11 Reviews for DiSalvo's Station Restaurant

Limited Bar (1)
Liquor License (1)
House Liquor (1)
Chocolate Fountain (1)

We were impressed with our whole experience with DiSalvo's -- from beginning to end. The service was exceptional, the food was delicious, and ambience was so romantic! We heard nothing but compliments from all of our guests. There is so much character in the venue that you barely need decorations. The cigar lounge with a pool table was a big hit, as was the opportunity to watch real trains pass on the platform. Mike was a complete pleasure to work with and was very accommodating. All of this PLUS reasonable prices! Definitely a 5-star experience!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Disalvo’s Station is a hidden gem in the little town of Latrobe PA. The banquet space is very unique as it used to be the train station. There is a train car within the space that is a perfect place for a cookie table and for small tables for conversation OR for additional seating. My daughter’s wedding had 125 guests but it could have held more. Michael, the manager and event planner was responsive to our every need during the planning process. His staff is well trained and functioned during the event like a well-oiled machine. Our guests all said they enjoyed the food as well. It was served hot and delicious. If you’re looking for wedding venue different from all the banquet halls and hotel ballrooms, this is your kind of place. Also very affordable versus other venues.

Profile Picture User7344157, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Furniture, Tables, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Indoor, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated

My husband and I could not be happier with using DiSalvo's Station as our reception venue. Mike, the even organizer at Disalvo's was fantastic. He was always there to tell us "yes" and support our idea - he even did a specialty appetizer for us! He was also available via email and made time to us to come in and ask questions and decorate when the time came. Mike was very respectful to our parents and made the tasting very special for all of us. All of our vendors were also very well taken care of by Mike and the DiSalvo's staff from planning and setup to dinner. The food at DiSalvo's was also great. We felt like everyone was served each course at the same time and we got a lot of compliments regarding it being "the best meal we've had at a wedding". We thought everything was reasonably priced and were able to do the bar, courses, and desserts we wanted to. I highly recommend using DiSalvo's Station for your wedding or special event. It's a beautiful location, with great food, and a wonderful staff. We will most certainly be back.

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/20/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Furniture, Tables, Indoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Parking

We got married May 14th and chose to have just our reception at DiSalvo's. The venue itself is very unique, definitely not a run of the mill reception hall or boring hotel. It suited us perfectly. And surprisingly, for a small wedding (70 people), was one of the most affordable options out there. They had awesome food, great service. My only suggestion to them would be to have an additional bartender or two at the reception. There were a couple times I went to the bar and no one was there! And I'm the bride!! Other than that, I have no complaints! I would definitely book them again and again. Mike was amazing to work with from start to finish. He was very personable and even helped us carry boxes of decor to and from our vehicles.

Profile Picture Kara, 5/14/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Furniture, Tables, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Indoor

My wife and I wanted one location for our wedding and ceremony to simplify planning. DiSalvo's Station delivered wonderfully and affordably. Mike was a pleasure to work with at every step of the planning process, from picking a date to tasting our way through the menu, to planning a last minute rehearsal dinner (in the train car!). He was willing to be as flexible as we needed to accommodate our long-distance scheduling, sometimes on short notice. The food was fantastic. Many of our guests spoke highly of the rehearsal and reception dinners. They were also happy to accommodate vegan or gluten-free needs. The restaurant itself is a diamond in the rough. The charming ambience and decor of garlands and fairy lights set a wonderful atmosphere for the wedding, dancing, and all our photographs. We could not have found a better location or asked for a better service team than DiSalvo's Station Restaurant, and we can't wait to return for our next special dinner.

Profile Picture Richard, 4/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Clean Up, Set Up, Indoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Open Bar

I cannot recommend DiSalvo's highly enough. They were an absolute delight to work with on our wedding reception. They thought of everything and helped with all of the planning to make the night go perfectly. They are experts at what they do. Their food, hospitality and service is unbelievable. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture User5504511, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot even begin to express how PERFECT this place was for our reception! It is beautiful, unique and Mike the coordinator is incredible. The prices were also very reasonable. A lot of places in the Latrobe/Ligonier area will nickle and dime you but DiSalvo's does not. They genuinely want you to have a positive experience and a great wedding, which because of them, we definitely did. There is no rental fee, you just pay for your food, alcohol, tax an gratuity. It is very fairly priced and we got several compliments about the food. It was delicious.

Mike always answered my (endless) emails quickly and was always accommodating. He took care of the weird allergies of my friends and family without a problem and helped me coordinate everything with the other vendors. The cake is even included here (which is a huge money saver) and Mike worked with me to design the cake I was looking for. There was no problem that Mike didn't work to solve for us to ensure everything went smoothly (and it did!). Everything was beautiful and we're still getting compliments from friends and family saying it was the best wedding they've ever attended.

I cannot say enough positive things about Mike or this venue. If you want a place that is not a typical ballroom hall, has character and cares about you as a person and not a paycheck, this is the place for you.

Profile Picture Anne, 6/14/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mike was so great to work with! He was a great coordinator! The food was excellent and large portions. The guests couldn't stop talking about how great the food was. This venue is unique and intimate. We loved it and so did our guests. The value is also great and Mike works with you to meet any request that you might have.

Profile Picture Trudie, 9/28/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

DiSalvo's was the first venue we looked at and we didn't feel the need to look anywhere else. We didn't want a bland banquet hall for our wedding and DiSalvo's is so beautiful and unique. You could walk around that place for hours and not see every cool little detail. Also, my dad works for the railroad and the railroad station charm was perfect for the type of wedding I was planning.
The deal was sealed when we met Mike, the event planner. He was incredibly helpful, informative, and did EVERYTHING that we asked, no matter how crazy. A couple of weeks before the wedding my mom was texting/calling/emailing him everyday and he always responded immediately and made sure that he accommodated her wishes.
The day of the wedding everyone was in awe at how beautiful the place was. The dinner was AMAZING and every person that I talked to complimented the food. It was hot and fresh and you could tell you were dining in a restaurant rather than eating mass-produced wedding food. The wait staff was incredibly professional and served and cleaned everything quickly.
I was watching some of my guests after dinner and anyone that wasn't dancing was walking around exploring the restaurant or the super cool cigar bar downstairs. I had to drag the men out of that place, they loved it.
Everyone that I spoke to told me that this was the most fun wedding they have been to. I truly think that the awesome environment that DiSalvo's provided contributed to everyone being engaged and excited from start to finish. This is certainly not a boring event space. It is charming and classy and the perfect place to host a vintage-themed wedding. I wish I could relive my wedding day at DiSalvo's but I love knowing that we will never have to decide where to go to dinner on our anniversary. I will be a customer for life.

Profile Picture Julia, 8/31/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

DiSalvo's Station was the first and last place that we checked into having our wedding reception. The moment that we walked in, we knew that it would be perfect for us. The train station has such a charm that no banquet hall could ever fill. Everything from the brick walls to the antique signs and train were perfect. Mike V. who helped us along with planning the reception could not have been any nicer or more helpful. You could tell that he really loves his job. The food was absolutely delicious! The menu had so much to choose from, and we were very satisfied with what was served. Everything from when we signed the contract with him up until the day after the wedding when they called to let us know what all we forgot, was a very smooth and pleasant experience. If I had the day to do all over again, we would still choose DiSalvo's Station.

Profile Picture Jeramie, 5/26/12, 5 Reviews