Divine Designs & Events Reviews

110 | Baltimore, MD

110 Reviews for Divine Designs & Events

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

KIM · Married on 09/06/2014

How do I convey into words the absolute best experience any bride could ask for when it comes to looking for a wedding dress? You know how people say Monique Lhuillier is the goddess of wedding gowns? Well, “they’re” absolutely correct.

There are a few important take aways from a Monique Lhuillier experience. Her dresses are absolutely stunning. She creates gowns that feel and look so luxurious! Everything about them is wonderful.

The salon itself is completely fabulous. Very modern and upscale, with private sitting areas for your girlfriends/mom/family to sit and watch you twirl around in the world’s most gorgeous dress ever. I was swooned.

Monica was incredible, she is just this adorable, tiny, bubbly and incredibly talented women. She is someone who was born for this job as you can tell she takes pride in her work and projects that excitement throughout her appointments. Monica has an eye for fashion and knows what will look good on your body type and fit your personality better than you could have ever imagined. No pushing, no nagging, no trying to get the sale in today or anything like that - wonderful, relaxing time! I actually came back, tried the dress on two more time to confirm I was in love, and then filled out the payment info and BAM, done-zo! I already had a dress Vera Wang Gemma, and was considering buying a Monique.

The absolutely stunning Monique Lhuillier ‘Candy’ gown from the 2012 Spring collection. The dress has a magnificent beaded embroidered tulle bodice with the most stunning and unique detailing which swirls around the bodice and cascades down the skirt. The dress has a very flattering corset and modified a-line skirt. The dress flatters the waist and includes a grosgrain waist ribbon.

If you have the means, I suggest you check out Divine Design for your wedding gown. The prices are high, but so is the level of service and selection of gowns.

Thank you Kim!

• User3541947 · 2+ years ago

Colleen was absolutely fantastic to work with and created the most stunning florals for my wedding - they all stayed incredibly fresh for DAYS after! Everything came out exactly as I had hoped and imagined in my head - which is amazing since I know nothing about flowers so figuring out what I was thinking was surely a challenge! She was patient and had really wonderful insight and ideas. I would use Colleen/Divine Designs for everything I ever need flowers for!

Maeghan · Married on 03/22/2014

The bouquets, flowers, centerpieces , and candles were all gorgeous! Working with Colleen was a dream super responsive and informed this company knows what it's doing I will recommend them to everyone I know

Colleen and Divine Designs & Events provided the flowers for my wedding and I could not have been happier! From the first meeting, Colleen was a pleasure to work with. She was willing and happy to work within my budget and had lots of great ideas. She gladly made changes to the proposal several times and was extremely flexible throughout the planning process. The day of the wedding the flowers arrived on time and far exceeded my expectations. Everything was BEAUTIFUL! I cannot recommend Colleen and DD&E enough!

Gareth · Married on 09/15/2012

Colleen provided beautiful flowers for our wedding, and she was able to work within our budget to provide us with the flowers we were envisioning. When we first met with Colleen to develop our vision, we did not have an exact idea of what we were looking for. Colleen asked the perfect questions and provided us with examples to help us solidify our flower choices. We were very happy with the flowers on our wedding day. Our favorite piece was the spray she created to place on the arbor during our ceremony. Thank you Colleen and Divine Designs for some awesome flowers!

Colleen · Married on 07/28/2012

Colleen is the best! She met with me personally so that she understood exactly what I wanted for bouquets, centerpieces, and boutonnieres. She is responsive, professional, and just fun to work with! Her flowers are incredible and she never disappoints. As for the value, I don't think you will find better quality for the price anywhere else in Baltimore. Thank you, Colleen, for all your hard work!

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2012

After meeting with Colleen for only a few moments, we knew she was the perfect florist for our wedding. We explained to her our vision for very elegant floral arrangements and she executed everything perfectly. The flowers were even more beautiful than I had imagined and the value was incredible. In addition we found her so very flexible and accommodating. Three days prior to the wedding we requested a last minute change that she happily made. Thank you Colleen for the beautiful flowers and wonderful service!

Donna · Married on 05/12/2012

Colleen was so easy to work with and the flowers for my daughter's wedding were just as we ordered (even better)! Most of all, Colleen worked within our budget and provided us with her "eye" for placement of the flowers at the ceremony site and helpful hints to make the most of these same flowers as the centerpieces at the reception. Both the ceremony and reception were at the same venue. The flowers became such an important part of an important day and I felt no stress as to how they were presented. Guests took home every centerpiece without any coaxing- even the tall white 18' vases filled with callas. Thank you once again, Colleen!

Serra · Married on 03/31/2012

I walked in to Colleen's studio with a few ideas but was not completely sure what I wanted for my wedding flowers. Colleen asked all of the right questions and put together a fantastic proposal. Without my even realizing it, Colleen tapped into exactly what I wanted. Colleen has a great knowledge of what flowers work well together and suggested a great variety of colors, textures, and flowers for all of the bouquets. I absolutely loved my amazing cascading bouquet and the coordinating smaller bouquets for my bridesmaids.

The chuppah was beautifully decorated and a great centerpiece for our ceremony. The flowers were just enough to attract attention but subtle enough to not be the center of attention. All of our centerpieces looked amazing. Colleen submerged orchids in tall vases and floated candles on top of each one. The bright colored orchids looked amazing with the candlelight from above.

Colleen is very easy to work with and had the best prices of every florist we met with. She created exactly what I wanted at a price well under my budget. If you can, use Divine Designs and Events for your flowers.

Carolyn · Married on 01/07/2012

Being that I got married in early January, my church was already decorated with leftover Christmas flowers and we went with primarily candlelight at the reception site. My flower needs were very minimal and most vendors wouldnt even give me the time of day without meeting their sales minumum, but Colleen was so helpful right from the start. She complete understood my vision of flowers, even when I wasn't quite sure what the was! It is so wonderful to deal with vendors that you know you can rely on and just come through without pulling you into every decision. Colleen is wonderful to work with and the flowers she puts together are absolutely stunning!

Maria · Married on 11/12/2011

Colleen did such a wonderful job of understanding and executing the vision for our wedding. We didn't book our florist until pretty late in the game, she was our last vendor to contract with and we were working with a pretty tight budget since we had already gone over in other areas. Colleen didn't blink an eye, and came up with some really great and cost-effective ideas to get the look we wanted on a shoestring budget! Everything came out perfectly and I can't believe how beautiful it all looked! I'm so glad we found Colleen and recommend her without reservation!

• Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 10/07/2011

Colleen and Divine Designs & Events were amazing! We literally met in person two days before my wedding and I had full confidence in Colleen and her team. She took our hour phone conversation and produced gorgeous flowers for our bridal party and the reception. I was so happy the way they turned out when I saw the room. She also, helped every step of the way with my budget and let me know where I could save, etc, which I really appreciated. Overall Colleen is a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her for future events. Thank you!!!

Nancy · Married on 09/30/2011

My flowers were beautiful and at a great cost. Colleen, the owner, is wonderful to work with....highly recommend

• Kimm

Kimm · Married on 06/25/2011

Colleen was such a pleasure to work with. She was so nice and professional and had wonderful ideas. She was truly able to capture exactly what I wanted and it was the best compliment to hear from guests how they could see my style in all the flowers and centerpieces. I had some unique ideas and Colleen was more than helpful in incorporating them and making everything look beautiful. Many guests said it was one of the most beautiful weddings they had been to and I know a lot of that was because of the amazing job that Colleen and her team did. She was also able to give a reasonable price on what I wanted where other florists wanted to charge me almost double. Very fair, reasonable, professional, excellent attention to detail and amazing quality of service.

Debbie · Married on 06/17/2011

Colleen is amazing! The flowers turned out exactly what I envisioned and more. She worked with me to go over every little detail! I could not have asked for a better florist. I highly recommend Colleen!

Alexis · Married on 05/07/2011

Colleen was great. The flowers were exactly what we wanted them to be!

Colleen is the perfect wedding florist! I know nothing about flowers, and honestly had no idea what I wanted during our initial consultation. I basically said "I like green and purple" and left the rest to Colleen. The morning of our wedding, she arrived with gorgeous bouquets and centerpieces -- so much better than I ever could have imagined. And I would have gladly paid double her rates. Trust your wedding to Colleen, you will not be disappointed!

Deirdre · Married on 03/26/2011

Colleen at Divine Design & Events did an amazing job for our March 26th wedding. My bouquet was beautiful and exactly what I wanted! Our bridesmaids wore grey so the purple and green bouquets they carried really popped in the pictures! Colleen was really flexible with my budget and produced really beautiful arrangements that were very reasonably priced. But when it came down to it Collen was just great to work with and I trusted that she would make my wedding beautiful...and she did.

Lauren · Married on 10/23/2010

Colleen is everything you are looking for in a wedding florist. She is creative and very talented. She is easy to work with, and very responsive to your questions. And the best part - the flowers look perfect!

Brianna · Married on 09/25/2010

All of the flowers that were done by Devine Design were amazing, people were fighting over the centerpieces when the reception was over! I had asked for simple centerpieces and bouquets and was blown away by the elegance and sophistication that Colleen brought to my original idea. All of the flowers were more amazing than I could have ever imagined. I have been to weddings before where I look at the centerpieces and think “I could do that” but not with Colleen’s designs. They were utterly flawless and Colleen was awesome to work with. She made my mom and I feel at ease and did not disappoint. I would highly recommend Devine Design to anyone!

Cameron · Married on 09/18/2010

Divine Designs & Events was a dream to work with! Colleen is so professional and friendly, not to mention she has AMAZING artistic vision! I visited many florists in Baltimore before making my final decision. Divine Designs and Events was not only the best value, but also offered the most beautiful and original arrangements. Colleen was always available by phone or email to answer any questions, the flowers arrived right on time, and everything was so gorgeous. From the centerpieces to the bouquets to the cake...it was all exactly as I envisioned...possibly even better! Thanks Colleen for helping to make our day perfect!

Valerie · Married on 09/18/2010

The flowers were gorgeous. Absolutely perfect! Exactly what i had envisioned in my mind

valerie · Married on 09/17/2010

Colleen Reed of Divine Design and Events was amazing. She was very helpful and knew exactly what we wanted when describing our wedding, colors, ideas, etc. She was the first florist we met with and couldn't have been happier with the final result. My bouquet was breathtaking and we got so many compliments on all of our arrangements. When we told her our budget she was more than willing to work within it and even gave us options with prices so we could see how everything would price out. We would definitely recommend her!! [Thanks again, Colleen, for an amazing day!]

• Sheri & Steve

Sheri & Steve · Married on 08/07/2010

Colleen at Divine Designs is a true artist. Our centerpieces were STUNNING. Many people told me they were the most beautiful centerpieces they've ever seen. Colleen accommodated every change we wanted to make to the contract. She even recommended me to our Day of Coordinator who also ended up being fabulous!

I'll be honest - I was a little taken aback on the morning of the wedding because my bouquet did not look 100% the way I planned, but now that I have had a chance to look at the picture I provided her, she made it look as close to it as humanly possible! I also thought the roses in the bridesmaids' bouquets were a little big, but my wedding pictures disagree. Everything looked amazing and I wouldn't change a thing.

Overall, Colleen delivered a gorgeous product within a reasonable budget. Thanks a million!!

- S. B.

Nick · Married on 07/17/2010

We met with a lot of different florists and we couldn’t have been happier with Divine Design and Events. Colleen was able to design exactly what we were looking for. We had some difficult requests for flowers in terms of what would be available late in the summer, and Colleen came through in a big way. Our centerpieces were simply stunning. The colors were exactly what we wanted, the bouquets were gorgeous, and the arrangements at the church and reception were simply beautiful. Colleen was able to deal with some last minute changes without any trouble and she was always helpful and accommodating. We highly recommend her!