73 Reviews for Table Field Catering

Italian (1)
Local (1)
Middle Eastern (1)
Lactose Free (1)

We had Tablefield cater our wedding. Food was excellent and they were easily able to create a menu for our guests with many different food allergies. We had many guest that were vegetarian or vegan and they stated that this was hands down the best meal they have ever had at a wedding. Staff, bar, plates, and linens were included which made planning a breeze.

Profile Picture C, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

My wife (still not used to saying that word!) and I recently got married at the beautiful and scenic Patapsco Female Institute in Ellicott City, a stabilized ruin with history dating back pre-Civil War. My wife had visited the site several times as a teenager and fell in love with its charming character and backstory and knew from an early age this was the wedding venue her heart longed for.

After a bit of research while looking for caterers we found Paul at Table Field Catering and met him for dinner at Dimitri's on Frederick Road and both of us and my mother-in-law could tell almost right away Paul was the man for the job. His meticulous attention to detail and thoroughness just in the initial discussions told us that on the day of the wedding we never have to worry about anything. We had several follow up conversations leading up to the big day and Paul left no stone uncovered making sure every nuance of the event would go off without a hitch.

On the wedding day, Paul showed up promptly and both he and his team of courteous servers came through 110%. The food was incredible and prepared exactly as we had requested, the portions were generous, the water glasses always full, and the atmosphere felt like we were at a 5 star restaurant. Even at the bar, his team were quick with the drinks (it was my wedding day, so you know I was a frequent customer) and there was never a line. His team were extremely friendly and very professional. Paul even took the extra step to make sure to send me a plate of mac and cheese while doing the pictures after the ceremony as he knew it was at the top of my need to have list.

I cannot say enough good things about Table Field Catering and would highly recommend the service to anyone in need of a caterer anywhere near Baltimore

Profile Picture James, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Do not look any further- Table Field Catering is the right choice for you! Sustainability, creative expression, and delicious, authentic food drive this incredible company. My husband and I planned a Do It Yourself wedding and it truly could not have been executed the way it was without the expertise and commitment to detail from Paul and his team.

Starting with our initial meeting- the whole catering component was entirely collaborative. My husband and I met with Paul and together the three of us developed a menu from scratch that was catered to our time of year (for the food), budget, pallet preference, and vision. We settled on three stations: Greek, Thai, and Spanish paella.

Logistically speaking Table Field Catering is the whole package. From start to finish every decision was made as a team which led us to a place where no stone was left unturned. From the walk through, to the layout designs, we were nothing short of thrilled with the dedication this company provided my husband and me. Table Field Catering is not only genuinely dependable with their food production and display but also their service. They were essentially our wedding caterer and planner all wrapped up in one!

Finally, our food was outstanding, isn’t that what weddings are all about? The variety and flavors were unimaginable and we could not be happier. Guests were enthusiastically enjoying the tastes from around the world on our sustainable bamboo plates (a great touch we highly recommend). Some have even reached out asking for recipes! Needless to say no one left hungry or dissatisfied.

Table Field Catering turned our dream into a reality. If we could yell this from the rooftops we would- choose Table Field Catering for your next special event!

Profile Picture katrina, 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
3.6

Paul and his wife Rebecca are great - the food was amazing and seasonal and just what we wanted. We specifically used them because they had access to the kitchen in our venue (so the food didn't have to travel) but I would use them again other places. They also got the linens and dishes, and supplied the bar staff (while letting us stock the bar). I didn't get many pictures but people told me it was the best food they had had at a wedding in a long time.

Photo for Table Field Catering Review - This was our salad station
Photo for Table Field Catering Review - This was our market station (cheese/meat/dips)
Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Paul and his team at Table Field Catering did an all around fantastic job and created a memorable experience! From our first meeting, Paul listened to our vision, helped provide ideas, and created a menu that was just what we wanted. Throughout the planning process Paul was easy to contact, quick to respond, and really gave us individual attention. The food that Paul and his team prepared was absolutely amazing! Guest after guest commented on how delicious the food was. Many even commented that it was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding! Three weeks later, guests are still talking about delicious the roasted chicken we had as our main dish. Not only was the food incredibly delicious, the service was one of a kind! Paul, the servers, the bartenders, and the rest of his staff were very professional. They were attentive to all of the needs of our guests, especially those with food allergies and were very kind, polite, and extremely hard working. Again, our guests commented on how impressed they were with the whole staff! We cannot say enough good things about Table Field Catering. We were extremely lucky to find them and they really helped to make our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture Catherine, 7/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, American, Italian, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s)
4.7

I can't recommend Table Field strongly enough. I interviewed at least six caterers before I settled on them, and although others bid cheaper, we immediately knew that Table Field would be worth the money. Paul helped us structure our event the way that a wedding planner would - he walked us through every decision and helped us establish the timing. I didn't realize I what details I hadn't addressed until he raised them - I realize now that the event would not have gone nearly as smoothly without his advice. We had special requirements - the wedding was in our home and the kitchen was immediately adjacent to the dining area. Every other caterer wanted to use our kitchen to cook, or at least warm food. Paul brought in a portable kitchen parked outside so that all our guests observed was seamless service - the mess and the noise was completely off site. Just as importantly (more importantly?) the food itself was fantastic. Paul uses all locally sourced ingredients and is extremely attentive to the quality of his ingredients - he gathered the mushrooms for our first course risotto himself! My husband and I are vegetarian, but most of our guests are not. Paul made sure that many of the dishes were vegetarian without shortchanging the rest of us at all. There were some very discerning palates in the room and they assured me that the steaks he served for the main course were top-notch. We have the satisfaction of knowing we threw a party that will be remembered for itself - not just because we were married. Thank you Paul.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Paul, Victor, and the rest of the team were spectacular while catering our farm wedding this spring. Throughout the planning process, Paul was creative, collaborative, and flexible. We created the menu together and were able to try it at his venue. Yum!! All of the ingredients were fresh and full of flavor. It is clear that Paul loves what he does. During the event, his team had to deal with mud and rain, but never complained. They delivered a delicious meal that everyone raved about. We heard again and again "this is definitely not regular wedding food." People were thrilled and so were we! We would recommend Table Field Catering to everyone!

Profile Picture Westy, 11/5/17, 1 Review
3.4

We chose this company because the food at the tasting was outstanding, and we were seeking a company using locally sourced and seasonal ingredients. Paul obviously has culinary talent. Overall, we can't argue with the quality of food delivered at the event. All of our guests had positive things to say despite their initial hesitation at our creative, "nontraditional" menu.

Menu planning was a bit challenging, and we did have pretty specific requests. He was prompt with his responses and followed his timeline. However, our communication styles were very different, and we often felt frustrated that our requests weren't being heard (compounded by the fact that we live out of the area so this was all done over the phone). Also, weekend hours for meetings/tastings were very limited, making it extremely challenging for out-of-towners. Fortunately, our family helped with a lot of the details, but if you want to handle those things yourself, I would not recommend this caterer if don't live locally or only are available on weekends.

Our biggest complaint was with the speed of service during the reception. Dinner service took about 90 minutes, which really cut time short for the band and dancing, and guests became restless between courses and left their tables. I had more minor complaints (such as the desserts we provided being served in the aluminum roasting pans we brought them in, and bartenders failing to make/use fresh squeezed orange juice despite agreement to do so with the juicer we provided), but they weren't make or break.

Overall, we felt the terms of the contract and pricing were reasonable for the quality of food. Paul delivered on the meal. However, there were some details of the event that were suboptimal and some of the planning was tricky.

T

Profile Picture User7270354, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Loved Table Field Catering. Chef Paul was outstanding from the first contact to clean-up at the end of the reception. He worked with us to create a local, seasonal, delicious menu that was also beautiful and affordable. The food was accessible for small children and older folks, but also interesting enough for the foodies. He met with us twice, answered calls and emails promptly, and was friendly and supportive. On the day of the wedding, he did his part and more, stepping in to fix things like the table numbers we forgot to unpack, or cutting a few extra flowers for extra tables. The guests loved the food, we loved the food, we only wish we'd had more time during the reception to eat more than a plate :)

Profile Picture Dana, 8/4/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Mediterranean, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings, Bartender(s)
4.7

If you want to have great food at your wedding that your guests will rave about, go with Table Field catering. While there are plenty of other things that distinguish them, the bottom line is that they do a great job of preparing and serving an elegant and mouthwatering menu for a large group of people.

When we first met with Paul, we weren't sure exactly which direction we wanted to take with catering - we just knew we wanted the food to be good! He did a great job of quickly getting down to what we wanted and helped us put together a seasonal, locally sourced menu that also tied in both of our family traditions. My husband's father is from Georgia (the country), and Paul prepared two very authentic and totally delicious appetizers using spices from Georgia. It was very impressive - he hadn't even had them before! Our guests couldn't get enough of them!

It is clear that he takes pride in preparing great food, and he also made it clear that he was dedicated to our wedding and took ownership of being our primary vendor (we didn't have a planner) from the start. He helped brainstorm and coordinate the event, from the timing to the look. We didn't have access to our venue until right before the event, but his team took the stress out of it by setting up all of the reception hall decorations. He has years of experience in the industry and gave us good practical advice.

We would highly recommend Table Field - especially if serving high quality food to your guests is one of your top priorities!

Profile Picture User4914737, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Middle Eastern, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Vegetarian, Chairs, Tables

Paul and Rebecca run a thoughtful, community-oriented and DELICIOUS business and we couldn't have been happier that they played such a large part in our wedding. Our guests absolutely loved Table Field's incredible food, especially the mushroom risotto, antipasti, arctic char, and tuscan chicken (but actually they loved everything, I'm just highlighting my favorites!). Chef Paul pays attention to the character and the origin of each of his ingredients and it really shines through in the way he talks about food and in the actual product.

Rebecca was very supportive throughout the planning process and even saved me during the cocktail hour with a plate of much-needed appetizers! Don't be afraid to ask Rebecca questions—she was always willing to answer ours and was very responsive. Any project managers, I'd recommend making your own spreadsheets, as I didn't find T-F's very user friendly. The day itself went off without a hitch and I felt 100% comfortable at every moment knowing that the food and flow were in their hands.

Overall, I highly recommend working with Table Field for any event, big or small, casual to black tie. I have the fullest confidence that they will make your event very memorable. I wish I could have my wedding all over again!

Profile Picture Brittany, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Tastings, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s)

For our wedding in May 2015, we knew we wanted a unique caterer who could make us a Cuban/Puerto Rican dish to serve to our guests. It was important for us to serve food that was meaningful to our family, not your typical wedding meal. When we found Table Field, I knew instantly we had found sowmthing unique when I saw Ropa Vieja (a traditional Cuban fish of shredded flank steak) on their sample menu. That's not something you can just get anywhere. As soon as we reached out and started working with Paul and Rebecca, we knew we didn't want to look any further. More than just serving a unique meal (and delicious which we established in our tasting), the two of them were so organized, warm, professional, knowledgable, and clearly passionate about what they do and creating wonderful events for their clients. It was a joy to work with them and they helped make our event a unique, memorable one. I was and am so proud of being able to serve meaningful, delicious food to my guests. They made that possible. The only recommendation I have for any future prospective customers is to be aware that this is not catering that will be cheap. You pay for what you get...the professionalism and the passion for the food are unusual in a caterer. Your event is truly special to them and it shows, but be prepared to carve out more of the budget to have them. As long as you go in with that mentality, you will be pleased with what you get. They will not disappoint, that I am confident of!

Profile Picture Adriana, 5/16/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

We adore Table Field Catering!

We selected them from a list of caterers who could work with our venue (AVAM), and they topped our list from the beginning.

We specifically wanted to have regional / seasonal food and ingredients, and Table Field Catering were right there with us. Especially in April, that can be challenging, since the growing season is just beginning. Paul had lots of great ideas of how to work with what would be fresh and locally available, including using local mushrooms in a gorgeous risotto and fresh tender baby greens in pesto. Paul spent a lot of time discussing our tastes and getting a feel for who we are and what we like. And he nailed it - without breaking our budget.

Rebecca was a godsend, as we got closer to the date and realized how much we had left to do. She helped us figure out table configuration and color scheme, gave us great ideas on alternatives to guest books, and generally used her experience with weddings in this venue and in general to help us think through what we needed and wanted.

Our gaggle of teens and friends who helped us set up for the event loved working with all of the Table Field staff. Kat (16) says that everyone working on our wedding was willing to stop for a moment and engage with them to figure out the best placement for the tables and such, and were able to work around us and with us in decorating the tables and getting the feel just right. She says everyone was very interesting. :)

All our guests loooooved the food - we got so many wonderful compliments on the appetizers and the main courses, on the taste and presentation. We especially love that one of our younger guests begged Rebecca to wear her masquerade mask, and Rebecca agreed - and carried it off with aplomb and grace and professionality.

We can't say enough wonderful things about Table Field Catering. They are amazing and we couldn't have had such a wonderful wedding without them.

Profile Picture Corinna, 4/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Local, Mediterranean, Bartender(s), Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Cake Cutting, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

It was a pleasure working with Paul and Rebecca. We were first interested in hiring them as our caterer after our first conversation with Paul. He emphasized his approach of sourcing all of the food locally and, most importantly, farm fresh! I later met with Paul to create our wedding menu and he was very open to input on what we wanted for our wedding. He had great suggestions on additions and specific items that would elevate the meal.

Before selecting Dionysus’ Kitchen, we went to a menu tasting, and what can I say, the food was delicious! We were sold. Paul and Rebecca helped us to think through the details of our wedding day and pointed out things we had overlooked. The braised short ribs were a hit, as were the sweet potato latkes during cocktail hour. Two weeks after our wedding we are still receiving rave reviews on the food.

On our wedding day the Dionysus’ team provided fantastic service and worked very hard to ensure our special day went off without a hitch. We are extremely pleased and thank Dionysus’ Kitchen for their integral part in our wonderful wedding!

Profile Picture Tim, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We loved working with Paul! He's engaging, honest, and creative, and his catering was fantastic. Our friends are all very into food and wine, and they couldn't stop talking about the fantastic menu he put together for us. We had four different "international" stations, and everyone especially loved the Polynesian station. Kahlua pork with curried coconut and corn, I think? Anyway, it was super cool and delicious.

His ingredients were mostly (maybe all?) locally sourced, and the leftovers donated to a shelter, which made us really happy. Plus, his prices are totally reasonable, and he let us bring in our own wine.

Profile Picture Karen, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Table Field Catering was personal, thorough, and professional. I appreciated the assistance in choosing both the menu and the linens, both of which helped to set the atmosphere for the evening. The service was prompt and complete. They had thought of so many details that made the night run smoothly.

The servers and Rebecca were helpful, friendly and attentive the day of the wedding. The food was delicious and well presented as well!

We chose to go with this catering company based on price, the companies values and creative ideas.

Profile Picture Addy , 7/11/14, 1 Review
4.7

Paul and Rebecca were wonderful to work with, and the food was fantastic. Paul was so helpful in the planning of our menu- we wanted everything to be local and in season, which helps sustainability, as well as the final price. The only negative comment I have is the pork wasn't great- the pork itself was about a C+, but the strawberry rhubarb compote was great, just not enough for the serving. Other than that, people are still raving about the collard greens; yes, people actually ate them and loved them, including my family from the Midwest. I will absolutely use them for catering in the future, and I am currently trying to convince my sister-in-law to use them for her wedding next year.

Profile Picture Keegan, 6/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We knew we'd need to find a special caterer who could help satisfy our vision for an all-vegan wedding four our 75 guests. Paul totally exceeded our expectations. His menu ideas were creative and inspired, and he was more than willing to listen to our preferences and to work on the menu until it was exactly what we envisioned. He was incredibly flexible and it was no problem that we wanted to bring our own alcohol and dessert.

Rebecca was also a rock star- she was a logistical genius and helped us think through all sorts of things we hadn't considered yet. The wedding day itself was perfect - guests (many carnivores amongst them!) raved about the food, the presentation and Paul's pre-meal description. We also appreciated having plates made for us before the guests went to the buffet so we'd be sure to get to actually eat the food.

Working with Paul and Rebecca was easy and DELICIOUS - we'd highly recommend them.

Profile Picture User4759314, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Paul and Rebecca provided delicious food and professional service for our wedding of 220 guests. We knew we wanted a mediterranean theme, and Paul enthusiastically designed a perfect menu to go with our ideas. All of the food, but especially the appetizers (tzatziki, hummus, meatballs, olives) was fantastic and we had plenty of compliments. Rebecca is very detail-oriented and did a great job with the logistics . We were concerned that having one served buffet line would take too long for our guests to get through, but she said it would be the quickest way and in the end it worked out very well despite our reservations - everyone was served in a timely fashion and no one had to wait for too long. Overall Paul and Rebecca were very pleasant to work with and we are grateful for their work!

Profile Picture Eleni, 1/18/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Wonderful food, flexible with menu changes, very professional and reliable. And Paul found my husband and I at the reception, sat us down, gave us a plate of food, and made us eat. That was very much appreciated. :-)

Profile Picture User3640061, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Where to begin? I instantly liked Dionysus because they were the first caterer I called with my request for a split vegan (me) / omnivore (husband/family) wedding menu who didn't say "Oh well we can just take the meat out of that dish." Paul had coffee with me and brainstormed a menu that was creative, varied, and (as many, many guests noted) "the best wedding food ever." It wasn't just the food, as many have noted, Rebecca and team are excellent event planners who make sure everything is accounted for ahead of time so you can enjoy your day. We had a relaxed but elegant wedding, just like we wanted -- our one regret was that we were so busy we didn't have a chance to eat everything in sight, and are already scheming another way to hire Dionysus again! One piece of advice for brides and grooms: if you can, ask someone to prepare a plate for you, because you won't want to miss this food!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 9/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Paul and everyone at Dionysus' Kitchen were wonderful to work with. Paul did a great job helping us create a dream wedding. He and his wife Rebecca are extremely professional and well seasoned in their field. We felt at ease throughout the entire process and were left with no questions after our final walk through.

Our food was exceptional and we still have people talking about it. Paul was wonderful at helping us pick options that were within our price range.

Jordan was our floor captain for the evening and he did a wonderful job. He was available the entire night. He quickly fixed any issues we had. Everything went so smoothly that I can't think of anything that went wrong. And I know it was largely because of him and Paul. Paul even made a plate for children at the wedding who didn't like the "adult" food at the last minute.

We highly highly recommend Dionysus' Kitchen for any catering needs you have!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/14/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

I contacted Paul and Rebecca after reading through their website and a few reviews. My now-wife and I were looking for a catering company to provide good food for our wedding reception. We had some very unusual and specific menu requests to try and provide a taste of home for all of our guests, and Paul and Rebecca delivered! Not only was the food excellent, but they took care of all of our equipment rental, including decorations and linens. Throughout the entire process, they were eminently professional and incredibly personable. They responded promptly to our emails and calls and addressed our (many!) concerns and some last minute changes. The price was on the high side of our budget, but it was well worth it - we got everything we wanted and more, and Paul and Rebecca were happy to help us find places to trim costs in order to preserve what was important for us.

The most important aspect for us was the quality of the food. We have all been to weddings where the food felt like adequate, but mass-prepared and fairly generic fare. From the beginning, Paul was incredibly receptive to our needs and very knowledgeable and talented in the kitchen. He invited us to his home to taste the food planned for the event, and while we loved it we were concerned that the food at the event would not live up to what we had tasted at his house. The food at the event was just as delicious as the meal we had in Paul and Rebecca's dining room, and just as personal. We are still getting compliments from guests about how delicious everything was. We had a buffet-style dinner, so the waitstaff did not have to provide an overwhelming amount of service, but what they did do was executed flawlessly. I have no doubt that they would be just as exceptional for full service.

Overall, Paul and Rebecca were a joy to work with and we would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Jeff, 9/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We were looking for a creative, independent caterer whose values accorded with ours. In Rebecca and Paul's commitment to sharing local, sustainable, thoughtful food and service, we found even more than we would've dared ask for. In Dionysus Kitchen, you find an exceptionally professional, warm couple who think *with* you carefully--and at every stage from first tasting through final logistical details--about the kind of food and atmosphere you want to create for your wedding.

At our initial tasting with Paul, we were struck immediately by 3 things. First, his food is DELICIOUS. Second, Paul is an exceptionally warm, creative person. Third, he "got" that we really wanted simple good food that would appeal to both vegetarians (like the bride in this case) and carnivores alike. Paul designed a family-style menu of which several guests have said, "That's the best wedding food I've ever had." Additionally, and as other reviewers have noted, Paul and Rebecca were sensitive to our guests with allergies and other dietary needs, which ultimately makes those guests feel even more welcome and thought-about at your wedding.

Rebecca handles most of the logistical details Dionysus Kitchen's clients. She is that all-too-rare combination of complete professional and completely warm, thoughtful person. Quickly responsive and thoroughly organized, Rebecca worked with us on setting up our reception space in a way that would create the greatest comfort and flow for guests. Her big-picture ideas were fantastic, and I cannot say enough about her careful attention to the smallest details. We wanted to create a simple, joyful event and Rebecca helped us do just the right amount of planning to make the event feel effortless and welcoming.

Rebecca and Paul make you feel confident--and celebratory!--from the moment you meet them through your wedding itself. I was so happy just to see them both on our wedding day; I recommend them unequivocally.

Profile Picture Claire, 5/31/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Where do we begin? Choosing Dionysus' Kitchen was probably the best decisions we made among the many decisions we had to make during our wedding planning process. When we started looking for caterers we really wanted to find someone who was locally sourced and environmentally friendly (recycle!) as these were important factors for us. Not only was Dionysus big about recycling, but they were also conscious about minimizing the amount travel to and from venues (most of our meetings were conducted over skype or phone which made it convenient for us living in downtown DC).

Paul and Rebecca listened to our wishes and crafted a menu that suited our needs and our guests. And they made sure to keep things locally sourced as much as possible along with customizing menu items for our guest with dietary restrictions - they even made separate plates for our guest with nut-allergies, vegan and gluten-free diets!!! And the food - AMAZING! We are still hearing from guest how much they enjoyed the food. Nothing greasy/oil or tasted like it was made in bulk, the entire menu was delicious and healthy.

On the service side, Rebecca was very attentive to our needs and responded quickly to emails or phone calls. She was easy to talk to and offered several great recommendations when making decisions for day of services. She was very conscious about our guests needs and how the flow of the evening would go - making it a priority to keep our guest as comfortable as possible. She thought of everyones needs and truly came up with a site layout that was perfect for the type of experience we wanted to create.

We could not be happier with the whole experience and for choosing Dionysus' Kitchen as our wedding caterers! We hope we can find an excuse to use them again for future events and we will definitely recommend to other brides and grooms looking for top-notch caterers in the area.

Sincerely,