Diverse Catering Reviews

80 | Bensalem, PA

80 Reviews for Diverse Catering

• Franz

Franz · Married on 05/12/2012

Michael Schmidt from Diverse Catering was excellent. We have already recommended him to two friends who are in the middle of wedding planning.

Diverse Catering was one of many per-approved caterers for a venue that we were pursuing, but which ultimately fell through. We were initially attracted to Diverse Catering because of their outstanding reviews and the fact that they do more than just catering. Diverse Catering will take care of rentals and even step into role of event planner. We were looking at non-traditional venues that would require everything to be brought in, and having a caterer take care of all of this responsibility was really important.

Mike was very easy to work with. We primarily emailed, but he always picked up the phone when I occasionally called. To help manage costs and give our guests more options, we went with a buffet. Mike helped work with our budget and offered some cost saving advice which we took. We found his prices to be very reasonable and significantly less than all the other center city philly caterers. The food was outstanding - all of our guests raved about the food and many went up for seconds. Our wedding coordinator said that our tasting was the best food tasting that she has ever been to.

Mike did more than just cater. He took care of chair rentals, helped us find a different venue when our first choice fell through, provided a cake, and helped que the bridal party as we went down the aisle. He did full set-up and break down of the ceremony space, cocktail hour, and reception hall. He also provided bartenders and helped us figure out how much alcohol and mixers to provide - we came home with almost empty bottles - his estimates were dead on.

A number of guests, including my grandmother-in-law, mentioned how attentive and courteous the staff of Diverse Catering were. Mike had his staff in and venue set-up in a few hours and were out in 1 hour. Our venue was very picky about the floors, and Mike was able to provide felt pads on the feet of the rental chairs and his staff did a full wet mop of the floors prior to leaving. I do believe Mike left the venue cleaner than when we found it. Lastly, the wedding coordinator said this was the easiest wedding she has done so far, and I think Mike and his staff played a huge role in helping the event run so smoothly.

Our food: Terres Filet (cuts like a fillet minon), Moroccan Grilled Salmon (presentation was outstanding), Gorgonzola Pasta, Poached pear with Caramelized cashews Salad, grilled vegetables, yukon gold potatoes. For the after party, we served make your own cheese stakes and philly pretzels with beer infused cheese.

Sent on 06/03/2012

Terrie · Married on 01/28/2012

We could not of ask for anything more. When I first called to plan sons wedding I had no idea what we wanted. Mike and Ken were a big help. From the ceremony to the reception Ken was very helpful. The cocktail hour was great. The hors d'oeuvres were great everybody said how delicious they were and plentiful. The dinner was wonderful even the vegetables that the bride and groom picked were great and everyone loved them. Considering we had three choices for the entree and a sit down dinner Ken was great. I can't say enough about him. Everyone received what they ordered and there was more than enough food between the cocktail hour and the dinner. The wedding was beautiful and very good. The sweet table was great to. If it wasn't for Ken I don't think the evening would of turned out so good. He was also right there if we needed anything during the entire affair from beginning till end. I can't thank them enough for everything they did for us. I am very happy that we went with them and the Holiday Inn they also helped us with reserving our block of rooms. We will never forget the night that Ken made for us. There is nothing bad we can say from the planning to the night of the wedding, Ken helped to make it a special day for us. Over all it was an amazing experience working with Ken and Mike. I would most certainly return to the Holiday Inn for future affairs.

Sent on 01/30/2012

Danielle · Married on 11/12/2011

Mike and the Diverse team were a DREAM COME TRUE on the day of our wedding and provided services extending far beyond catering. From our very first meeting, Mike was intent to incorporate all of our ideas and wishes into the day. He worked with us to create a stunning menu, provided a sit down tasting for the immediate family, coordinated with the other vendors to make sure the day ran smoothly, attended our rehearsal the night before, and managed the set up of decorations/prep on the day.

As if that’s not enough, the food and service is exquisite! Guests raved about the “family style” serving, the attentive wait staff, amazing food, and the much appreciated pre-service snack for our guests (suggested by Mike) featuring mulled (spiked :)!) cider with sweet treats from our families favorite recipes.

We are still receiving glowing compliments from our guests about the warm/ inviting atmosphere and personalization on our wedding day. I completely attribute the flawless success to Mike and the Diverse Catering team.

We will ABSOLUTELY be using Diverse Catering for future celebrations and WHOLE HEARTEDLY recommend them!

Sent on 01/12/2012

Erin · Married on 10/15/2011

I had the please of having Mike Schmidt and Diverse Catering for our wedding. Mike was amazing to work with. He was always available for questions or concerns that I had while planning. He had great ideas for us, and the day of the wedding he was a life saver!!! He helped to plan and run everything so that it all went smoothly. His staff was great the day of wedding! Everyone was so polite and helpful. The food was delicious and he was very flexible when working with us to plan our menu. I can't praise Mike enough. I would recommend him to anyone. He is a jack of all trades when it comes to weddings!

Sent on 01/22/2012

Katie · Married on 10/15/2011

Mike Schmidt and Diverse Catering are simply fantastic! We were so lucky to find Mike and have him as our wedding planner and caterer for our wonderful fall wedding at Colonial Dames in Philadelphia, PA. Mike, from the moment we met him, was so easy to talk to. He clearly loves his job and is amazing at what he does! Mike was available whenever we needed him for questions, ideas, and always seemed to have the answer. Mike suggested our venue, he had all the supplies needed to make our day picture perfect. Mike helped us make the necessary decisions at the appropriate time and kept us calm and collected. He met with us at our convience to discuss the menu, linens, etc for the reception. We also had a great time at our tasting at the Holiday Inn where Diverse Catering is located. Mike was so much fun and kept us smiling through all the planning. In the weeks leading up to our wedding, Mike was always prompt with his responses to our many questions. Mike was at our rehearsal and really showed us his wonderful planning skills and kept us focused. The day of our wedding Mike and the staff of Diverse Catering went above and beyond any and all of my expectations. All of our favors, decorations and everything we brought in were set up exactly the way we wanted them. The servers and bartenders were so friendly and were so excited for us! Our guests had nothing but rave reviews of the service they provided. The food, the atmosphere, everything was perfect! My wife and I had no worries that day. Mike was always right there to keep things moving, we didn't feel rushed, we always had what we needed. Mike Schmidt and Diverse Catering made my wedding perfect!! I would reccommend him to anyone. 5 stars!! A++++ :)

Sent on 01/22/2012
  • Ben

Ben · Married on 09/24/2011

Ken and Mike are fabulous. They did a cocktail hour for us and the food was great, they were extremely helpful, and just so easy to deal with leading up to the wedding.

Sent on 10/07/2011

Cecilie · Married on 09/17/2011

We used Diverse to cater our wedding and could not have been happier with the results. Ken went above and beyond all expectations, with all aspects of the event. From designing a menu that had a vegetarian option for every station to helping plan and execute that layout and decor, Ken was there with numerous tips, insights and suggestions for every step.
    The food itself was amazing. We have had a lot of friends, both vegetarian and meat eaters comment that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding.
    The reception was held on the roof of the Philadelphia Free Library; Ken and his staff handled the set up and decorating. They did a fantastic job, including locating vendors for the all the extra details that we wanted, such as chairs and lighting. He also surprised us with special touches from his own "prop" closet that fit in perfectly with our theme and decor. As I mentioned before, Ken went above and beyond; he got the Cotton Candy machine that was mentioned on a whim months before the event.
    We strongly recommend using Ken and Diverse for your event.

Sent on 02/07/2012

Julia · Married on 09/10/2011

I chose Mike and Diverse bc from the onset I could tell that he cared and took my wedding as more then just a paycheck. He went above and beyond offering services even the venue and other vendors stated are out of the realm of normal caterers. Diverse volunteered to be at my rehersal and acted as planners the day of. Simply put, they were my peace of mind that my wedding would go off without a hitch. I received treatment i would never imagine receiving from the most expensive and coveted caterers at such a gracious price. Not to mention mike and his staff were a pleasure the day of and guests all commented on their pleasant, sociable and fun personalities. Such a jewel that is so hard to find! I, without a seconds hesitation, recommend for any occasion you hire Diverse catering for your event!

Sent on 12/02/2011

Dana · Married on 09/09/2011

superb food, excellent caterer

I was lucky to find Mike Schmidt's business card for Diverse Catering at my venue, and he was excellent to work with! All the guests loved him and the food--3 months later people are still saying that ours was the most beautiful wedding they've ever attended, and that Mike was incredible. Mike was utterly professional and never intrusive, just gently guiding, and we agreed on everything--he has great taste! He even stepped into the role of wedding planner and coordinator when needed, without my asking. I was not able to fit a tasting into my schedule and he assured me he was known for his food--he was right! Our only snafu was that he forgot I had already ordered a wedding cake from the awesome Papa's Pastry, so he supplied us with a second cake that we didn't need...which our guests enjoyed at the hotel the next day anyway. Otherwise Mike made sure everything went smoothly, and all his servers were particularly attentive to myself and my groom. We were even able to offer our guests 3 choices for entrees for no extra fee, and he brought a couple vegetarian meals by request as well. Mike made me feel that everything was under control at all times and I had a lot of fun working with him.

Sent on 12/01/2011

Erica · Married on 05/29/2011

Ken and Mike from Diverse Catering were a dream to work with. Every time we met with Ken leading up to the wedding we left feeling cool, collected, and in control of our plans for the big day. He listened to our ideas for food, style, and atmosphere and carried out the event with finesse, down to the smallest details. He also had wonderful suggestions for us along the way; from what kind of food to offer, to the colors of the linens (even small details for how to incorporate our "honey bee" theme into the linens by adding a black runner to the yellow table cloth to make it look a little bit like a bee!). He even surprised us by including some small details into the wedding that he knew we wanted but didn't have time to supply ourselves (ball jars for people to drink out of pre-ceremony).

The wedding day was also spectacular; Ken's staff was incredibly attentive to me and my husband, our family, and all of our guests. They were professional, and warm and approachable at the same time. I really can't say enough about how thrilled we were with the entire event. I would absolutely recommend Ken and Diverse Catering to anyone who is planning a wedding or event in the Philadelphia area.

Sent on 06/09/2011
  • F

Fran · Married on 05/29/2011

Thanks to Ken and Mike of Diverse Catering and Event Design our daughter's wedding was a classy and memorable event. Although we hired Ken as our wedding caterer, he ended up being so much more. As the nervous mother of the bride, I wasn't sure how all the pieces to my daughter's garden wedding would come together. But each time we met with Ken, and he was always available to us, I felt more comfortable that he had all aspects of my daughter's wedding well in hand. And on the day of the wedding, everything came together perfectly, from setup to finish. The food was amazing as were all of the personal touches including the attentiveness of Ken and his staff to everything going on.

We highly recommend Ken and Diverse Catering and Event design. We couldn't have been more pleased with the attention given to all aspects of our daughter's wedding and we personally hope for more opportunities to work with him again.

Sent on 06/21/2011

Becky · Married on 05/21/2011

Diverse catering did a fantastic job! Incredibly professional staff, delicious food and very easy to work with. Mike was extremely knowledgeable about event planning, not just catering. I'd highly recommend Diverse Catering and would certainly use them again.

Sent on 01/16/2012

Lisa · Married on 04/28/2011

Simply put, Ken and Company go above and beyond to make your wedding truly great. If you hire Diverse, you're getting more than just great food. Ken and staff step into the role of day-of coordinators, ensuring all the days events run smoothly. Our wedding really wouldn't have been the same without them.

Sent on 08/05/2012

Erin · Married on 10/10/2010

These guys were amazing!!! Working with Ken was fabulous. After every random conversation I walked away feeling more confident and less worried about how the day would all work out. And boy did it work out! The food was delicious and the presentation fabulous. It was so amazing to see everything come together from the tablecloths to the buffet presentation. I would recommend working with these guys again and again.

- October 2010 Wedding at the Crane Arts Center.

Sent on 11/02/2010

Jeffrey · Married on 08/14/2010

A month after our wedding, and all of our friends and family are STILL talking about how delicious the food was. We picked Diverse because we'd loved their food at a friend's wedding, and they delivered for us ALL THE WAY. The food was not just tasty, but really unique--they went out of their way to craft a menu that genuinely reflected US as a couple--even going so far as to use our recipe for one of the hors d'oeurves. Each special little touch was a delightful surprise and a great way to add real personality to the food. They accommodated special dietary requests completely and happily, and provided prices that were UNBELIEVABLY competitive. We will ABSOLUTELY be using them again in the future, and will recommend them enthusiastically to all of our friends who get married down the road...mostly so we can eat their great food again!

Sent on 09/12/2010

Annie · Married on 08/29/2009

Ken and his team were absolutely wonderful! So many other caterers I talked to were overpriced and into doing things their own way without a lot of options. Ken had great ideas to stay within our budget, our vision, and our special requests (like using local food and compostable plates). He was a wealth of information about all of the details of our wedding and basically orchestrated the day for us (ceremony included) so that we didn't have to worry about anything. I've recommended Diverse Catering to many friends since and everyone has been more than pleased!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Alyson · Married on 05/24/2009

I was one of the first clients for diverse back in 09. Mike & crew were amazing and truly made our wedding exactly what we envisioned.

Sent on 07/08/2012

Carol · Married on 03/21/2015

Mike Schmidt from Diverse Catering was exceptionally professional and easy to work with. He created a custom German menu for us that rivaled anything we had eaten in Germany. His presentation was beautiful without being overwhelming. He was quick to respond to our questions and very accommodating. My guests had only glowing reviews of his staff and their professionalism as well.
    My mother was too ill to travel so we video conferenced her in to the reception. Mike took time to carry the computer around and make sure she could witness all the important events and had good views of the entire venue.

Sent on 03/31/2015

Kevin · Married on 07/20/2014

We were so pleased with the seamless operation that Michael and his staff provided for our same-sex wedding. The location was in center city Philadelphia on a Sunday in the community room of our high rise co-op. He preformed an amazing transformation of the space; turning it into a beautiful banquet room. Our guests were stunned at how beautiful his team made it. The food was raved about; the quality, the professionalism of his staff and presentation were beyond our expectations. He provided the florist for the flowers and they to were perfect. All-in-all, I cannot highly recommend any other caterer other than Michael's group.

Sent on 08/01/2014

the food is AMAZING! my now husband and I are all about food! and I'm a designer who always needs things to look great, but we also have a small budget. I could not have been more excited with the way our venue looked on our wedding day, I did the decor myself and dropped it off for them to set everything up and it looked just the way I wanted to, they also added some of their own touches and they looked great with my decorations. All of our guests could not stop talking about how good the food was and I could not stop being excited about how smooth everything was going!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Jillian · Married on 10/11/2014

I was recently married at the Crane Arts Center. We started planning about a year early and did our tasting with Ken and Diverse the December before our wedding. The food was amazing! Food was definitely the most important part of the wedding to me and Diverse did not disappoint. We ended up liking the tasting so much, we booked Diverse for my mom's 60th in August.

My mom and I did most of my wedding planning so the day of we did not have a coordinator. Mike and Ken were AMAZING. Mike came to our rehearsal the night before and got everyone in line and let them know what they needed to do. They worked with the band to coordinate the music, the photobooth, everything.

While the food and bar were both amazing, it was the fact that they handled everything that went above and beyond. After we said our vows in the garden, they rushed us into the reception area, so we could have a couple private minutes and eat some apps.

We got SO many compliments on the Philadelphia neighborhood stations, the passed apps, the bar (never had a line) and how smooth the wedding was in general.

The coordination between Ken and Mike handling everything the day of was amazing. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/30/2014
  • User2205118 · 2+ years ago

We booked Diverse Catering over a year before our wedding. As soon as we met with Mike, we felt very comfortable booking him! He found out that my favorite food was mac and cheese, so he offered to create a mac and cheese bar for my cocktail hour (complete with toppings such as bacon!). After tasting the food we booked him right away! During our wedding planning, Mike was always polite and responsive, although sometimes it did take him a bit of time to get back to me, and he didn't always completely answer my questions. Overall I was very happy that I chose to work with Diverse Catering. 2 days before the wedding, we discovered an error with the food order, and Mike handled it in a very professional manner. He was always concerned with giving me the best possible service for our wedding day and was very accommodating to all of my requests. He was also flexible with the pricing and was willing to cut back some items to fit into my budget. On the night of my rehearsal, Mike and his partner, Rick, ran the rehearsal and did a great job keeping everyone focused and on task. At that time we learned that Mike, who we had been communicating with all year, would not be coordinating my wedding as planned and that Rick would be working with me instead. At first I was worried, because there were so many details about our wedding and I was concerned that something would be overlooked. On the day of the wedding, everything went so smoothly and I had no reason to be concerned! Rick did a great job setting up the room the way that I wanted and all of his staff members were very polite, professional, and looked genuinely excited for me and my husband. All of my guests raved about the food, especially the bacon wrapped dates and the mac and cheese bar! In fact, people are still calling me to talk about how delicious the food was! I would definitely recommend him to other brides!

Sent on 07/03/2013

Christine · Married on 06/06/2009

We honestly would not have had the wedding that we did without Ken and the staff at Diverse Catering. Ken was absoluetely committed to realizing OUR vision for the wedding, not maintaining the company's image. Ken drove out to our home to meet us, met use twice at the Reception site and provided an amazing menu tasting, complete with tableclothes, china and silverware. The day of the wedding he coordinated with all the other vendors, made sure every detail was just as we asked, and personally took care of of our needs as well as the needs of two disabled guests. His entire crew were professional, personable and really well informed. The food was also terrific! One eight year old guest was overheard telling her firiends, "The food is just fabulous." It truly was. Keb worked very hard with us to make sure we had quality for our money. We can not thank Ken and the staff at Diverse Catering enough and we would higly recommend them.

Sent on 07/01/2009

Wow, Mike Schmidt was AMAZING for my wedding. I orginally found him because one of the venues had strict caterer policy, but I am sure glad I came across him. I ended up not going with that venue but DID go with Diverse Catering.

My actual wedding day and the planing leading up to it was amazing. People are STILL telling me how much they enjoyed the food at the wedding. My friends asked him for his card at the wedidng because they loved the food so much. People were sooo surprised that he was able to have such wonderful, hot and tastey food on a buffet. I feel like the food at the wedding was EVEN better than the tasting and at the tasting we enjoyed it so much that we chose Mike! ALso, Mike's staff are extremely professional.

Mike is a planner as well as providing the food. He was able to assist me with finding a FABULOUS venue that was in our budget, he was able to be fleixble with our diets (we had a few vegans) he was able to meet us at the venue whenever we requested. Mike and DIVERSE catering was GREAT.

Sent on 11/26/2013

Taylor · Married on 08/24/2013

3.5

Ken at Diverse Catering was amazing to work with! Extremely flexible during the planning phase and very friendly! Definitely recommend working with him for special occasions.

Sent on 09/02/2013