Diamonds & Lace Bridal Reviews

24 | State College, PA

24 Reviews for Diamonds & Lace Bridal

Sarah · Married on 09/07/2019

I came here to try on wedding dresses and I can't begin to describe how wonderful my experience was!! My consultant listened clearly to my budget and the styles I was interested in and pulled a great initial selection of dresses. From there she took my feedback about what I did and didn't like about each dress and after found TWO AMAZINGLY PERFECT options! They were both everything I described as wanting and felt amazing in!

I did not purchase a dress at the appointment, as I had another one scheduled at a different salon that day, but I 100% plan to go back and buy my #1 pick from here.

If you want a knowledgeable, patient, bridal consultant and a large selection of gowns/designers to chose from, don't hesitate and go here. I've been to quite a few salons across the tristate area and this was BY FAR my best experience. I'm so excited to buy my wedding dress!

Sent on 08/05/2018
  • Kacie

Kacie · Married on 08/17/2019

Simply Amazing

I have purchased my dress from Diamonds & Lace. The staff has been amazing through this experience ! There a ton of fun, they listen to all of your wants and wishes in a dress and combine it with there professional opinion resulting in a stunning dress. They have went above beyond ! They provided me with color combination questions and various other questions I had about wedding planning that had nothing to do with the dress. These girls are amazing!

Sent on 03/25/2019
  • Adam

Adam J. · Married on 04/13/2019

Beautiful dresses, great selection

My bride got her dress here and it was perfect. The service here is great and the selection is as well. She was happy with her experience from start to finish.

Sent on 05/12/2019

Janell · Married on 08/25/2018

I went to 2 other stores before Diamonds and Lace... they were the first to make me feel like a bride! Sweet girls that work there, very professional and great at what they do!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Megan · Married on 04/07/2017

I can't thank Angie and the other ladies at Diamonds and Lace. I found the dress of my dreams!! Angie never tried to have me try a dress over my budget. They also offered a great vow to wow package. I highly recommend Diamonds and Lace Bridal Salon!!

Sent on 08/15/2016

My experience with Diamonds and Lace Bridal is one I will never forget. I am a younger bride and the ladies there were extremely accommodating to my vision for my big day. They are flexible with styles and seems to have all of the latest gowns in! I'm extremely picky (but who isn't on their big day!) and when I had a few questions about alterations on a gown they instantly brought out the lady who alters the gowns to let me know what they could go. Their hours are later in the evenings which makes it very reasonable to come in after work and look around. As soon as I got engaged I couldn't wait a week to look for a dress. I walked in the doors without and appointment and they treated me like a valued customer. I was extremely impressed with their variety of belts, veils, shoes, and more. I would recommend this store to any bride I know!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Sarah · Married on 08/27/2016

I was dreading the wedding dress shopping experience, AND being a total city snob about looking for my dress in State College (I live in a big city), but I had the absolute best time at Diamonds and Lace. It was a totally body-positive experience, and I was really impressed with the variety of styles the store offers (I didn't want a strapless dress). The staff was truly amazing; they let you pick out a few things yourself but also listen to what you're interested in and make some selections for you. I told Skye, who was helping me, that I wanted to feel like I was on Downton Abbey, and she picked this dress that I never would have thought to pick myself but it ended up being PERFECT. I felt like a million bucks. I honestly didn't expect to love my dress or the shopping experience as much as I did. The staff spends a lot of time with you and the dresses in the store are stunning (and reasonably priced). I didn't feel limited in choice, either, so, even if you are getting married in a bigger city it's worth stopping here to look first, since I think the experience will be much better. Also, the seamstress who did the alterations was really kind and professional. Can't recommend this place enough!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Allison · Married on 08/13/2016

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with Diamond's and Lace. I was not sure what style dress I was looking for and Angela provided all the support I needed to find my perfect wedding gown. She took one look at me and knew just the dress to put me in. 13 dresses later, and my "say yes to the dress" dress, was the first one she put me in! She had patience and an eye for the perfect fit. These ladies were great to work with and I can't wait to go back and pick up my dress when it comes in.

Sent on 01/07/2016

Justine · Married on 03/03/2016

I went to Diamonds and Lace when I was trying on dresses for the first time. I was able to make an appointment the day before, and when we showed up they were expecting us. We worked with Jackie and she was fantastic! She walked us around to show us the store, she let me and my mom and my sister pick dresses, and she pulled some herself. I'm not a sample size girl, but my size was never an issue. They had dresses that I could try and Jackie made me feel so comfortable. I had such a great experience and would recommend Diamonds and Lace to anyone!

Sent on 01/18/2015

Meredith · Married on 08/01/2015

Great service and sweet ladies! They truly saw my vision for my dress and made sure I got exactly that :)

Sent on 10/03/2015

Megan · Married on 10/25/2014

Loved working with the girls at Diamonds and Lace. Anywhere else I looked at dresses, I felt rushed and like the employees could care less. It was the complete opposite here. The owner really took the time to figure out what I liked and pulled some dresses I would never had picked myself, but looked great! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Cassie · Married on 08/17/2013

Diamonds and Lace was the best choice I made when I was looking for my wedding gown. They were beyond helpful, patient and personable. I felt like the only customer when I was in the studio, they helped me find a dress based on what I described and my body type. They were not pushy with any decisions and the alterations were done quickly.

Sent on 09/11/2013
  • User2090754 · 2+ years ago

An excellent experience! They have a great selection and the prices are so reasonable, particularly compared to the DC Metro area where I live. The employees were very helpful and not at all pushy, and my dress arrived earlier than promised in perfect condition. I couldn't ask for anything more and would highly recommend Diamonds & Lace to future brides!

Sent on 11/02/2012

Samantha-Rae · Married on 07/09/2011

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this shop! I had my heart set on a very specific dress that isn't carried by many stores on the East Coast. After driving four hours each way to Maryland to try it on I had a horrible experience with that shop and their poor excuse for customer service. Feeling defeated, as that was the only shop with that designer in a "reasonable" distance, I went to google reviews to find something in my area that I could at least have a positive experience at. I went to Diamonds and Lace thinking I would never find what I wanted, and bought a dress within 20-30 minutes. When I showed them a picture of the dress I wanted that I had brought with me, Diana gave me a few similar styles but also immediately knew of the perfect dress she carried that matched what I wanted. It was perfect, and at less than half the cost of the other dress. It was actually one of the cheapest dresses I tried on there, but because they knew it was the style I wanted most they never tried to pressure me into anything pricier. They were very honest (but tactful) about which dresses flattered me the most so that I would look my absolute best on my wedding day. Each step of the process was a breeze with them. They were always so polite and helpful, and despite only going in once every few months/weeks for appointments they still recognized me each time. I liked them so much my husband even got all the tuxes ordered through them, and they came out wonderfully and he loved the customer service as well.

Sent on 07/22/2011
  • terra

Terra · Married on 07/17/2010

I love the girls at diamonds and lace they made this experience so great, if you are getting married in the area, def check out diamonds and lace- they will make your day perfect!

Sent on 08/04/2010

Alison · Married on 07/10/2010

Quite simply the best wedding gown shopping experience I have had. I am, admittedly, not an easy bride. I know what I want and don't want to settle. This store gave it to me straight. They made me see why I was not having any luck at any other store. They told me what, oh, I don't know, maybe 15 other bridal stores could not tell me. The truth. Gowns are gorgeous and atmosphere is like you have been friends for years and are reconnecting. Absolutely perfect, perfect place to purchase your gown from.

Sent on 02/03/2010

Sarah · Married on 05/29/2010

I bought my dress from the $50 clearance rack, and it was exactly what I wanted. As is the case at most shops, Diamonds & Lace had very few options for non-strapless dresses; I wish that stores would diversify in this area... Anyway, in addition to saving a bundle on my dress, they were great about recommending that we hand-wash my (satin) dress rather than try to get it cleaned. It worked perfectly.

I got my alterations at Diamonds & Lace, and that went very smoothly. Both my bridesmaids were from out of the area but ordered their dresses from the shop (and had them delivered) because they got the most professional service there.

Sent on 06/02/2010

Carol · Married on 06/20/2009

Diamonds & Lace was wonderful! I found dress shopping to be very overwhelming, and the friendly staff and atmosphere of the store put me right at ease. I found the one that suited me and came in under budget! They made everything so easy, from their alterations package to the cleaning/preservation after the wedding. Diana is so warm and personal, and she was a joy to work with.

Sent on 09/09/2009

Camille · Married on 09/19/2015

Diamonds and Lace was a great place to get my gown! I purchased my gown, my mother's gown and all of my bridesmaids dresses from them. Their selection is like none other. I couldn't find much to my interest anywhere else. They had the dress of my dreams. They take a lot of time with you to make sure the dress is to your liking. The Thursday before the wedding my mom's dress did not fit and they took her that night and fixed it that same night (we live an hour away from the shop)

I truly could not have found a more beautiful, elegant dress.

Sent on 09/28/2015
  • Mrs. J-Mo

Netta · Married on 07/21/2012

Diamonds and Lace Bridal provided me with a shopping experience that I'll never forget. Being a plus size bride I was initially nervous about trying on dresses, but they never made me feel uncomfortable or any less of a bride. I ended up moving after my dress arrived, and they even shipped my beautiful dress to me... Thank you ladies of Diamonds and Lace.... You have helped make my wedding a day I will NEVER forget!!!!

Sent on 03/28/2012

Brenna · Married on 03/17/2012

They were fabulous and always helpful. None of the employees work on commission so they were not at all pushy and made sure to only show me dresses within my price range. We also did our tuxes through them and they were very helpful and came out great.

Sent on 04/06/2012

Jennifer · Married on 04/09/2011

Angie was amazing. The shop provided exactly what I needed!

Sent on 04/12/2011

1.0
      1.0

I used Diamonds and Lace for their bridal gown alterations services and strongly advise that other brides go elsewhere. While my gown did turn out beautifully in the end, having my alterations done here was incredibly stressful and at times truly unpleasant. Most upsetting: The day I picked up my wedding gown, the alterations were not done correctly and a seamstress had to be brought in for a literal last minute emergency fix (I had a two layer gown and only the interior layer was taken in). It was awful. Full story: I bought my gown outside of State College and needed somewhere local to do fairly extensive alterations (cups, bust and waist taken in, tulle layers removed, lace hem, bustle). I had previously (unsuccessfully) looked for gowns at Diamonds and Lace and thought the store was pretty and convenient. They offer flat fee alterations, meaning they'll do "as many as you want" for one fee. I figured this was a good idea since I needed so many alterations and enjoyed the ambiance of the store. My wedding was June 25, 2016. My appointments were: March 28, 2016, April 13, May 16, June 8, June 15, and June 22 "pick up." Every appointment felt rushed (brides finishing before me, brides lined up after me) and I didn't feel I had the option to come in as often as I would have liked; this means the flat fee is kind of a false promise: you can only make as many alterations as the number of appointments they will schedule you for allow. They do prom dress alterations here, too, which I think negatively impacted the amount of attention/time my dress received. It feels more like a wedding dress alteration factory than an individualized, thoughtful process that is just for you. I get that this is a whole industry and people get married all the time, but I don't think most brides want a rushed and impersonal alterations experience. I'm grateful for my seamstress who ultimately produced a great gown, but I feel the store was overbooked and unconcerned with personalization.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2018

0.4
      0.5

This place was absolutely TERRIBLE!!!!! Ruined my sisters wedding dress. Ordered her a size way larger then she needed and completely ruined the dress with alterations. Gave her the dress and veil back UNSTEAMED!!!!

Sent on 10/04/2018