Devlin Photography Reviews

63 | Old Lyme, CT

63 Reviews for Devlin Photography

We met Chris at the Aquaturf wedding expo and as soon as we walked in the door, multiple vendors pointed us in his direction raving about his work. We are so happy we met him that day! Chris is incredible! We cannot say enough great things about him. His personality is so easy to work with! He put us at ease during our engagement session and at the wedding. He met with us multiple times to make sure our day was perfect. I was a very unorganized bride and he helped make our wedding day perfect by keeping us on track. I get compliments daily on how beautiful our pictures are and how they fit our personality. Any couple would be lucky to have Chris as their photographer.

Sent on 01/26/2016

Cristina · Married on 09/19/2015

Chris was an amazing photographer from our first meeting with him until the actual day of our wedding! He has a fantastic demeanor, is very friendly, funny and laid back and trust me, that personality will help so much on your day because your nerves will be so crazy! On top of his great personality the actual pictures he took were all stunning, he did a great job and took SO many photos which is so nice! I can't say how much I appreciate being able to see all the pictures he took.. it's so fantastic to be able to relive that day through the photos and actually SEE everything (with non "crazy-bride" eyes). Thank you Chris!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Mallorie · Married on 09/12/2015

Chris was amazing. You will not be disappointed with your wedding photos. He is so creative, suggests amazing ideas and incorporates all of your ideas into your special day! Chris is willing to try new ideas too! You can tell how passionate he is about photography and being apart of your special day. We met with Chris a couple of times prior to the wedding to discuss ideas. We exchanged many emails and telephone calls during the planning process. We love the video slideshows that he made for our engagement session and wedding! My family and friends enjoy looking at the photos that he captured! My husband and I highly recommend Chris.

Becky · Married on 09/11/2015

Chris was very professional & personable. He seemed as if he was one of our family members. He knew what was going on & made us feel at ease. We love you Chris! Thank you for everything you did to mame our day so special. -Becky & Chris

Sent on 10/13/2015

I have know Chris from Devlin Photography for several years now and knew I wanted him to be our wedding photographer from the moment I saw his work. My husband and I could not have been happier with the pictures from our wedding day, and our engagement photos! Our families could not stop talking about what a great job he did and how comfortable he made our guests feel. We would recommend him in an instant!

Lynn · Married on 05/23/2015

Doing our due diligence, we interviewed two other photographers before meeting Chris from Devlin, but when we met him, we knew he was perfect for us. He brought samples he thought were appropriate based upon his interpretation of our pre-meeting phone schpeel, and he was spot-on. We LOVED his sample wedding album. We loved his slide shows. We loved that he was super-easy-going, knowing that we might need some additional calm on the big day. He did our engagement shoot, and it allowed us to all get to know each other a little better before the wedding day. We were so pleased with those pictures that we knew we'd love the work he did shooting our wedding. And we did. We do. Folks commented on how terrific he was. He was unobtrusive. He was great with kids. He made the stodgy folks smile and laugh. After seeing some of the pictures, my brother said, "Wow. This guy is fantastic. Somehow he made everyone look good." He did a wonderful job with the formals, and the candids are a joy. We have some of the best pictures of the best memories of the best day. So happy with our choice. :o)

Sent on 09/02/2015

John · Married on 05/23/2015

We interviewed two other photographers before meeting Chris from Devlin. Chris was so helpful, so calm and so knowledgeable that we quickly knew he was perfect for us. He brought samples he thought were appropriate based upon his interpretation of our pre-meeting phone discussion. We LOVED his sample wedding album. We loved his slide shows. We loved that he was super-easy-going, knowing that we might need some additional calm on the big day. He did our engagement shoot, and it allowed us to all get to know each other a little better before the wedding day. We had unexpected rain and he was happy to reshoot for us. We Loved his engagement photo pictures! And then he took even better pictures at the wedding. Folks commented on how terrific he was. He was unobtrusive. He was great with kids. Somehow he made everyone look good." He did a wonderful job with the formals, and the candids are a joy. We have some of the best pictures of the best memories of the best day. So happy with our choice!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Tiffany · Married on 05/15/2015

From the moment I began communication with Chris Devlin, I immediately felt comfortable with him. He was upbeat, responsive and very helpful. I would recommend him as a photographer for any type of event, big or small.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Carol · Married on 02/14/2015

Chris Brown was very accommodating, had great suggestions, was very professional and easy to work with.

Sent on 03/15/2015

Chris was punctual and friendly. He took fabulous photos at our wedding. He was receptive to any requests we had.

Sent on 02/15/2015

Devlin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! I enjoyed being part of your day!

Mary · event on: 10/25/2014

Chris Devlin from Devlin Photography made our engagement photography session a truly memorable experience. Chris was professional, engaging and made my fiancé and myself feel entirely comfortable throughout the course of the session. The photographs came out beautifully and I couldn't be more pleased with them. I would highly recommend Devlin Photography for any special occasion. I hope to use his services for our impending nuptials.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Christopher · Married on 09/07/2014

Search no further! Chris is amazing. He is a joy to work with and makes you feel like a friend and at ease. He gave us great ideas and captured the feel of the day perfectly. The quality of our photographs is outstanding! We continually get complimented on how exceptional they are. Chris has an eye for little details that really made all the difference in the world. We are very happy that we chose Chris and grateful for such beautiful photographs.
    Thanks again Chris!!!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Anastasia · Married on 09/07/2014

Wow, our wedding photographs are amazing!!!! Devlin photography was the best choice we made in the planning of our day. He captured every moment in the most artistic, personal way, and we are now able to look at these photos and instantly feel the love and joy as if we are still there! We are constantly being complimented on our photos, and our slideshow is so beautiful that I still watch it over and over! Thank you so much Chris, you are the best!!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Carolyn · Married on 08/02/2014

From the moment we met Chris, we knew we wanted to him to be our photographer! He totally understood our vision and captured it through amazing unobtrusive pictures. Chris has a great personality and makes you feel very comfortable! From our engagement shots, to the slideshow, to the amazing wedding pictures, we were so pleased! Would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Matt · Married on 08/02/2014

Chris was great! He helped us every step of the way. I would highly recommend Chris to anyone who is looking for a true professional. He instantly became our friend! I would never hire another photographer for anything else in the future, besides Chris!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Theresa · Married on 07/25/2014

Chris was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding at Anthony's Ocean View this summer. From the start he was very approachable and flexible with what we were trying to capture in our photos. We were extremely pleased with our engagement photos taken by him a year before our wedding day. He made us feel comfortable by giving us ideas on how to make the pictures stand out while taking advantage our surroundings. On the day of our engagement session, I saw a butterfly on a flower at the park where we were, and he actually got a picture of us with the butterfly centered in.
    On our wedding day, Chris met my husband and I at the hotel where we were getting prepared. He got many candid shots of us and our families that we didn't even realize he took. He then met us at our venue where he got amazing photos of our beach ceremony, formals at sunset, and a huge family picture including both sides of the family. When we received our digital pictures we were surprised to see so many details that were a part of our wedding day which we would have missed if Chris wouldn't have captured them. He was also extremely patient being that we had a big wedding and everyone wanted a photo with us. Even after the wedding, Chris has worked with us when ordering prints to ensure that the pictures look even better than the original. I would recommend Chris to anyone who is looking for a patient, professional, and experienced photographer!!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Theresa · Married on 07/25/2014

Sent on 10/23/2014

Sabrina · Married on 10/13/2013

Chris from Devlin Photography was amazing to work with. He took fabulous pictures, had great suggestions for where and how to pose various groups in the wedding party, and included both traditional and some fun and creative pictures. Everyone who has seen the pictures from the wedding day has commented on the fact that they are the best wedding pictures they have ever seen. He also made the whole experience so relaxing for me, as the bride. He took very intimate pictures during the ceremony but was completely unobtrusive so that I never even noticed him. There was other things on my wedding day that stressed me out a little bit, but photography was one thing, and quite a major thing, that I never had to worry about! I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Pat · Married on 10/12/2013

Chris Devlin’s work is spectacular!!!!
    We have to tell you that the wedding pictures were extraordinary! Chris captured so many precious and wonderful moments, expressions and settings. It was tremendous and we are so happy with his work!!
    Chris was very easy to work with right from our first meeting. He knew the venue extremely well and directed people to all of the beautiful settings in order to capture wonderful pictures.
    He has mastered the process of being in the right place at the right time to secure very special moments without ever knowing he was there. He truly made the photography all about the bride and groom, their families and the wedding party!
    Chris produced an incredible slideshow! Setting the pictures to those two songs was really special to us and to Marissa and Dustin. Great work!!! The gallery that Chris put together was also beautiful. The gift box and the flash drive it contained were fantastic!! What a great way to package all of the digital wedding photos!! We loved it!!
    Chris could not have done a better job of creating a precious visual memory of our only daughter’s wedding!!! Thank you!! ! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!
    Maryellen and Pat (Mother and Father of the Bride)

Sent on 01/02/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/11/2013

Chris was GREAT! We absolutely love our photos and cannot believe the slideshow was done before we got home from our honeymoon. Immediately, after our engagement shoot I knew I had nothing to worry about and that Chris had everything under control. We would highly recommend Chris not just for his amazing photography skills but also for how easy it was to coordinate meetings with him and for how timely we received our engagement and wedding photos. Thank you Chris!

Sent on 11/08/2013

Chris did an amazing job at my sons wedding. He was attentive and creative with his photos. He brought the day to life and created incredible visual memories, I love all his photos! I highly recommend Devlin Photography for any occasion.

Sent on 09/19/2013
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 05/18/2013

Chris was great! We couldn't have asked for a better photographer for our wedding day. We have tons of wonderful pictures to remember such a wonderful day.
    Would recommend Chris to anyone!

Sent on 10/05/2013

Kathleen · Married on 05/18/2013

May 18, my daughter's wedding day, was one of the most important days in our lives, one we will always want to remember. Because of the talents of Chris from Delvin Photography, we will always have the day to look back on. Chris captured not only the events but the emotions of the day beautifully ...from the morning's preparation, the challenge of an enormous wedding party of 24 attendents and 5 children, the intimate moments of the marraige ceremony. Chris brought to life the steam train ride to the Lace Factory, the venue and all its special touches, the special moments during the reception, and the final moments where he orchestrated the 150+ guests in creating a walkway of sparklers through which the bride and groom walked and had their last kiss to seal the day's events.We couldn't be happier with the photos Chris took or with the professionalism and care which he showed throughout this special day in our lives.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Mindy · Married on 12/31/2012

chris is amazing. he's easy to work with, easy to get in touch with, fun to be around... and more importantly- he takes incredible pictures. he is a true artist... and he obviously loves what he does. it shows in his work!

Sent on 01/08/2013

Allison · Married on 01/15/2011

Chris is really great and provided us with wonderful photos. He was very flexible, responsive and his prices were great!

Sent on 02/05/2011