Detroit Motion Reviews

10 | West Bloomfield, MI

10 Reviews for Detroit Motion

Ellie · Married on 07/06/2018

GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Laura · Married on 08/09/2014

Byron, Michelle, and guys-- we cannot thank you enough for the superb performance you put on at our wedding!!! You were INCREDIBLE!!!! The energy & sheer musical virtuosity you guys brought to the performance was absolutely ELECTRIFYING.

We were planning our wedding from a distance, so we hired Byron in Motion primarily on the basis of their stellar client reviews. Now we have the pleasure of writing such a review ourselves. Byron was consistently competent, efficient, responsive, and easy to work with. He & Michelle listened to us throughout the process; they were great about respecting and incorporating our preferences, and even learned a new song for us. At the same time, they contributed their own experience and expertise. Byron knows how to organize a timeline for a party so that it will flow smoothly; he is also flexible and knows how to read a crowd.

We were blown away by the band’s musical ability. Throughout the night, I kept exclaiming to my husband, "These guys are amazing!!!!!" Byron’s voice is versatile, powerful & accurate, and he has a rare & natural gift for performing & responding to the crowd. Michelle & the band rocked us, moved us & grooved us. Their solos blew us away, and as an ensemble they’re incredibly tight & polished. They are a top-tier band, and we feel lucky to have had them at our wedding.

They made our wedding a blast. Everybody who was physically capable of dancing was on the dance floor. A few guests even shared that this was the first time they'd actually danced at a wedding, EVER! We’re still getting compliments on the band. We are so grateful to BiM for putting on such a magnificent show, and giving us the beautiful memory of the dance floor with all of our guests on our wedding day-- we will always cherish that.

I’m out of characters, so… if you are looking for a fantastic live band for your party: do yourself a favor and book these guys!!! And then invite me please ;-)

Sent on 08/21/2014

Detroit Motion's reply:

WOW! The pleasure is all ours, you two are wonderful yourselves.. Thank you for your trust through the process.
    We were your band and now we are your friends.
    Byron

Joe · Married on 05/24/2014

The band was amazing for our wedding! Byron was so professional throughout the entire process. He went out of his way to make sure every part of the reception went flawless. He went above and beyond! The dance floor was filled the entire night, and we couldn't have been happier! After the wedding, everyone commented on how great the band was... I would def recommend them.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Detroit Motion's reply:

You rule! Thanks so much!
    Have a great summer... hope your honeymoon was great!

Paul · Married on 09/21/2013

Byron in Motion played our wedding reception and our experience was great. We shopped around a bit for bands and Byron was by far the most attentive and accommodating of anyone we spoke to. As we planned, he answered all of our questions promptly and really seemed to be invested in making our event a success.

Most importantly, the music was fantastic! The band has an incredible range. They accommodated the wide stylistic variety of our live music requests and the quality was consistently excellent. Their energy was great, and they kept the dance floor full. We thought they were amazing, but it wasn’t just us – we got many, many compliments from our guests about the band and their contribution to making our day so enjoyable. We highly recommend them to anyone considering a wedding band.

Sent on 11/13/2013

Matthew · Married on 07/13/2013

In one sentence, Byron in Motion was absolutely fantastic from the very first phone call we had all the way to them packing up at the end of the night after a stellar performance. My wife and I were exceptionally impressed by their professionalism, courtesy, performance, and genuine desire to deliver the best possible experience to us. The communication was outstanding and we felt comfortable the whole way. Byron made sure that everything was taken care of so the day of the wedding we had nothing to worry about.....AND THEY ROCKED!!! I would encourage anyone reading this to book these guys. They made the night come alive and we can't thank them enough!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Byron in Motion played at our Wedding on October 6th and were awesome! I dealt with the singer, Byron, in the months leading up to the Wedding and he was easy to work with. The band was willing to, and did, learned two songs for our first dance and my wife's father daughter dance, you would have thought they had been playing those songs for years. They kept the dance floor packed all night, except for when they took their breaks and played today's top hits, as soon as they came back the dance floor filled up again. I think that speaks to how good they were. We got them to play two encores at the end of the night. In short, Byron in Motion is great. Hire them now!

Graham & Abby Smith

Sent on 10/07/2013

Graham · Married on 10/06/2012

Byron in Motion played at our Wedding on October 6th and were awesome! First off, i felt their rates were fair and affordable, especially for being a 7 piece band. I dealt with the singer, Byron, in the months leading up to the Wedding and he was easy to work with, to get ahold of and was always quick to respond to my emails. The band was willing to, and did, learn two songs for our first dance and my wife's father daughter dance, you would have thought they had been playing those songs for years. They kept the dance floor packed all night, except for when they took their breaks and played today's top hits, as soon as they came back the dance floor filled up again. I think that speaks to how good they were. We got them to play two encores at the end of the night.

My one complaint would be that they did show up to the reception site a little bit later than what was communicated, which caused me and the event planner a little stress. However, to give them credit, they did travel 2 hours from the Detroit area for our event.

In short, Byron in Motion is a great band for your wedding or any event.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Pamela · Married on 08/11/2012

We couldn't have been happier with Byron and his band!! He worked with us from the moment he signed on to do our daughter's wedding. We wanted a heavier horn section - he hired an extra trumpeter to work with them. His interest is in making the party a success and he brings it! The talent in his group goes deep. From the vocals to the instrumentals the range is fabulous. They played standards to the newest music - and were willing to learn new work the bride and groom were eager to have played at their wedding. We've had bands at other events and we would truly have Bryon's band again. We couln't have been happier!! Just simply fabulous!! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Emily · Married on 07/25/2015

Byron and his band were amazing!!! He was so easy to work with and honestly impressed us on the day of. All of our wedding guests are still talking about how amazing our wedding band was, especially Byron and the saxophone man!! I requested the sax man to get down on the dance floor and play and it was a HUGE hit! We have some amazing pics of our friends dancing with the sax man! If you need an amazing band for your wedding in the Metro Detroit area call Byron, he is the BEST!!!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Shosh · Married on 11/17/2012

"We had Byron in Motion in November for our wedding, and can honestly say that they truly made our wedding! They were spectacular and went well above and beyond what any other band could offer!
    Our main focus for the wedding was having a great band and great bar. Byron and Michelle are the sweetest people, and were so wonderful to work with throughout our planning process. The band learned our music, worked the crowd perfectly, and whole heartedly invested their time and talent to make sure our entire wedding, from the ceremony to the last song, ran perfectly. I work in the music industry and can honestly say that I couldn't find a better band in metro Detroit.
    I would refer Byron in Motion to anyone! Thank you Byron in Motion for all that you have done for us!"

Shosh