DJ Brian Hood Reviews

103 | Wilmington, NC

103 Reviews for DJ Brian Hood

Brandon · Married on 04/26/2013

Brian was absolutely fantastic. He worked well with songs we asked to be played and filled in with songs that matched our tastes in music perfectly. Everyone at our wedding stayed on the dance floor all night and had a blast. There is not another DJ in town that will match Brian's skill. We were blown away at how well the music went at our wedding. Thank you Brian for helping make our wedding fun and exciting.

Sent on 05/12/2013

Natalyn & Kenny · Married on 04/06/2013

Brian was amazing leading up to our wedding & even on our wedding day. Not only is he completely easy & fun to work with, but everything went seamlessly on our wedding day with no falter in any way at all. We would DEFINITELY recommend him & we will!

Sent on 04/16/2013

Alison · Married on 03/30/2013

Brian was a great DJ!!!! The quality of service was A+!!!!! He is funny and a really knows how to get everyone out on the dance floor!!!!!!! I would absolutely recommend Brian for any event that you would like to spice up with a great DJ!!!!!

Sent on 04/11/2013

Chandra · Married on 03/29/2013

Everything was perfect for our daughters wedding. The song selection was great something for everyone young and old alike. We would also like to say Thank You so much for staying an extra hour. Everyone had a blast. Thanks again for everything - Mr. & Mrs. Baillargeon (parents of the bride)

Sent on 04/09/2013

Jenna · Married on 03/22/2013

DJ Brian Hood was the best dj I could have imagined for our special day. He took our requested list of songs and created the most wonderful flow of music for our wedding reception! We are SO happy the girls at Kickstand Events recommended him to us! If we need a DJ ever again, or know someone in need, we wouldn't recommend anyone but DJ Brian Hood!!

Sent on 03/26/2013

THE BEST DJ--and that is not just my opinion. The dance floor was packed all night, he captured the exact mood we wanted, and MULTIPLE guests told me he was the best they had heard. He was perfect.

Rebecca · Married on 11/17/2012

The music and the flow was amazing. You were very attentive to what I needed and also very good at moving horrible speeches along by flowing into great music! Thanks for being apart of such an amazing day for Chris and I and I look forward to seeing soon! Hopefully Pamela will use you in her wedding:)

Kimberly · Married on 11/09/2012

The service Brian provided for our wedding was professional and exceptional. I met Brian at a wedding event called Courtyards & Cobblestones in downtown Wilmington earlier this year, as I was just beginning my wedding planning. I had decided to put him on my list of DJ's to contact, and he quickly became my number one pick after meeting with several other vendors (wedding venue coordinator, photographer, officiant) who also recommended him as a top pick. Brian was prompt to reply with pricing and worked with us for both our wedding ceremony and our reception (we had no other music vendor). My fiance and I only had a few songs that were "must plays," and we were open to Brian's suggestions on ceremony and reception music based on our tastes. He was spot-on with with taking our information from our meeting and coming up with the music and playlist that we loved (he even found and downloaded the groom/mother of groom dance song for us and chose my entrance song). Whether you have specific songs and a layout you want him to follow, or whether you're looking for some guidance for your event, Brian is a perfect choice. Beyond his talent for picking great music to suit our event, he was always on time and dressed professionally. A big help to me on our wedding day was that he was familiar with and had worked with the venue coordinator and officiant numerous times before and the communication was seamless. My fiance and I think our wedding music was the best ever, and I had numerous family and friends compliment us on our choice of DJ. Thank you, Brian, I would recommend you to anyone, for any type of event!

Terri · Married on 10/26/2012

Brian was really great to work with! He answered any and all questions in the time leading up to the wedding. He did both our ceremony and reception music. Brian played music that got people of all ages on the dance floor having an awesome time. He was willing to cater his music to our specific requests, and did an awesome job of really making it a fun and memorable event. I would highly recommend Brian to DJ any wedding or event that you may have!

Sent on 11/04/2012

Matt · Married on 09/22/2012

Brian did a great job, was very responsive to our needs, and managed the flow very effectively. Lots of great feedback from our guests... thanks and well done!

Sent on 10/04/2012

monica · Married on 08/31/2012

Brian is a wonderful dj who made our wedding exciting, fun, and all around awesome and we thank him very much!

Sent on 10/10/2012

He made the party a party! Took the pulse of the crowd and kept them going all night!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Krissy · Married on 05/11/2012

Brian did a great job helping us choose our music for the ceremony and reception, was very responsive on email and reasonably priced. The music he played at the reception kept the party going and people on the dance floor - he even transitioned perfectly when we had a request to play some music for our older guests. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/05/2012

Kelly · Married on 03/03/2012

From our initial meeting with Brian, we knew that he was perfect for our wedding. We let him know that we were going for the fun party vibe as opposed to the traditional wedding music and Brian did not disappoint in any way. We had the music flowing across all genres from an eclectic ceremony to a soulful dinner to a dance party reception. Brian was also able to make our first dance dreams come true with a mash up of a slow song and an old school classic. He kept the party going and there was never a moment where the dance floor was empty taking my song list and vision and making it a truly memorable experience for all guests. DJ Brian Hood exceeded my expectations in every way and I would definitely recommend him for future events!

Sent on 03/17/2012

Ali · Married on 09/04/2011

Great DJ!!! Brian knows exactly how to read the crowd and give them the music they are dying to hear to get them on the dance floor! He also does a great job at playing the perfect music during cocktail hour/dinner to set the atmosphere.

Sent on 03/01/2012

Amy · Married on 06/04/2011

I wanted a party for my reception...and that is what I got thanks to Brian. Everyone still talks about how much fun they had and I am so happy that it was the celebration that I always wanted. My guests stayed on the dance floor until we were getting ready to leave! Also, I must mention, Brian was able to pull all that off even after having an "accident" the night before. No one could tell he wasn't a 100%. He did such a good job my mother is using him for her wedding in July 2012! Thank Brian!!!!

Sent on 03/09/2012

Avery · Married on 09/01/2018

DJ Brian Hood was the perfect choice for our wedding! He made sure the party started and did not stop until the very end of the event! Plus, he helped keep things flowing smoothly while also acting as the emcee. He is amazing to work with. He is very personable and goes out of his way to ensure the party/music choice is tailored to your style. I highly recommend him!!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Jody · Married on 05/13/2017

The DJ not only plays music, but is the emcee for the reception. I looked for one based on reviews and personal recommendations. Brian’s name came up again and again as the best in Wilmington. Fortunately for us he was available! He did a great job putting together a complex wedding party introduction of 9 song clips, followed by great background music for outdoor cocktail hour. A 2-hour dance party followed the cake cutting, toasts and first dances. The dance floor was packed the entire evening with a great assortment of music that appealed to all ages of our guests.

Sent on 05/26/2017
  • Lydia

Lydia · Married on 10/20/2019

Awesome DJ

Brian kept the night flowing perfectly from ceremony music to the reception. He played everything we had requested and worked in announcements or songs that were requested. He was very professional and kind.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Claire · Married on 06/17/2017

Brian was a fantastic DJ for my wedding! He played a great variety of dance songs which kept everyone dancing the whole time. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ. Thank you for making my wedding day so memorable by keeping everyone smiling and dancing!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Alaethea · Married on 05/20/2016

Brian was great to work with for our wedding! We actually ended up working with one of his colleagues for the actual wedding but Brian was there the whole time to make sure everything was set up correctly and all the right songs were played! Our friends had so much fun at our wedding and our DJ had a lot of do with that. Don't just make a spotify playlist and think it will be the same as having a real DJ--worth every penny!

Sent on 05/28/2016

Rachel · Married on 05/05/2013

We hired Brian as our DJ for our wedding at 128 South in Wilmington. He was awesome and I'm so glad we had him there. I've been to too many weddings where the DJ talks too much, thinks he's funnier than he is and generally tries to steal the show. Brian did none of that.

After we met with him, Brian was completely on the same page as we were regarding the style of music, what should and should not be played and the overall tone for our reception. He did an amazing job, and we were so thankful to have him as part of our day.

Sent on 05/19/2013

Michelle Rivera · Getting married on 11/01/2020

3.0

Understood our passion for music

Brian was incredible! He understood our vision and gave us some good pointers as far as when to cut off certain types of music and when to get it pumped up! He is a bit slow to answer but he is worth the wait! He actually had an accident about two weeks prior to our wedding and was unable to DJ the event himself but he brought in someone else gave them exact directions and even showed up at the wedding in a cast after surgery to make sure that the other DJ got all of our first dances and songs right. He handled all of the new DJ stuff on his end without bothering us or stressing us out! He knows his stuff and was perfect for us, wish I knew the name of the guy he had fill in because he was pretty great too but definitely followed what we had already planned with Brian.

Sent on 03/05/2020

Brian was awesome! He did exactly what we asked, was professional, and the crowd loved the music!!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Ashley · Married on 03/23/2013

Brian DJ'd for both our ceremony and reception. We didn't have anything specific in mind, and were able to just give him general direction of what we envisioned. He did a great job of matching the music to our style as a couple, and we couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 04/11/2013