221 Reviews for Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator

Cultural (9)
Civil (7)
Destination (1)
Double Weddings (1)

On behalf of my new husband and I , I first have to start off by saying, Carla Friday we love you! She has guided us through this insane journey of wedding planning and was always available when ever we needed her! Weeks leading up to the wedding Carla would check in on my (then) fiance and I to make sure we were ok and if we needed any assistance. She was professional, attentive, knowledgeable, personable, fun, flexible, available and shared my obsession over dogs! Carla and her amazing college Shade even looked after my Chihuahua during the wedding festivities too, now that is excellent service! Not only did I end my wedding with wonderful memories, I also gained a friend! Details Made Simple ladies, if I could give you 10 stars, I would! You ladies made my wedding day a dream come true!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/21/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Where do we begin? When we hired Carla to be our day-of coordinator we had no idea how huge a help she'd really be. Carla went above and beyond for our wedding day. So much so that our surprise hotel suite was carefully decorated by her amidst all the small details that needed attention. Carla was hands on from the minute she arrived to the very last moment of our special day. It seemed as if she was everywhere at once! There was a point during the wedding where someone asked Carla to do something and we needed something done too; Carla simply let out a bright smile to both of us and replied, "I got you." That statement alone helps sum up all Carla did for us. She had us from before the date, and made sure that everyone (including our bridal party and special guests) were specially taken care of on the day. If you're looking for a day-of coordinator that will keep you organized, stress-free and sane, Carla is the one for you. Words alone cannot express the amount of gratitude we have for Carla. Her helping hand truly made our wedding a day to remember forever.

Profile Picture NATHAN, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Carla Friday and her Details Made Simple team are simply the best. I went with Details Made Simple's Peace of Mind package, and even though the package stated that coordination would start 1-3 months out from the wedding, Carla and her team were helping me 10 months before my wedding. Carla and her team sent check-in emails monthly to see how I was doing and how I could be of assistance. It was such a blessing to know that I wasn't planning my wedding alone! For the actual wedding day, Carla was PHENOMENAL. She came to the hotel the day before to conduct a quick wedding rehearsal. My family and bridal party could be a lot, but Carla remained so calm and professional and got everyone through the rehearsal in under 45 minutes. For the day of the wedding, Carla was on top of everything. All of my vendors (photographer, videographer, minister, hairstylist, etc) knew exactly where to be and what time to be there. I didn't have to lift a finger or think of any of those details on my wedding day. Carla stayed with me from 7am to 6pm and ensured that everything ran seamlessly. I truly cannot thank Carla and her Details Made Simple team enough. If you are questioning whether or not you need a coordinator, stop questioning it and hire a coordinator. But more importantly, higher Details Made Simple. There are many coordinators out there, but there aren't many who know how to remain calm and composed and POSITIVE on what is the most important day of your life. I'm so grateful for Carla and her team.

Profile Picture Melika, 7/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Civil, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Carla is the most accommodating, sweet and most caring wedding planner any stressed out bride can ask for. I was excited about working with Details Made Simple after all the wonderful feedback I collected from friends that have used them in the past. This was not the first time meeting Carla so right away we hit it off. She made the wedding journey so smooth, provided great gifts for my bridesmaids, principal sponsors and secondary sponsors and went above and beyond to make sure we felt comfortable and at ease leading up to our wedding and our wedding day. My husband and I wanted our dog Zoey to walk down the aisle and the Church was a little hesitant to have Zoey stay for the whole ceremony for safety reasons so Carla offered to drive her home after the ceremony which she did! Thankfully, we lived five minutes away from the Church. I have never heard of a wedding planner going to such lengths to keep couples happy and comfortable. We had and have complete trust in Carla and that speaks to her professionalism and general aptitude in dealing with folks on their most stressful and exciting day. Thank you so much Details Made Simple and Carla for making our wedding day TRULY the BEST DAY EVER!

Profile Picture Jessica , 6/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Ceremony, Reception, Cultural, Religious

I had the pleasure to work with Kim. She went above and beyond her duties to make sure everything for the ceremony and reception is how I envisioned it to be. Having Kim as my wedding coordinator on my day is the best decision I've have ever made!

Profile Picture Jenny, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord.

Michele was just incredible! we coudnt have had our wedding, she answered all our questions, made us feel at ease! answered emails immediately and she was just amazing on the day off! the maid of honor's dress broke and she just Michele just immediately took care of it by personally sewing it! I would highly highly recommend Michele to everyone! She took care of the rain situation. When we were a bit stressed, she just didnt let us think about it and handled everything!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Shade was the best decision I made in my entire wedding planning process! I don't know what I would have done without her. I am a total perfectionist and spent a year and a half planning out my dream day. I needed someone who would be able to execute my vision to the T. Shade made sure to go over all the vendors I had hired and reach out to them and we did a walk through of the venue where I showed her my vision for the day. She created a timeline with all of my vendors to make sure everyone would be where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to come the wedding day.

On the wedding day, Shade made sure I didn't have to worry about a single thing. Any issues that came up, she took care of. She made sure the entire wedding went smoothly and that my vision was executed. My wedding day would not have been so perfect had it not been for Shade. She is kind and professional and leaves you completely confident that she will execute your vision. She does not disappoint. If you want your wedding day to be perfect and not have to stress about a thing, I highly recommend Shade!

Profile Picture janet, 6/2/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Zaakira was such an amazing help to us as a "month-of" coordinatoor. As soon as we signed the contract, she helped us find the vendors we were unable to find on our own. In the last month, she was a life-saver -- not only did she answer all of our questions, she made sure we were on top of all the details we hadn't even considered. She was flexible in our meeting times, and was always friendly and on top of things. And of course, on the wedding day, she was everywhere -- she made sure we had food when we were getting ready, she bought tylenol for my grandmother, and she even took my mom's shoes outside to scuff them! Because of her, the whole day went so smoothly. Everything was in its place and ready, without us ever having to think about it. We would recommend her 100%.

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Civil, Religious

Brooke was fantastic!! She was there to whole day and even days after the wedding to make sure things were dealt with properly! I was a hands on bride and only used her for the day of coordination, and it was worth it! Whats the point of spending a ton of time on your wedding if you don't have someone the day of to follow through on all of your ideas? If you aren't sure whether to invest, trust me, just do it so you can enjoy your day! And ask for Brooke, she's great at her job :)

Profile Picture Jenna, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I don't know what I would have done without Shadé. She was such a great person to work with and was the calm you need in the violent storm that can be wedding planning. If you are someone who is on the fence about being able to handle everything on your own (such as myself: I work full-time, go to school part-time, and my wedding was out-of-state), just take the leap and book! It will make your life a lot easier and I'm sure you won't regret the decision!

Profile Picture Alicia, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Details Made Simple is phenomenal!!!! I had the pleasure of working with Shade Coleman as my Day of Wedding Coordinator, and she was nothing short of amazing. Shade was very involved from Day 1. She made sure to answer every email very quickly and she took the time to schedule calls will me, just to be sure that she was up to date on all of the wedding details. Even if I was just looking for a suggestion, Shade was there to help me. Once the wedding day got closer, Shade made sure to coordinate the arrival times with all of the vendors. She even created a schedule for the wedding day to ensure that everything went smoothly.

On the day of my wedding, I was a complete mess, I was having a meltdown because I was so afraid that the wedding was not going to go as planned, and needless to say, Shade took care of everything. All I had to do on my wedding day was relax. Planning a wedding in addition to working full time in NYC was completely exhausting and I would have been completely overwhelmed if I did not have Shade by my side. I am so thankful that I found Details Made Simple and I am even more thankful that I was paired with Shade Coleman.

Shade, I know that we have said this to you many times already, but Haneef and I adore you and we will forever be thankful for everything that you did for us!

Carla, thank you for having such a phenomenal business. If the rest of the ladies are anything like Shade Coleman, I know that you and your team will always be successful.

I can’t thank Details Made Simple enough!

With Love,
MRS. ARBUBAKRR ❤️

Profile Picture Arielle , 5/20/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cultural, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists

I mainly hired a day-of wedding coordinator to figure out the timeline, and to make sure that I wasn't the one having to tell everyone where to go and when. April ended up doing SO much more, and handling much more than just the day of. My husband Jeff and I were married this past Saturday. April was in touch consistently from the time I hired her last summer. She talked me down off many ledges, and listened to me vent when I needed to! It was wonderful to know that the timeline was set, and that all the vendors were confirmed. The day of the wedding, everyone commented on how calm I was. That's because April took care of EVERYTHING, even things I wouldn't have ever thought of, and didn't know I needed. She even helped remind the pastor how the ceremony should go! I would highly recommend Details Made Simple if you want to truly enjoy your wedding day. We certainly did, and can't thank April enough!!

Profile Picture Rose, 4/14/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We are incredibly happy with our experience with Brooke Watson and Details Made Simple. Our wedding in DC was at a challenging, unconventional space (Blind Whino in SW), and we hadn't even considered a coordinator. Our caterer highly recommended hiring somebody, so that we could get to actually be in the moment and experience our own party. Best advice we got ever. Brooke is fun, professional, warm and reassuring. And she made everything go incredibly smoothly, without us having to worry or have our phones blow up with texts and calls from vendors. We had a lot of last minute changes in plan/timeline, and she rolled with the punches and handled everything without us needing to stress about it. She was also very helpful to bounce ideas off of, and she made arrangements to be available in person when we were picking out our rental equipment, as well as the day of the walk through, which was above and beyond the scope of our agreement. I am a control freak, and I planned the heck out of the wedding, so handing control over to anybody was no easy feat for me. But Brooke handled me, and everything else, with grace and charm. I felt that we were in great hands, and it turned out exactly as we'd hoped it would.

Profile Picture Rob, 4/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Civil, Non-Religious

When my husband and I realized last minute how much we truly needed some to set-up our DIY projects and to help with our big day, we did not know or just understand how much the day will pass with ease knowing you have someone to truly count on like you can with DMS! Carla made our dreams come true and even though we had multiple hindrances throughout the day she did not allow that to stop the party, You're a truly amazing woman! If we had to do our wedding all over again, we wouldn't do it any other way! Thank you DMS team.
The Contreras's

Profile Picture Isis, 4/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Carla is the best and I highly recommend her. Planning a traditional Indian wedding takes a lot of time and patience. Carla worked with my husband and I to coordinate our wedding on the day of and did a fantastic job! She was very responsive, organized, and professional. She was truly instrumental in carrying out our day smoothly and efficiently. THANK YOU CARLA!!!

Profile Picture April, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Most ladies dream of their wedding day and I was not on of those. My husband pushed for us to get some help and keep the wedding planning process smoother. Fast forward to the wedding being behind us and I am so greatful we were paired with shanika for my may 19th wedding. She was on it! I had alot of DIY components and am naturally very particular-- and she made it ALL happen. ** Despite crazy rain and last minute day off changes being made , I was ready for my wedding about 45 min before my first look and was able to relax with my family. Friends and family members even mentioned how good of a job she did. I would recommend anyone and everyone to Shanika.

Profile Picture Nathaly, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We used Brooke Watson from Details Made Simple as our "day of" wedding coordinator. Although she was scheduled to really start to work a month before the wedding date, she made an exception to meet with us much earlier for a venue walk-through because both the bride and the mother-of-the-bride were both coming from out of town and scheduling was difficult. We had her attend both the rehearsal and the wedding day and she was super! Because of the nature of our venue (a public concert hall), set-up was limited to the morning of the event. We handed over all kinds of supplies & decor to Brooke at the rehearsal and she spent most of the wedding day making sure the reception venue was perfect for us upon arrival, coordinating with our florist, the caterer, and the venue staff. After making sure all was great at the reception hall, she shifted to the church where we had pre-ceremony pictures. With 8 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen, and tons of family, she did a great job of "herding cats" to make sure everyone was where they needed to be. Her toolkit of repair tools came in handy to fix a variety of disasters, from split groomsman pants, shirt studs that came apart, and a wilted groom's boutonniere repaired with flowers from a bridesmaid's bouquet. During the reception, she kept us on our schedule and did a great job of reigning in a bandleader who went a bit off script with the schedule of events. Mother-of-the-bride is a bit of a "Type A" personality and made a master spreadsheet of events, timeline, etc. and Brooke was gracious in dealing with that level of crazy. She was sweet and helpful and made everything run as smoothly as humanly possible. We are so glad we hired Brooke and Details Made Simple.

Profile Picture Joan, 3/3/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Day-Of Coord.

We had an absolutely magical wedding experience with Kim as our coordinator! She was fantastic and had our day so well organized that everything was perfect. Her coordinating prowess and genuine friendliness made us feel more than ready for the big day. She went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed when we needed it! We're so glad she was there to make our day flawless!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 1/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Shanika is absolutely amazing! From the moment my family met her until the last second of my wedding night she was hands on, helpful, detailed orientated, and compassionate. She is such a go-getter and really made sure all the venders executed my wedding to perfection. Any bride would be incredibly lucky to have Shanika as their wedding coordinator.

Profile Picture Jamie, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nika at DMS was incredible. She was the consummate professional, and her high-touch attention to detail made our event so special. Thank you Nika for an amazing wedding day!

Profile Picture Ann, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists

We were lucky enough to have Carla as our day of coordinator. I don't know how we would have done the wedding day without her! We got married in Garwood, NJ, but planned the wedding from our home in Orlando, FL. Due to the long distance, a coordinator was a must have on my list. Not only did Carla help us navigate through the last leg of our planning journey, she helped us regain most of our sanity by translating vendor speak, helping us find solutions to some tricky venue issues, and herding our very large (and mostly type A) family members day of. She attended vendor meetings in our place, Facetimed us from the venue, dropped off paperwork, the list goes on and on. Imagining the wedding day, I was so worried about everyone contacting me with questions, concerns, and problems, but I didn't hear a peep - Carla helped us plan all the logistics and all I did was listen to her and follow her direction. Our wedding day was seamless and everything we had hoped it would be. I have give much of the credit to Carla for making the day what it was! On top of it all, Carla is sweet and very personable with a great sense of humor; trust me - you need to giggle during this process and we did a lot of laughing with Carla. I wish we could do it all over again, but have Carla more involved - it would have been worth every penny!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We worked with Details Made Simple for our Philly wedding, and worked with Kim and it was absolutely the best choice we made. We had a very DIY wedding at the Asian Arts Initiative, where we really had to do everything and hired a lot of different vendors, and had to come in the day to set everything up ourselves and then come back the day after to clean it all up. We chose the "Peace of Mind" package, as we were comfortable doing it all ourselves, but needed someone to orchestrate the big day and just give us some literal peace of mind and advice along the way. From our first phone call before we even hired her when she asked a lot of questions for her own information that also helped us get clarity on what we needed to do, she was already a huge help. Then leading up to the wedding, I cc-ed her on most of my emails to vendors, asked her random questions via email and she was always very responsive and with helpful insight. She came and did a venue walk-through with us and helped us think through all the details we never would have considered for set up and transition between ceremony and reception. The week before our wedding when we were busy greeting out of town guests, she was calling all of our vendors to confirm their time and everything else. She came the day before to do a final walk through as were finishing setting everything up and then doing the actual rehearsal with us, and then 10 hours the next day.
We didn't have a single guest OR vendor come to us with questions or concerns during the wedding and we were able to enjoy our wedding so much because of her. She gave out our tips, she handled things that came up, helped guests get cabs, she even checked us into our hotel for us and took our suitcases over from the storage room in the venue.
I highly recommend you have a day of coordinator if one doesn't come with your venue, and definitely recommend Details Made Simple as the way to go!

Profile Picture Jean, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kim was amazing! From our very first conversation she helped me feel like everything was on track, and was right on the same page with what we envisioned for our wedding. The day of not only did she and LaToyah keep everything in track, Kim was also up a ladder fixing lighting, moving tables, and making sure that my husband and I could celebrating with our family and friends. I honestly cannot say enough good things and we thank her from the bottom of our hearts!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

April from Details Made Simple truly lived up to the company's name! As a detail oriented person myself, I couldn't believe some of the details she thought of and so easily answered any question or dilemma we had! She was calm, cool, and collected, and was by our sides during the night making sure we had everything we needed. Do yourself the biggest favor for your wedding day and have April there!!

Profile Picture Margaret, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews