Diana Rothery Photography Reviews

13 | San Anselmo, CA

13 Reviews for Diana Rothery Photography

jamie · Married on 10/25/2015

My wife and I both felt extremely comfortable with Diana, who was apparently everywhere but never in the way; "she was an invisible magician" is a direct quote, and my best friend called her a ninja. She is genuinely invested in her work, and was good at finding the balance between directing you into place and letting you lead. We chose Diana because I didn't have (or want) a shot list, or traditional photos of my dress in a window or our rings on my shoes or any of that. I wanted an artist to document our huge day of love, and we found one. The photos were amazing, she was extremely professional in her timely and thorough communication, and we truly felt like we could both let go and just enjoy the night without worrying about whether or not something was caught on film. Our wedding was better because of choosing Diana as the photographer.

Sent on 04/16/2016

Brett · Married on 08/20/2015

I don't think our San Francisco City Hall Elopement would have been as amazing if we wouldn't have had Diana as our photographer. We came from out of town, so not only was she there to help us go through the whole wedding process at City Hall, she also took us around town in an Uber for different cool city shots, and dropped us off at an amazing restaurant that she suggested at the end of our photo session.

She had a few shots ready for us to drool over by the next morning, which was great because we were able to email pics to all of our family back home. Then all of our photos were ready one week later so that we could share them all at our wedding celebration when we returned from our honeymoon. Everyone gushed over our unique, artsy photos from our epic wedding day!

My new husband and I couldn't be happier with Diana, and we would highly recommend her to any couple looking for a unique, fun wedding experience!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Jessica · Married on 06/14/2015

Diana is incredibly talented and a pleasure to work with!! Diana photographed our wedding and the pictures are stunning. She shoots documentary style so they tell the story of the day. The pictures truly capture our emotions and the personalities of our friends and family. Diana was also happy to shoot standard portrait pics, too, so that you have a mix of traditional and documentary style. Diana listened to our preferences and executed perfectly! She is a gifted photographer and an overall really nice person. My husband and I researched 30+ photographers (we wanted to guarantee that our photos would be spectacular). Diana - by far- is the best out there. There's a magical quality to the images that Diana captures. My photos from our wedding make me cry tears of joy because they are so beautiful - they are a perfect memory of the day.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Diana was recommended to me by a friend and I am so happy I went with her. My husband and I wanted someone who could capture all the moments of our wedding rather than just having staged pictures. Diana sure succeeded in doing that, her pictures are beautiful and touching!

Sent on 04/28/2015

Kristin · Married on 09/20/2013

We found Diana just by googling wedding photographers and were just blown away with her photos. She took our engagement and wedding photos and we just loved them. Particularly for the wedding photos, our guests even mentioned how unobstrusive she was, and she had a really good sense of capturing all the right moments and the right things. We love them and could not have been happier with our choice.

Sent on 01/09/2014

Nathan · Married on 08/17/2013

We couldn't of wished for a better photographer! Even if Diana was not photographing our wedding, We would of wanted her there anyway because she is so cool. All the wedding photo's turned out amazing. Diana capture our wedding day and the surrounding area with a beautiful style of photography. We have received a lot of complements on our wedding pictures and everyone had a lot of fun with the photo both hour Diana put together. Diana, we loved working with you and we can't thank you enough for helping us relive our wedding through such incredible photos!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Shawna · Married on 08/03/2013

Diana was absolutely a joy to work with, and she is such an amazing photographer! The photos from our wedding day turned out better than we could have ever imagined! On the day she was never in the way, always just in the right place at the right time to capture all the candid feelings and emotions of the day. I didn’t even know she was at the ceremony at the time, but then realized that she captured everything, all the angles and all the moments. Amazing. There also were just enough posed family photos balanced in with all of the absolutely stunning candid shots that still bring me to tears. The vibe of the day and the joy and happiness of me, my husband, our friends and families really shines through in our photos making these lasting memories we will cherish forever.

Not only was Diana fantastic to work with on the day, but she is so sweet and cares so much for her clients that we always felt like she was available for any questions we ever had. We did an engagement shoot before the wedding and have since worked with her to have an album made, which was absolutely STUNNING!

All in all there just aren’t enough words to describe how happy we were that we went with Diana as our photographer. I wouldn’t change it for anything and still recommend her to everyone I know who is getting married.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/11/2013

If it were possible for me to give more than five stars to Diana in this review I would.

Diana was referred to us by friends who used her for their wedding and engagement pictures. After viewing their pictures and the work on her site, we were sold on using her for our wedding.

Diana has a masterful skill for photographing a wedding in a way that tells the story of your day so well it makes you feel like you are there again. She captured all of the main components of the wedding (walking down the isle, first dance, cake cutting, etc.) and candids of things we did not even know happened until we got our pictures back. We were extremely pleased with the amount and range of photographs she took. The artistry of her pictures is beautiful, and we have received compliments on our pictures from many friends and family members.

From viewing her photography, we knew Diana was a skilled photographer but were overwhelmed by her professionalism. She is calm, in-charge, and has a wonderfully positive and reassuring attitude that is more than welcome during a hectic wedding day. There were a lot of photography restrictions at our venues that she was able to work through without issue. She delivered our pictures exactly when she said she would, and was always responsive to questions we had.

We have, and will continue to recommend Diana to friends and family. You would be lucky to have her as a photographer and will not be disappointed.

Sent on 01/07/2014

Amy · Married on 03/23/2013

Diana was amazing! We are not good at having our pictures taken, but she was super mellow and friendly and made us feel really comfortable. Her work is gorgeous. We didn't want the typical boring wedding style... she makes everything look beautiful and artistic. We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 04/07/2013

Diana Rothery Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Amy! You, Justin, and both of your families were an absolute dream to work with. Cheers!

Jenny · Married on 09/08/2012

Diana was simply amazing. From her laid back ease and warmth to her incredible talent and amazing images. I'm a professional photographer myself so I was really picky about who we chose to photograph our wedding. I stumbled across Diana's work on a blog and it stood out among probably hundreds of websites that I looked at. It stood out because it feels authentic and you can't fake that in photoshop. So we chose her and could not have been more pleased with our photographs. So much so we had her do a photo shoot to commemorate our 1 year anniversary and we don't even like having our pictures taken :). She's amazing all the way around!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Jamie · Married on 04/08/2011

Diana is absolutely AMAZING! She has such a style and flare for photography that was exactly what we were looking for. She blended in on our big day like she had been there for years and caught the perfect moments that I LOVE to look back and remember. She takes awesome photos of the "details" of your big day as well as the candid photos that everyone enjoys seeing afterwards. I couldn't be more happy with her services and I would choose her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/02/2011

Diana Rothery Photography's reply:

Jamie - You guys are so wonderful - I felt lucky to be there. Lots of love to you both!

Rachel · Married on 03/29/2014

We feel so incredibly lucky that we found Diana and have been singing her praises even before the wedding! After seeing just a few of her photos on her portfolio, we knew we would book her - she has a beautiful photojournalistic style that captures stunning candid moments and gorgeous detail shots.

Working with Diana was great - as many noted in her reviews, Diana is really sweet. She made us feel comfortable during the engagement shoot and during all of the wedding festivities. Diana responded to our emails within 24 hours and answered all of the questions we had along the way. We also appreciated that when we knew it was going to rain on our wedding day, she went to the venue the day before to check out places where there were awnings and protection from the rain.

On the wedding day, Diana was amazing. After looking at the photos, it was evident that she was there for everything, but we hardly noticed her. My friend called her a 'ninja photographer' which really was true - so many of her shots captured candid moments that wouldn't have been possible if we knew a camera was right there.

We woke up the next day to an email from Diana with an initial batch of photos that made our hearts melt. And we received the online gallery literally 2 weeks later - the turnaround went beyond our expectations. Looking at the photos was like reliving the wedding - we must have said 'wow' a hundred times - the photos just blew us away. We loved every single one and have gotten so many compliments on the photos and Diana.

We are so grateful for Diana - she is the best there is and we cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 04/19/2014

Tanya · Married on 08/24/2013

Diana is the sweetest person ever and an amazing photographer! She did my wedding and engagement photos. She was so easy to work with and I hardly knew she was there during my reception. I got my pictures back and felt like I was right back at my wedding again! She did a great job and capturing the feeling/mood of everything and captured the details I had worked so hard on.

You will not be disappointed by choosing Diana!

Sent on 01/05/2014