Diana Thornton Events Reviews

11 | Bonney Lake, WA

11 Reviews for Diana Thornton Events

Kim · Married on 12/27/2014

We were doing an out of town wedding (we are from the Bay Area) and had a very tight timeline for our post-Christmas wedding. I've known Diana for years, so she was obviously my first choice to hire when things got a bit too hectic and down to the wire! I was so overwhelmed with all of the last minute questions from the vendors and my family who were trying to help out. But once Diana stepped in, all those feelings of being overwhelmed went away. I could finally enjoy the days leading up to the wedding because I knew that everything was being handled, and being handled well above and beyond what I could ever do. She knew what questions to ask, who to ask, and when to ask them. The day of the wedding went so incredibly smoothly - I could not have asked for a better wedding planner for my wedding!! If you want a worry-free wedding and a lovely go-to person to work with on a day-to-day basis who strives to make sure the bride and groom are stress free, then Diana is definitely the wedding planner for you! I cannot say enough good things about my experience with her - you won't regret hiring her for your special occasion!!

Thanks Diana!

Sent on 01/05/2015

Joanie · Married on 07/18/2014

Diana was an absolute delight to work with and from the first returned phone call made me comfortable, certain, and excited about using her services. She listened closely to what we wanted to share and experience with our guests and guided us to finding the best vendors to achieve it. I can with confidence recommend her for both personal and exceptional service!

Sent on 07/22/2014

D'Lani · Married on 08/17/2013

If you are looking for somebody who is both down to earth and who will take care of all of your wedding planning needs, all the while exceeding every expectation, then Diana is your go-to gal. She truly went above and beyond for us on our wedding, from herding the crazy cats, to tidying up all the final details at the end. When interviewing various wedding coordinators, Diana was the only one to ask the most essential questions from the start. While all of the other coordinators wanted to talk only on the phone, keeping track of every minute that we spoke, eager to insert their opinions & point out any flaws in my planning - Diana took the time to come & meet with me in person, to buy me a cup of coffee & to get to know me truly as a person. In fact, the first question that Diana asked me was "How did you and Nelson meet?" Such a simple, yet truly important question to ask! None of the other coordinators even bothered to ask me that! Diana showed up the day before the wedding to help decorate & helped keep our families on schedule throughout the rehearsal & believe me, my family is a little crazy, so this was not an easy task; yet, Diana did so with a graceful yet take-charge attitude. Although I was busy getting ready during the actual wedding day & did not have the oppty to communicate w/Diana, she ensured that my vision was carried out & that the entire event ran smoothly. Diana really did ensure that my husband & I were "kept in the bubble". We did not see or know of any of the chaotic moments that must have crept up & our day was incredible! Furthermore, we wound up leaving some important items behind at the venue & Diana offered to drive all the way back out to the island & pick up all of our items. End to end & beyond, Diana is AMAZING and well worth the investment. Not only that, but she is incredibly priced, which just goes to show, that she truly loves what she is doing. WE LOVE YOU DIANA & THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Sylvia · Married on 12/31/2012

Diana, Thank you so much for providing exceptional service and advice during the planning period of our wedding to the actual wedding day! We could not have done this without you. Since our first meeting in October, we knew your expertise and confidence would get us through the big day with ease. We used Just In Time Events for day-of-coordination for our NYE wedding, which included coordinating vendors, preparing a wedding schedule for the vendors and wedding party, help with setting up the event, staying late to take-down the event, and many many more other things. She also gave us a variety of recommendations and contacts for vendors. Double kudos for staying late on NYE to take-down the events. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

Sent on 01/07/2013

Kiara · Married on 07/14/2012

My new husband and I hired Just In Time Event Coordinating to handle our Day Of planning for our wedding on July 14th, 2012. We are so glad that we did! Diana was easily the best decision that we made in our wedding planning process.
    She was incredibly professional, thorough and when I needed ideas on how to handle decor like my table assignments she was right there with information and examples for me.
    It was extremely nice as the bride to be able to enjoy my wedding day and not have to worry about the details because Just In Time Event Coordinating was there to handle them for me! I recommend them to anyone who is in need of event planning services.

Sent on 07/23/2012
  • Miranda

Miranda · Married on 07/18/2015

We hired Diana primarily for day-of wedding coordination, but she provided much more! She helped us in selecting a few of our vendors, which was so helpful as we have not been to many weddings and often felt lost in all the options. She attended the meetings with us which made us feel so comfortable and knew the right questions to ask. We had a little over a year to plan the wedding, and we felt like Diana really took a lot of time to get to know my husband and I during that period, which we really appreciated. I am a person who likes to plan and organize (and can be a bit controlling) but Diana was flexible and easy-going. She is extremely thoughtful and you can tell she is very passionate about what she does! Diana is also very, very knowledgeable. She is professional and responsive; she was always quick to respond to my emails, and always gave lots of helpful details! Our wedding day would definitely not have gone as smoothly and as perfectly as it did without Diana's help. She was very helpful along the way, and kept us on track, but we really can't thank her enough for all the work and coordinating she did on our big day. She went above and beyond to make sure we had the best day ever! I'd definitely recommend Diana if you are in need of wedding planning services!

Sent on 08/06/2015
  • O

Olivia · Married on 08/31/2014

We had multiple people tell us that our wedding was the best wedding they had ever been to, and it would not have been possible without Diana. She took the time to get to know us and figure out what we wanted and then did everything in her power to make that happen. We booked her as a day-of coordinator, but she ended up finding and renting decorations, picking them up, and returning them. Not only that, but she also took on purchasing supplies for and arranging our centerpieces. She was completely behind-the-scenes on the day of the wedding, but always seemed to appear just when I needed to ask her questions. Our only very slight snag was an issue with some transportation, but everyone got where they needed to go and overall, people still really enjoyed all the transportation provided. (And to be honest, my husband added this to Diana's plate a little late in the game, so it wasn't her fault.)

Overall, Diana went above and beyond in every aspect of her job for us. She kept me organized and on point, but not in an overbearing way. Her communication was superb and we often had responses to our emails within an hour. She took all our last- minute changes in stride and made them happen with seemingly no effort. I wouldn't have wanted anything different in a coordinator.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Beth · Married on 08/29/2015

When my fiance and I started planning our wedding we knew a day-of coordinator was critical, and we met with a few potential coordinators. We really enjoyed meeting Diana because she took the time to get to know us as a couple and we had fun during our first conversation. For a day-of coordinator (who typically would start working with the couple in the months preceding the wedding), we got so much attention from Diana throughout the year leading up to our wedding, much more than we expected at the outset! I felt like she went above and beyond to be responsive to us and help with things that sometimes we hadn't even thought about yet. I was brainstorming the things we most appreciated about Diana which you can read below:

- She cared about us as people and made a point to get to know us
    - The whole wedding day was totally under control
    - Very helpful and proactive in last minute changes (we had A LOT of these!)
    - Worked really well with our other vendors including the main coordinator at our venue
    - Really thoughtful wedding gift that was totally unexpected (I don't want to spoil the surprise for other couples!)
    - Always punctual/early
    - Seemed very experienced and knew what questions to ask of our vendors
    - Comfortable collaborating with other vendors to put the perfect timeline together

Our priority in hiring a coordinator was to make sure our guests had a great time and that the day flowed, and to take stress off of us and our families on the day of the wedding. This is the exact result we got and we have the happiest memories of our wonderful wedding day.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Meredith · Married on 06/28/2014

I am very grateful that both my caterer and photographer referred me to Diana after a panicked late-night email from me, desperate for a day-of coordinator. Being an event planner, I thought I could do it all myself, realized very close to the wedding that I didn't want to spend the day supervising logistics, and found myself in the very capable hands of Diana. Diana took charge immediately, asked all the necessary questions, created all the right documents, handled all my vendor communications, and took charge of everything the day of with grace and competence. I especially appreciated her firmly telling me to "go back inside!" when I wandered out to see how things were going! Diana is a great value, a down-to-earth and knowledgeable planner, and a great asset on your wedding day, I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Elvetine · Married on 11/23/2013

3.0

Our wedding turned out beautiful and we couldn't of asked for anything better. Diana did really well and had great ideas. The cost was excellent and takes the time to do things by hand herself. Her communication was 100% which we really appreciate. The only low ratings was her stress level as it got closer to the wedding date. Never voicing her stress but often wearing it on her sleeves. At times didn't like to push for results, Also wish she would've took more charge and speaking up at the wedding rehearsal.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Diana Thornton Events's reply:

Thank you for your candid review! I enjoyed being creative with your wedding and thank you for allowing me to exercise that option. I strive to always be at the upmost professional at all times, and if you felt I was not being professional I truly apologize. I am not sure if I am understanding where I wasn't pushing for results or taking charge during the rehearsal. I wanted to make sure everyone knew their cues and were confident on the day of your wedding, I truly felt that we achieved that. However, it seems that you felt that this was not done to your liking. I really look at each and every event I do and try my best to learn and understand where I can improve, so your opinions really matter to me and my company. If you could contact me to discuss this further I would really appreciate it. I am very happy that you and your husband had a wonderful wedding day and that all of your guests enjoyed their time as well.

~Diana

Nicole · Married on 08/03/2013

4.2
      2.5

Our wedding was double booked with another so Diana passed us off to another coordinator 4 weeks before our wedding. Though we were initially unhappy with the change, she made sure we were in good hands & our wedding turned out great.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Diana Thornton Events's reply:

As a small business owner, this is not the best scenrio to have for anyone. You deserved a better experience and I wasn't able to provide that, and for that I am truly sorry. You both were so gracious and patient during the transition and I am so grateful to both of you for that. My very best to you and your husband and to many years of love, joy and happiness.

~Diana