Did Someone Say Party? Reviews

28 | Boone, NC

28 Reviews for Did Someone Say Party?

melanie · Married on 11/13/2016

We visited dress shops all over Charlotte, Hickory and Gastonia. We had hoped for that "say yes to the dress" kind of attention, detail and magic, but we never experienced it until we went to Boone and visited Did Someone Say Party? Donna was the perfect hostess. She helped with every try on selection, and her seamstress skills helped so much as she expertly pinned the gowns (didn't use those ridiculous chip clips) so the bride to be could see how her future gown would look. She listened to what my daughter wanted, and she provided her with the perfect dress. She didn't oversell her gowns, and her selection is amazing! She gave us the experience we had been looking for, and you can tell her brides mean a lot to her!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Did Someone Say Party?'s reply:

Thank you so much for all of your kind words! We do enjoy our brides, especially when they are as sweet as you guys. Thank you for trusting us with these special memories!

Karami · Married on 09/12/2015

Did Someone Say Party has the most wonderful staff I could have ever dreamed of working with! So helpful and accommodating!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Did Someone Say Party?'s reply:

Thank you for your sweet words Karami! I've enjoyed knowing you all of your life and it was my pleasure to help with this most important day. May love always follow you and Landon!

T · Married on 08/29/2015

Awesome! Tell all your friends. They are perfect. I can not say enough good things about these girls. They made buying a wedding dress for my daughter, Elly, a wonderful experience for both of us. She will forever be my go to girl!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Did Someone Say Party?'s reply:

We love our sweet customers! Thank you so much for all the kind words and we can not wait to see pictures and hear about the day.

The owner and employees are awesome to work with! You can spend all day trying on dresses- unlike most bridal shops where a 1 hour appointment is required. Their Maggie Sottero collection is gorgeous and everything was reasonably priced! Definitely the place to go for a wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses!!!

Sent on 03/06/2015

Did Someone Say Party?'s reply:

Such a wonderful review! Thank you so much for all of your sweet words. No rules or regulations in this our salon, come in and make yourself at home!

Michelle · Married on 10/25/2014

Donna is the best there is and the dress selection was amazing!!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Did Someone Say Party?'s reply:

Thank you Michelle! We enjoyed working with you and all your girls and we certainly appreciate the pictures.

The owner's name is Donna, and she is amazing!
    I think I tried on every dress in the store!
    The building is 3 stories high, the top floor is all sales dresses. There is an entire wall of $200 wedding dresses, and a wall of $99 bridesmaid dresses. Great for budget conscious shoppers...
    She also has a floor of new, top designer dresses. Something for everyone :)
    I shopped at several stores before finding "The One" here. I love that she is local, and she is great to work with.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Did Someone Say Party?'s reply:

Thank you so much for the sweet words!
    We need to hire you for our PR department.

Callie · Married on 06/28/2014

Donna and her crew are amazing! Not only did they help me find the perfect dress, but they were always ahead of schedule! Highly recommend Did Someone Say Party!

Sent on 12/29/2014
  • User4123187 · event on 05/10/2014

Everyone is so sweet and nice! Very excellent service!

Sent on 05/23/2014

Lakyn · event on 05/10/2014

I absolutely love shopping at Did Someone Say Party! Donna, the owner, is super friendly and even after meeting her once you feel like you have known her your whole life! Everyone who works here is a lot of help and you can tell they enjoy their job. I'm really sad that my prom days are over, but I definitely plan to give DSSP another go around whenever it's time for me to say "I do!"

Sent on 01/05/2015

Rebekah · Married on 06/22/2013

I was so excited to work with Donna and her staff at Did Someone Say Party. They did a wonderful job helping me find the dress of my dreams and altering it so it fit me perfect. They were also great when it came to finding tuxes that would would match my wedding, and making sure all the guys looked great. Overall a great experience that in turn helped me stress about one less thing!

Sent on 07/09/2013

LOVE THEM! I came in about nine months before my wedding with a packet of ideas. However, none of the dresses I had thought about turned out to be the one. Instead, we found "the one" on their clearance rack - it was a last season dress, but it was so unique and beautiful that I didn't want to take it off! Their staff is AMAZING at coordinating everyone's attire (and we had a bridal party of 10 plus parents!). They are always willing to help out, whether you are calling or walking in out of the blue. I was up there all the time trying out shoes and doing fittings until it was perfect. I even had the pleasure of meeting their seamstress, who is an absolutely wonderful woman! Donna and her girls will not disappoint you, and neither will the selection of dresses! I will go back for any special occasion I have from now on!

Sent on 06/15/2013
  • F

Fabienne · Married on 05/18/2013

If I could give Donna and her team a 10 I would! I absolutely loved going in there every time! Donna knows her stuff and is wonderful to work with. I wish I could buy wedding gowns all the time from her!

Sent on 06/06/2013
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/16/2012

Donna and her staff were more than accommodating. She even delivered my wedding dress the night before and steamed it on site. They were wonderful and I will continue to shop there for cocktail and formal attire.

Sent on 01/17/2012

Clara · Married on 12/10/2011

We could not have been more pleased with Donna and the staff. Everyone was wonderful and provided the best experience possible. So pleased in fact, that she will be doing everything for my other daughter's wedding on May 12. She has such a great eye for colors and for coordinating!!!

Sent on 01/18/2012

Lori · Married on 06/11/2011

I first found Did Someone Say Party when I was a student at Appalachian State. I loved looking at the pretty dresses and was always amazed at the beautiful selection available.
    There was never a doubt in my mind that I would make my way back to Boone to select my wedding gown. I now live in Charlotte, which is just a short drive away and so absolutely worth the trip!!!
    The selection of gowns, both new and discontinued, is just fantastic!!! Donna is a pro, she knows her information, she knows what works, and she makes you comfortable, and at ease in a process that can sometimes be a little overwhelming.
    Whenever I called the store the staff was always helpful and pleasant. Theresa, the seamstress, did a fantastic job on the bustle and cups we added to my gown. I was on cloud 9 that I found the dress that made me feel the way I always knew that I wanted to feel on my special day!

Sent on 08/04/2011

Lori · Married on 06/11/2011

Donna and her team were absolutely amazing to work with!!! I was so appreciative of all that they did to help me realize my dream day with my dream dress!!! I have recommended Did Someone Say Party many times!! I am so thankful that they were there every step of the way!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Olivia · Married on 06/04/2011

Everyone at Did Someone Say Party is helpful, caring, and respectful. I would recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 03/03/2012

Stephanie · Married on 11/13/2010

Naturally I wouldn't have used anyone else for my wedding for obvious reasons but the world deserves to know exactly how wonderful Donna and her staff and DSSP actually is. There is nothing that they wouldn't do to keep each and every bride happy. They are all truly amazing and anyone would be more than pleased with their services.

Thank you!

Sent on 11/17/2010

kelly ann · Married on 10/02/2010

Donna makes you feel right at home from the minute you enter her store.
    She guides you in such a way and helps you with your wedding dress and gives suggestions that are wonderful. She makes adjustments to your dress that enhance the way it looks on you. I can not say enough on the level of service and knowledge as what goes with what and accessories as well.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Kaitlin · Married on 05/28/2010

I got my bridal gown from DDSP? and I am so glad I did. Donna was ALWAYS helpful when I came in to get fitted and would always be so sweet and pay attention to everything I asked. I would definately go back to her (if I ever needed a formal gown or anything) and best of all, the prices there were great! I LOVED my gown, and wish I could wear it everyday!

Thanks DDSP!!!!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Suzanne · Married on 01/30/2010

Ed and I LOVE Donna and her staff! We were Married in January 2010 in the Dominican Republic. Donna helped us choose 2 gowns for me and a gown for my mother! While working with Donna we could tell she really loves what she does, she offers her opinions and helps with giving advise about planning. She has a Large shop with a Large selection of dresses of all kinds. I probably tried on 40 dresses in a period of 3 weeks. Then of course I ended up getting the very 1st one I tired on (for the ceremony)
    Since we had our wedding out of the country, she was a great asset to have! Ed and I have referred several new couples to her. We live 2 hrs from her shop, and would make the drive as needed until the gowns were ready! She is a great person(has a good soul), not pushy, and has a heart of gold.
    Love Suzanne & Ed V. Asheville, NC

Sent on 08/04/2011

Sarah · Married on 01/01/2010

I loved working with Donna at Did someone say party?. I found the perfect dress and everything after was so easy. The alterations were perfect and I was able to come and try on my dress anytime!

Sent on 01/18/2010

Sarah · Married on 06/28/2008

We rented tuxes for the groom and groomsmen at "Did Someone Say Party?". The prices were reasonable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The tuxes looked great when they arrived. High recommended!

Sent on 09/04/2008

Haley · Married on 03/22/2008

Donna and the staff at Did Someone Say Party are awesome. They are quick, efficient, and give each girl personal attention. I recently purchased my bridal gown from DSSP and now all my bridesmaids are buying their gowns there. I went to several shops "off the mountain", but found the selection, quality, and most importantly customer service to be much better at DSSP. It's hard to believe that a shop in Boone can compete with Hickory, Charlotte, and Gastonia, but it's true. I wish I hadn't wasted my time and gas money going anywhere else now! If you want to walk into a store and have someone be able to fit you in the best gowns for your body immediately, go to Donna! Her advice has been invaluable to me!

Sent on 06/27/2011

I didn't have to worry about a thing when it came to making sure my dress was perfect. Donna and her staff are absolutely wonderful.

Sent on 09/25/2012