Destination Wedding Studio Reviews

138 | Key West, FL

138 Reviews for Destination Wedding Studio

Sharon · Married on 05/17/2013

Fom the very beginning Peggy was just so easy to work with. She really listened and we genuinely felt making our vision come to life was as important to her as it was to us.

Peggy recommended vendors who were wonderful. She has a very good reputation with all of them. They know her and enjoy working with her. She recomended Audubon for our welcome reception which was magical. She married us - which after working together so closely for months was really special. We felt her words for especially for us. And she pulled together every table at Casa Marina so beatifully it literally brought tears to my eyes when I peeked in the room.

We enjoyed every second of our events and they surpassed expectations. Peggy truly had our backs and catered to every detail imaginable. She is our lifelong friend - a planner extrordinare!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Sarah · Married on 04/27/2013

I had the wedding of my dreams thanks to Peggy at Destination Wedding Studio! I highly recommend her to anyone getting married in South Florida (I got married at Hawks Cay Resort in Duck Key, FL). Since I live near Washington, DC, this was a destination wedding but everything went so smoothly. I chose the "Lady in Waiting" package. From the beginning to the end Peggy was so responsive, organized and professional. I do travel to Miami a few times a year and on those trips Peggy would meet with me to discuss the details, vendors, decorations and everything else. Getting to know Peggy throughout that time really important because it allowed her to know exactly what I wanted. We were able to brainstorm and think outside the typical "beach wedding" box. Don't get me wrong, Peggy is a pro at doing beach weddings (I have seen the pictures!) but I wanted something modern and Miami themed and she pulled it off! She is also very responsive by phone and email. I loved working with Peggy and I couldn't have for a better wedding planner!!!

Sent on 06/09/2013

Peggy was so wonderful and I don't know how I could have done my wedding without her. She became like a second mom to me -- my wedding mom! We live in Texas and had our wedding in Key West so I had to plan everything from far away and she really helped make the process easier and enjoyable. She is very knowledgable on the whole wedding planning process and alot of the vendors in the Key West and Miami area. She is very creative and really helped me in decor and helped my mom set everything up the day of. Her whole team is great and really helped the day of the wedding getting everything together and on time. Everyone should us Destination Wedding Studio if you are getting married in Florida! Love love love them!!!

Sent on 05/16/2013

We used Destination Wedding Studio for our daughter's wedding at Hawk's Cay Resort in Maraton, FL. The owner, Peggy Russell, was so incredibly wonderful! She really took all the stress off of the bride and myself. Thanks to Peggy, I was able to relax and enjoy our daughter's beautiful wedding! In fact, the day of the wedding, Peggy and her staff did all the decorating and last minute details. I got to go swimming and relax by the pool all day. I would definetly recommend Destination Wedding Studio for any bride (and Mom!) Thanks, Peggy!!!

Sent on 05/28/2013

Elaine · Married on 04/13/2013

Peggy and the Destination Wedding Team are fabulous! They made our wedding day perfect! We are from the Midwest and we were married in Islamorada, FL. Peggy helped us decide on this location and it couldn’t have been better. She also suggested all of our vendors, from floral, catering and our rehearsal dinner restaurant. All vendors were amazing and the food was even more amazing!

Peggy was always a phone call away and there whenever we needed her. She also met with all of our vendors, multiple times, when we couldn’t be in Florida.

Her staff was there on our wedding day, and they were very helpful. Jody was a doll. She helped us through the ceremony and carried around water for us while taking pictures in the hot sun!

I would recommend Destination Wedding Studio to anyone looking for help for their wedding!

Sent on 04/25/2013

Kaitlen · Married on 04/06/2013

Peggy was the planner at Destination Wedding Studio. We hired her for "day of planning" which meant even though we hired her about 8 months out from our wedding date, she started helping us with coordination & planing 2 months out from our wedding date. At that point she took all of the contracts, organized schedule of events, last minute details, coordination between vendors & our resort, etc...

We also hired her as our officiant & we were very happy with how our ceremony went & the vows we said.

She was a joy to work with & easy to work with.

Sent on 04/14/2013

Kathy Ann · Married on 03/26/2013

We used Peggy Russell's wedding service to set up our destination wedding at Hawk's Cay Resort in Marathon FL.

Peggy gave us very personalized service. We were able to select from different choices. She set up our ceremony in a very beautiful place on Duck Key at the resort. We were very happy with how everything turned out. From the setup, to the photographer, to dinner and the wedding cake & flowers - Peggy took care of it all. She performed our ceremony and it was wonderful... Her words were warm and thoughtful.
    The photographer (Bob) seemed to be very creative in some of the shots that he took & we cannot wait to see the pictures! Very happy with her choice of photographer...
    And OMG - the cake was unbelievable. We actually ate the whole thing, as it was really delicious and beautiful.

Sent on 04/04/2013

Peggy was a delight to work with. She was so helpful in every way through from our wedding planning six months out all the way up to the very last minute of the reception during our big day! I highly recommend Peggy and wouldn't have been able to do it without her!! Thank you!

Sent on 04/04/2013
  • User3191206 · 2+ years ago

Peggy at Destination wedding studios was able to take care of every detail exactly as we wished for our wedding. She was always responsive and available via phone or email when something came up or I had a question. She had existing relationships with the resort and other vendors which made everything easier. I would highly recommend her to anyone wanting to get married in the Florida Keys. She made our wedding day worry free so we could simply enjoy every minute together.

Sent on 04/11/2013

Joy · Married on 03/16/2013

Peggy and Destination Wedding Studio were fantastic and an invaluable resource for me for my destination wedding. She gave me honest opinions about vendors and locations, and I appreciated that she worked on a fixed fee rather than a percentage of the cost, because I knew there was no extra incentive for her to push me towards using more expensive vendors.

Peggy is also very creative and thinks out-of-the-box. She gives great ideas and is very receptive to interesting and unusual ideas. It was great having her down in Key West to liaise with all of the Florida vendors, many of which she had experience with previously. She is also a lovely person who is easy and fun to talk with, and she puts you at ease from the beginning and feels like a friend, which made the whole experience much more pleasurable.

Peggy helped with everything in the days before the wedding when we arrived in Key West. She brought us the materials for gift bags, helped us to get the favors, put the bags together herself and delivered them to the various hotels where guests were staying. She gave our Chicago photographer good ideas for the photo session and also provided us with transportation for the photo shoot to make it quicker and easier. And on the day of, Peggy was the best! She took care of everything and worked with the resort staff to make every single detail perfect! It was seamless and went off without a hitch, and Peggy was always in the background coordinating things without ever making her presence known. Our wedding was perfect, and I can definitely say that a huge portion of that perfection was attributable to Peggy and Destination Wedding Studio! I have zero complaints about her services, and would use her again in a heartbeat (except that I never intend to have another wedding!). I would recommend without any hesitations or doubts to anyone planning a destination wedding in the Florida Keys to use Destination Wedding Studio. Peggy is the best!

Sent on 04/05/2013

Katie · Married on 03/11/2013

Peggy and Destination Wedding Studio were wonderful to work with. I planned my wedding in the Florida Keys from North Carolina and did not visit the resort and wedding location before we all actually arrived for our wedding vacation. I had to trust Peggy and her ability to create an environment that fit our desires for a laid-back, stress-free, family-centered wedding and Peggy really came through. Peggy was onsite the entire day of the rehearsal and the wedding and made sure everything went smoothly. If anything didn't go smoothly, I didn't know about it and that is just fine by me. The best money I spent during the entire wedding process was on Peggy. She knows the Keys well and has a great reputation among the resorts and other vendors.

Sent on 04/05/2013

Amy · Married on 01/19/2013

My wedding was absolutely perfect and I owe so much of that to Peggy! She was always responsive to my emails and phone calls and knew just how to help. Her recommendations for vendors were spot on and I was pleased with every one of them. She allowed my mother and me to relax and enjoy every second of my wedding day. She even greeted us with a heartfelt card and beautiful champagne glasses to replace the ones that were broken in flight. She was quick to deliver appetizers and a drink to my husband and I so we could experience cocktail hour even though we missed it while taking pictures and she even replaced our unity candle which was also broken during our flight. I commented to my husband as we were leaving the keys that it was going to be hard to make decisions again without Peggy. I could use her as a life planner :-) I would personally recommend that no one get married in the Keys WITHOUT Peggy Russell! She will become your wedding planner and your friend.

Lisa · Married on 12/30/2012

I could go on and on for hours, telling the story of our perfect wedding day..
    We knew from the second we met Peggy, that the wedding was going to be great. She was so kind and understood our ideas right away. She's an amazing woman and will do anything for you!
    We never doubted her or the wedding team for a second, even though we planned the entire wedding via email, since we live outside the US. (We visited Hawks Cay and Peggy 1 time) You never really know what to expect, but.. The wedding, the service, the staff, the food, the flowers, the decorations etc etc - It all was SO much more than we expected.. Especially since we had to change reception area the last minute from outside to inside due to the stormy weather. Me and my husband had one thing visualized in our minds, with the reception outside by the sea, but we when got to the ballroom after the ceremony I was honestly blown away! It was stunning!

We really had the best day of our lives and I miss every second of it!
    Thank you Peggy, you gave us a fairytale wedding!

Sent on 01/29/2013

jessica · Married on 12/12/2012

i can not thank peggy enought for making our day a wonderful event and making our vision of our day come true. there was no stress nothing we had to worry about. everything was perfect. peggy you are a wonderful planner and friendly and open. i can not express how nice and smooth everything went. thank you so very much.

Heather · Married on 11/10/2012

Peggy Russell and the Wedding Destination crew were an absolute gift to have with our wedding. Everything was perfect, including the last minute change due to weather. I can not express enough how wonderful she was.

Kip · Married on 06/16/2012

After reviewing Peggy's website I was intrigued by her incredible photos of previous weddings. Needless to say she did an amazing job. My wife Ty and I are 100% happy with her service and the personal touch she added to our wedding such as using our grandma's recipe for our wedding cake which was a great idea and made for much conversation during our wedding. Thanks again Peggy.

Patrick

Sent on 05/14/2013

Meg · Married on 05/26/2012

When my husband and I decided to get married in Key West, we were not sure where to begin! We chose Key West because this is where we always vacationed together and where he proposed. Someone recommended getting in touch with Peggy at Destination Wedding Studios and it was the best decision we ever made! Although we were not sure we needed a planner, we quickly realized this was a necessity, especially when planning a destination wedding.
    Destination Wedding Studios helped us plan a wedding my friends all say, "they will never be able to compete with! Our goal was to make the wedding a weekend "event" for our friends and Peggy helped plan every detail! From the moment our guests arrived on Thursday to our Sunday brunch goodbyes by the ocean.... it truly was event to remember.
    We interviewed many planners that were recommended to us, but none seemed to have the attention to detail and creativity that DWS did. Peggy suggested we have a "progressive wedding night," which took our guests to many locations on the island. It was fabulous and full of Key West flare. One thing my husband and I were most pleased with, was that Peggy seemed to really think outside of the box and helped us do the same. She really considered the fact that this was a vacation weekend for both our guests and ourselves. Key West is a special place to my husband and I and we wanted our guests to understand why. After the events of our wedding weekend, we know they now do.
    We can not say enough great things about DSW! Thank you, thank you, thank you Peggy and staff for all you did to make our wedding weekend what it was!!

Sent on 02/19/2013

Peggy and the Destination Wedding Team were (and are) superb! We asked for a full service package and we got that and then some. Our invitations were out of this world. The unique and memorable decor of both the wedding night an the rehearsal dinner exceeded our expectations. The flowers, my bouquet especially, were just right and a true reflection of both my husband and I. Actually everything from the invites to the night of to the flowers to the food - ALL OF IT - was an authentic expression of my husband and I. What more can a bride ask for on the day of her wedding? In my opinion, not much more. To wake up the day after my wedding and just smile at the beauty Peggy and her team created and the memories my husband and I will have for a lifetime ... well, that pretty much sums up what my experience was like with the Destination Wedding Studio. For those of you reading this and unsure about who you want to plan the day you have always imagined ... call Peggy now! She's the best! Thank you Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio for listening, for caring, for never settling, and for making my wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 01/29/2013

Eva · Married on 12/10/2011

Peggy is the most patient, understanding, genuine person I have met in a long time. She provided not only advice for wedding details, but also offered "pre-marital counseling" to help myself and my fiancee to compromise on aspects of the wedding we disagreed on. She answered emails right away, taking away any anxiety I may have been feeling. She gave great referrals and suggestions. In addition, she has great ideas for decor and entertainment.

We may have not made it to our wedding day without her. Peggy, we owe you so much. The entire event was so PERFECT! We could never have done it without you.

Sent on 01/03/2012

Andrea · Married on 02/24/2007

I used Peggy for the day-of planning. I just needed someone to assist me the day before and the day of my wedding to be sure everything ran smoothly. Peggy was fantastic. She let me keep all of my stuff in her house before the wedding, and she transported it to the reception location. She brought me breakfast to my hotel room the morning of the wedding, and most importantly, she was an organized and calming presence.

Sent on 10/01/2008

Srh · Married on 02/18/2017

Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio made our wedding a DREAM! We did 4 separate events with them as the planner. We were ABSOLUTELY thrilled! Each event was outstanding and more than we could have ever dreamed of. She knows all the right people and designers and just made it all happen. We live 3000 miles from the wedding site and Peggy took care of all the details. She made our visions come to life in ways we never would have been able to do. They are incredible. I could not say enough. We are two busy executives with no time to plan, we were blending two families, and two different cultures, Peggy made it stunning and wonderful. We literally could just focus on our family and friends, and pretty much just show up :) HIRE THEM, I'd use them time and time again for anything in the areas they cover. WONDERFUL!

Sent on 03/27/2017

I am still dreaming about how fantastic our wedding day was in Vero Beach, FL & most of that is thanks to how amazing Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio team was.
    Planning: Peg helped keep our family and vendors organized and always came prepared to any meetings to go over timelines, etc. She was willing to be a part of our whole weekend, not just the wedding night which really made a difference for our guests.
    Details: Peg is very creative and was able to bring a lot of inspiration once we explained our vision. She was able to work well and willingly with all of our (many) ideas as well.
    Coordination: We had a larger wedding (and very large wedding party) and Peg and the team really worked to keep us calm throughout the whole night. They worked extra hard leading up to the wedding with some last minute changes to ensure everything would run smoothly.

If your looking for some creative inspiration and for a team that makes your wedding both beautiful but feel extra special than Destination Wedding Studio should be your go-to team!

Sent on 06/27/2016
  • FutureRice0821

Mica · Married on 08/21/2015

I had the pleasure of working with Peggy and her husband Chuck on my wedding day. I had contracted her for DOC services. From our initial call, I felt at ease with Peggy and knew she was the right one. A couple of months prior to my wedding, she gave me a questionnaire to fill out about my day. It really helped me to get my head around what was left and what I envisioned the end result to be. They arrived on my wedding day and quickly took over without me ever having to tell them what needed to be done. It kept me calm and I knew that everything would run smoothly. They cleaned up, helped set up, and made sure that everyone was where they needed to be, when they needed to be there! I can't recommend having a DOC enough. It is worth what you will spend! Thanks again for helping to keep me calm during the big day!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Thank you so much for the sweet review! What an honor it was to be a part of your special day! Peggy and Team

Katie · Married on 11/01/2014

I was married this past November 1, 2014 at Hawks Cay Resort in Duck, Key FL. Peggy Russell was my planner throughout the entire planning and execution process. She was recommended by the hotel, and they did not steer me wrong. She was extremely detail oriented, and constantly checked in with me to give me any and all updates. Her recommendations for vendors were definitely on point. I did bring some of my own vendors from here in Orlando because I had worked with them previously, but Peggy made it a seamless process for them, and put them in touch with the necessary hotel contacts. I got to the hotel quite a few days early and Peggy met with me immediately to make sure that I was comfortable with the flow of the entire event. Due to inclement weather, we had to make a last minute call to move the reception inside, but she was all over it. Peggy quickly got in touch with her contacts and took care of the additional equipment, décor, floral and lighting that we were going to need to transform the ballroom. You could definitely see how much Peggy cared about our wedding, and loved her job. I would recommend her to anyone that had a Florida keys wedding.

Sent on 01/28/2015

Leah · Married on 03/09/2013

Planning a wedding is stressful enough but when it is a destination wedding you want to have someone looking out for you. Peggy was wonderful in making our wedding exactly what we wanted. she knows all the other vendors in the area and was really able to get things done for us.when those little problems came up she was already on top of it with another suggestion to move forward.

Sent on 04/08/2013