Discomovil Cancun Reviews

Discomovil Cancun 5
Discomovil Cancun 6
Discomovil Cancun 7

ashley · Married on 02/26/2016

Ricardo and team were phenomenal! Excellent communication and great services at the wedding! Our guests loved the light up dance floor and the music was exactly what we were hoping for!

Sent on 02/29/2016

Ashley · Married on 02/22/2016

Very flexible to work with. They were on time and did everything we asked! All our wedding guests were dancing all the whole time!

Sent on 03/03/2016

Merissa · Married on 02/19/2016

We had our wedding reception at RIU Caribe on February 19, 2016 at the steakhouse. The DJ team consisted of Ricardo de Pavia, Miguel, and Martin. I have nothing but positive things to say about this company.

We did the four hour dj/mc package with lighting and a standard 16 x 16 dance floor. I also requested additional up lighting a few days before the wedding and it was no problem! I always got emails back immediately, which was really nice.

As for the reception, DiscoMovil did such an amazing job. The lighting in the venue was perfect and it transformed the restaurant to really make it feel like our own private event. Once the music started, you couldn't get us off the dance floor. Even after paying the outside vendor fee, DiscoMovil was still less expensive than the in house vendor. I would definitely recommend this vendor to any brides/grooms that are hesitant about which dj company to go with. Planning a wedding is stressful enough, especially a destination wedding! So why not go with a company that will make your planning and day go more smoothly?

Thank you so much DiscoMovil! We all had such a good time!

Sent on 03/02/2016

Catherine · Married on 02/05/2016

The DJs were extremely flexible when we had to move our reception inside last minute to a completely different location. The music was great and they definitely kept the party going! They played all of our "must play" songs and even took requests from guests and played them soon after! Amazing company - would definitely recommend them for destination weddings, receptions, anything that needs music! Thank you!

Sent on 02/18/2016

Nhi · Married on 01/09/2016

Book DiscoMovil and rest assured he will take care of your party!

Sent on 05/04/2017

Thomas · Married on 01/09/2016

They did an amazing job! Kept the music lowkey while we ate, did an awesome job with the first dance, Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dances and once we started the dancing for everyone, they did an awesome job keeping upbeat music and also working in some special songs we requested. They even took requests from the kids we had in our group which made them feel special. I would DEFINITELY recommendthem to others.

Sent on 01/26/2016

Discomovil Cancun's reply:

Thank you for trusting in us, It was such an absolute pleasure to be part your special day.
    Wish you and Hanna a happy life together full of surprises.

Tereza · Married on 11/14/2015

We had the pleasure of having Ricardo of Disco Movil be our DJ for our wedding event and I must say he was amazing!!! Extremely professional, showed up early and set up, it was beautiful. During the dinner he played beautiful music, everyone was seen singing along or swaying in their seats to the romantic music. He kept us on schedule the entire night, all songs we had asked him to play were played. The entire night was such a success. Ricardo knew the type of music to please our crowd and we could have danced all night! THANK YOU SO MUCH RICARDO & Disco Movil, I truly hope people look no further as they were FANTASTIC!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Leslie · Married on 11/07/2015

Absolutely amazing!! Don't look any further. These guys did such a good job. They kept the whole party dancing all night long. They were all super friendly and extremely accommodating. I cant say enough good things about them.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Daynese · Married on 09/26/2015

If your having a wedding in Cancun or the Riviera Maya area you must go with Disco Movil. During my wedding planning this was the one thing I was worried about because both my husband and I have such a great love of music, being from NY we are hard to please so getting this right was important. We used Disco Movil for our wedding on Sept 26th and Ricardo and his team did not disappoint. I got a little over 3 hours of music, cold fireworks, and uplighting for less than the cost of my hotel DJ and my guests would not stop talking about how great the music was. Most importantly Ricardo read the crowd well. He knew exactly what music to play and at the proper time, I didn't even provide them with a list of songs to play. Book them, relax, and prepare to party! Disco Movil will take it from there!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Dana · Married on 08/15/2015

I cant even express in words how thankful my husband and I were to have Ricardo and his team as the DJ for our reception and also for our ceremony on August 15, 2015. The entire day was flawless and Ricardo did an amazing job. I knew right away when I contacted Ricardo that he was the guy for the job. We wanted to have old school hip hop and r&b plus new hits play during the reception and Ricardo had all the jams in his online database. When we contacted him he was always super responsive and made sure all my questions and concerns were handled. His online database of songs made it super easy to pick what we wanted to play during our reception and ceremony, All of our guests were on the dance floor the entire time and they kept saying how amazing the DJ was. Ricardo also did up lighting for our reception which made the room so beautiful and it really set the mood. I cant thank him enough for everything. If you want the best DJ book Ricardo!

Sent on 09/14/2015

barbara · Married on 08/10/2015

I'm from Los Angeles and was worried about the type of music he would play. But I was put to ease almost as soon as he started. The music was awesome, people were on the dance floor till the end and I had him stay for 1 more hour. He responsed to all my emails and in a timely manner, he was very easy to communicate with. I Would highly recommend his services.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Rachelle · Married on 08/08/2015

My fiancee and I decided to have a destination wedding May of last year. With our family and friends, we knew that having the perfect music/DJ was KEY to having the perfect party --- we LOVE to dance.

Through reviews, I reached out to Ricardo and the DiscoMovilCancun team. He was very quick to respond to our email. We booked him shortly after our initial contact --- the process was smooth and went without a glitch. Over the year or so until our wedding, I would have random questions here and there and he would always reply promptly. He was even able to take songs from YouTube (we used an acoustic version of a popular song for our first dance) and play them. A few weeks before the wedding, he provided me with a DJ songlist form to fill out. I'm pretty Type A and was specific about a lot of things --- down to the minute/second when to start certain songs, and he got it! Some songs we requested were not in their music bank, but he was able to download them -- 90s hip-hop/R&B, reggae, just a few line dances, today's hip-hop, and EDM.

The morning of our wedding, I was a little worried since I hadn't met with Ricardo yet and didn't even really brief him on anything (other than the list I sent him), so I shot him an email. He responded promptly again and said they would be on site at 1pm to set up for our ceremony. The last hour or so of getting ready was a whirlwind and my stress level was pretty high. We were called down to line up for the ceremony and I saw Ricardo and heard the music we selected for the recessional and all of my stress melted away. The ceremony was perfect.

The reception. PERFECT. Everything was perfect. He played about 90% of what we requested (and probably not 100% due to time restraints) and even mixed in a few songs we didn't ask for, but they fit perfectly! The entire time on the dancefloor, our guests kept saying " I love this DJ!" We had the time of our lives and danced the night away. It really couldn't have been any more perfect.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Christopher · Married on 08/01/2015

Ricardo and team were great. Everything was set up on time and they were very responsive to our needs throughout the entire night. My wife and I are very happy we hired them for our special day. It was worth every penny!

Sent on 08/07/2015

Stephanie · Married on 07/24/2015

Disco Movil was the highlight of our wedding! My husband and I could not be happier we chose Ricardo and his crew to DJ our wedding in Mexico! I never had anything to worry about from the moment we booked him till the end of the reception. He was always extremely quick to answer my emails and answer my questions. His online music database made things very easy. The set up of the light up dance floor was beyond awesome and everyone loved it! We also had cold fireworks that went off at the end of our first dance, which was a great surprise to all of the guests!!! Ricardo also played our ceremony music which was perfect because he had 2 large speakers and it was super loud so everyone on the beach could hear it and know when it was their turn to walk out! We couldn't be happier we chose him! Highly recommend Disco Movil!

Sent on 08/02/2015

Chelsea · Married on 07/14/2015

Discomovil Cancun was amazing! They knew the exact music I wanted to reflect our style as well as keep the guests dancing and energized. He mixed music genres and I heard, "OMG I love this song!" over and over from our guests. Discomovil was affordable, prompt, and exceeded my expectations for a great party. I loved every song he played and am so thrilled with the results. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/21/2015

We were married last weekend at Beach Palace Resort in Cancun. Ricardo was great! My fiance is a control freak when it comes to music and gave him a very specific must play and do not play list. Ricardo did an amazing job of playing all the songs we wanted at the right times to encourage our guests to dance and have a good time. We had several comments the following day about how great the music was!

He was also very helpful with our lighting situation - the resort was vague with what we would need and when we arrived we realized we needed to add on some uplighting and Ricardo was able to do that without a hesitation or thought.

I would highly highly recommend Ricardo :)

Sent on 05/11/2015
  • Y

yasmine · Married on 05/01/2015

We hired Ricardo for our wedding May 1st 2015. We got married at the Now Jade. RICARDO is seriously the best! I am beyond thankful for all his wonderful work and suggestions. He is talented in music, lighting and MC'ing. We were truly fortune to book him for our special day. Everyone stills compliments us how much fun the wedding was and how great the music was! Ricardo was very accommodating and extremely responsive too all my emails! Ricardo knows his music, has excellent lighting and sound equipment. Everyone danced all night! Thank you Ricardo for helping us make this very special day even more special! Ricardo is that man! He truly enjoys what he does and it shows! He is worth every single penny! I would highly recommend him! We <3 Ricardo!!! :)

Sent on 05/08/2015

Karin · Married on 04/24/2015

We hired Disco Movil for our wedding at the Now Sapphire on April 24, 2015. They were very fast in responding and extremely reasonable in the pricing. Jimmy was the DJ and MC at our wedding and we are thrilled with the job he did. We didn't give much direction with what music to play or not to play, we wanted him to have the freedom to read the crowd and keep them dancing. Jimmy did a great job with that! Everyone loved the music selection and he was great with the timing of everything. I highly recommend this company, they were easy to work with and delivered a great service!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Katy · Married on 04/17/2015

Ricardo and the DiscoMovil team were such a pleasure to work with! From the very first email exchange I knew I was going to be in good hands with him. He was super responsive and answered all of my questions completely. On the big day everything went off perfectly and I am so glad that we decided to book with them!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Michael · Married on 02/27/2015

All the high marks for Ricardo a for a good reason - he was great. We would highly recommend him.

We were married at the Grand Palladium in February. We were very nervous about choosing a dj - nothing ruins a reception like a bad dj. We also had a diverse crowd - family and friends from Australia, friends from the US, and family from Texas/Mexico. Ricardo had no problems finding the songs we requested and kept everyone dancing all night. He was very easy to work with and got back to all questions quickly. Hire Ricardo - it will be one of the best decisions that you make.

Sent on 04/21/2015

Melanie · Married on 02/21/2015

Everything was perfect! Exceeded my expectations and I highly recommend for any and all events!

Sent on 03/05/2015

Mary · Married on 02/20/2015

Ricardo was awesome and so flexible! My wedding guests requested a lot of songs and he pretty much had everything. Great on the mic as well! Highly recommend him for a wedding in Cancun or Isla Mujeres!

Sent on 03/25/2015

Nikki · Married on 02/14/2015

This DJ is fantastic! I had a few changes I needed throughout the wedding process and Discomovil was flexible and accommodated me every step of the way. The months and days leading up to the wedding the company responded within a few hours. On the day of he arrived very very early to set up and kept everyone dancing every minute. If I could do it all over again I'd absolutely use Discomovil, he was the most responsive and flexible vendor I dealth with.

Sent on 02/25/2015

From my first email communication with Ricardo, I was impressed. We communicated multiple times before the wedding and Ricardo responded almost instantaneously. We hired Disco Movil for both our welcome party and wedding reception. At the welcome party, Ricardo and his crew played background music during the dinner, displayed our slideshow on their projection screen, provided the audio for our guests who gave speeches and performed, and then served as a karaoke DJ! He had practically every song imaginable to sing, and the lyrics were displayed on the projection screen. It was a fantastic night. As part of the planning, Disco Movil is very organized and helpful. Ricardo sent me a model run-of-show schedule for the wedding day and wedding week which I gave to our wedding coordinators, photographer, and weding party. For the music playlist, Discomovil has a website where you enter all the songs you’d like to be played for each of your events. They have a massive database, but if there are songs that aren’t in their database, you can enter the song information and they will acquire the song for you. Disco Movil stuck to our playlists since we gave them a lot of songs. This was very helpful. On the day of our events, Ricardo and his crew came early to coordinate with the hotel staff setting up our locations. But the key to being a great DJ is knowing how to keep people on the dance floor all night. Ricardo adjusted the music accordingly when the crowd didn’t respond well to one of our songs. The momentum kept increasing till the end of the night. Ricardo also MC'd and stuck to our script to make the necessary announcements. He did a great job. We didn’t want the party to stop at the set end time, but Ricardo agreed to stay and kept the party going for as long as the hotel would allow us :) Thank you Discomovil for making a spectacular weekend!

Sent on 03/16/2015

FAYE · Married on 08/08/2014

Ricardo and his team from Disco Movil did a wonderful job as the DJ for our wedding on 10/10 in Playa Del Carmen. To start he was very responsive through all correspondences as he had answers to our questions within minutes of us hitting the send button. We provided a general timeline and a spreadsheet which included "do not play", "try to play", and "must play" song selections. Ricardo responded letting us know he liked our selection and that they would acquire any songs they did not already have in their database. Even though we've never met them in person, we felt very comfortable with Ricardo and team prior to landing in Mexico.

Once in Mexico we needed to reach out and see if Disco Movil was available for a last minute vendor meeting on-site at our resort. Ricardo responded quickly to the request and stated "no problem". He was on-site the very next day to hash out last minute details. At the actual wedding/reception Ricardo and team did a wonderful job with the unconventional playlist we requested (it contained a lot of hip hop songs i.e. Kid Ink, Chris Brown, Drake,Ty Dolla $ign, etc). We had guests on the dance floor the entire night. In addition to a packed dance floor we sprung a last minute request on Ricardo as we wanted to extend the reception by an additional hour. Again, this was "not a problem" for Ricardo and team as they were very flexible and accommodating.

We cannot say enough good things about Ricardo and his team and would HIGHLY recommend them as a DJ for your wedding. If you are having a wedding in the Cancun area, Disco Movil should be your DJ. Thank you again, Ricardo!

Sent on 10/29/2014