202 Reviews for Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator

Cultural (7)
Civil (5)
Destination (1)
Double Weddings (1)

We are incredibly happy with our experience with Brooke Watson and Details Made Simple. Our wedding in DC was at a challenging, unconventional space (Blind Whino in SW), and we hadn't even considered a coordinator. Our caterer highly recommended hiring somebody, so that we could get to actually be in the moment and experience our own party. Best advice we got ever. Brooke is fun, professional, warm and reassuring. And she made everything go incredibly smoothly, without us having to worry or have our phones blow up with texts and calls from vendors. We had a lot of last minute changes in plan/timeline, and she rolled with the punches and handled everything without us needing to stress about it. She was also very helpful to bounce ideas off of, and she made arrangements to be available in person when we were picking out our rental equipment, as well as the day of the walk through, which was above and beyond the scope of our agreement. I am a control freak, and I planned the heck out of the wedding, so handing control over to anybody was no easy feat for me. But Brooke handled me, and everything else, with grace and charm. I felt that we were in great hands, and it turned out exactly as we'd hoped it would.

Profile Picture Rob, 4/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Civil, Non-Religious

Carla is the best and I highly recommend her. Planning a traditional Indian wedding takes a lot of time and patience. Carla worked with my husband and I to coordinate our wedding on the day of and did a fantastic job! She was very responsive, organized, and professional. She was truly instrumental in carrying out our day smoothly and efficiently. THANK YOU CARLA!!!

Profile Picture April, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We used Brooke Watson from Details Made Simple as our "day of" wedding coordinator. Although she was scheduled to really start to work a month before the wedding date, she made an exception to meet with us much earlier for a venue walk-through because both the bride and the mother-of-the-bride were both coming from out of town and scheduling was difficult. We had her attend both the rehearsal and the wedding day and she was super! Because of the nature of our venue (a public concert hall), set-up was limited to the morning of the event. We handed over all kinds of supplies & decor to Brooke at the rehearsal and she spent most of the wedding day making sure the reception venue was perfect for us upon arrival, coordinating with our florist, the caterer, and the venue staff. After making sure all was great at the reception hall, she shifted to the church where we had pre-ceremony pictures. With 8 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen, and tons of family, she did a great job of "herding cats" to make sure everyone was where they needed to be. Her toolkit of repair tools came in handy to fix a variety of disasters, from split groomsman pants, shirt studs that came apart, and a wilted groom's boutonniere repaired with flowers from a bridesmaid's bouquet. During the reception, she kept us on our schedule and did a great job of reigning in a bandleader who went a bit off script with the schedule of events. Mother-of-the-bride is a bit of a "Type A" personality and made a master spreadsheet of events, timeline, etc. and Brooke was gracious in dealing with that level of crazy. She was sweet and helpful and made everything run as smoothly as humanly possible. We are so glad we hired Brooke and Details Made Simple.

Profile Picture Joan, 3/3/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Day-Of Coord.

We had an absolutely magical wedding experience with Kim as our coordinator! She was fantastic and had our day so well organized that everything was perfect. Her coordinating prowess and genuine friendliness made us feel more than ready for the big day. She went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed when we needed it! We're so glad she was there to make our day flawless!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 1/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Shanika is absolutely amazing! From the moment my family met her until the last second of my wedding night she was hands on, helpful, detailed orientated, and compassionate. She is such a go-getter and really made sure all the venders executed my wedding to perfection. Any bride would be incredibly lucky to have Shanika as their wedding coordinator.

Profile Picture Jamie, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nika at DMS was incredible. She was the consummate professional, and her high-touch attention to detail made our event so special. Thank you Nika for an amazing wedding day!

Profile Picture Ann, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists

We were lucky enough to have Carla as our day of coordinator. I don't know how we would have done the wedding day without her! We got married in Garwood, NJ, but planned the wedding from our home in Orlando, FL. Due to the long distance, a coordinator was a must have on my list. Not only did Carla help us navigate through the last leg of our planning journey, she helped us regain most of our sanity by translating vendor speak, helping us find solutions to some tricky venue issues, and herding our very large (and mostly type A) family members day of. She attended vendor meetings in our place, Facetimed us from the venue, dropped off paperwork, the list goes on and on. Imagining the wedding day, I was so worried about everyone contacting me with questions, concerns, and problems, but I didn't hear a peep - Carla helped us plan all the logistics and all I did was listen to her and follow her direction. Our wedding day was seamless and everything we had hoped it would be. I have give much of the credit to Carla for making the day what it was! On top of it all, Carla is sweet and very personable with a great sense of humor; trust me - you need to giggle during this process and we did a lot of laughing with Carla. I wish we could do it all over again, but have Carla more involved - it would have been worth every penny!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We worked with Details Made Simple for our Philly wedding, and worked with Kim and it was absolutely the best choice we made. We had a very DIY wedding at the Asian Arts Initiative, where we really had to do everything and hired a lot of different vendors, and had to come in the day to set everything up ourselves and then come back the day after to clean it all up. We chose the "Peace of Mind" package, as we were comfortable doing it all ourselves, but needed someone to orchestrate the big day and just give us some literal peace of mind and advice along the way. From our first phone call before we even hired her when she asked a lot of questions for her own information that also helped us get clarity on what we needed to do, she was already a huge help. Then leading up to the wedding, I cc-ed her on most of my emails to vendors, asked her random questions via email and she was always very responsive and with helpful insight. She came and did a venue walk-through with us and helped us think through all the details we never would have considered for set up and transition between ceremony and reception. The week before our wedding when we were busy greeting out of town guests, she was calling all of our vendors to confirm their time and everything else. She came the day before to do a final walk through as were finishing setting everything up and then doing the actual rehearsal with us, and then 10 hours the next day.
We didn't have a single guest OR vendor come to us with questions or concerns during the wedding and we were able to enjoy our wedding so much because of her. She gave out our tips, she handled things that came up, helped guests get cabs, she even checked us into our hotel for us and took our suitcases over from the storage room in the venue.
I highly recommend you have a day of coordinator if one doesn't come with your venue, and definitely recommend Details Made Simple as the way to go!

Profile Picture Jean, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kim was amazing! From our very first conversation she helped me feel like everything was on track, and was right on the same page with what we envisioned for our wedding. The day of not only did she and LaToyah keep everything in track, Kim was also up a ladder fixing lighting, moving tables, and making sure that my husband and I could celebrating with our family and friends. I honestly cannot say enough good things and we thank her from the bottom of our hearts!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

April from Details Made Simple truly lived up to the company's name! As a detail oriented person myself, I couldn't believe some of the details she thought of and so easily answered any question or dilemma we had! She was calm, cool, and collected, and was by our sides during the night making sure we had everything we needed. Do yourself the biggest favor for your wedding day and have April there!!

Profile Picture Margaret, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception

Our day of coordinator, Shadé, was nothing less than amazing. From her first prompt email response to her helping with the breakdown and cleanup at the end of our wedding she handled every aspect of our wedding with expertise and professionalism. Our wedding was at a non-traditional venue without a maître d' so Shadé did all of the work scheduling deliveries and the timeline of our wedding day. She also helped put out decor and made our vision for the day a reality. We had a small "emergency" the day of (no batteries for 100 flameless candles necessary for our sunset park wedding) and she took care of it as if it was hardly a problem. Hiring Shadé was the best investment we made for our wedding day because of the peace of mind she provided.

Profile Picture Bernadette, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

April was amazing! Incredibly professional, thorough, and organized, as well as friendly and easy to work with. Everything went off without a hitch, and we got to really enjoy our special day!!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception

For our daughter’s wedding, we chose Kim Martir from Details Made Simple as our “day of” coordinator. When we first met her last year, we were impressed with her organized approach and how well she listened to us. Her pleasant, engaging and confident style convinced us that she was going to be a great partner. As things began to get busy about three months before the wedding, Kim visited the church and reception venue with us. We found this extremely helpful in validating what had been completed and creating a list of everything that needed to be accomplished by the wedding day. When we changed our minds about the format for our final meeting, Kim was flexible in accommodating our request for an in-person meeting rather than a conference call. It was so helpful having the three of us in the same room as we thought through all the final arrangements. By the time this meeting was over, we were confident all was going to go well…and it did! On the morning of the wedding, we went through a few last minute changes then handed it off to Kim for the rest of the day. Everything could not have gone more smoothly. Even a minor issue with a vendor was handled quickly, professionally and with no impact on us. We enjoyed everything the day had to offer thanks to Kim. We didn’t have to worry about whether the flowers showed up on time or the musicians were in place. We focused on interacting with our guests and the smiling faces of our daughter and new son-in-law. We strongly recommend Kim Martir of Details Made Simple for anyone who wants a stress-free wedding day!

Profile Picture Elaine, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Religious, Reception

Finding a great wedding planner was so important because I planned a New Jersey wedding while living in Seattle, WA. From the moment I received the first email from Candice, I knew I was in great hands. Every time I had a question (and I had lots!) throughout the planning process, she was quick to respond and always so kind and helpful. We had quite a few phone/skype calls during the planning process. Candice ensured we were always on task. I couldn't have been as calm and relaxed as I was if it weren't for her!! Then came the wedding day....she was unbelievable. I didn't have to worry about a single thing all day. All of my family and all of bridesmaids told me many times how wonderful she was too! I highly recommend Details Made Simple and I hope you're lucky enough to work with Candice!! :-)

Profile Picture Whitney, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception

We hired Details Made Simple for the day before and the day of the wedding our daughter’s wedding. Carla met with us twice before the wedding and had many creative suggestions. She was extremely responsive, was a calming influence and a creative problem solver. She handled complicated situations and suggested practical solutions throughout the planning process.
The day before the wedding, Carla organized the rehearsal and coordinated with the venue so that things ran smoothly. On the day of the wedding, she came to our house to supervise photos and to help organize the family and bridal party in getting ready. When the photos were finished, she transported items for the ceremony to the venue.
Once at the venue, it seemed as though Carla and her assistant, Shade were everywhere! They worked cooperatively with numerous vendors to make sure that every flower was in place, the musicians were ready, the ceremony was set up, the table linens and favors were laid out beautifully, the photo booth was ready and that everything was exactly as we had planned. In addition, they looked after the family and the bride and groom, ensuring that we were having a good time, that we ate, looked perfect in photos, etc. They helped the photographer accomplish the lengthy list of family photos. If anyone had a hair out of place Carla fixed it. If someone had a loose thread in their clothing, she had a scissor. Carla was extremely attentive. At the end of the evening, Carla paid all of the vendors, stored the gifts in the bridal suite and saved the flowers and other items so that we could easily retrieve them.
In planning a wedding it’s important to deal with someone who is warm, caring, understanding and compassionate. Carla is all of these things. She will handle obstacles that come up in a sensitive and professional manner. I would recommend her and her staff highly for any event.

Profile Picture laura, 9/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Our wedding could not have run as smoothly as it did without Kim. She was vital to making the day run well and I realized quickly how much of a help she was to take care of all the little things and to help me not have to worry about one thing. Thank you all!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Details Made Simple is truly a God sent. My search for a day of coordinator started and ended with Carla. From our very first conversation, she made me feel comfortable with her knowledge, friendliness, and overall expertise in the wedding industry. She helped me to find vendors that fell within my budget. When I was freaking out about my centerpieces, she gave me advice on how to handle things with my florist. Her consistent check-ins to see if I needed help with anything leading up to the wedding eased my nerves time and time again. I'm sure my husband is thankful for that as well. During our venue walk through, she listened to our wants, asked the venue important questions that we hadn't even thought of, and just reassured me the wedding would be perfect. During our rehearsal, I was emotional because of a family issue. Carla came to me while I was getting some fresh air just to make sure I was ok. Those little touches of care and attention is what makes DMS so unique. We didn't have time to finish up our escort cards, Carla took them off our hands and finished them the night before the wedding. The day of our wedding, I didn't have to worry about a thing except getting beautified! Carla had our backs as soon as we walked through the door. Every piece of our vision was executed flawlessly. She checked in with me and my new husband throughout the day to make sure we were ok. Not only did she make sure we were fine but also our parents, bridal party, and guests. Our wedding day was the day of our dreams. Everyone complimented us on how professional and personable Carla was. She truly is a gem. I know that this couldn't have been done without Details Made Simple. Thank you so much, Carla, from the bottom of our hearts.

Profile Picture Shanice, 8/31/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Kim was amazing from the very beginning. During planning, she listed to what we wanted and after sifting through LOTS of venues, she helped us find our DREAM wedding spot. Especially planning a wedding from across the country, she was instrumental, even going to see venues with my mother when I couldn't be there. She answered questions along the way and helped keep me on a timeline. Every time I asked her for a piece of advise, she was there, professional, and honest. On the day of the wedding, she was amazing. Even while juggling everything else that was going on, she spent hours finalizing our guest seat card board. She kept us on schedule throughout the night, and thanks to her (and her coordination with EVERY other vendor), everything went smoothly. The next morning we were delighted to find that amidst the whirlwind, she had found a way to get everything that was important to us from the reception space up to our suite, safe and sound.
If I ad to do it all over again, Kim would be the first call I'd make. Thank you, Details Made Simple!

Profile Picture Peggy, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious

Working with Details Made Simple was one of the best decisions I made during my wedding planning process. Carla and Shade are not only wonderful people, they are organized, creative and know the wedding business very well. As a fellow wedding vendor and also being a bride, I now know firsthand how important it is to have a wedding day coordinator. All I had to do was show up, look good and have fun. Carla and Shade took care of the rest. My family and friends raved about how smoothly the day went. It was an all-around great experience and I would recommend Details Made Simple to all of my friends, family and clients. Thanks again for all of your help! You are the best!

Profile Picture Marlie, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Awesome company!!! April was sooo much help throughout the entire process even though I had just hired her for the day of package. She was a savior more then a few times the day of. I felt so much better knowing April was there to take care of all those little details. April was kind, courteous, professional and on top of her game. I truly enjoyed her company, not even as a vendor but as a friend as well. She is great at what she does, as is everyone from Details Made Simple I'm sure! Thank you so much guys!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/5/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I am so glad that I utilized Details Made Simple for day-of wedding coordination. Our wedding day was bound to be pretty chaotic - we had a church ceremony in NYC, followed by a reception in Jersey City (which the 16 person wedding party, plus 3 flower girls and two sets of parents, traveled to via a public ferry boat). It was also a hot day in August and we had over 220 guests. It was a recipe for disaster and I was really nervous. Although I booked all the vendors and planned the wedding myself, I knew that I would need to let go on the day of. Here enters Shanika (Nika) - she was tremendously proactive in the weeks leading up to the wedding, remembering to push me to give her the information she needed to completely take over on the wedding day. She did a walk through of the wedding with me and the photographer and followed up afterwards with a ton of ideas about how to better execute the wedding day. She also reached out to all the guests in advance of the wedding to introduce herself and provide her cell phone number in case they had any issues on the wedding day. She also reached out to all the vendors to make sure they knew where to go on the day of. I consider myself pretty Type-A and hands-on, but Nika's proactive nature really helped me trust that she was going to ensure that I had a wonderful wedding day. During a rare quiet moment on the wedding day, my photographer remarked that he had never seen a wedding in NYC go EXACTLY as scheduled - I can thank Nika for that. She was friendly, especially with non-English speaking guests, but also kept everyone on track. Thank you Details Made Simple, and thank you, Nika!

Profile Picture Tee, 8/5/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Cultural, Religious

This review is long overdue. Carla, LaToyah, and the rest of the team at Details Made Simple made our wedding last month absolutely perfect. Our 200 person wedding was on a family-owned property outdoors. As with any wedding there was obviously tons of prep, but we had the added work of clearing the ground, mowing the grass (many acres of it), and renting/making everything ourselves. Even without a venue owner, Carla came in and new exactly what to do. She created beautiful flower bouquets, managed all the setup (which looked SO AMAZING!!), and stayed the entire time to keep the schedule flowing and on track. I've planned events before so I was worried about being stressed on the actual day of, but with Carla and LaToyah on site, I knew everything would get taken care of. Ladies, I can't thank you enough.

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Michele from Details Made Simple helped organize our wedding day. She was so helpful and so on top of things. It allowed me to not have to think during the night, and truly enjoy myself.

Profile Picture Meryl, 7/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Religious

Michele Chu is #1 on my list of Wedding Essentials.

Event management has always been a part of my career so when it came time to start planning a wedding I knew how important it would be to have a Day Of Coordinator.
When I found Details Made Simple I was excited to find a company that was affordable and offered exactly the kind of service package that I needed. I worked with Michele Chu and she is literally the only reason the whole day ran perfectly and was as much fun as it was. Michele was AMAZING! She's so great to work with and easy to talk to. She answered all my emails and was always on time for our phone calls. She also gave me advice on what to expect, made recommendations for vendors, helped me schedule my vendors in the right order, and even came for a walk through with our DJ and venue coordinator so she knew what to do and where to go on the day of our wedding which was in a big non-traditional venue.
She set up our decorations at the venue, helped receive deliveries, wrangled my excited and high energy family for photos and helped everyone get organized to line up for the ceremony. She even took a few pictures for me with my phone.
It was no easy task but she did it all with a huge smile and a genuinely great attitude. I literally can't say enough good things about Michele.

Profile Picture Ari, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception