Diverse Catering Reviews

80 | Bensalem, PA

80 Reviews for Diverse Catering

Nick · Married on 08/16/2014

In complete honesty, words cannot describe how impressed my wife and I were with Ken and Diverse Catering; nothing we write here will ever explain how well he ran our event. But of course, I'll try.

For starters, Ken was extremely flexible with our budget. We started off with a slighter tighter budget than we ended with, and felt like he gave us exceptional packages in every category. Then, along the way, he served as our very own wedding consultant, answering every question thoroughly and thoughtfully. He knew our venue (Bartram's Garden) better than anybody, and was able to walk us through all the details with strong clarity. Ken was so detail-oriented we entered our wedding day without any concerns--and that was huge!

And of course, the food was delicious. I can't tell you how many guests came up to us and commented on the quality of the food. Ken helped us craft an elegant menu that everybody enjoyed.

I'm missing many of the little details that make Ken and Diverse exceptional--like his individual care for each of his couples, his knack for taking care of EVERYTHING on the wedding day, his beautifully-decorated buffet table, his communication with other vendors, and his overall kindness--so you'll have to find out for yourself.

I can't imagine that caterers come better than Ken. Highly, highly recommended.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Melissa · Married on 08/09/2014

Yes, people commented on the beautiful bride and the lovely venue and perfect weather, but the compliment we heard most was how wonderful our caterer was. Ken correll is a godsend. He brought our vision to life, created a space which vibed perfectly with our aesthetic, and delivered incredible food and impeccable service. He went above and beyond, getting our flower girls a tantrum-averting snack of sliders, cared for our elderly guests and delivered a sampler plate of horsdoeuvres to their table. We unequivocally recommend him to anyone who wants a caterer to bring their dream wedding to life.

Sent on 09/01/2014

Carol and Jerry · Married on 08/02/2014

Expert detailed attention to our daughter's wedding at Ridley Creek State Park Hunting Hill Mansion. From the pre ceremony set up to the ceremony to the cocktail hour, dinner, cake cutting, special dances and so on, Mike Schmidt, was professional, organized and attentive especially to us so we would not miss any precious moments. In addition, the food was delicious, presented well and served by a wonderful staff who were ever so helpful as the wedding bliss came to a close. Mike's enthusiasm and excitement made him seem like one of our family. Thanks, Mike!!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Aliyah · Married on 06/07/2014

We loved our experience with Diverse Catering as everything was absolutely fabulous from the food to the service! Mike Schmidt was wonderful to work with. He was able to work with our budget and our ideas of what we wanted our wedding day to be. He graciously made recommendation for both the food and and the organization of the event. His knowledge of our venue (Colonial Dames in Philadelphia) as well his close relationship with the overseer of the venue was indispensable. When it came to the big day we were a little nervous because Mike was unable to attend however he put us in the equally expert hands of Rick who skillfully helped make everything run so smoothly despite our own disorganized and chaotic families. The staff were professional yet down to earth as was evident when one of the serves let loose on the dance floor for just a moment. Did I mention the food was absolutely wonderful? Its been a month and our friends and family are still raving about the delicious country mashed potatoes, salmon with ginger ratatouille, and (my personal favorite) the blackened catfish with spicy honey sauce. We are more than thrilled with how the day turned out and we would love to recommend your services to as many people as possible

Sent on 07/09/2014
  • W

Wes · Married on 05/25/2014

Diverse catered our wedding at Ridley Creek State Park. We met with several caterers before choosing to go with Mike and his team at Diverse. It was the easiest decision we made during our planning.

Mike is truly gifted at what he does. From the first meeting, it was clear that he puts his clients' needs above all else and lets the rest take care of itself.

My wife and I are both working professionals with little interest in event planning. We didn't know exactly what we wanted. Mike listened carefully to our preferences, budget, and got a sense for our style and tastes. He then took his notes and came up with an incredible menu that was well within our budget.

Furthermore, in the days leading up to our wedding, Mike embraced the roll of planner/coordinator. He worked with all of our other vendors and our wedding party to make sure everything went smoothly the day of. Its hard to imagine how we would have handled day of logistics without Mike.

We have been receiving complements on the menu for several weeks now. A few of our guests have told us, without provocation, that it was the best food they've had at a wedding.

The wait staff, the bartenders, and the chefs were all exceptionally courteous and accommodating. The service was seamless, and they made absolutely sure all the guests were being taken care of with a smile. Very professional and warm.

I've probably missed a lot of great things I could say about Diverse. Just read the other reviews and you will get the idea. Its all true. They are awesome. We had a perfect day and Diverse was a big part of it. Look no further.

Pros:
    Great food
    Exceptional Service
    Completely customized experience
    Very good value and transparent pricing
    Friendly and Professional
    You are also basically getting an excellent day-of-planner as a bonus

Cons:
    None

Very important note regarding Ridley Creek/Hunting Hill Mansion: Diverse Catering is on the "approved caterer" list.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Cara · Married on 05/17/2014

I can't say enough good works about Diverse Catering. Michael and Ken are the ultimate Tag Team. They worked with me on my budget and made my day perfect. They decorated, planned, organized, cooked, did it all. Honestly, if something went wrong... I had no idea, because it was handled. They are amazing.

Sent on 05/22/2014

Nicole · Married on 11/16/2013

We had our wedding at the Power Plant Productions and you are able to choose any catering service you would like. We looked a quite a few different companies, but once I spoke with Mike at Diverse, I knew we had found the right caterer. Having really great food at our wedding was so important to us, but we also didn't have an unlimited budget. Mike worked with us to fit our budget and still have an outstanding menu. He was there to answer any questions (not just about food) during the planning and served as more of a wedding coordinator than just the caterer. Ken was with us the day of the wedding and he was calm and collected at all times. Everything ran so smoothly and Ken even brought some additional decorations for the place card table at the last minute. I can't recommend Diverse Catering enough for a wedding or any other event. What a fantastic company and great owners!!

Sent on 11/23/2013

Bernadette · Married on 10/26/2013

Ken and the Diverse Catering Staff are EXCELLENT! Ken was there for our family and friends throughout the whole process. We had a Family Style Rehearsal Dinner and Food Stations at the Wedding Reception, both held at the Crane Arts Ice Box. I don't know where to begin.... Rehearsal Dinner- Sesame crusted Sea Bass and Chicken Breast, both equally melt in your mouth, delicious! Topped off with a rich, decadent Creme Brûlée for dessert. The Food Stations at the reception offers family and friends multiple choices to be adventurous and try new dishes and accompanients. We had Four Stations- Tuscan, North African, Thailand and Mashed Potato Bar. Choices were Teres Filet, Grilled Salmon, Massaman Curry and a mashed potato bar . I loved the bordelaise sauce and candied bacon!. Every dish was accompanied with multiple side dishes, all perfectly done. Ken kept the stations fully stocked and displayed beautifully. The buttered Horse d'oeuvres were a big hit! Mini fish tacos, Bite size Grilled cheese Tomato soup shooter, shrimp salad in cucumber cup, cheese steak pierogies, mini burgers and Tom Yum Soup shooter with Shrimp Sword. Then Dessert-- fresh baked pies-- Apple, Peach, Pumpkin, cider donuts and ice cream!!! We can't thank everybody enough at Diverse Catering for a phenomenal Wedding Reception!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Kate · Married on 10/12/2013

Words can't even describe what an incredible job Ken and his crew at Diverse catering did at our Bartram's Garden wedding. During the wedding planning process Ken was actually the first and only caterer that we met. He was so awesome at our first meeting that we actually canceled all of the other meetings that we had scheduled. From the very beginning, Ken understood our vision and how to execute it on our wedding day. When I saw everything set up the day of the wedding, I was almost moved to tears at how beautiful it all looked. There were little touches that he added the day of that we didn't even discuss that were amazing. When rain was threatening leading up to the wedding, Ken had a great rain plan and made us feel completely comfortable. During the wedding itself, if any guest even had a puzzled look on their face for a second, Ken was there to ask them if they needed anything. And the food...I haven't even mentioned how awesome it all was! Ken was able to deliver on everything from gourmet to the comfort foods we wanted. Everything, particularly the mac and cheese and cheesesteak pierogis got rave reviews.

Ken is a caterer/wedding planning extraordinaire. I would recommend Diverse to anyone planning a wedding without hesitation!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Ric · Married on 08/17/2013

Fathers of the bride want no hassles before or during the wedding. They don't expect much help. We were guided at every step and there were zero hassles. The best was the food and the staff. Ken seems always there but in background. The staff at all times anticipated our needs. The food rivals the best of any restaurant in the area. I overheard two people on the cell phones telling people they missed the best they had ever been too. People are still calling us to tell us how great was the reception.

Wedding was a smash success.

Sent on 08/21/2013

Kim & Jerry · Married on 07/19/2013

We had our wedding on 7/19/13. Mike and Ken from Diverse Catering were absolutely wonderful! From the moment we sat down with Mike to do our tasting we knew Diverse Catering was the one for us! Our experience was wonderful. Mike and his team were extremely professional, helpful, and on top of everything the whole night! It was one of the hottest days of the summer and everyone from the Diverse Catering staff was very professional, friendly, and welcoming to our guests. The food and service was superb! We could not have asked for more. Our guests were calling us the next day to let us know how wonderful the food and service was. Do yourselves a favor and hire Diverse Catering! A truly wonderful experience for my husband and I.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Heather · Married on 07/13/2013

Mike and the Diverse Catering team are without a doubt some of the most amazing and professional people I have every worked with! I would classify myself as a wee bit of a control freak and had a very specific vision when it came to my wedding. Somehow Mike managed to keep me calm and relaxed and actually was able to tell my vision to his team and they had everything PERFECT on our wedding day! He even miraculously popped out of nowhere with an umbrella when we had a freak 5min downpour! The man is magic! If you decide to go with Diverse (which if you don't...you're crazy), you won't have to worry about wanting for anything nor worrying about anything on your big day. I had so many friends telling me to "make sure you get some of your food, brides and grooms never get to actually eat", but that will NOT be a problem if you go with Mike and his team. Every time one of our glasses was empty someone magically appeared asking if I needed anything or if my husband needed anything. They even made a tray of two of each hors d'oeuvres waiting for us at the receiving line! Mike himself even come to ask which sorbet flavor I wanted he was so afraid I would miss out on it during the late night dance hour. Diverse is truly amazing! I had such a great time working and planning with them it made me wish I worked with them on a daily basis! They are all truly wonderful and dedicated people. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/15/2013

Adrienne · Married on 06/15/2013

Working with Diverse was one of the easiest and best decisions we made for our wedding. We had been referred to Ken & Mike through multiple sources, and we knew from the very first meeting that they were the perfect fit for us as a couple and our guests. Working with Ken & Mike was like working with old friends. They truly care about every client, every detail and the product and service which they are providing. Their relaxed attitude and friendly demeanor was extremely comforting and allowed us to speak candidly about budget, likes and dislikes and to work as a team throughout the entire process. Ken & Mike went out of their way on many occasions to meet us, our other vendors, take our calls, conduct walk-through, coordinate tasting for our family and collaborate on menu, design and other creative aspects of our reception. The reworked our budget and menu as many times as requested and addressed every request timely and with pleasure - they even purchased supplies and ingredients for my father, allowing him to use their catering kitchen and make 250 cannoli's for our wedding - now that is customer service!! Service was excellent and our guest went our of their way to rave about how spectacular the food was at our wedding. We had complete confidence in the diverse team from day one and would recommend them for any and all occasions.

Sent on 08/27/2013

Melissa · Married on 06/08/2013

My wedding recepetion was nothing short of amazing! Thanks to the team at Diverse Catering I was able to relax and enjoy my big day. Ken Correll was awesome, he took control and handled anything that needed to be handled, he we on top of everything from coordinating vendors to serving and not to mention the most amazing food!!! My guests are still taking about how good the food was and I have to agree!! Thank you so much for making my wedding day literally a day I will never forget, and it wouldn't have been possible without Ken and Diverse Catering!!!!!

Sent on 07/17/2013

Jason · Married on 06/07/2013

Diverse Catering made what is known to be a very stressful process, and turned it on it's head and helped make not only our wedding special, but the time leading up to it as well. When you decide to go with Diverse Catering, you are not only getting a caterer, but you are also getting a group that takes charge, and helps direct the flow of the day and all the other parties that are involved. We had a very rainy day at the Colonial Dames, and Mike and his team helped coordinate a day that we had to make up as we went along due to weather restrictions.

But Catering is all about food right? The food was spot on! Often times you hear stories of people having these tasting sessions, but then the food is entirely 'off' when it comes time to the big day. I couldn't be happier though, as self proclaimed foodies, it meant a lot to my wife and I to have people ranting and raving (even to this day) about how good the food was at our wedding. We had a very traditional American theme for ours, but nothing about it was blasé.

I wish we could do it all over again, or have another big event just so we can hire Diverse.

Sent on 04/13/2014
  • KDMedia

Kathryn · Married on 09/22/2012

We had our wedding and reception at Ridley Creek State Park, which works with eight contracted catering services. We met with a number of the vendors, but we chose Diverse Catering for their great food options and down-to-earth customer service. We never felt as though our wedding was being “project managed,” although they insured every detail was in place along the way. Our coordinator, Mike, was more like a supportive friend than point-of-contact, and he and his excellent staff made sure our guests were taken care of throughout the evening (in particular, they took wonderful care of my mom! She was delighted.) During and after the wedding, we received many compliments about the service. We chose a buffet approach with multiple cuisine options, and we heard from dozens of our guests that it was the best wedding dining experience they could remember. Our wedding was a fantastic experience, and we are grateful that we chose Diverse Catering to oversee it.

Sent on 03/23/2013

Rosa · Married on 09/16/2012

We had the pleasure of working with Mike Schmidt through Diverse Catering this past September for our wedding. Please do yourself a favor and work with him! He is a calm, down-to-earth and very pleasant individual who loves what he does and loves to make people happy. He provides service much more than just a caterer, he is like a wedding planner! He helped plan the day, helped with the procession and movement of guests, and was more than willing to step in wherever needed. Mike encouraged us to personalize the wedding and made it possible to do so.

The food Diverse Catering provides absolutely delicious. We had dozens of compliments about it after the wedding (which is unusual because nobody really remembers the food)! Mike will always answer his phone and be happy to accommodate any requests or answer any questions. He goes out of his way to make everything convenient for you! We were so happy to see that he goes above and beyond to cater to the needs of guests. The team helped the elderly get their food instead of walking up to the buffet.

Most importantly, Mike provides a sense of calm and happiness for both families in the wedding. He was out there dancing with my parents and making sure everyone had a great time! His energy is absolutely amazing and it shows that he's in the right profession. The next day, he even called to share his best wishes and thanked us.. but really- we are the ones who are full of gratitude for his great services!!!

I would absolutely recommend this caterer to any of my closest friends and family. Using a small company and working with one of the owners makes everything a little more personalized and special. Besides, Mike will make you smile every time you work with him! :)

Sent on 11/06/2012
  • Kerri

Kerri · Married on 09/15/2012

We found Diverse Catering through the list from our venue - Ridley Creek. After researching and meeting with a few - we scheduled a tasting with Mike Schmidt.
    From the beginning, the way Diverse does business was above and beyond. Mike sent us a few quotes with different menu options to work with our vision and budget. He wouldn't take a deposit or even a signed contract until after we tasted his work, a sampling of the menu we wanted. He was always very responsive with emails, and very patient with our questions. He made everything so easy! We met with him a few times at the venue for walkthroughs - these were all fantastic brainstorming sessions where the 3 of us would discuss an idea and fine tune it until the vision was crystal clear. We didn't want a cookie cutter wedding and were nervous about our atypical detail requests - but Mike was completely onboard, even supplying the firepit for smores.
    I can't say enough good things about the food. As soon as our car pulled up from the church, Mike met us with a tray of delicious hors d'oeuvres that we devoured before taking photos. We had a 3 station menu - Tuscan with pastas and chicken, Moroccan with a whole salmon on display as it was served, and a grilling station with beef, chicken, and shrimp kabobs, and also a mashed potato bar. You always hear that you never get to eat during your own wedding but my husband and I were served first and we both ate our entire meal. Our guests LOVED the food! We saw people with towers of food, going up for seconds. People couldn't raving.
    Not only is his food unbeatable, but Mike acted as our DOC, running the whole reception. The decor was 100% as we imagined, and the events of the night all went off without a hitch. From beginning to end, Mike had everything taken care of so we didn't have to worry about a single thing but enjoying our day. Our wedding was nothing less than perfect and we will always remember what an impact he was on implementing our dream wedding.

Sent on 10/14/2012

Kerri · Married on 09/15/2012

We found Diverse Catering through the list of recommended caterers from our venue - Ridley Creek State Park. After researching and meeting with a few - we scheduled a tasting with Mike Schmidt from Diverse. The food was absolutely amazing, and we signed with him on the spot.
    From the very beginning, the way Diverse does business was above and beyond. Mike sent us a few quotes with different menu options to work with our vision and budget. He wouldn't take a deposit or even a signed contract until after we tasted his work, which was a sampling of the menu we were leaning toward. He was always very responsive with emails, and also very patient with our questions and unusual detail requests. He made everything so easy! We met with him a few times at the venue for walkthroughs - these were all fantastic brainstorming sessions where the 3 of us would throw an idea on the table and fine tune it until the vision was crystal clear. We didn't want a cookie cutter wedding and were nervous about our grilling station and s'mores firepit happening - but Mike was right there encouraging us, even supplying the firepit, along with a few other items, so we didn't have to buy one.

The food:
    I can't say enough good things. As soon as our car pulled up after taking photos at the church, Mike met us with a tray of delicious hors d'oeuvres that our bridal party and we devoured before taking more photos. We had a 3 station menu - Tuscan with pastas, chicken and bread, Moroccan with a huge salmon on display as it was served, and a grilling station that was set up outside during cocktail hour, (piquing our guests' interest) with beef, chicken, and shrimp kabobs, and also a mashed potato bar. You always hear that you never get to eat during your own wedding but my husband and I were served first and we both ate our entire meal. Our guests LOVED the food! We saw people with towers of food, going up for seconds. People couldn't stop talking about it.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Anne · Married on 09/08/2012

Not only were my husband and I thrilled with Diverse Catering & Events services at our wedding, our guests also complimented us on their food and staff. Ken, Mike & team offered us many valuable suggestions for our menu, venue set-up and schedule, down to the nitty gritty details of where our glasses would be for the toasts.

Our outdoor cocktail hour quickly had to become an indoor event due to the weather and Ken and team handled it all without even having to bother us as we got ready for our wedding.

Throughout our wedding, ken and staff checked in with us to make sure we had everything we needed and if they needed to make any changes.

Sent on 09/20/2012
  • O

Occhetti · Married on 07/28/2012

"This was the best food I have ever had at a wedding!" said all of our guests. Everyone at Diverse Catering is very good at what they do. Ken and Mike worked with us to make sure that the food was exactly as we wanted it throughout our wedding reception. They also went beyond our expectations by helping to pace the days events make sure everything stayed on schedule. They pampered us as bride and groom throughout the day and made sure that we had everything we wanted. We can not recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 07/31/2012

Rich · Married on 07/07/2012

We just experienced a magical event for our daughter's wedding. Prior to the wedding Ken Correll gave great attention to planning the wedding just as our daughter wanted. Always available for any concerns. Then for the actual event, Ken & his staff just took over and made the wedding like a fairy tale. Food was great & his staff were upbeat & positive. A wonderful caterer.

Sent on 07/10/2012

Courtney · Married on 06/30/2012

The food was a very important part of the wedding for me and my Italian family and it was AMAZING!!!! If I wasn't wearing a wedding dress, I would have stuffed myself to the max. The family style was great because everyone could eat what they wanted, they could ask for more food, and they didn't have to get up out of their seats. Mike was so helpful and energetic in the whole process. He took part in the rehearsal and was essentially a wedding planner for me too. I would recommend his food and services for anyone. The only thing I would have changed was to ask for a doggy bag after the wedding!

Sent on 02/23/2014

Christine · Married on 06/03/2012

Mike and his team at Diverse Catering and Events catered our wedding at the Mansion at Ridley Creek in June. Not only did they do an extraordinary job, but they were also fantastic to work with. For an out of town bride, Mike made planning as easy as it could possibly be and pulled out all the stops to work flexibly with me. In addition, he managed/coordinated the rehearsal and all activities on the wedding day, allowing my husband and I (plus our families) to be able to relax and enjoy the day. His team provided fantastic food and service – I received so many compliments both during and after the wedding, even from our foodie friends. Mike’s experience, attention to detail, and suggestions were invaluable during the planning stages as well as on the wedding day.

Our entire experience with Diverse Catering was fantastic, but here are some examples of why I think they’re in a separate league to other caterers:

- Mike was incredibly responsive and accommodated my schedule. Mike was willing to provide a tasting for us on a Sunday because during my one visit to town (I live abroad) before the wedding week, that was the only day that I could do it.
    - His team was able to specially create a specific hors d’oeuvre for us that wasn’t part of their standard options and was fantastic!
    - On the wedding day, Mike was able to coordinate a last minute change with our musicians after I had made a mistake, so that everything went smoothly and I didn’t need to worry about anything.
    - It rained right before the (outdoor) ceremony, yet Mike monitored the weather forecast, waited and his team quickly dried off the seats so we could proceed when the sun came out
    - While being photographed during the cocktail hour, my husband and I were brought hors d’oeuvres and drinks so we didn’t miss out on anything
    - His staff were so attentive that when a relative of mine went to leave to put a baby to sleep, they noticed and boxed up her meal for her to take without anyone saying anything
    - Did I mention the food was outstanding?

I could go on and on about the fantastic experience we had with Mike and Diverse Catering. Hiring them was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding, and I would strongly recommend them.

Sent on 06/23/2012
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 05/27/2012

Ken, Mike, Suzy and the rest of the Diverse Catering team did a phenomenal job catering our wedding on Sunday! The food was delicious! The service was superior! Many guests raved about both and expressed that they were extremely impressed by the professionalism and seamless execution of the entire event. As the bride, I was able to completely relax and enjoy the experience. They were so exceptional that, even when our daughter injured herself during the Best Man's speech, Mike immediately brought me some ice for her arm. He was so attentive and went above and beyond not just for the groom and me, but for every guest. I highly recommend Diverse Catering. They are experienced, knowledgeable, flexible (very easy going) and reliable. Plus, their food is excellent! You will be thrilled with their performance!

Sent on 05/30/2012