38 Reviews for Dialed-In DJs

Microphones (8)
Sound/PA System (6)
MC (4)
Liability Insurance (3)

My husband and I had the best time ever at our wedding and so did our guests, largely thanks to Maren at Dialed-In DJs. Our friends and family cannot stop talking about how much fun they had, how great the music was, and how happy they were to just dance all night! When people ask how the wedding went, the first thing I think of is how happy it made me to look over at the dance floor and see every generation having the best time, all night long! Maren just knew how to keep everyone dancing and in a great mood!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Alison, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Lucie spun our wedding and I cannot properly explain in words how much fun we had that night. She was so well prepared and set for the day, and literally the dance floor was packed the entire night.

Dinner - Perfect selection with only a few vague suggestions from us. Many guests came up to ask for the playlist after because it suited so well.

Dancing - My wife and I both love a lot of alternative music from the 70s through to current day, and Lucie was able to both make us happy, and keep the rest of the guests on the floor the whole time as well. She did a masterful job beat matching and choosing the perfect songs to go back to back to match the energy of the crowd.

If you are a music lover (especially alt/indie), but you still want to keep all of your guests happy, you absolutely must talk to Dialed-In!

Profile Picture Bryce, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We could not have dreamt of a a more perfect soundtrack to our wedding. Maren was a joy to work with, her set was a HUGE hit, and she really made our day so fun and so special. She knew to ask the questions we didn’t even know we needed answered and made everything a beeeze. Can’t recommend enough!

Profile Picture Chris, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired Maren a week before the wedding and she killed it. After firing our initial DJ (for a myriad of reasons) I called Dialed-In and Maren picked up immediately. As soon as I spoke with her I knew we were in good hands. I felt like she really "got us" and our music taste.

The first hour of dancing she had the old and the young up on the floor.... She took requests last minute, and everyone complimented us on the music. Everything played was representitive of us a couple. The dance floor is one of the top three most important things at your wedding. This woman is a super hero. Hire her for your wedding you will not regret it

Profile Picture Adrienne, 1/20/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ryan was a pleasure to work with to help us create and execute a fabulous music playlist for our wedding. The music was unique, fun and representative of us as a couple. He was always prompt in responding to us and took the time to meet with us in person at length to discuss our tastes in music, go through our music questionnaire and answer any questions we had for him. We'd highly recommend Ryan from Dialed in DJs if you're looking to create a memorable unique night of music for your event.

Profile Picture Suzanne & TJ, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DialedinDJs came highly recommended by a friend of mine and we were not disappointed! Ryan was absolutely amazing to work with! He was fantastic. My husband is a hard core music lover so music was really important to him. All our guests loved the music! Ryan was super professional and just a joy to work with. The music was definitely one of the highlights of our night. Thanks Ryan!

Profile Picture jessie, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We are so happy to have hired Lucie as our wedding DJ in Oct 2017. Music was an extremely important part of our day and Lucie exceeded all of our expectations. We met with Lucie a few months before the wedding to go over our preferred music style and she made the process so easy and stress free - we totally trusted her and could focus on all of the other details. She accommodated all of our last minute questions and most importantly our dance floor was full and amazingly fun late into the night - which was completely thanks to Lucie's talent!! Our guests were so impressed, as were we...we would highly recommend Lucie and dialed-in Dj's! - Caitlin & Drew

Profile Picture caitlin, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had Lucie Tyc DJ our wedding, and she was fantastic! Very sweet and friendly. Great knowledge of alternative/electronic/house music, which is exactly what we were looking for. We got so many compliments from our guests-- we definitely had the coolest wedding!

Profile Picture Riley, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Maren from Dialed In DJs was an absolute delight to work with! Throughout the whole process she really got to know us and our music tastes - every part of the wedding music was customized for us. We met with her a few times and the music schedule run through for the wedding day was super helpful. She coordinated with our officiant and MC and we had nothing to worry about the whole night! All our guests were raving about the music and they all said it was the best wedding they've ever attended! Everyone was on the dance floor the whole night. My husband and I love classic rock & indie and Maren made sure to consider that - she made a great mix and kept all our guests happy and dancing! Highly recommend Dialed In DJs!! You won't get music like this from anywhere else! Thanks again, Maren!

Profile Picture Kat, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

Worked with Ryan for our wedding - he was an awesome guy and we really clicked. He worked to understand what kind of music we really liked and made for an incredible night. So many of our guests came up to us and specifically complemented the mix. Would absolutely recommend!

Profile Picture Jonathan, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I was recommended to Dialed-In DJs from another Toronto DJ and ending up choosing them for what I perceived as a more modern, truly musically-inclined tastes versus more typical wedding DJs with stale playlists. The pricing for two setups of ceremony and reception were very reasonable and proportionate to my moderate budget.

I live in Miami, so I didn't meet with Lucie until the day of my wedding. Instead, we had several Skype meetings and planned the playlist/set via Google Docs. The questionnaire plus the calls were sufficient for Lucie to get a good sense of our tastes and to guide us through the details we hadn't thought about, e.g. timing/duration of speeches.

The music selection for the reception was PERFECT. We did not stop dancing the entire time and there were no lulls where people looked bored or wandered off. My friend wanted to organize the Hora on the sly and Lucie helped her pull it off spontaneously, which was a major highlight. After the event, several friends remarked that it was one of the more fun weddings they had been to, which I totally attribute to the great music going throughout the party. I would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance

Lucy was great! Super easy to work with, understanding of our different musical tastes (and those of our guests). We had an intimate wedding and there was a little bit of something for everyone. The music during dinner created the perfect ambiance -- it never felt cheesy or forced. Thank you so much Lucie, you were amazing! - Alyssa Young

Profile Picture Alyssa , 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired Maren for our wedding on August 5th, 2017 and we were absolutely happy with her every step of the way. She was very responsive, professional, and organized throughout the planning leading up to the day. Our meeting a few weeks before the day to run through the schedule was efficient and she made some great suggestions to help with the flow and timing of events. She is knowledgeable and made us feel that we were in good hands. She got a feel for our taste in music and was even familiar with the calypso selections we had made. On the day she was awesome and we received many comments about how good the music was (during both dinner and dancing) and about how much fun Maren was having. When the DJ is dancing and having a great time along with everyone, it definitely makes for a great night! The dance floor never cleared and I probably spent too much time dancing because the song selections were so good!

Profile Picture Ginelle, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ryan was such a great DJ to work with. We didn't want the typical wedding DJ playlist, and he delivered in spades. Once the party was rolling the dance floor didn't slow down until we shut things down. thanks again Ryan for a great night -- Jenelle & Ian

Profile Picture Ian, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ryan DJ'd our wedding on June 17th 2017. His musical style, laid back nature and accommodating professionalism made us very relaxed and feel confident that he was in charge of making our wedding guests dance their butts off on our wedding day. I would highly recommend Dialed In DJ's for your wedding needs. Ryan listened, offered suggestions and was super enthusiastic about wanting to make our dreams of a 'kick ass wedding' come to life. Thank you Ryan, and to Dialed In DJ's for your services and for making our guests dance non stop all night!

Profile Picture Crystal, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Lucie from Dialed-In DJs was fantastic as our wedding DJ in June 2017!!
It was such an easy process leading up to the day and Lucie was always available to answer any questions we had.

Profile Picture Daniel, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had DJ Maren from DID spin tunes for our wedding, and she was fantastic! Music is important to us - we aren't snobs about it, but we were sick of hearing "YMCA," "I Gotta Feeling," "Gangnam Style," etc wedding after wedding we've attended over the past year. We wanted good dancing tunes that our guests would enjoy and want to get out of their seats to enjoy. Maren definitely succeeded in helping us achieve this - our dance floor was pretty much busy all night long! We got tons of compliments about how awesome the music was!

We didn't have an MC for our wedding, so we also asked Maren to announce our entrances and keep the night flowing for speeches between meal courses. She did a great job with this - no complaints!

DID is a boutique DJ service, so the cost runs a little higher than many of the other wedding DJ's out there. However, keep in mind that when you're hiring a DJ, you're hiring someone to keep your guests entertained for many hours...and you get what you pay for. I absolutely thought that the service and attention that we got from Maren was worth every penny.

What I really loved about working with Maren was how customized and organized everything was - we could request specific tunes and genres of tunes for the cocktail hour, dinner reception, and dance. Maren was super responsive to all our e-mails and even catered to specific requests for music from our speech writers. I felt I could really trust her to deliver on every detail. She is super accommodating and just a very awesome person in general. We highly recommend her!!

Profile Picture Shelly, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

From the outset, it was clear Ryan was dedicated to ensuring our musical tastes were represented during our wedding. We met on Skype and in person a few times before the day to just talk about music. His knowledge of music—both new and old, across many genres—was impressive. The music during dinner was well-chosen and varied. Same goes for the dance floor. He was easily reachable, responsive, and did all his own setup and teardown. I would hire him again.

Aside from the professional aspects above, he was a great guy. So likeable and personable.

(To explain the cost below, his rate is $1795+HST. Travel and accommodation costs to bring him from Toronto to Kingston made up the rest.)

Profile Picture Ken, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Maren kept people on the dance floor!

The music at our reception was a great blend of specific requests we made, along with an awesome selection of genres and eras. The night had a perfect flow from the first dance to the last song.

Maren was great to work with. She provided detail sheets with song and artist requests, and scheduling a session for us to chat about the music we wanted, and how our evening was going to move forward.

And she was plenty happy to abide by our "don't take requests from our guests, please," rule. We got the music we wanted, and Maren plugged in a perfect mix of other songs the two of us, and our guests, enjoyed.

Our guests continue to bring up our awesome music, and we thank Maren for that.

Profile Picture Brenna, 5/26/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones

Maren was a delight to work with. She took our music taste and requests and wove it into a mix that kept the dance floor busy until the venue kicked us out! Our amateur DJ friends appreciated her beat matching skill - she is not messing around!

Having Maren as the DJ meant that we didn't have to exert any energy during the wedding worrying about the music. She arrived and departed with all of her gear completely seamlessly and she was incredibly professional throughout the planning process. We always felt that we were in good hands with Maren and she didn't let us down.

Profile Picture User6535437, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Along with our venue and caterer, Ryan from Dialed-In DJ's was one of the main reasons our wedding was so enjoyable. From our first meeting, I found him to be relatable and positive. His instincts on what music would draw people onto the dance floor were very good and he played an excellent range of hits that appealed to multiple age groups. I was hesitant about playing any 90's pop tunes, but drawing on his experience, he advised us that a selection of these songs would go over well with our crowd, and he was dead right!

Our wedding happened on a warm late summer night at the Algonquin Island Association clubhouse. The venue has no air conditioning and a spectacular view of the skyline. Both of these factors made Ryan's job more challenging, because they enticed or drove guests outside the building and away from the music. Somehow, the party kept going the entire night, and groups of guests continually came back for more. Ryan seamlessly worked in a number of alternative hits I requested and dancing to these songs with my wife and friends was a big highlight for me!

Despite the temperatures, which caused some equipment to overheat (he had backup!) Ryan's focus and attention never wavered that evening. My wife and I feel very fortunate to have selected him among the many options that there were and we would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture John, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Maren from Dialed-In DJ's is phenomenal! She did such a great job, not only with the music, but also helped us sort out our timeline for the reception. She was so professional and organized! Our guests raved about the music and our dance floor was never empty throughout the night. Thank you again for making our day so memorable!

Profile Picture Natalie, 9/4/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Lucie was amazing!! She picked the perfect songs on the spot, kept everyone engaged all night and completely understood the vibe of our night! She was willing to work with us as much or little as we had time for. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Profile Picture Alicia, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ryan was incredible to work with. He understood exactly what musical vibe we were going for. He didn't play anything we didn't want to hear. He played everything we wanted to hear. He was also super easy to work with and accommodated other PA needs we had for a band we had as well. Another thing that struck me - he didn't make himself the focal point of the evening. He let the music do the talking. Quite honestly - it was perfect. Thanks again Ryan.

Profile Picture User7133490, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ryan was amazing - he spent a ton of time getting to know us, our music taste, and how we wanted the party to go. He was great at reading the crowd and kept the dance floor going. We got so many compliments on the music. Plus, he was a pleasure to work with! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Carla, 6/18/16, 1 Review