209 Reviews for Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator

Cultural (8)
Civil (6)
Destination (1)
Double Weddings (1)

I had the pleasure to work with Kim. She went above and beyond her duties to make sure everything for the ceremony and reception is how I envisioned it to be. Having Kim as my wedding coordinator on my day is the best decision I've have ever made!

Profile Picture Jenny, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord.

Zaakira was such an amazing help to us as a "month-of" coordinatoor. As soon as we signed the contract, she helped us find the vendors we were unable to find on our own. In the last month, she was a life-saver -- not only did she answer all of our questions, she made sure we were on top of all the details we hadn't even considered. She was flexible in our meeting times, and was always friendly and on top of things. And of course, on the wedding day, she was everywhere -- she made sure we had food when we were getting ready, she bought tylenol for my grandmother, and she even took my mom's shoes outside to scuff them! Because of her, the whole day went so smoothly. Everything was in its place and ready, without us ever having to think about it. We would recommend her 100%.

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Civil, Religious

I don't know what I would have done without Shadé. She was such a great person to work with and was the calm you need in the violent storm that can be wedding planning. If you are someone who is on the fence about being able to handle everything on your own (such as myself: I work full-time, go to school part-time, and my wedding was out-of-state), just take the leap and book! It will make your life a lot easier and I'm sure you won't regret the decision!

Profile Picture Alicia, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Details Made Simple is phenomenal!!!! I had the pleasure of working with Shade Coleman as my Day of Wedding Coordinator, and she was nothing short of amazing. Shade was very involved from Day 1. She made sure to answer every email very quickly and she took the time to schedule calls will me, just to be sure that she was up to date on all of the wedding details. Even if I was just looking for a suggestion, Shade was there to help me. Once the wedding day got closer, Shade made sure to coordinate the arrival times with all of the vendors. She even created a schedule for the wedding day to ensure that everything went smoothly.

On the day of my wedding, I was a complete mess, I was having a meltdown because I was so afraid that the wedding was not going to go as planned, and needless to say, Shade took care of everything. All I had to do on my wedding day was relax. Planning a wedding in addition to working full time in NYC was completely exhausting and I would have been completely overwhelmed if I did not have Shade by my side. I am so thankful that I found Details Made Simple and I am even more thankful that I was paired with Shade Coleman.

Shade, I know that we have said this to you many times already, but Haneef and I adore you and we will forever be thankful for everything that you did for us!

Carla, thank you for having such a phenomenal business. If the rest of the ladies are anything like Shade Coleman, I know that you and your team will always be successful.

I can’t thank Details Made Simple enough!

With Love,
MRS. ARBUBAKRR ❤️

Profile Picture Arielle , 5/20/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cultural, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists

I mainly hired a day-of wedding coordinator to figure out the timeline, and to make sure that I wasn't the one having to tell everyone where to go and when. April ended up doing SO much more, and handling much more than just the day of. My husband Jeff and I were married this past Saturday. April was in touch consistently from the time I hired her last summer. She talked me down off many ledges, and listened to me vent when I needed to! It was wonderful to know that the timeline was set, and that all the vendors were confirmed. The day of the wedding, everyone commented on how calm I was. That's because April took care of EVERYTHING, even things I wouldn't have ever thought of, and didn't know I needed. She even helped remind the pastor how the ceremony should go! I would highly recommend Details Made Simple if you want to truly enjoy your wedding day. We certainly did, and can't thank April enough!!

Profile Picture Rose, 4/14/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We are incredibly happy with our experience with Brooke Watson and Details Made Simple. Our wedding in DC was at a challenging, unconventional space (Blind Whino in SW), and we hadn't even considered a coordinator. Our caterer highly recommended hiring somebody, so that we could get to actually be in the moment and experience our own party. Best advice we got ever. Brooke is fun, professional, warm and reassuring. And she made everything go incredibly smoothly, without us having to worry or have our phones blow up with texts and calls from vendors. We had a lot of last minute changes in plan/timeline, and she rolled with the punches and handled everything without us needing to stress about it. She was also very helpful to bounce ideas off of, and she made arrangements to be available in person when we were picking out our rental equipment, as well as the day of the walk through, which was above and beyond the scope of our agreement. I am a control freak, and I planned the heck out of the wedding, so handing control over to anybody was no easy feat for me. But Brooke handled me, and everything else, with grace and charm. I felt that we were in great hands, and it turned out exactly as we'd hoped it would.

Profile Picture Rob, 4/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Civil, Non-Religious

When my husband and I realized last minute how much we truly needed some to set-up our DIY projects and to help with our big day, we did not know or just understand how much the day will pass with ease knowing you have someone to truly count on like you can with DMS! Carla made our dreams come true and even though we had multiple hindrances throughout the day she did not allow that to stop the party, You're a truly amazing woman! If we had to do our wedding all over again, we wouldn't do it any other way! Thank you DMS team.
The Contreras's

Profile Picture Isis, 4/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Carla is the best and I highly recommend her. Planning a traditional Indian wedding takes a lot of time and patience. Carla worked with my husband and I to coordinate our wedding on the day of and did a fantastic job! She was very responsive, organized, and professional. She was truly instrumental in carrying out our day smoothly and efficiently. THANK YOU CARLA!!!

Profile Picture April, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We used Brooke Watson from Details Made Simple as our "day of" wedding coordinator. Although she was scheduled to really start to work a month before the wedding date, she made an exception to meet with us much earlier for a venue walk-through because both the bride and the mother-of-the-bride were both coming from out of town and scheduling was difficult. We had her attend both the rehearsal and the wedding day and she was super! Because of the nature of our venue (a public concert hall), set-up was limited to the morning of the event. We handed over all kinds of supplies & decor to Brooke at the rehearsal and she spent most of the wedding day making sure the reception venue was perfect for us upon arrival, coordinating with our florist, the caterer, and the venue staff. After making sure all was great at the reception hall, she shifted to the church where we had pre-ceremony pictures. With 8 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen, and tons of family, she did a great job of "herding cats" to make sure everyone was where they needed to be. Her toolkit of repair tools came in handy to fix a variety of disasters, from split groomsman pants, shirt studs that came apart, and a wilted groom's boutonniere repaired with flowers from a bridesmaid's bouquet. During the reception, she kept us on our schedule and did a great job of reigning in a bandleader who went a bit off script with the schedule of events. Mother-of-the-bride is a bit of a "Type A" personality and made a master spreadsheet of events, timeline, etc. and Brooke was gracious in dealing with that level of crazy. She was sweet and helpful and made everything run as smoothly as humanly possible. We are so glad we hired Brooke and Details Made Simple.

Profile Picture Joan, 3/3/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Day-Of Coord.

We had an absolutely magical wedding experience with Kim as our coordinator! She was fantastic and had our day so well organized that everything was perfect. Her coordinating prowess and genuine friendliness made us feel more than ready for the big day. She went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed when we needed it! We're so glad she was there to make our day flawless!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 1/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Shanika is absolutely amazing! From the moment my family met her until the last second of my wedding night she was hands on, helpful, detailed orientated, and compassionate. She is such a go-getter and really made sure all the venders executed my wedding to perfection. Any bride would be incredibly lucky to have Shanika as their wedding coordinator.

Profile Picture Jamie, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nika at DMS was incredible. She was the consummate professional, and her high-touch attention to detail made our event so special. Thank you Nika for an amazing wedding day!

Profile Picture Ann, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists

We were lucky enough to have Carla as our day of coordinator. I don't know how we would have done the wedding day without her! We got married in Garwood, NJ, but planned the wedding from our home in Orlando, FL. Due to the long distance, a coordinator was a must have on my list. Not only did Carla help us navigate through the last leg of our planning journey, she helped us regain most of our sanity by translating vendor speak, helping us find solutions to some tricky venue issues, and herding our very large (and mostly type A) family members day of. She attended vendor meetings in our place, Facetimed us from the venue, dropped off paperwork, the list goes on and on. Imagining the wedding day, I was so worried about everyone contacting me with questions, concerns, and problems, but I didn't hear a peep - Carla helped us plan all the logistics and all I did was listen to her and follow her direction. Our wedding day was seamless and everything we had hoped it would be. I have give much of the credit to Carla for making the day what it was! On top of it all, Carla is sweet and very personable with a great sense of humor; trust me - you need to giggle during this process and we did a lot of laughing with Carla. I wish we could do it all over again, but have Carla more involved - it would have been worth every penny!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We worked with Details Made Simple for our Philly wedding, and worked with Kim and it was absolutely the best choice we made. We had a very DIY wedding at the Asian Arts Initiative, where we really had to do everything and hired a lot of different vendors, and had to come in the day to set everything up ourselves and then come back the day after to clean it all up. We chose the "Peace of Mind" package, as we were comfortable doing it all ourselves, but needed someone to orchestrate the big day and just give us some literal peace of mind and advice along the way. From our first phone call before we even hired her when she asked a lot of questions for her own information that also helped us get clarity on what we needed to do, she was already a huge help. Then leading up to the wedding, I cc-ed her on most of my emails to vendors, asked her random questions via email and she was always very responsive and with helpful insight. She came and did a venue walk-through with us and helped us think through all the details we never would have considered for set up and transition between ceremony and reception. The week before our wedding when we were busy greeting out of town guests, she was calling all of our vendors to confirm their time and everything else. She came the day before to do a final walk through as were finishing setting everything up and then doing the actual rehearsal with us, and then 10 hours the next day.
We didn't have a single guest OR vendor come to us with questions or concerns during the wedding and we were able to enjoy our wedding so much because of her. She gave out our tips, she handled things that came up, helped guests get cabs, she even checked us into our hotel for us and took our suitcases over from the storage room in the venue.
I highly recommend you have a day of coordinator if one doesn't come with your venue, and definitely recommend Details Made Simple as the way to go!

Profile Picture Jean, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kim was amazing! From our very first conversation she helped me feel like everything was on track, and was right on the same page with what we envisioned for our wedding. The day of not only did she and LaToyah keep everything in track, Kim was also up a ladder fixing lighting, moving tables, and making sure that my husband and I could celebrating with our family and friends. I honestly cannot say enough good things and we thank her from the bottom of our hearts!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

April from Details Made Simple truly lived up to the company's name! As a detail oriented person myself, I couldn't believe some of the details she thought of and so easily answered any question or dilemma we had! She was calm, cool, and collected, and was by our sides during the night making sure we had everything we needed. Do yourself the biggest favor for your wedding day and have April there!!

Profile Picture Margaret, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception

Our day of coordinator, Shadé, was nothing less than amazing. From her first prompt email response to her helping with the breakdown and cleanup at the end of our wedding she handled every aspect of our wedding with expertise and professionalism. Our wedding was at a non-traditional venue without a maître d' so Shadé did all of the work scheduling deliveries and the timeline of our wedding day. She also helped put out decor and made our vision for the day a reality. We had a small "emergency" the day of (no batteries for 100 flameless candles necessary for our sunset park wedding) and she took care of it as if it was hardly a problem. Hiring Shadé was the best investment we made for our wedding day because of the peace of mind she provided.

Profile Picture Bernadette, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

April was amazing! Incredibly professional, thorough, and organized, as well as friendly and easy to work with. Everything went off without a hitch, and we got to really enjoy our special day!!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception

For our daughter’s wedding, we chose Kim Martir from Details Made Simple as our “day of” coordinator. When we first met her last year, we were impressed with her organized approach and how well she listened to us. Her pleasant, engaging and confident style convinced us that she was going to be a great partner. As things began to get busy about three months before the wedding, Kim visited the church and reception venue with us. We found this extremely helpful in validating what had been completed and creating a list of everything that needed to be accomplished by the wedding day. When we changed our minds about the format for our final meeting, Kim was flexible in accommodating our request for an in-person meeting rather than a conference call. It was so helpful having the three of us in the same room as we thought through all the final arrangements. By the time this meeting was over, we were confident all was going to go well…and it did! On the morning of the wedding, we went through a few last minute changes then handed it off to Kim for the rest of the day. Everything could not have gone more smoothly. Even a minor issue with a vendor was handled quickly, professionally and with no impact on us. We enjoyed everything the day had to offer thanks to Kim. We didn’t have to worry about whether the flowers showed up on time or the musicians were in place. We focused on interacting with our guests and the smiling faces of our daughter and new son-in-law. We strongly recommend Kim Martir of Details Made Simple for anyone who wants a stress-free wedding day!

Profile Picture Elaine, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Religious, Reception

Finding a great wedding planner was so important because I planned a New Jersey wedding while living in Seattle, WA. From the moment I received the first email from Candice, I knew I was in great hands. Every time I had a question (and I had lots!) throughout the planning process, she was quick to respond and always so kind and helpful. We had quite a few phone/skype calls during the planning process. Candice ensured we were always on task. I couldn't have been as calm and relaxed as I was if it weren't for her!! Then came the wedding day....she was unbelievable. I didn't have to worry about a single thing all day. All of my family and all of bridesmaids told me many times how wonderful she was too! I highly recommend Details Made Simple and I hope you're lucky enough to work with Candice!! :-)

Profile Picture Whitney, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception

We hired Details Made Simple for the day before and the day of the wedding our daughter’s wedding. Carla met with us twice before the wedding and had many creative suggestions. She was extremely responsive, was a calming influence and a creative problem solver. She handled complicated situations and suggested practical solutions throughout the planning process.
The day before the wedding, Carla organized the rehearsal and coordinated with the venue so that things ran smoothly. On the day of the wedding, she came to our house to supervise photos and to help organize the family and bridal party in getting ready. When the photos were finished, she transported items for the ceremony to the venue.
Once at the venue, it seemed as though Carla and her assistant, Shade were everywhere! They worked cooperatively with numerous vendors to make sure that every flower was in place, the musicians were ready, the ceremony was set up, the table linens and favors were laid out beautifully, the photo booth was ready and that everything was exactly as we had planned. In addition, they looked after the family and the bride and groom, ensuring that we were having a good time, that we ate, looked perfect in photos, etc. They helped the photographer accomplish the lengthy list of family photos. If anyone had a hair out of place Carla fixed it. If someone had a loose thread in their clothing, she had a scissor. Carla was extremely attentive. At the end of the evening, Carla paid all of the vendors, stored the gifts in the bridal suite and saved the flowers and other items so that we could easily retrieve them.
In planning a wedding it’s important to deal with someone who is warm, caring, understanding and compassionate. Carla is all of these things. She will handle obstacles that come up in a sensitive and professional manner. I would recommend her and her staff highly for any event.

Profile Picture laura, 9/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Our wedding could not have run as smoothly as it did without Kim. She was vital to making the day run well and I realized quickly how much of a help she was to take care of all the little things and to help me not have to worry about one thing. Thank you all!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Details Made Simple is truly a God sent. My search for a day of coordinator started and ended with Carla. From our very first conversation, she made me feel comfortable with her knowledge, friendliness, and overall expertise in the wedding industry. She helped me to find vendors that fell within my budget. When I was freaking out about my centerpieces, she gave me advice on how to handle things with my florist. Her consistent check-ins to see if I needed help with anything leading up to the wedding eased my nerves time and time again. I'm sure my husband is thankful for that as well. During our venue walk through, she listened to our wants, asked the venue important questions that we hadn't even thought of, and just reassured me the wedding would be perfect. During our rehearsal, I was emotional because of a family issue. Carla came to me while I was getting some fresh air just to make sure I was ok. Those little touches of care and attention is what makes DMS so unique. We didn't have time to finish up our escort cards, Carla took them off our hands and finished them the night before the wedding. The day of our wedding, I didn't have to worry about a thing except getting beautified! Carla had our backs as soon as we walked through the door. Every piece of our vision was executed flawlessly. She checked in with me and my new husband throughout the day to make sure we were ok. Not only did she make sure we were fine but also our parents, bridal party, and guests. Our wedding day was the day of our dreams. Everyone complimented us on how professional and personable Carla was. She truly is a gem. I know that this couldn't have been done without Details Made Simple. Thank you so much, Carla, from the bottom of our hearts.

Profile Picture Shanice, 8/31/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Kim was amazing from the very beginning. During planning, she listed to what we wanted and after sifting through LOTS of venues, she helped us find our DREAM wedding spot. Especially planning a wedding from across the country, she was instrumental, even going to see venues with my mother when I couldn't be there. She answered questions along the way and helped keep me on a timeline. Every time I asked her for a piece of advise, she was there, professional, and honest. On the day of the wedding, she was amazing. Even while juggling everything else that was going on, she spent hours finalizing our guest seat card board. She kept us on schedule throughout the night, and thanks to her (and her coordination with EVERY other vendor), everything went smoothly. The next morning we were delighted to find that amidst the whirlwind, she had found a way to get everything that was important to us from the reception space up to our suite, safe and sound.
If I ad to do it all over again, Kim would be the first call I'd make. Thank you, Details Made Simple!

Profile Picture Peggy, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious