DJ Barry Productions Reviews

18 | Piedmont, SC

18 Reviews for DJ Barry Productions

Candice · Married on 06/16/2018

10/10! DJ Barry kept my guests dancing! I would use him again for any event I need in the future!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Kelly · Married on 10/21/2017

DJ Barry, you were the perfect professional for our wedding....on time, well dressed and playing your passion! You have a great music selection and thank you again for accommodating the unusual classical covers for us during the ceremony. We enjoyed seeing our guests tear up the dance floor at the reception! Thank you so much for your experience and intuition!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Shaquera · Married on 09/20/2014

DJ Barry was SO AWESOME!!!! He kept the reception moving and the party going! My guests had an absolute blast. He played such a great mix of music and was flexible when it came to guest requests! He was much more affordable than the other DJs we encountered, not to mention he had the most wonderful interactive planning form online which allowed me to give him a full picture of what we wanted for our special day. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/28/2014

We were so lucky to get to work with DJ Barry Moss for our wedding. I spent hours looking for an affordable DJ online, even extending my search to a couple hours away from our venue. When I found DJ Barry and received a pricing quote, I thought it was too good to be true! Because it was a destination wedding, all of my interaction with DJ Barry was online up until the week of the wedding when we spoke on the phone. It was then that he got all of the final details that he needed ironed out. After booking with DJ Barry, you receive an online planning portal that allows you to pretty much put every song you could imagine dancing to in a request list. You are also able to plan out your timeline as well as special dance songs, etc. It was an incredibly organized process (I just waited until the last minute to do it). DJ Barry was incredibly professional and always quick to respond to any questions I had.

The day of our wedding, Barry arrived on time and set everything up. He had very few questions for me and was ready on time for things to start. He was incredibly flexible! Wedding timing tends to get a little off and ours did. The ceremony started late. Dinner started late. Everything kind of got pushed back but DJ Barry just checked with me (and I tried to keep him updated) and everything still flowed smoothly. He had a great DJ voice and I don’t think the dance floor was empty one time the entire night. He was kind, helpful, and kept the party going. There is not a single negative thing I can say about DJ Barry and would recommend him to anyone getting married in the Asheville/Greenville area.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Tiffany · Married on 01/11/2014

My husband had hired DJ Barry for my birthday party in 2012 and we both agreed that he did a great job so we decided to use his services again for our wedding. He is so professional and I love his interactive website. His client area on his website is very detailed and includes planning forms allowing you to enter all the pertinent information needed for the wedding such as time, date, location, names of individuals in the wedding party, etc. You can select the songs you want for each specific event during the wedding and he has an interactive music selection/request form as well. Days before the wedding he will go over every detail down to the pronunciation of names to make sure that everything goes smoothly the day of. He is on time and doesn’t miss any details. And if you request a specific song, he will be sure to play it no matter what the genre. I definitely had a great experience again with him and I recommend him to anyone in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Tennessee, as he services many locations in these states.

Sent on 01/30/2014

DJ Barry was great to work with! His website let me specify which kinds of music we did and didn't like. I also got to choose all of our songs and request songs that he did not have. It was great! He did the ceremony music as well and really stayed on top of our timeline for the night so everything ran smoothly. He was very nice and did a great job!

Sent on 06/28/2013
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 09/22/2012

DJ Barry was great! Played all of our requested songs, stayed in the music style we wanted and kept the party rockin! All of our guests had a blast!

Sent on 09/29/2012

R · Married on 07/14/2012

Barry,
    We wanted to say a Big Thank You for the awesome DJ services you provided at our daughters wedding reception. The music selections were great, they kept everyone dancing the entire time. Everyone commented on what a great time they had. We all had a BLAST!
    Thanks,
    Randy & Sherry
    Statesville, NC

Sent on 07/19/2012

Sandra · Married on 06/09/2012

Best ever! There's been a wedding every weekend this summer and I must say that DJ Barry has provided the liveliest, most fun reception of any. He never missed a beat...and handled requests and changes flawlessly. Our original choice didn't work out (thank goodness...he was at one of the other weddings) and I am so glad we went with DJ Barry.

Sent on 07/13/2012

Jessica · Married on 05/18/2012

DJ Barry was great. I loved the planning website which allowed me to consider and change songs and other details right up until the week before the wedding. DJ Barry was very responsive via email, and he called me the week-of to go over all the details. He was very professional and flexible, and did a great job with announcing the various events, even accommodating the groom's friends with a special request. If I had to do it all over, I would definitely hire DJ Barry Moss again.

One piece of advice for future brides: EVERYTHING takes more time than you think it will! If you use a DJ that has a planning website with "Must Play" and "Play if Possible" song lists, make sure that the "Must Play" list consists of ONLY those songs that you would be upset if they don't get played at your reception. We had about 1.5 hours of music on the "Must Play" list and I don't think all of it ended up being played due to time constraints, which meant that some of our real favorites were omitted. Other than that minor detail, everything was great!

Sent on 06/04/2012

DJ Barry Productions's reply:

Jessica, Remember, we were an hour late getting the party part of your reception started, due to pictures and dinner running over. I got in as many of your requests as I could though, in the time I had. Thanks for your review and all the best to you and Walter.

Lyndsay · Married on 12/10/2011

DJ Barry was great! I remember saying to my mother before the wedding it doesn't matter who the DJ is because none of my friends will dance (they usually don't). There wasn't one minute in the wedding when the dance floor wasn't packed. My friends, family, and I literally danced the night away! He played all of the right songs and it was wonderful! Very stress free and wonderful!!!!!

Sent on 02/19/2012

Rikki · Married on 09/10/2011

Barry was the DJ at our wedding, He was able to play every song we had requested for the reception. He also was able to time with the planetarium's lighting for the bridal party as I walked down the "aisle". Best investment I made for the wedding & reception was his DJ service. Everyone loved him & still talks about how fun the wedding was.
    Rikki & Brian Kistler

Sent on 02/08/2012

Amber · Married on 07/30/2011

DJ Barry was great!! Everyone danced the night away at our wedding. He did everything I asked of him. I would highly recommend DJ Barry for any event, especially a wedding!

Sent on 10/21/2011
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 08/21/2010

Barry Michaels was very professional and played great music. The timing was perfect for the ceremony and everyone had a wonderful time at the reception. He was a great announcer and was able to video the entire wedding from the camera on the computer. He is very reasonable on the price as well.

Sent on 09/07/2010

DJ Barry did a great job for my wedding. He was very friendly and easy to work with. He kept everyone up and dancing it was great time. I would definitely recommend him to others.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Allison · Married on 10/02/2010

I used DJ Barry Productions for my wedding in October 2010. He was very professional. He showed up early to set up his equipment, was well-dressed, and most importantly, kept everyone out on the dance floor. He stuck to the timeline I gave him and called me the week to before to confirm the information I had sent him. One of our guests was so impressed, she hired him for her wedding, which was several months later. I can't believe it, but he remembered us! We were very pleased with his service.

Sent on 10/23/2011

Julia · Married on 05/05/2012

2.6
      2.0
      3.0
      3.0

DJ Barry was very good at mixing two songs to make one into a special performance. I was not satisfied with his organization. I felt the activities should have been announced properly. My husband did not know it was cake cutting time until he heard the song we picked for the activity. My mother stated she missed the cake cutting and the garter toss. I feel this could have been avoided with a bit more organization. He did have a great selection of music to choose from and the party was kept in motion with his services, I was just not completely satisfied with the announcements and organization.

Sent on 05/17/2012

DJ Barry Productions's reply:

Julia, I have looked at the video and linked it to this reply. I made all of your formal announcements in the order you sent me and we talked about before your wedding. I was not hire to be your wedding coordinator or organizer. But since you did not have a coordinator. I did my best to help with that too. I even came to you, to let you know, before I made each announcement, but without a coordinator there has to be some organization on your part. To see the video, copy and paste this link into your browser. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_0A1rKd_fU

Song · Married on 11/04/2018

1.0

It really pains me to write this but I don't want anyone else having to deal with the same thing I did. I booked DJ Barry back in January for my November 2018 wedding. I wanted to get everything in order before my fiance and I moved to Colorado for military orders. DJ Barry seemed very helpful and professional so it seemed like a good fit. This month, he emails me and says that he has lung cancer and cannot be our DJ. I'm a very sympathetic person and my grandfather died of cancer so I understand how hard it is. I replied with my condolences and he replies to my email immediately to send his apologies that he can't be our DJ. What throws me for a loop is when I ask for our $100 deposit back, he never replies. It's been over a week and all my emails have gone unanswered. He seemed like a really nice person so it really saddens me that this might have been a scam. I can't dispute the transaction with my credit card company because it's been 9 months since I paid the deposit to book. I had to scramble to find another DJ last minute, a month before our wedding and we're across the country from our wedding venue moving to our new military base. This was a lesson to verify your vendors because the wedding industry is full of scams. If you call the number listed, it's been disconnected. If I ever get my deposit back, I'll take down this review.

Sent on 09/20/2018

DJ Barry Productions's reply:

I've been undergoing treatment for stage 4 lung cancer and have been too sick to reply to anyone's email. The phone number on my website 864-735-0402 is not disconnected. 40 years of providing DJ services and you think I am scamming you over $100.00. I was not prepared for cancer and it wiped me out financially. But I planned to pay back every client as soon as I am financially able. But due to this attempt to blackmail me with this review. I will not even entertain this idea to pay you back. I want to leave this review up for everyone to see.