DJ Barry McKay Reviews

DJ Barry McKay 4
DJ Barry McKay 5
  • Carole

Carole Reda · Married on 10/05/2019

Well deserved 5 star review!

Wow. DJ Barry McKay and his wife Jill were AMAZING! They made the planning process so easy and stress-free. We were planning our Virginia Beach wedding all the way from Colorado and Barry and Jill were so flexible with our "meeting" times and helping us map out our night.
    Barry and Jill were so professional throughout the night. Barry was funny, entertaining, and had excellent song/music selections. He kept the dance floor full ALL NIGHT, all ages, all music types. It was fantastic. We are still getting compliments from our wedding guests regarding the DJ!
    I would highly recommend Barry and Jill. Best decision we made for our wedding, hands down!! Thank you so much Barry and Jill!!

DJ Barry McKay 6
    Sent on 10/16/2019

Leigh Ann · Married on 09/08/2019

True Professional and Super Nice Couple to work with!

Barry stepped in when our originally scheduled DJ had a family event change his availability. He was really great to work with. Everything went off without a hitch and we had some challenging weather that he and his wife handled seamlessly. We didn't have to ask him to do anything, he handled it all!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Katherine Lombardo · Married on 06/29/2019

One of the best decisions we made!

Booking DJ Barry McKay was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. Barry and his wife Jill were absolutely amazing!!! They helped us to keep everything running smoothly on the day. We had some unexpected delays (nothing having to do with DJ Barry), but Barry and Jill helped us to get everything back on track and still running like clockwork. The music was fantastic and kept people on the dance floor all night. We must have had at least a dozen guests comment on how awesome our DJ was. DJ Barry even helped my sisters to coordinate a musical toast. That moment is something I will remember for the rest of my life and I'm so thankful DJ Barry was able to help make that happen. I'm not exaggerating when I say that DJ Barry helped to make my wedding day one of the best days of my life. I'm eternally thankful for his professionalism and talent. Thank you, Thank you!!! I would 100% recommend DJ Barry and Jill to anyone looking to make their wedding day special.

Sent on 09/08/2019

DJ Barry McKay's reply:

Wow Katherine, your review is so kind! We cannot thank you enough. It was an honor and a joy to be a part of your wedding day!

Alexandra Darrow · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing DJ! He made the party!

He was great! He kept people dancing all night long!! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 07/13/2019

DJ Barry McKay's reply:

Thank you Alexandra, your wedding and reception were great! So happy to have been a part of it!

Rebecca · Married on 06/01/2019

Barry McKay!

Barry and Jill made our wedding day perfect! Our guests all raved about their music selections and it was clear they kept the party going at our backyard wedding. They were punctual, informative and so much fun to work with! We would recommend them to anyone needing a wedding DJ.

Sent on 07/08/2019

DJ Barry McKay's reply:

Thank you Rebecca, it was a beautiful day and fantastic celebration! All the pre-planning and hard work you and Lauren Donelly did, made a job a breeze!
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 05/25/2019

Awesome DJ

Both Barry and Jill exceeded our expectations—they made sure the dance floor was packed all night and that our timeline ran smoothly from the beginning of the ceremony to the end of the reception. They were awesome to work with and I’d recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/07/2019

DJ Barry McKay's reply:

Thank you Julia, it was an honor to be a part of the celebration!
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/18/2019

Dj barry is fabulous!

DJ Barry and his wife, Jill, are amazing!! I’m so happy I found him to DJ for our wedding! Barry played music in three different locations at the same venue for our wedding... the processional and recessional, cocktail hour and the reception. Jill comes along with Barry as a partial coordinator and helps to keep things rolling on on schedule all day! Barry also brings microphones and speakers for our officiant so that the attendees could hear him and us while speaking are an outside (sundeck) ceremony. They’re very organized as a duo and we’re sooo easy to work with!! I would pick them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/19/2019

DJ Barry McKay's reply:

Thank you Kaitlyn! You all were so fun to work with...I wish we could do it again!!! #groundhogday

Maria · Married on 05/11/2019

Great Team

Barry and his wife Jill were a great team. They were very accommodating throughout the process, meeting with us in person to discuss what we were expecting, working with our day of coordinator, and making a last minute change to the schedule. The music was great! He played all the songs we requested beforehand and the dance floor was packed the entire night. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 07/07/2019

Brian Jinright · Married on 04/27/2019

Knocked it out of the park!! No words can express!

High recommend, very professional but also down to earth when you need it because all the planning can be stressful. I think every wedding doesn't go step by step like you want and that's were Barry and his wife Jill step up. If something takes a little bit longer and the timeline shifts a little, they make the transition very smooth. Their website is easy to use when planning your wedding,especially the song section. It was great and with no stress knowing that each special dance song played out as it was supposed to. I cant write enough, highly, highly and highly recommend!!

Sent on 05/09/2019

DJ Barry McKay's reply:

Thank you Brian! What a great day it was! Loved seeing your family and friends celebrate your love and the joining of your families. It was an honor to be a part of it.
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 04/20/2019

Kept the Dance Floor Packed

DJ Barry McKay and his wife Jill were one of the easiest vendors to deal with. They met with us to review our song choices (which we selected on their user friendly website), and were very responsive in the weeks leading up to wedding. The important thing was that this DJ kept the dance floor packed the entire night and catered from young to old.

Sent on 05/11/2019

Becca Biery · Married on 04/13/2019

Indoor wedding

Amazing with the crowd! His wife, Jill, helped with the wedding as well.

Sent on 04/17/2019

Lauren S · Married on 09/22/2018

Great DJ! Would highly recommend

Barry and his wife Jill were amazing! We felt so comfortable trusting them with our reception. They did a great job getting everyone on the dance floor. I would recommend them to anyone getting married in the area.

Sent on 12/15/2018

Jenna · Married on 06/30/2018

Barry and Jill were the perfect DJs for our wedding! They both have great personalities, were extremely easy to work with, very responsive during the planning of our wedding and even had some great ideas for us. The equipment and lighting they use for the dance floor is top notch as well. I would highly recommend them for your wedding!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Liz · Married on 06/23/2018

Barry and his wife Jill were an excellent team and great to work with!! They were very responsive and made sure they had what we wanted down to a T. They kept our guests entertained and on the floor all night!!! I highly recommend hiring them, you won’t be disappointed!! Oh and have Barry do the “shoe game” it was the best and our guests loved it!! Thank you guys for making our special day so wonderful and full of entertainment, we can’t thank you enough!!!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Chris · Married on 06/02/2018

We were just married on Saturday, June 2, 2018. Barry and Jill were amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. They did exactly what we wanted and the music was perfect. We had a blast. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Erinn Vitas · Married on 05/19/2018

Excellent! Highly recommended!

Barry McKay kept everyone on the dance floor all night! He played a variety of songs that allowed people of all ages to enjoy a night of endless dancing. I felt like he chose music that me, my husband, and all guests enjoyed! Jill, his wife, is his right hand man. She kept the evening rolling and ensured each part of the reception went on according to plan and on time! I could not have asked for a better DJ team than Barry and Jill! We couldn’t have imagined our wedding without them! We HIGHLY recommend Barry McKay for any and all weddings!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Jenny · Married on 03/24/2018

They were very friendly and professional. They were easy to talk to and made my night one of the best nights that I have had. You will not be disappointed if you pick DJ Barry McKay.

Sent on 04/08/2018

Jennifer · Married on 03/24/2018

DJ Barry McKay was very friendly and profressional. He was very good at what he does. He was able to get everyone on the dance floor. I'm not able to post any pictures because the website says they are too big, but it was a blast. You will not be disappointed if you pick him. Thank you for a great night DJ McKay.

Sent on 04/08/2018

Tiffany · Married on 02/17/2018

I am so glad that we went with Barry and his amazing wife Jill for our wedding! They truly are such an amazing team, not to mention a beautiful example of love.

My husband and I met with Barry and Jill when we were in the midst of looking for a DJ for our wedding, but after that first meeting our search was over! They are SO extremely professional, poised, organized, and overall excited to have the opportunity to be a part of your big day. They were always responsive to emails, and his online system makes it so easy to request songs, set up the schedule of events, and even put songs you don't want to hear.

We were so lucky that Barry knew our venue (The Lesner Inn) so well, but it was apparent he would thrive anywhere. On the wedding day, he and Jill set up and tore down absolutely everything on their own! Our guests even thought that Jill was my wedding planner, as she was running around making sure everything went perfectly to plan, and for that I am so thankful.

The music is SUCH a huge part of the wedding day, I am so thankful we chose to go with Barry! Jill is truly an added bonus that we never expected- thank you both so much for helping to make our special day so perfect.

Sent on 02/26/2018
  • Brenna

Brenna · Married on 11/11/2017

Barry and Jill McKay are SUCH an awesome team! If you are looking for the perfect DJ - these are the folks to hire immediately! I am kind of picky on my music - I am the type of person who creates my own "wedding playlist". Barry and Jill were so accommodating to play certain songs that I had picked out. What makes Barry special is how he reads the audience. He kept everyone on the dance floor ALL night. Everyone had an absolute BLAST! What makes Jill special is how she kept the flow going throughout the night (which is something a wedding coordinator would do, and we didn't hire one). She really kept all the reception activities organized and made sure we were happy. Thank you Jill and Barry!!!

DJ Barry McKay 7
    DJ Barry McKay 13
    DJ Barry McKay 14
    Sent on 11/24/2017

Taylor · Married on 10/07/2017

Barry and Jill were amazing!!!! Best DJ I’ve ever worked with. They went above and beyond your typical DJ and keep the dance floor full!

Sent on 10/11/2017
  • User4571964 · 2+ years ago

I would give Barry and Jill more than 5 stars if I could. They were absolutely amazing at reading the crowd, and we had guests of all ages. Everyone I have seen after the wedding says to me, "your dance floor was PACKED the entire night!" We had a blast and would choose them over and over again! We had a Persian Ceremony at the beginning of our reception with many of my husband's relatives attending from over-seas. Barry did an incredible job of mixing a little Persian music in with everything.

Sent on 09/25/2017

Melissa · Married on 08/23/2017

Barry and his wife Jill are not only great Dj's but they are genuine people who are willing to go the extra mile! They were professional and made sure they knew exactly what we had in mind for our wedding night. Woukd highly recommend.

Sent on 08/31/2017

Sheradyn · Married on 08/12/2017

DJ Barry & Jill were AMAZING!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Beth · Married on 08/05/2017

After we talked to Barry and Jill I felt like such a weight was taken off my shoulders. Not only did they make our reception a party to remember, they knew everything that needed to happen at a given time and queued it all up with music. These two know what they are doing and I’m so glad we chose them!

Sent on 09/25/2017