Diem Angie Co- Chicago Bridal Hair and Makeup Artist Team Reviews

80 | Chicago, IL

80 Reviews for Diem Angie Co- Chicago Bridal Hair and Makeup Artist Team

Kathy · Married on 05/28/2016

I had Diem do my mom's and my hair and makeup for my wedding on May 28, 2016. I couldn't be happier with her work! She and her team are master artists! Thank you for making me and my mom look glamorous!!

Sent on 01/16/2017

Alison · Married on 05/14/2016

I am getting married in St. Louis, but had my engagement shoot in Chicago, so I needed to find someone in the area to do my hair and makeup. I found Diem Angie on Yelp and, after reading the reviews, I decided to reach out and I am SO glad I did! She was very responsive and flexible with me as my schedule changed a bit in the days leading up to the appointment. She made me feel very comfortable during the process and I couldn't be happier with the results! I've only received a few sneak peek images from the shoot, but they are stunning and I have Diem Angie to thank for making it happen! I hope to stay in touch and hire her for my future hair and makeup needs! :)

Sent on 07/17/2015
  • Y

Yu · Married on 05/14/2016

They provided makeup and hairs for me and bridesmaid. We love our looking on wedding photos. The team is professional and responsible. We made our choice first, then they followed our favorite and gave some suggestions. Thanks for their help, I got a memorable wedding.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Crusita · Married on 12/31/2015

Diem did my hair and make up for myself and my bridal party. Diem was sweet and professional and always asked if everything was ok before proceeding to the next phase of make-up. Diem also offered expert advise on my dry area underneath my eyes - vitimin e tablets, break them up and smear gel under your eyes worked like a charm and on my wedding day my eyes were not so dry and looked rested. Diem didn't try to sell items I didn't need either, I was debating on false eyelashes and she said if it was not something I was going to keep up it did not make sense to purchase them because they were expensive, how refreshing to deal with someone that is looking out for your best interest. Diem was on-time and worked her magic for myself, my bridesmaids and two other individuals I threw in the mix a few days before. Diem handled everything with grace and a smile, she was a pleasure to work with and I would not hesitate to use her again.

Sent on 01/21/2016

Megan · Married on 10/17/2015

I felt like the most beautiful bride thanks to Diem Angie's team!! Pati did my bridal hair and make up and the hair for the bridal party. Each of my bridesmaids LOVED their hair and they looked beautiful! Tiffany did the make up for the moms and they received so many compliments!

Diem was very attentive and always responded to all of my emails and made sure everything was perfectly coordinated! Pati listened to me and incorporated all the ideas from various pictures to make sure my trial went perfectly.

My Grandmother died unexpectedly the day before the wedding and I was very upset and overwhelmed and Pati was so calming and made sure that I was ok. I can honestly say that Pati got me through that morning and I am so thankful she was there.

I would recommend Diem Angie's team to anyone!!

Sent on 11/05/2015
  • melbuhtoast

Melissa · Married on 10/11/2015

Diem was completely calming the day of, and I was so happy with her beautiful work. My hair and makeup were flawless for the entire day, which is saying something considering all of the hugs and moving around you do throughout the wedding day.

She and her team were available to do hair and makeup for myself, my four bridesmaids and my mother, and didn't grumble a bit when we had to start at 5am thanks to our 10am start for the wedding with pictures ahead of time. Diem is reliable and communicative, and I would recommend her and her amazing to anyone!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Carolyn · Married on 10/10/2015

After reading the wonderful reviews I booked Diem and her team for my wedding on 10/10/15. I had my trial in August and loved how Diem made my vision a reality. On my wedding day Diem and her team arrived at our hotel bright and early and stuck to our preplanned timeline. Diem and her team did a wonderful job on everyone, especially my 85 year old grandmother who looked absolutely fabulous! If you are looking for onsite hair and makeup don't hesitate and book Diem and her team! She even went above and beyond by helping my girls who didn't get their makeup done match their lip stick colors. Thanks Diem and team!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Maria · Married on 09/12/2015

I got married two weeks ago and could not wait to write a review about my wonderful experience with Diem's team. I had the pleasure to work with Beth and Nikki, as hair and makeup artists. They were very professional, friendly and enjoyable. Nikki was able to capture the idea I had for my wedding makeup without any problem. I wanted to look like myself, yet still looked like the bride and she made this happen. Beth, did some old Hollywood waves for me as I wanted to wear my hair down. I also had an Idea that she was able to create and she incorporated my head piece on the side perfectly. My overall look was jut what I had envisioned, natural yet classy. I could not be happier to have chosen these ladies for my big day :)

Sent on 09/28/2015
  • Sandy

Cassandra · Married on 06/27/2015

Diem and her team of artists are definitely a pleasure to work with. Diem was prompt to respond and flexible in accomodating my dates. She and her team (Alexandra for my make-up & Pati for my hair) really went the extra mile to ensure that I was comfortable with the way I look and that it was exactly what I had envisioned it to be.

It started with the trial. As I wanted to have the trial exactly on the same day as my pre-wedding photoshoot, I had to keep changing my trial dates due to the bad weather. Diem, Alex & Pati were flexible to accomodate my requests. They also proactively asked for my feedback as to whether I was comfortable with the colours used, the way my eyebrows were drawn etc. and gave me suggestions on how they can tweak the look until I was satisfied with it. I definitely felt I was in good hands!

On the day of the wedding, Pati & Alex arrived punctually and worked their magic on my 5 bridesmaids, mother, MIL & me. Everyone looked gorgeous! They were even sweet enough to accomodate our last minute requests for my mother and MIL to have their hair styled even though this had not been scheduled as per our initial arrangement. Our day would not have been as perfect without them.

I would highly recommend Diem & her team of artists for your wedding or special occasion. You will not regret it!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Laura · Married on 03/07/2015

First, Diem did my hair and makeup for a friend's wedding, and I looked SO GOOD! So, when it was my turn to get married, I knew exactly who to go to. We we went to Mexico for the wedding and I was worried about my hair and makeup staying put in the humid climates, so I was really happy to find out that Diem travels for destination weddings.

We did a trial ahead of time (which I highly recommend, because I was totally convinced I needed a smoky eye for my wedding day until Diem showed me the light) and on the day of, damn I looked amazing. And I'm not even bragging... I give full credit to Diem! Since it was a destination, she didn't have her full team with her.. and she was like a ninja the day of, whipping out the perfect, romantic, beachy updos for my girls, and then she worked her magic on me.

My hair was poufed and curled more perfectly than it ever has been, my eye makeup was somehow totally glam but still natural, and my skin looked just as flawless in person as it did in all of the pictures. And despite some serious heat, intense wind, and 4+ hours of dance moves... I looked pretty much the exact same at midnight as I did when she spun me around to check myself out in her makeup chair.

I can't recommend her enough - she's funny, sweet, makes everyone feel comfortable, and is ultimately a total pro.

Sent on 03/11/2015

Jodie · Married on 01/17/2015

Diem did an AMAZING job with my hair!! She did my hair, along with 3 other girls, for my wedding. She was able to create an up-do that was exactly what I wanted and it looked flawless. My hair lasted all day and all night. I didn't have to do any touch ups on my own or add any extra bobby pins to keep things in place. Everything stayed put.

She was extremely easy to work with. Diem always replied to my emails quickly and answered each of my questions. She was very efficient and finished each girls hair earlier than expected.

Diem also had a very positive and upbeat attitude. :) She was genuinely interested in my wedding day and kept asking me questions about my wedding. She made each girl feel comfortable about their hair and was able and willing to do whatever they requested.

About a month after the wedding, she sent a follow-up email asking how everything went and requested to see the wedding photos. I felt that that was very thoughtful and professional of her. To me, this shows that even after the wedding day has passed, she still cares about her clients and their satisfaction with her service.

If you are reading this review and considering Diem as your hair stylist, CHOOSE HER!!!! You will be so thankful that you did!

Sent on 03/02/2015

Rebecca · Married on 10/25/2014

Angie is amazing. Even though we were many states apart (I was in San Diego at the time) she managed to work things out with me. I trusted her fully to make me look glowing on my day. I received many compliments on my make up that day. She helped make sure I was on top of my make up and did touch up for me very quick. I loved my hair! A low messy bun. I would recommend her to my friends and to every bride out there!

Thank you so much for everything! You made me look just how I wanted to look. :)

Sent on 07/07/2015

Christi · Married on 09/28/2014

Diem Angie did my hair and makeup for my wedding in September 2014. She did an amazing job and I could not have been any happier. She made sure my hair and makeup was perfect throughout the ceremony and reception. She even changed my hair do from an up do for the ceremony to a half up for the reception. She was extremely professional and pleasant to work with. I would highly recommend working with her.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Kristen · Married on 08/31/2014

Diem did a fabulous job with my makeup and hair for my wedding. She was prompt and professional throughout the entire process leading up to my big day. She was on time the day of and great to work with. My hair and makeup stayed flawless all night and the pictures look amazing. She made me feel calm throughout the process and was willing to fix things until everything was perfect. She is a perfectionist and I felt perfect!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Jing · Married on 08/28/2014

Diem was fantastic to work with. I needed hair and makeup services for an engagement shoot a week out and got in touch. During the session at the salon, I showed her some pictures to give her an idea of what I was looking for and she knew exactly what to do. She was efficient and assuring, constantly checking in to see if the look was something I was comfortable with. I was very pleased with the outcome and look forward to seeing how the pictures turn out! Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/04/2014
  • I

Isabella · Married on 08/23/2014

I had never had my makeup done before and I had a wedding to attend on August 23, 2014. I knew I wanted to have my hair and makeup done by a good friend from college. I contacted Diem as soon as I could to book an appointment for hair and makeup. A few days before the appointment, my mom asked if it was possible to have her hair done as well. After a quick email back and forth with Diem, my mother and I were on our way to her salon in the Bucktown area. Diem was ready and waiting for us when we arrived. We quickly went over what I wanted for my hair to look like as well as what my makeup would look like and she got started. My mother watched as Diem worked on my makeup and once she finished, we were in awe as to how amazing and flawless it looked. Diem started working on my hair and once she finished, the look was so much better than the inspiration photos I sent earlier in the week. I felt amazing the entire night.

My mom was up next, and my mom has short hair but Diem worked her magic and the volume that was added held up all night. We received so many compliments from the other guests of the wedding reception. My mom kept commenting on how quickly Diem works and that the results really show her passion for her work-- which is key for any hair and makeup artist.

I would easily and without hesitation recommend Diem to anyone and everyone. She keeps everything professional and she does not waste any time. Diem explains things as she goes along and asks questions whenever needed to make sure that you as the client are satisfied with the result. I loved my hairstyle and my makeup. I even had the bride herself asking me who did my look (and she herself looked beyond stunning!!)

I know that when my special day comes, it is without a doubt who I will trust to do my hair and my makeup. The only touch up I did was lip gloss, from the Diem Angie collection of course.

Sent on 03/04/2015

Teresa · Married on 06/20/2014

Nothing but great things to say about Diem! She did my hair and make-up for my wedding last weekend and it looked amazing. I received many compliments and my bridesmaids were thrilled with their hair and make-up, as well.

Diem responds promptly to e-mails, arrived early to get us started, and even finished ahead of schedule. She really wants to give you the look you are comfortable with. I know nothing about hair and make-up but during my trial she asked all the right questions to be able to create what I didn't even know I was going for.

My hair and make-up held up through the night and I really could not be happier with the whole experience. She is very friendly and fun, too. Book with Diem!!!

Sent on 07/02/2014

I had a wonderful experience with Diem recently. She was very professional and efficient throughout the whole process but at the same time, very personable and interactive. She did my hair and makeup for headshots and her work is extremely amazing. I've never felt so flawless and glamorous before, and honestly, I've never thought I could look that way. Diem knew the perfect makeup application to make my prominent features stand out in photographs while bringing out subtle features that I never knew I had (if I may say so myself). It was such a pleasant time with Diem and I was really satisfied with not only the wonderful look she created for me, but the newfound confidence that she brought out in me.

Sent on 03/04/2015

Kai L. · Married on 02/08/2014

Diem is a talented enterprising young lady with a lot of spunk! I engaged her to do my hair and make up for our ceremony at the cultural center. After my email enquiries, she was very enthusiastic in her follow-up, managed to fit me in for a trial at a very short notice, and was so accomodating for the timings (She waited in her studio until I got off work!). Her work ethic is superb. The day of the ceremony, she showed up early and was all ready to go. I was so happy with her hair and make-up, I was reluctant to take it off at the end of the night! Just let her know your preferences, and she works very hard to give you what you want.

Sent on 02/23/2014

She's got the magic touch and very attentive to detail. Such an amazing make-up artist!

Sent on 11/29/2013

Joanna · Married on 05/03/2013

Diem is the best! She did my hair and make up while I was in Chicago for
    a black tie event. I booked her based off reviews I read and I'm happy to say they were all right! Diem is truly an artist! She has a great eye for detail and great hands...a feather light touch! She asked a few questions about the look I was going for and I showed a picture and she worked total magic! I love how she gave me a red carpet look with what seemed so effortless. I felt like a million! She showed up a few minutes early and finished right on time. I got so many compliments...both hair and make up held up perfectly throughout a night of dancing. I could not have been more pleased with everything. Plus, she is a total doll and so easy to work with. She even gave me some great tips and recommendations for makeup :) Can't wait to work with her again! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Diem Angie Nguyen from Chicago Bridal Hair and Makeup did my hair and makeup for my wedding this past March. She was very professional but also very easy to talk to and such a nice person! She made me look like a princess on my wedding day and I have never looked better! I hate taking pictures but after I saw my reflection I had no worries!
    My 3 sister-in-laws were my bridesmaids and they have their own person for hair and makeup that they regularly go to. I decided to do a trial at their house a month before the wedding with Diem. She was so patient and wonderful! She answered every question they had. After they saw my trial the group was super confident in my choice of beauty artist. BTW do the trial! I went really dramatic for it and when my wedding did come around I decided to go lighter which was even better than the trial. I was worried I wouldn’t look like “me” in my wedding pics but Diem worked magic and I looked like me but flawless. Go for the airbrush foundation, so light you can’t tell it’s there but looks so good in pictures.0
    Diem and her team got started on 3 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and myself at 9:30 and we were done by 1:30. My girls looked fabulous!!! My hair and makeup lasted all night. Her prices are very competitive and SO worth it. Thank You so much Diem for making my husbands eyes pop out lol! See yelp for pics

Sent on 04/09/2013

Claudia · Married on 09/15/2012

I absolutely adore Diem! I hired her for my wedding day to do my hair and she 110% created the style i was looking for. My hair was done by 8am and literally looked perfect till 2am when our reception was over. Not only did she make me look perfect, but when my mom(who can beat Simon Cowell in the art of critiquing) saw my hair after our trail she immediately made me cancel her appointment with another stylist and had me call Diem 2 days before the wedding to see if she can also squeeze her in, and of course, she did. Diem was timely, professional, and very sweet. I would highly recommend her, and that says a lot coming from someone who has been in the modeling industry for over 11 years and have worked with TONS of hair stylists.

Thank you Diem for your amazing work!! I will absolutely be giving you a call in the future for any of my hair styling needs!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Jane · Married on 09/02/2012

Diem was wonderful. I was a last-minute add-on, as I had been looking unsuccessfully online for hair/makeup artists who were familiar with Asian clientel, and I only found her 2 wks before the wedding. Luckily, Diem had enough availability and could add me in. We scheduled a hair consultation, which got rescheduled several times due to last-minute changes in my schedule, but Diem didn't even blink an eye. She was calm, courteous, and flexible, and we eventually found a time that worked for us both. I was very impressed by her work. I'm one of those people that beauticians probably dread, because I never know what I want, and I can't articulate my likes/dislikes. We started out by perusing a number of photos, and she expertly picked out common features of images that appealed to me and those that didn't. The style that she provided was beautiful, durable, and exactly what I wanted. We did something similar with the makeup for the wedding day. The final product was gorgeous and received many compliments, and, best of all, I felt that she managed to create something that was reflective of my own personality and sense of style (only much much nicer!) rather than something that was totally not me. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a professional, responsive, talented, friendly stylist/makeup artist (and she does photography, too!)

Sent on 09/07/2012

Jennifer · Married on 08/12/2012

Living out of state I had a hard time making a decision on choosing someone I did not know to style my hair and makeup. The thought of not being able to trouble to have a consultation made me nervous. However, I was happy with the service I was given from my initial contact with Diem. The day of the wedding she arrived with her team on time and ready to go. After having my hair and makeup done I wasn't loving the up-do I had chosen and became emotional. They quickly calmed me down and began taking my hair down and curling it. I was so happy that no one was mad or offended and I was able to have it redone. I am so thankful I chose Diem and her team to do mine and my wedding party's hair and makeup. I love they way everything looks in the pictures. I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 09/22/2012