DJ Brian Hood Reviews

103 | Wilmington, NC

103 Reviews for DJ Brian Hood

Matt · Married on 04/03/2015

My bride and I were juggling between the idea of a DJ and a live band and we couldn't be happier with our decision...DJ Brian Hood was fantastic! Before our big day, we had a planning meeting and laid out exactly what vibe we were going for and our likings (and dislikings) in music. He jotted down notes and did wonderfully at our reception. He played the right stuff at the right times and only engaged the crowd when necessary (for cake-cutting, toasts, etc), and even gave a shout-out to an up-and-coming singer/songwriter we had in attendance and played her new single. He also stepped out from behind the DJ booth to make sure my bride and I were enjoying ourselves. He is the epitome of professionalism and an absolute joy to work with.

Sent on 05/03/2015

Robert · Married on 03/20/2015

Brian was great. He was very patient waiting for our song selections. He provided DJ services throughout the ceremony, dinner, cake cutting, toasts, and reception. He was spot on throughout the evening and night. He was awesome and would definitely use him again.

Sent on 04/13/2015

DJ Brian Hood was a great DJ and he gave us a reasonable price. Everyone loved the music he chose for my crowd and he played everything my husband and I wanted to hear. He was professional and on time and I would recommend him to anyone wanting a great DJ for there wedding.

Sent on 03/24/2015

DJ Brian Hood was AMAZING! Not a single complaint. He was there first thing in the morning setting up and getting prepared for our evening wedding. Made all of the announcements we requested as well as songs. Didn't play a single song that wasn't our "style". One of the best choices we made when choosing vendors. I would recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Sarah · Married on 10/25/2014

Brian is without a doubt the best DJ in Wilmington. His prices are reasonable, and he is really easy to work with. Brian is also really good at reading the crowd and adjusting the music accordingly. He doesn't try to become the center of attention by talking a lot and making jokes as some DJs do. Our wedding guests thought we was great, we thought he was great, and I would definitely recommend his services to anyone looking for a DJ in the are.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Gia · Married on 10/19/2014

Brian is the nicest guy and he's great at what he does. We met with him before the wedding and he went over every little detail with us to make sure everything was exactly what we wanted. The night of the wedding he kept checking in with us to make sure we were happy. We even had some crazy family members who were trying to take over our playlist and Brian handled it graciously and made sure to stick to the playlist we provided him. He made our night wonderful and we were dancing all night long! We couldn't have gotten a better DJ :)

Sent on 10/27/2014

Theresa · Married on 10/10/2014

Not only was Brian an awesome DJ but he was a great person throughout our entire reception. He really went above and beyond his duties to accommodate us- finding us throughout the night to make sure everything was good. He played exactly what we were looking for and kept the dance floor packed all night. Would highly recommend Brian to anyone doing an event in the Wilmington, NC area.

Sent on 10/13/2014

We are so glad that we selected Brian Hood as our DJ for our wedding in Wilmington, NC. Brian provided excellent services during our cocktail hour, dinner hour, and party hours. He provided professional MC service to help the catering staff move guests to dinner, to toasts, and all the important milestones of a reception. Once he got the dance party started...it was non-stop. The music was tailored to our tastes and he did a wonderful job of keeping the crowd moving!! Thank you Brian!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Cassie · Married on 08/23/2014

So helpful and a pleasure to work with!! Brian made our playlist for the night and everything about it was great!! Such a great night and DJ Hood made the night even better! Would highly recommend for any event!

Sent on 01/22/2015

Samantha · Married on 08/16/2014

He did an amazing job at both our ceremony and reception! We gave him a general idea of what we wanted to here and he took over from there. He even had great suggestions for songs to play during the bouquet and garter toss. Our guests had a great time. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 08/25/2014

DJ Brian Hood is the BEST! He can read the crowd like no other DJ I've worked with. As a wedding professional myself, I appreciate his willingness to take some requests from our guests when it wasn't necessarily his style. Our guests were blown away by the energy on the dance floor and I know it's because of Brian's talents. From coordinating the toasts and perfect wedding party introductions to providing sound for the ceremony, Brian was the perfect man for the job. It's rare to find a DJ that has talent with both music and being master of ceremonies and he was excellent on both counts! We can't thank you enough for a perfect wedding day and an amazing party!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Kris · Married on 07/19/2014

Words can't even describe dj Brian Hood! I had the best time ever at my wedding and all my guest loved him!! The best spent money on my wedding day!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Katie · Married on 06/07/2014

Brian Hood is an excellent DJ!! It was such an easy process - he's very knowledgeable, very nice, and good at what he does. He played awesome music and everyone said they had a blast on the dance floor. He provided music for the ceremony and reception and even provided a mic so a family friend could sing during the ceremony. Overall we were very pleased with Brian as our DJ and would recommend him for any event!!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Lindsay · Married on 05/11/2014

Brian was exactly what we were looking for and he could not have done a better job. He was so easy going and made sure we had exactly what we wanted. I would recommend him to anyone and can not say enough good things about him.

Sent on 05/14/2014

Bridget · Married on 05/10/2014

Brian was amazing to work with, we could not have asked for a better DJ! We do not live in wilmington so meeting prior to the wedding was difficult but Brian was always available to answer questions and help us over the phone and via email! We absolutely loved working with him and he did a great job! I am still getting texts and comments from our guests about how awesome our DJ was for the wedding and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great DJ for their event!

Sent on 05/27/2014

Kristen & Alex · Married on 11/09/2013

If you are looking for a DJ that will rock your event and keep the dance floor packed, then Brian Hood is THE DJ for you! He was so professional and flexible it made planning a breeze. He had an amazing ability to read the crowd and give them what they wanted to hear. Our dance floor was packed the entire night and so many of our guests have told us how great they thought he was!

Sent on 11/23/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/26/2013

Brian was awesome! Super easy to work with and extremely professional! He does a great job of reading the crowd and keeping everyone happy!!! We danced the night away and had so much fun!!

Sent on 11/08/2013
  • F

Fiona · Married on 10/20/2013

Brian Hood provided DJ services for our wedding ceremony & reception at 128 South in Wilmington, NC on 10/20/13. Brian did a truly amazing job! He worked closely with my husband and I to create playlists for the ceremony and reception that met the tastes of our family & friends. He had the dance floor going all night! Our family & friends praised Brian's work for days after the wedding! We would highly recommend Brian Hood!

Sent on 11/02/2013

Brian did a fabulous job at our wedding! He played a wide variety of music based on our suggestions, and the dance floor was packed the entire night. We have heard over and over from our guests that our "DJ was awesome" and "This was one of the most fun weddings I've been too". We highly recommend Brian for any event!!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Kyle and Marie · Married on 07/27/2013

Not only is Brian super talented he is one of the nicest guys to work with! He made our wedding night one that will never be forgotten! I do not think that there was one person who did not make it onto the dance floor! The music selection was perfect and his equipment was top of the line! He set everything up well before his deadline and was prompt to respond to any questions that we had for him. My parents have already said that they want to book him for their 50th anniversary or any party that they will be throwing in the future! I would highly recommend booking Brian Hood for any event, you will not be sorry!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Brian was easy to work with and did a fabulous job on our wedding day. Thanks again Brian!!

Sent on 08/06/2013

Andrea · Married on 07/06/2013

My husband and I planned our wedding from the West Coast, which can be very stressful and overall difficult. Brian was always very quick to respond to us (which was always via phone or email) and made scheduling conference calls easy. Even though he's a very busy DJ, he was always focused on us and our needs/concerns any time we met. Our reception went perfectly, and our guests danced for 2 hours straight! Brian knows how to read a crowd and give them what they want! We would definitely recommend him to anyone planning a wedding/reception/special event !!!

Sent on 08/21/2013

Stephanie · Married on 07/05/2013

Brian's kept the crowd dancing and everyone up and going the entire time! Easy to work with and good at reading the crowds! Definitely recommend to anyone looking for a DJ!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Sarah · Married on 05/17/2013

Brian was so wonderful! I couldn't be happier with him; he was very professional and easy to work with.

Sent on 06/19/2013

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2013

Need a DJ....go with Brian Hood! He rocked our socks and dance floor ALL NIGHT LONG at our recent wedding! Brian provided music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and reception without missing a beat! He assisted my husband and I throughout the entire process of selecting music for our big day- suggesting new artists and providing playlist for us to reference. He helped us realize that the day is yours and you can do what you wish! We gave him the song list and he made the magic happen...terrific flow throughout the entire evening! A+

Sent on 05/06/2013