope we have the pleasure of working with him again some day!

Sent on 05/21/2014